Haunting Activated By Opening A Box... Every Time!

haunted box family history violent ghost demon angry

• You cannot reply to this topic
18 replies to this topic

#1 JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,189 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 10:58 PM

I found this email tonight in an old Gmail account with over 5000 unread emails!

I received this email in 2009. It's been sitting unopened for almost 6 years. I wish I could have written him back about this at the time.
I am going to see if I can still get through to him... and if I do, what are the questions I should ask him??
-->  Or the counsel I should give him?

Here's the email:
I have a box of family history stuff. Whenever it is messed with, moved, or looked through strange things happen like clock work, everytime. We had things get broken in the house, pictures thrown off the wall, not just cracked but shattered frame and all. Had a coffee table get flipped over violently in front of my whole family. I put everything back in the box and all is quiet.

I moved from my folks house hundreds of miles away, and had a vivid dream that a spirit was very angry with me and that the box was ruined. Then believe it or not, i awoke to a figure that was huddled next to me that quickly moved to the foot of the bed stood and was gone. I called my folks the next day and they had moved it up to the attic just the day previous. I asked them to put the box back and they did, nothing happened since.

-Should we be appeasing this thing? we do it every time. As long as no one touches the box everything is fine. I am worried, every experience is more powerful then the next.  Thanks, Adam

I think this would be a good episode for "Ghost Adventures"... and have them open the box on the show!  :)

Posted Image
This is not the original box... added just for effect

#2 CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 12:30 AM

I wonder. Would you open the box Jim? :crazy:

I'd stand back and watch... :confused0068:

Just kidding. It does sound intriguing.
My Signature

#3 JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,189 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 01:22 AM

Yes I'll open the box, CDS... if you'll stand ready with a giant butterfly net!  Posted Image

#4 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 02:25 AM

Lol, I think it would be another good show for Ghost Adventures :yes:
My Signature
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#5 vave82

The Fairy with an Attitude

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts
  • Interests:Family time, my pets, travelling, outdoors, shopping, pretty things and paranormal - quite a good mix here!

Posted 10 August 2015 - 04:28 AM

Oh wow, quite intense! I vote for the Ghost Adventures episode as well :) I would sit and watch.... From home lol

#6 moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 07:58 AM

I think you're write Jim, this would make a great tv show. Or even movie.

#7 JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,189 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:28 AM

I wrote Adam to see if I will get a response... if he responds, I'll let all of you know... and I'll invite him to join us here with the latest details concerning the box.

View Postmoiraesfate, on 10 August 2015 - 07:58 AM, said:

I think you're write Jim, this would make a great tv show. Or even movie.

I think we are all in agreement that it would be great to involve Ghost Adventures. But a Movie, wow... I think that could be a Block Buster in the Movie Theater's, especially if it's based on a true story! ...Good idea moiraesfate!
Let's hope we here back from Adam

#8 Shawn4233

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigations, Horror Movies, Music, Traveling, Meeting New People, Sports, Friends, Chatting, Video Games, Concerts, Food, TV, New Experiences, Having A Good Time, Laughing, Making Others Laugh, Helping Others.

Posted 10 August 2015 - 04:40 PM

Interesting! Maybe Ghost Adventures should team up with the team from Haunted Collector here. :P

In all seriousness I am more interested in what type of "family history" stuff this is. Passed down from loved ones? Brought over from a war? Things that sailed on the Titanic? Who knows what it could be.
My Signature
Your Leading Gettysburg Paranormal Authority
Twitter: @WinFBLeague

#9 JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,189 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 12:38 AM

View PostShawn4233, on 10 August 2015 - 04:40 PM, said:

Interesting! Maybe Ghost Adventures should team up with the team from Haunted Collector here. :P

In all seriousness I am more interested in what type of "family history" stuff this is. Passed down from loved ones? Brought over from a war? Things that sailed on the Titanic? Who knows what it could be.

That's the first question that came to my mind too!
What is it that's so valuable or so important to a ghost/entity that the family is not allowed to see it!
So I would ask if anyone ever was able to look through it briefly, you would think someone must have.

Oh, and I agree... the two groups should join up on this one!

