Free Skins
© Fisana

This Is Off Of Ebaums World (pretty Scary Stuff)

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#21 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,050 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 07 October 2005 - 12:31 PM

Who made the video? What's the story? How did Ebaum get it? Why did the little girl scare the guy so much?

Posted Image

#22 ZNTrooper

ZNTrooper

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 228 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 12:41 PM

He wanted to show off his night vision.
Lucky guy...
Just do not film creepy women in the cemetary at night, the big scardy cat...wink.gif

#23 spectre

spectre

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 01:15 PM

I sent an e-mail to EbaumsWorld to get more info on the video.
P.I.B.A Paranormal Investigations Bay Area

Join P.I.B.A (Paranormal Investigations Bay Area)

#24 Guest_Jennifer_8_*

Guest_Jennifer_8_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2005 - 01:22 PM

meh, didn't frighten me, it's definately fabricated.

#25 Lady Akasha

Lady Akasha

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Interests:anything paranormal and mythical and my children. I would have no life if i didnt have them.

Posted 07 October 2005 - 02:09 PM

QUOTE(JeepersCreepersGStudy @ Oct 7 2005, 12:10 PM)
ohmy.gif Good GOD...that made my stomach drop. That is creepy as hell. They seemed genuinely frightenend. I dunno if its real or not but it sure felt like it was! blink.gif

View Post

same here jeep it scared the stuff out of me. It did look like a real girl but she could have snuck out to morn the loss of a loved one and didnt expect to see anyone there but the only thing that makes me question that was he was talking or should i say calling out and it took her a couple times to finally look over and at that point i have to officialy go change my underwear.
IPB Image
Trouble Maker #7

"Yeah, obviously we use vampires as a metaphor for something else, something deeper than just the supernatural. But there's just something about the bloodsucking walking dead, that can say so much to people. There are really so many people trying to get control over you on a daily basis and steal your soul in some way, take a part of you..." Gerard Way. MCR

Beware the soul catcher
Who comes in a flash of light.
Trust not a word.
Meet not his eye.
Lest he catch your soul,
Trapping it for all eternity
In his little black box.

--Anonymous

#26 JennLynn

JennLynn

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 216 posts
  • Interests:Anything that makes you go "hmmmmmm?????"

Posted 07 October 2005 - 03:46 PM

Yikes! That was a great scare.  I had the same stomach drop feeling.  It was kinda like the scene in Signs when the home movie footage is going at the Hispanic children's party and the alien walks by.  Same scream!!!

#27 jane-grey

jane-grey

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 04:09 PM

Certainly unnerving, but I think she was wearing glasses and his flashlight or nightvision equipment made the lenses glare.  If you catch somebody's glasses at the wrong angle with a light, they will do something very similar (why I never wear mine for photographs).

#28 Shawna

Shawna

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, anime, biology, reading, fantasy, internet, roleplaying, ghosts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 05:00 PM

Can someone screencap the girl please? I'm awful at catching these things, and I don't know how to adjust my computer's brightness. blush.gif

#29 Guest_Dark Angel_*

Guest_Dark Angel_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2005 - 05:58 PM

The music sound effect as she turns her head makes me think that this isn't the real deal.  If it's not, I'd agree with the "girl with glasses" theory.  
Creepy effect, though.  smile.gif

#30 astrodaddy

astrodaddy

Cam Daddy

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy classic rock, all horror movies and of course, conducting paranormal research! Im a down to earth kind of guy who works hard but plays hard too! Im happily married to the most amazing woman I have ever met and have an 8 year old daughter whom I cherish more than life itself.

Posted 07 October 2005 - 06:03 PM

Ive watched this a few dozen times and I think the "girl" is a fleshie.

My grand-daughter would absolutely love to do something like this,

with pa-paws supervision that is!

I say fabrication.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First GS Member to hold an
Willard Library!!!
How I became a CAM-DADDY!!!
"If you can read this, thank a teacher and, since it's in English, thank a soldier"

#31 kopwolf

kopwolf

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Interests:liverpool football club,, pool, darts, oh and im a proffesional hater of man utd fc

Posted 07 October 2005 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE(sylphan30 @ Oct 7 2005, 06:44 PM)
I wish people wouldn't add background music/effects because then I don't know if I'm looking at a "real" video or a movie clip. I almost expect the credits to roll at the end.

Freaky clip, nevertheless.

View Post

exactly what i was going to say,, looks like the same guy who did the rubber boy video, the one with the thing with the big head in the wheelchair same camera work and density in the film....

100% fabricated IMO

Edited by kopwolf, 07 October 2005 - 06:29 PM.

#32 sirkgnik

sirkgnik

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 07:42 PM

Is it just me, or does anyone else hear the scream at the end - sounds female - do not think it was him.  Anyhow not sure what to think of this.  He did sound really scared.
Kris

#33 JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Lil' D's Gramma

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,277 posts
  • Location:Over the Hill and Through the Woods...Really just Over the Hill
  • Interests:My grandson!!

