• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 HotSpot24

HotSpot24

Apport

• GS Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 08:04 AM

Are spirits powerful enough to cause circuit breakers to trip? I don't have anything on in my room during the day, except for a keyboard that I have preferred setting for. (so I leave it on)
It's been happening for the last two days and multiple times a day, at very random times. I was in the shower once and the circuit tripped for the bathroom.

Edit: I should note that the house is only 2 years old. (built in 2016)

Edited by HotSpot24, 19 April 2018 - 08:08 AM.

#2 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,332 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 19 April 2018 - 08:51 AM

I think they could be powerful enough to, I mean you know, if they can turn the tv on and off, why not a circuit breaker. My advice would be to call an electrician to come check it out, just in case you have bad wiring or something, just incase, because you don't want your house to catch fire.
Posted Image

#3 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 19 April 2018 - 09:27 AM

always best to rule out the basics first...and hire a professional to check out the breaker
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#4 HotSpot24

HotSpot24

Apport

• GS Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 09:45 AM

View PostLouczarGStudy, on 19 April 2018 - 09:27 AM, said:

always best to rule out the basics first...and hire a professional to check out the breaker

I think I've said this before but I STILL live in a VERY CATHOLIC household. So I basically won't know until my parents have some sense to get it checked out.

#5 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,332 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 19 April 2018 - 11:36 AM

View PostHotSpot24, on 19 April 2018 - 09:45 AM, said:

I think I've said this before but I STILL live in a VERY CATHOLIC household. So I basically won't know until my parents have some sense to get it checked out.
Ohhhhhhh Ok. Yeah, living with people who don't believe is a pain in the butt. You can't really investigate stuff without being accused of having an active imagination, or worshipping the devil. (I've been accused of both growing up, so yeah..)
Posted Image

#6 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 03:17 PM

Is it one single circuit breaker for everything? Typically bathroom breakers are separate so unless you have a one flip breaker for everything and that's going off it sounds like it's not a breaker. Also you do know you have to reset a breaker right I am not aware of any fuse systems that auto reset after a specific time or anything.

Before calling an electrician I would get an electrical outlet checker they are generally $5 or less and is something everyone with a computer should have as well as paranormal investigators. These things just plug into 3 prong plugs and tell you if you have a problem based on LEDs that light up.

Bathroom plugs and fuses do tend to be a little twitchy due to moisture and those horrible plugs with the button fuses that make sure you cannot electrocute yourself because they blow every time you put anything more powerful than a nightlight in them :wallbash:

Anyways, if it really is a breaker/fuse issue try feeling up your breaker box ... if anything feels warm then something is using a lot of power and anything else on that circuit can make it blow {an infrared no touch thermometer is really handy for this :yes: }

Also whenever these things happen check around your house for things like people doing laundry, ironing or using hair dryers, even if these things do not blow a fuse if you are further down on the same circuit it is possible you are not having breaker issues at all :no: just insufficient power making your stuff not turn on and you think it's a power out when it's really just low power :yes:

If your home has one of the newer smart meters check your power usage for the times that these things occur and maybe look back a few months. A lot of times weird electrical occurrences are  demonic signs of your fridge or electrical stove/oven/dryer impending doom :yes: Otherwise maybe it's just yer ghost saying Hi pay more attention :whistling:
- siguie -

#7 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,332 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 04:53 PM

View Postsiguie, on 19 April 2018 - 03:17 PM, said:

Is it one single circuit breaker for everything? Typically bathroom breakers are separate so unless you have a one flip breaker for everything and that's going off it sounds like it's not a breaker. Also you do know you have to reset a breaker right I am not aware of any fuse systems that auto reset after a specific time or anything.

Before calling an electrician I would get an electrical outlet checker they are generally $5 or less and is something everyone with a computer should have as well as paranormal investigators. These things just plug into 3 prong plugs and tell you if you have a problem based on LEDs that light up.

Bathroom plugs and fuses do tend to be a little twitchy due to moisture and those horrible plugs with the button fuses that make sure you cannot electrocute yourself because they blow every time you put anything more powerful than a nightlight in them :wallbash:

Anyways, if it really is a breaker/fuse issue try feeling up your breaker box ... if anything feels warm then something is using a lot of power and anything else on that circuit can make it blow {an infrared no touch thermometer is really handy for this :yes: }

Also whenever these things happen check around your house for things like people doing laundry, ironing or using hair dryers, even if these things do not blow a fuse if you are further down on the same circuit it is possible you are not having breaker issues at all :no: just insufficient power making your stuff not turn on and you think it's a power out when it's really just low power :yes:

If your home has one of the newer smart meters check your power usage for the times that these things occur and maybe look back a few months. A lot of times weird electrical occurrences are  demonic signs of your fridge or electrical stove/oven/dryer impending doom :yes: Otherwise maybe it's just yer ghost saying Hi pay more attention :whistling:

The circuit breaker in my house are funky, the bathrooms outlets are on the same circuit as a electrical outlet outside (our lights are on a separate circuit), and when it rains cats and dogs, it gets in the box that covers the outlet outside, and sets the breaker off, and then we have to wait till it stops raining before we turn it back on, or it will just keep shutting off. The landlord doesn't care, and we are not going to pay to replace a cover on a place we do not own.

