#21 lissybird

lissybird

Wraith

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 11:10 AM

Interesting picture. smile.gif

Question (and I apologize if someone else asked it, I am having a brain dead moment): Did any of these gentlemen recognize the woman in the picture?

Perhaps a loved one passed over, following someone near and dear to them in life and death?

This is a fascinating image that requires further study from humble me. Thank you for sharing!  innocent0005.gif
Since Summer 2005, haunting GS/PS
Prissy Lissy!
Formerly eaj (elizabeth anne jane) and tara juliet
Pooky Fan!

#22 JacobRudduck

JacobRudduck

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 11:28 AM

I detest being ignored...

Viddy well, little brother. Viddy well.

#23 bickolette

bickolette

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 11:53 AM

QUOTE(JacobRudduck @ May 6 2009, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you can probably get some tablets for that then!! Sorry but your post didnt pose a question that needed answering so thats probably why  confused.gif

Thank you for posting this pic. I agree with what most people are saying she does look out of place, short and the fact that she seems to be staring past the camera is a bit freaky. Anyway if the takers of this photo are genuine then I guess they've captured something, guess the only people who will ever really know are the people who were there at the time

Edited by bickolette, 06 May 2009 - 11:53 AM.

Posted Image

#24 lissybird

lissybird

Wraith

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 11:58 AM

QUOTE(JacobRudduck @ May 6 2009, 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Forgive me, but can't ghosts sometimes show up on camera without looking transparent?

Just because something isn't transparent, doesn't mean it can't be paranormal.

Of course, as was said, it all comes down to the credibility of the person who sent it to you.

You have some good viewpoints and feedback. smile.gif

I wonder and question the same thing myself, regarding the solid and material and the see-through and transparent.

Good discussion comments and questions, Jacob.  good.gif

Edit: Everyone on this thread has provided good mental and brain food - I am happy to be part of the GhostStudy family and friends.

Edited by elizabeth anne jane, 06 May 2009 - 11:59 AM.

Since Summer 2005, haunting GS/PS
Prissy Lissy!
Formerly eaj (elizabeth anne jane) and tara juliet
Pooky Fan!

#25 JacobRudduck

JacobRudduck

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 12:13 PM

QUOTE(bickolette @ May 6 2009, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you can probably get some tablets for that then!! Sorry but your post didnt pose a question that needed answering so thats probably why  confused.gif

Thank you for posting this pic. I agree with what most people are saying she does look out of place, short and the fact that she seems to be staring past the camera is a bit freaky. Anyway if the takers of this photo are genuine then I guess they've captured something, guess the only people who will ever really know are the people who were there at the time

Sorry for that little outburst, I didn't mean to come off sounding so childish. It's just that I thought I brought up a valid point and nobody was paying any notice.

#26 JacobRudduck

JacobRudduck

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 12:18 PM

QUOTE(elizabeth anne jane @ May 6 2009, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You have some good viewpoints and feedback. smile.gif

I wonder and question the same thing myself, regarding the solid and material and the see-through and transparent.

Good discussion comments and questions, Jacob.  good.gif

Edit: Everyone on this thread has provided good mental and brain food - I am happy to be part of the GhostStudy family and friends.

Thanks, heh. It just that looking around, I see so many posts on this board discussing the same issue. The general view seems to be that if you can't see through it, it can't be a ghost.

Strikes me as a little narrow-minded, as there have been many accounts of people seeing or taking pictures of spirits that have shown themselves in a solid form, such as ourselves.

Maybe these spirits are perhaps stronger than the "transparent" ones, and have enough energy to show themselves in a more solid form?

#27 Snowlord

Snowlord

Ghoststudy's Official Photo Expert

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts
  • Interests:Photography ... Chess ... Nature ... Astronomy ... Kicking Butt...stuff like that.

Posted 06 May 2009 - 01:08 PM

QUOTE(midwestparanormal @ May 6 2009, 01:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here is the best I could do off of the original photo that I have. I saved the files as .PNG this time so I hope that helps some.

