88 replies to this topic

#1 midwestparanormal

midwestparanormal

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:Anything paranormal

Posted 05 May 2009 - 03:49 PM

I received this photo from a friend who had stayed at the Crescent Hotel for a business retreat, The group that he was there with was all male, and arrived too late to be part of the scheduled ghost tour of the hotel, but the group was able to convince the tour guide to give them a private tour later that evening. While they were gathered in the basement my friend took a picture of the people in the group, and continued with the tour. When he got back to his room that evening he was looking at his pictures, and noticed the head of a woman that was not seen at the time of the photo. The next morning he asked the men closest to the head to see if he may have just missed her somehow. Nobody in the group saw a woman at the time, and the front desk confirmed that it was not a hotel worker. No editing of the photo has been done, and it was downloaded from his phone to my computer. The pic was too large to upload in this post without making it too smal to view. We have it posted in full size on our website :

http://www.midwestparanormal.net/page3.html

Scroll to the bottom picture, and let me know what you think of it.
When I die, I want to die in my sleep just like my Grandpa did. Not like the other people in the car.

#2 Roxstar

Roxstar

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  • Interests:The paranormal, ghost and after life research, family, music, science, video games. I am mostly into EVP but also love to use spirit boxes and other forms of communication. It's a true passion of mine, more than a hobby.

Posted 05 May 2009 - 04:10 PM

She sure does have all the characteristics of being human, light reflects off of her hair and face, and shadows cast on the other side of her face appropriately. It seems to me this was someone in the room for sure. Maybe they didn't see her? That is certainly a question always asked, but it would be hard for no one to have spotted her......

"What Scares You, Masters You."

-UNKNOWN-

#3 midwestparanormal

midwestparanormal

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 45 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 04:19 PM

QUOTE(Roxstar @ May 5 2009, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
She sure does have all the characteristics of being human, light reflects off of her hair and face, and shadows cast on the other side of her face appropriately. It seems to me this was someone in the room for sure. Maybe they didn't see her? That is certainly a question always asked, but it would be hard for no one to have spotted her......

I thought the same things when I first saw the picture, but when you zoom in on her face it the reflection I think you are talking about is the arm of the man in the white shirt behind her. If you look close at her neck, and the darker side of her face you can see details on the wall behind her, and the elbow of the man in white shirt also through her neck.
When I die, I want to die in my sleep just like my Grandpa did. Not like the other people in the car.

#4 Sly-Spectre

Sly-Spectre

Larry

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
  • Interests:Surfing, Drinking, Eating, Sleeping, Partying, Pool(Billiards to you Englishmen) and...Ghosts and Cryptozoology.<br /><br />I'm on Facebook look for Gerry Nix

Posted 05 May 2009 - 04:36 PM

It looks like an actual person. If nobody noticed her then what is the man up against the wall on the right staring at? He's looking in her general direction. The one in the blue coat with grey lining is the one I'm talking about. I'm assuming the man with the white hair on the far right is speaking so why is he staring in that direction? The guy in the red seems to be staring in her direction as well.
"Something weird is going on Jess." Simon whispered as they waited to be served. "I overheard Sara and Hector say something about 'getting back at you' in the library this morning."
Jessie thought for a moment, his face expressionless as usual.
"That's just crazy." he said. "I didn't think you even knew where the library was."

-Excerpt from my short story "Stabbed in the Front."

#5 midwestparanormal

midwestparanormal

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 45 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 04:42 PM

QUOTE(Sly-Spectre @ May 5 2009, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It looks like an actual person. If nobody noticed her then what is the man up against the wall on the right staring at? He's looking in her general direction. The one in the blue coat with grey lining is the one I'm talking about. I'm assuming the man with the white hair on the far right is speaking so why is he staring in that direction? The guy in the red seems to be staring in her direction as well.

I do not know what he is looking at, but does not seem to be looking at the woman's face. He could be looking at just about anything in that general direction (noice the two men next to him looking around), who knows for sure but them. If it were an actual person what would cause her head to be transparent?

#6 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  • Interests:Interested in the paranormal, and I am proud I just published my first book regarding my haunting.

Posted 05 May 2009 - 05:41 PM

Interesting photo. I agree, the man is not looking at her but someone else in the room. She is very short, and is missing some of her hair, and a part of her is transparent. She seems to be staring at the man with his back toward the camera. She doesnt look happy, but then again none of them do LOL..She does blend into the man with the white shirt, but her chin looks messed up. She does look human, but a little strange as opposed to the others, like she doesnt belong there. I honestly dont know, but I will have another friend check it out for the heck of it. I changed it to B&W but I still cant tell, but her neck IS transparent and to be honest, Im not sure its a female. Guess it depends on the credibility of the people that sent to you. Thanks for sharing..

YOU CANT SCARE ME, I HAVE KIDS

#7 Snowlord

Snowlord

Ghoststudy's Official Photo Expert

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts
  • Interests:Photography ... Chess ... Nature ... Astronomy ... Kicking Butt...stuff like that.

Posted 05 May 2009 - 07:32 PM

I can't see enough detail in this picture to be sure that the "girl" is really transparent, or if it is some other kind of poor resolution effect. It looks like a real person there to me. If it turns out that there is actually some transparency to this figure, that does not have to mean it is paranormal. This can happen with movement in a low light picture.

#8 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  • Interests:Interested in the paranormal, and I am proud I just published my first book regarding my haunting.

Posted 05 May 2009 - 07:54 PM

QUOTE(Snowlord @ May 5 2009, 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't see enough detail in this picture to be sure that the "girl" is really transparent, or if it is some other kind of poor resolution effect. It looks like a real person there to me. If it turns out that there is actually some transparency to this figure, that does not have to mean it is paranormal. This can happen with movement in a low light picture.