Posted 07 October 2005 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE(sirkgnik @ Oct 7 2005, 07:42 PM)
Is it just me, or does anyone else hear the scream at the end - sounds female - do not think it was him.  Anyhow not sure what to think of this.  He did sound really scared.

View Post

Yup, I heard it too. I still find it creepy!! Teeheee!  laugh.gif  mellow.gif  ermm.gif

#34 theghostlyguitarplayer

theghostlyguitarplayer

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 10:45 PM

The bug in the left-hand corner seems to indicate (to me, anyway) that this clip was taped off of television.  I think somebody probably submitted it, and it's somebody's genuine run-in with something (face it, that guy filming is absolutely terrified!).  I've seen a ton of TV-shows that specialize in the supernatural, and will get you to jump (or basically just kick up the impact of the sudden appearance of the paranormal in the video) by adding certain sound effects at just the right time.  I don't think that whoever created the video put those effects in...I think an outside production company did.  

I don't claim to be saying that the figure in the video is actually something supernatural because it could very well be somebody with glasses who just happened to be in the cemetery at the time.  (However...the idea of a little girl in a cemetery alone after dark is rather...absurd.  If it's a person, it's someone older; a young woman.  She's much too big to be a little girl).  However, I think that if it was taped off TV...then the stuff pointing against it could be the fault of the production company rather than the actual videomakers themselves.

As for the rubber boy video...I see no similarities, other than it being filmed in nightvision and tending to jump around shotwise.  It's much less sporadic than this, and much more professional, with an intent.  This doesn't show so much intent...and it most certainly isn't a short film featuring a guy with a lot of makeup dancing to Aphex Twin...

Just my two cents...

-Adam-

#35 hurst is haunted

hurst is haunted

Apport

• GS Member
  • 61 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 11:54 PM

i didn't understand why half of you thought it was a little girl with glasses.. to me.. (and i have great vision and it plays brightly on my computer) i see no rims or anything that woudl specify that she is wearing glasses.. i also see that there is some facial decay and white hair.. which makes me think it was a mask.. but her eyes didn't glow quite like normal.. they glowed brightly like a dog's or an animal's eyes would glow..

as for teh rubber johnny simalarity theory.. chris cunningham teh director of that short film.. is british.. i doubt he speaks spanish.. and he does not look like that guy..

#36 theghostlyguitarplayer

theghostlyguitarplayer

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 12:27 AM

My brother actually lightened the video up...and I agree, I don't see anything resembling glasses on the face, though I would have to also throw in the suggestion that perhaps the eyes are just naturally throwing back that light?  But I also didn't see any decay on the girl's face at all.  I think, possibly, what you're seeing is the hair off her face, which is scraggly.  Or shadows.  But I don't see anything that would suggest decay.

-Adam-

#37 Raccoonwitch

Raccoonwitch

EVP

• GS Member
  • 76 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 02:45 AM

Wow... that's so neat! I think it's... I dunno, pretty, in some wierd way. ^^

I don't think it's fabricated.

Edited by Raccoonwitch, 08 October 2005 - 02:46 AM.

#38 Fairy

Fairy

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 05:16 AM

AMIGA AMGIA!!!

yeah thats freaky that deffinatly woke me up lol

#39 tuelpchen

tuelpchen

Apport

• GS Member
  • 62 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 05:37 AM

Pretty creepy indeed!

When this guy films that spot for the first time it's completely (well, naturally) dark and you don't see anything out of the ordinary. I suppose there were several people or at least two more, maybe also with cameras, spread in this cemetary (since he calls out for his buddies later on). They were either checking out their new men's toys (lol) or really trying to catch something supernatural.
Now after he turns the camera away from that spot and speaks his comments into the camera you can hear a sound (to me it sounds like a crow's yell) and that's when he says (I suppose):"What was that???". So he turns and films that spot once again and then you can see this figure in a white gown or long dress knealing or sitting in front of that grave. When she finally turns around - after he said something a few times  - it doesn't look like she got distracted (like you would be if you concentrate on something) but rather as if she was bothered or something. Kind of angry. And the glowing of her eyes is too intense and too big for me to be natural, even in night vision. It reminds me of a witch or ghost from some movie - you know, when they finally spot the victim and come running after it. And then you hear this louder and longer scream, almost like a hunt scream (if that is a word *lol*).
I'm not saying this is definitely real or definitely fabricated, but it sure is creepy and I'm sure I share this opinion with the guy that shot that footage.

It's better to be hated for what you are - then to be loved for what you are not.

#40 I AM Legend

I AM Legend

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 182 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 06:08 AM

Man that was one sweet clip. Very creepy. But with the sound effects and all it seems too good to be true. Conclusion: Very well made movie project biggrin.gif
Posted Image