Also, Hotspot can't do any of those things you suggested, he lives with his parents, so I assume that he is still in school. Very religious parents who don't believe in spirits, and think it's the devil, will give the poor kid hell for doing things they deem weird and devil like behavior.
Posted Image

#8 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,004 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 19 April 2018 - 06:54 PM

You need to have your electrical system checked.

Curious, why do you think spirits may be involved?
Posted Image

#9 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,514 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 08:26 PM

I think it is a logical thing to check your electrical appliances to see if any are faulty and definitely nothing that would suggest to your parents you think something is paranormal.

Usually we unplug the appliances and plug them back in one at a time to see what is causing the trip.

But back to your question, I think a spirit could  trip a circuit.

What has been happening?
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#10 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,884 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 01:00 AM

would love to hear some more info, especially if you've checked out all the  circuits etc and there's no issues there!
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#11 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 03:02 AM

All I suggested was getting a socket checker and feeling if the fuse box is warm :Picture 562: The smart meter info is online and sometimes comes with your electric bill.

Shingle some painters tape over your outside plug :yes: That stuff is like magic it wont stick to anything wet or dirty BUT if you put it on an area dry and give it a day it weathers wind and rain almost as good as duct tape only it comes off real easy if you pull on it ... atleast on warm days :yes:

Yeah yeah I know "call an electrician" ... NOoooo ... do some basic checking first. If you cannot really say what's wrong they are just going to run down the basic check list of checking fuse box for hot spots and switches and sockets for connection issues. If you are not seeing sparks or smoke just do it yourself :yes:

Besides HotSpot is in the US and our power is wimpy compared to the UK {just stay away from the 240 sockets} and those bathroom GFCI sockets make it nearly impossible to do any real damage. Srsly I cannot even count the times I've been zapped and or fried something. Call an electrician when you can identify and or recreate a problem there's a reason they sell testing equipment at hardware stores :th_angel:
- siguie -

#12 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,514 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 03:14 AM

View Postsiguie, on 20 April 2018 - 03:02 AM, said:

All I suggested was getting a socket checker and feeling if the fuse box is warm :Picture 562: The smart meter info is online and sometimes comes with your electric bill.

Shingle some painters tape over your outside plug :yes: That stuff is like magic it wont stick to anything wet or dirty BUT if you put it on an area dry and give it a day it weathers wind and rain almost as good as duct tape only it comes off real easy if you pull on it ... atleast on warm days :yes:

Yeah yeah I know "call an electrician" ... NOoooo ... do some basic checking first. If you cannot really say what's wrong they are just going to run down the basic check list of checking fuse box for hot spots and switches and sockets for connection issues. If you are not seeing sparks or smoke just do it yourself :yes:

Besides HotSpot is in the US and our power is wimpy compared to the UK {just stay away from the 240 sockets} and those bathroom GFCI sockets make it nearly impossible to do any real damage. Srsly I cannot even count the times I've been zapped and or fried something. Call an electrician when you can identify and or recreate a problem there's a reason they sell testing equipment at hardware stores :th_angel:

It's ok Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 20 April 2018 - 04:36 AM

View PostHotSpot24, on 19 April 2018 - 09:45 AM, said:

I couldn't imagine how much harder that would be.
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#14 HotSpot24

HotSpot24

Apport

• GS Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 06:03 AM

View PostVlawde, on 19 April 2018 - 06:54 PM, said:

You need to have your electrical system checked.

Curious, why do you think spirits may be involved?

Because of the house being new, and my dad thought he had it fixed yesterday.
It went out again this morning.

Edited by HotSpot24, 20 April 2018 - 06:04 AM.

#15 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 20 April 2018 - 08:26 PM

Are you familiar with the area in which your house is built? I wonder since it went out again after your father thought he'd fixed it if he'll call someone in to double check it. I will re read your post but just in case - has this been going on long?

#16 HotSpot24

HotSpot24

Apport

• GS Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 05:51 AM

Yeah, my parents are agreeing that it's weird, so the electrician is coming next week.

I'll have another more complete update then.

#17 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,514 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 06:19 AM

Good to hear . Look forward to the update.
Posted Image

#18 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,339 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 24 April 2018 - 07:44 PM

View PostMrsFrootloops, on 19 April 2018 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ohhhhhhh Ok. Yeah, living with people who don't believe is a pain in the butt. You can't really investigate stuff without being accused of having an active imagination, or worshipping the devil. (I've been accused of both growing up, so yeah..)

Yeah, my Sister doesn't believe, but my Mother and I do. Weird things have happened to Mom and I, but apparently not to my Sister.
You're lucky to only be called a Devil worshiper, I've been called, "The Spawn of Satan" on more than one occasion. :yes:

Edited by MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, 24 April 2018 - 07:46 PM.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#19 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,884 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 12:15 AM

good idea with the electrician, I look forward to your update!
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#20 HotSpot24

HotSpot24

Apport

• GS Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 06:44 AM

The electrician switched the circuits from the spare bedroom to my bedroom. Still happens now to the spare room. I do believe that it is the breaker (as it's the same circuit). So, false alarm this time. Sorry for wasting all of your time. ;)

Although my laser barrier (that I had mentioned a long time ago) still goes off for nothing sometimes. (It's there to prevent the cat from going upstairs) I should note that this happens when I'm 99% sure I stepped over it, or when I'm playing video games. I can try uploading a couple of pictures of the area in my house where this is in a separate post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users