What if you save it, enlarge and enhance it, then you can see her neck is transparent? Thats what I did. Its strange but I dunno either...

#9 Snowlord

Snowlord

Ghoststudy's Official Photo Expert

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts
  • Interests:Photography ... Chess ... Nature ... Astronomy ... Kicking Butt...stuff like that.

Posted 05 May 2009 - 08:38 PM

I tried that, but I'm just saving and enhancing a low resolution picture ... so you end up enhancing something that was poor quality to begin with. I find it difficult to be sure what I'm looking at under those conditions. When I tried it her neck didn't look at all transparent to me.

#10 midwestparanormal

midwestparanormal

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 45 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 09:52 PM

I'll try to crop that section on the original photo to see if I can get that section to show better.

#11 Vivace Twain

Vivace Twain

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 10:23 PM

It would be absolutely lovely if this photo were in higher quality.
Not that you need some fancy camera to get a clear shot, just...tell whoever saved the file not to save it as a .gif. Try .png next time; the quality is just about perfect.

Anyway, here's what I have to say :

Because the image quality was so low, (camera phone? maybe?) when that one strong light source is added it's going to eliminate a lot of detail. That can definitely add to...ghostliness.
I'm actually more perplexed at that shadowy glob. It's kind of off looking to me, but I'm sure it's no big deal.

WHAT BEGINS AS AN
UNGUARDED TRAIN OF THOUGHT
SLOWLY CAN BE COME AN ADDICTION
TO THE SLUMBER OF DISCONNECTION

#12 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 11:03 PM

Thanks Vivace, but IMO that is not his arm. It appears he has his coat hanging on his left shoulder and his right arm down by his side. Never saw an arm have a face before. JMO.. Picture 562.gif

#13 Vivace Twain

Vivace Twain

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 11:22 PM

I outlined the 'face' and then I outlined the 'arm', I know they're separate, I just wanted to include the caption for clarity.
& your comment kind of makes me want to see a mutant teratoma emerging from somebody's arm. (: Then I could say that I've seen an arm with a face!

WHAT BEGINS AS AN
UNGUARDED TRAIN OF THOUGHT
SLOWLY CAN BE COME AN ADDICTION
TO THE SLUMBER OF DISCONNECTION

#14 Clarina1980

Clarina1980

Vortex

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,721 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 12:09 AM

I think it all comes down to the credibility of your friend, the picture itself looks like a normal (if grumpy) fleshy to me. She looks kind of washed out because the light source is hitting her.
The ecto picture above looks like a bad photoshop imo as well...
"True Love Is Like Ghosts, Which Everyone Talks About But Few Have Seen"

#15 midwestparanormal

midwestparanormal

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 08:43 AM

Here is the best I could do off of the original photo that I have. I saved the files as .PNG this time so I hope that helps some.

Attached File  cresent_photo_crop.png   128.61K   127 downloads

Attached File  cresent_photo_crop_outline.png   129.51K   96 downloads

#16 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:11 AM

I believe the fact she looks human throws people off. Does she look out of place? YES. Is she too short, YES. Is part of her transparent, YES? IMO its worth discussing, but her eyes look human, but then again I honestly dont know. Ive messed with the photo numerous times and cannot come up with anything. How many men were on that tour?

#17 JacobRudduck

JacobRudduck

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:39 AM

Forgive me, but can't ghosts sometimes show up on camera without looking transparent?

Just because something isn't transparent, doesn't mean it can't be paranormal.

Of course, as was said, it all comes down to the credibility of the person who sent it to you.

Viddy well, little brother. Viddy well.

#18 midwestparanormal

midwestparanormal

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:47 AM

QUOTE(BlueAngel @ May 6 2009, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I believe the fact she looks human throws people off. Does she look out of place? YES. Is she too short, YES. Is part of her transparent, YES? IMO its worth discussing, but her eyes look human, but then again I honestly dont know. Ive messed with the photo numerous times and cannot come up with anything. How many men were on that tour?

There were 10 men on the tour, and the photo taker was second to last in the group to enter that room, and had one person behind him at the time of the photo. I agree with all that you said, and when I first viewed it I also thought it was too real to be true. After looking closer at the photo I noticed that man's arm, and the wall behind them are visable through her head/neck. I went through the normal thoughts of motion, and so on, but don't feel those were causes for this photo.

#19 midwestparanormal

midwestparanormal

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 10:09 AM

QUOTE(Staropeace @ May 6 2009, 01:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is very interesting. They are absolutely sure there was nobody there but them?

He did not see the woman at the time of the photo, and he also is in the doorway that leads out of the room so if there was she would have to pass him at some point. He also asked the others in the group if they had seen a woman, as well as the front desk to see if it was a hotel worker, but none had ever seen her before, or at the time of the tour.

#20 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 11:02 AM

QUOTE(midwestparanormal @ May 6 2009, 09:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There were 10 men on the tour, and the photo taker was second to last in the group to enter that room, and had one person behind him at the time of the photo. I agree with all that you said, and when I first viewed it I also thought it was too real to be true. After looking closer at the photo I noticed that man's arm, and the wall behind them are visable through her head/neck. I went through the normal thoughts of motion, and so on, but don't feel those were causes for this photo.

Very interesting, and lets face it, how do we know what a "ghost" should look like? Are they orbs, whispy figures, ecto, black, white? Whoever she is, she is intently looking at that one man, who may or may not have been talking. I am wondering something that may sound "out there"..Does the man beside her in the white shirt, recognize her?