The "arm" you have outlined here is in the wrong proportions to be the arm of the person behind the face. It would be much too short unless he had a deformity. I'm sure it is just the side of her neck with a shadow behind it.

#28 midwestparanormal

midwestparanormal

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:Anything paranormal

Posted 06 May 2009 - 02:03 PM

QUOTE(JacobRudduck @ May 6 2009, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry didn't reply right away! I agree with the point you made that not all spirits have to be transparent. I remember a photo in a toy store that had a man leaning against a shelf who appears to be solid.
Attached File  toysrus.jpg   15.02K   54 downloads

Here is the site I found it, and the story at:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Shadowlands/5318/toysrus.htm

I would imagine there are many out there that would not consider this evidence, but if it is a true paranormal photo he does not appear transparent either.
When I die, I want to die in my sleep just like my Grandpa did. Not like the other people in the car.

#29 midwestparanormal

midwestparanormal

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 02:11 PM

QUOTE(Snowlord @ May 6 2009, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The "arm" you have outlined here is in the wrong proportions to be the arm of the person behind the face. It would be much too short unless he had a deformity. I'm sure it is just the side of her neck with a shadow behind it.

I would have to disagree that the arm is out of proportions, at least I don't see it that way. The man in the white shirt had/has no deformaties, not in a cast, or sling. Most of the lower half of his arm is blocked by one of the men nearest to the camera. If you look at the cropped photo without the outline you can see the outside edge of the man's arm/shirt just at her right nostral, and can see his elbow just to the left (our left not hers) of her chin.
When I die, I want to die in my sleep just like my Grandpa did. Not like the other people in the car.

#30 midwestparanormal

midwestparanormal

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 02:21 PM

QUOTE(elizabeth anne jane @ May 6 2009, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Interesting picture. smile.gif

Question (and I apologize if someone else asked it, I am having a brain dead moment): Did any of these gentlemen recognize the woman in the picture?

Perhaps a loved one passed over, following someone near and dear to them in life and death?

This is a fascinating image that requires further study from humble me. Thank you for sharing!  innocent0005.gif

Nobody that was in the group recognized her from anyone they know, or had known. Even the front desk confirmed that she is not employed there.

#31 Snowlord

Snowlord

Ghoststudy's Official Photo Expert

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts
  • Interests:Photography ... Chess ... Nature ... Astronomy ... Kicking Butt...stuff like that.

Posted 06 May 2009 - 03:31 PM

QUOTE(midwestparanormal @ May 6 2009, 07:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
... I would have to disagree that the arm is out of proportions, at least I don't see it that way ...

When I take the same pose in a mirror my own elbow is past the halfway mark to my waistline, and the man in the picture appears to have his waistline near the bottom of the picture. It just looks too short to me.

Also the line that you consider to be the back edge of his arm appears to be too straight to be the back of someone's arm, in a shirt, in my opinion. This looks like a girl, with a neck, and the tops of her shoulders showing. The line down her face and neck seems to be just some kind of fault in the picture to me. Anyway, that's how I see it.

#32 midwestparanormal

midwestparanormal

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 04:50 PM

QUOTE(Snowlord @ May 6 2009, 06:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When I take the same pose in a mirror my own elbow is past the halfway mark to my waistline, and the man in the picture appears to have his waistline near the bottom of the picture. It just looks too short to me.

Also the line that you consider to be the back edge of his arm appears to be too straight to be the back of someone's arm, in a shirt, in my opinion. This looks like a girl, with a neck, and the tops of her shoulders showing. The line down her face and neck seems to be just some kind of fault in the picture to me. Anyway, that's how I see it.

I think he has his arm bent some, not fully down at his side, and I think the part you are calling her shoulder would be his forearm, and shirt.

#33 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,050 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 06 May 2009 - 05:59 PM

i'm not seeing any transparency
Posted Image

#34 Roxstar

Roxstar

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  • Interests:The paranormal, ghost and after life research, family, music, science, video games. I am mostly into EVP but also love to use spirit boxes and other forms of communication. It's a true passion of mine, more than a hobby.