#10 vave82

The Fairy with an Attitude

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts
  • Interests:Family time, my pets, travelling, outdoors, shopping, pretty things and paranormal - quite a good mix here!

Posted 11 August 2015 - 12:41 AM

Did you end up emailing him back, Jim? :) He may have changed email address between now and then, but hey, you never know!! I am very keen to know if he ever gets back to you!

#11 Captain Kundalini

Haunted Hollywood Guru

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 01:36 AM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 09 August 2015 - 10:58 PM, said:

I found this email tonight in an old Gmail account with over 5000 unread emails!

I received this email in 2009. It's been sitting unopened for almost 6 years. I wish I could have written him back about this at the time.
I am going to see if I can still get through to him... and if I do, what are the questions I should ask him??
-->  Or the counsel I should give him?

Here's the email:
I have a box of family history stuff. Whenever it is messed with, moved, or looked through strange things happen like clock work, everytime. We had things get broken in the house, pictures thrown off the wall, not just cracked but shattered frame and all. Had a coffee table get flipped over violently in front of my whole family. I put everything back in the box and all is quiet.

I moved from my folks house hundreds of miles away, and had a vivid dream that a spirit was very angry with me and that the box was ruined. Then believe it or not, i awoke to a figure that was huddled next to me that quickly moved to the foot of the bed stood and was gone. I called my folks the next day and they had moved it up to the attic just the day previous. I asked them to put the box back and they did, nothing happened since.

-Should we be appeasing this thing? we do it every time. As long as no one touches the box everything is fine. I am worried, every experience is more powerful then the next.  Thanks, Adam

I think this would be a good episode for "Ghost Adventures"... and have them open the box on the show!  :)

(Mock scolding) You should have better sense than to go opening strange boxes.
What would the neighbors say?

#12 CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 04:38 AM

View PostCaptain Kundalini, on 11 August 2015 - 01:36 AM, said:

(Mock scolding) You should have better sense than to go opening strange boxes.
What would the neighbors say?

That's why I said I'd be willing to watch HIM to do it. :innocent0005:
My Signature

#13 JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,189 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 10:27 AM

You better do more than just watch, my friend. ;)

#14 trin

Alien

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,543 posts
  • Interests:photography, art, ghost stories (particularly first hand), history, Asia, origami, fiber arts/crafts. http://www.zibbet.com/trinlayk

Posted 11 August 2015 - 11:52 AM

my first impression is that it's a relative/ancestor who actually NEEDS something...  who get's stirred up when the box is moved or opened.
Maybe it's part of their OWN story that they feel is important and is left out, or something that they don't want known and are afraid someone will find out.

Not sure how to solve that! I'd start by asking direct yes-no questions, and giving some way to indicate one way or the other.  (starting with maybe "can you knock twice for us?" to establish that they CAN communicate.)

(and that's just extrapolation from the trigger, not doing anything psychic or mediumy... )
My Signature

#15 JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,189 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 02:09 AM

Vave... I wrote him the one time but have yet to hear back.

Trin... all good points and suggestions... but I'm going to have to look up the word...'extrapolation'...!  :)

#16 CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 07:43 AM

View Posttrin, on 11 August 2015 - 11:52 AM, said:

my first impression is that it's a relative/ancestor who actually NEEDS something...  who get's stirred up when the box is moved or opened.
Maybe it's part of their OWN story that they feel is important and is left out, or something that they don't want known and are afraid someone will find out.

Not sure how to solve that! I'd start by asking direct yes-no questions, and giving some way to indicate one way or the other.  (starting with maybe "can you knock twice for us?" to establish that they CAN communicate.)

(and that's just extrapolation from the trigger, not doing anything psychic or mediumy... )

and... that is a great extrapolation! IF we were to blindly jump to it being connected to the paranormal. And I'm not saying this to upset anyone. just saying...
My Signature

#17 JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,189 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 08:46 AM

I'm definitely going to have to look up that word. :wacko:

#18 Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,034 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 14 August 2015 - 11:02 AM

an act or instance of inferring an unknown from something that is known.
Statistics, Mathematics. the act or process of estimating the value of a variable or function outside the tabulated or observed range.
My Signature
Posted Image

#19 JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,189 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 06:05 PM

Very cool Vlawde... thank you for looking that up!

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com