Posted 07 May 2009 - 07:26 AM

QUOTE(Snowlord @ May 6 2009, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree. The proportions aren't right and I actually see no transparency, I see a woman standing in the picture, and granted she seems out of place, but that may be just because she is the only one looking at the camera.
QUOTE(JacobRudduck @ May 6 2009, 12:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lol! Seriously? I have never seen anyone post something like that.....

Edited by Roxstar, 07 May 2009 - 07:34 AM.

"What Scares You, Masters You."

-UNKNOWN-

#35 bickolette

bickolette

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 08:46 AM

QUOTE(JacobRudduck @ May 6 2009, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry for that little outburst, I didn't mean to come off sounding so childish. It's just that I thought I brought up a valid point and nobody was paying any notice.
innocent0005.gif no prob
QUOTE(Vlawde @ May 7 2009, 02:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i'm not seeing any transparency
Im struggling to see any transparency to - glad Im not on my own.
Posted Image

#36 mainemom207

mainemom207

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts
  • Interests:History of places, haunted or not..
    Love cooking and making new things and new recipes are always fun! And well.. Love Cemeteries and Folklore and Love to hear of the History of the United States as well as Abroad.. which has a vast history all by itself!

Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:11 AM

Interesting photo indeed...And then something behind the guy in the white shirt that cloak looks eerie indeed as well LOL I looked at that and then saw the post it is just a coat hanging there...i am like wow it looks like something or someone else was standing behind him lol So all in all it does look human but if she was not there when it was taken odd indeed! Thanks for sharing all the same.. I am not a professional though when it comes to these pictures at all.. i leave that to the rest of the group :)oh and I cannot see any transparency either.. i looked but no luck.. to me it looks like she is part of the group as well..
Interested in spirits and the history of places..
Peace and Blessings, Lynne'

Posted Image

#37 JacobRudduck

JacobRudduck

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:18 AM

QUOTE(Roxstar @ May 7 2009, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Seriously? I have never seen anyone post something like that.....

Sorry, I'm an ex-Totse poster, so I might be a bit more blunt than others round here. wink.gif

#38 Roxstar

Roxstar

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  • Interests:The paranormal, ghost and after life research, family, music, science, video games. I am mostly into EVP but also love to use spirit boxes and other forms of communication. It's a true passion of mine, more than a hobby.

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:42 AM

QUOTE(JacobRudduck @ May 7 2009, 11:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry, I'm an ex-Totse poster, so I might be a bit more blunt than others round here. wink.gif

Sometimes it just takes time and the right person to be interested in what one of us says... valid point or not. Sure, saying what you said got attention, but probably not in the most welcome way, you get my drift? We are VERY easy to get along with here in the GS family, and you certainly are welcome here just the same as anyone else..... What's Totse btw? Never heard of it.....

"What Scares You, Masters You."

-UNKNOWN-

#39 JacobRudduck

JacobRudduck

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 11:58 AM

QUOTE(Roxstar @ May 7 2009, 07:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sometimes it just takes time and the right person to be interested in what one of us says... valid point or not. Sure, saying what you said got attention, but probably not in the most welcome way, you get my drift? We are VERY easy to get along with here in the GS family, and you certainly are welcome here just the same as anyone else..... What's Totse btw? Never heard of it.....

Yeah I hear ya'. It's just I thought nobody was paying attention because I'm new here.

Totse is an ex-message board that discussed...erm, "alternative" issues. Google it if you like.

#40 hatsheput63

hatsheput63

Daemon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Interests:egypt..crafts..reading...history..drawing..my family...antiques..ghosts...evps...

Posted 07 May 2009 - 12:09 PM

would it be possible to get other pics from the same investigation to compare the people?
What is this ghost shadow that brushes my shoulder?
The night wind whispers and I must follow. Long is the shadow cast by the black wings of fear.

Posted Image