Free Skins
© Fisana

Need Feedback On This Picture I Think It's A Ghost!

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#41 lovinlizzy25

lovinlizzy25

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:48 AM

Posted Image

Sorry , but this is just what I see!

#42 Snowlord

Snowlord

Ghoststudy's Official Photo Expert

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts
  • Interests:Photography ... Chess ... Nature ... Astronomy ... Kicking Butt...stuff like that.

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:41 AM

Well ... all I can say is if you think this is a clear face with no distortion, and you don't think the face in my snow picture is clear ( there is a whole head there laying on it's side, and no distortion at all ) then you must be going on pure belief, because I see nothing in your image that looks facial or even like a reasonable figure at all. It has the same shape and dimensions as the window frame around it, and is likely some kind of distortion or blur of that. That is the likely physical reality anyway.

( Apologies if any of this sounds rude in any way. )

Edited by Snowlord, 18 July 2013 - 08:42 AM.

#43 lovinlizzy25

lovinlizzy25

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:10 AM

So the window is to blame? What made the faces in you're pictures, did you said it was snow pictures?

#44 Judecat

Judecat

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:43 PM

I see no face,  all I see is the faint shadow (reflection) of the window frame.  I see a thick up and down right next to the thick window frame,  and two thin cross shadows corresponding to the two thin cross pieces.
The reason it's all right there in the middle is because that's where the window frame is.

#45 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,050 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:03 PM

What Judecat said. I mentioned it earlier as well, its the lightning and the angle reflecting on part of the frame
Posted Image

#46 lovinlizzy25

lovinlizzy25

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:32 PM

Guess I'm the crazy one then!

#47 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,050 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:00 PM

You are not alone! ;) we all crazy here!
Posted Image

#48 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,464 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:52 PM

View PostVlawde, on 18 July 2013 - 05:00 PM, said:

You are not alone! ;) we all crazy here!

I love being around all you crazies...  It makes me accept my craziness even more ;)

And as for the pic, I really do not see an eye, a nose, or a mouth.  It is much too distorted to be anything.
Posted Image

#49 lovinlizzy25

lovinlizzy25

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:45 AM

That actually makes me feel good.

#50 Sinohmi

Sinohmi

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 213 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:26 AM

I alway appreciate the feedback because it helps me to identify cause and effect under certain circumstances in hopes to eliminate natural causes when attempting to image anomalous phenomena.

#51 Snowlord

Snowlord

Ghoststudy's Official Photo Expert

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts
  • Interests:Photography ... Chess ... Nature ... Astronomy ... Kicking Butt...stuff like that.

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:39 AM

View Postlovinlizzy25, on 18 July 2013 - 02:32 PM, said:

Guess I'm the crazy one then!

No ... definitely not crazy at all. This is one of the most common illusions that affects us all. It's just that the huge increase in photography with modern compact and phone cameras are the cause of this new wave of "illusions" that are confusing our minds. Modern low resolution digital sensors are subject to what is commonly called matrixing, or pixellation when images are taken in low or poor lighting.

Very normal, and so are you.  :)

#52 lovinlizzy25

lovinlizzy25

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:52 AM

Well I love taking photos but I will never again take one at night cause that freaked me out just thinking there was something there.

#53 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:35 PM

Sometimes, when people post photographs, and they get comments that reveal possible normal explanations for them, it seems like they are being critical - overly so.  But in this forum, I have seen that this is not the case.

I think it can be reassuring to hear that something you captured has a mundane explanation.  No?

I understand why you thought what you thought, but I must agree with the consensus that this artifact has a non-paranormal explanation.  I don't see a face, myself.  I do see what appears to be a reflection off the window glass.

I do not claim to be an expert, but I taught photography for 20+ years, and have worked a lot with images, both in the darkroom and digital.  I am a firm believer in the paranormal, but have yet to find convincing photographic evidence taken with a digital still camera, especially a lower resolution one.  

You're not crazy.  You're arriving at conclusions lots of people arrive at.  But, it is good to know what kinds of images are explainable and what types of artifacts are frequently mistaken for "ghosts."

#54 lovinlizzy25

lovinlizzy25

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:52 AM

Yes it is thank for all of you're help.

#55 SpukiKitty

SpukiKitty

Residual Haunting

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:21 AM

View Postlovinlizzy25, on 20 July 2013 - 02:52 AM, said:

Yes it is thank for all of you're help.

Welcome to the board, lovinlizzy25! I'm SpukiKitty. Most of us are spiritual people who are open to the idea of a spiritual reality/ghosts/afterlife and we tend to apply a reasonable skepticism (real skepticism not 'Jame Randi/Pen & Teller' - type 'skepticism') to each claim, photo, recording, etc. Please peruse the boards, enjoy yourself & have fun. We're all friends here & this board is well-regulated and trolls & jerks don't go far, here.
Posted Image

#56 lovinlizzy25

lovinlizzy25

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:14 PM

Thank you!

#57 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,464 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:48 PM

You will definitely find that the Ghoststudy forum is a great place to get answers on anything you want to know about the paranormal :)
Posted Image

#58 lovinlizzy25

lovinlizzy25

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:19 PM

I do have one question the only thing that comes to mind.  I think I was about 12  maybe a little younger and my sister was probably  10 our grandfather had recently died from cancer, I was really close to him. it  tore me up when he passed. we were about to go to sleep one night, we stayed in the same room our stepdad was really hateful and mean.  he comes in our room and turns the lamp off we got really scared and held hands and said grandfather ghost grandfather ghost please turn the light on and as soon as we said that it went up 2 times it was a touch light lamp so it has different settings but I have always wondered if that could have been my grandpa. I know we were young but I have always acted more mature and this was not made up it really did happen.

#59 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:17 PM

View Postlovinlizzy25, on 20 July 2013 - 05:19 PM, said:

I do have one question the only thing that comes to mind.  I think I was about 12  maybe a little younger and my sister was probably  10 our grandfather had recently died from cancer, I was really close to him. it  tore me up when he passed. we were about to go to sleep one night, we stayed in the same room our stepdad was really hateful and mean.  he comes in our room and turns the lamp off we got really scared and held hands and said grandfather ghost grandfather ghost please turn the light on and as soon as we said that it went up 2 times it was a touch light lamp so it has different settings but I have always wondered if that could have been my grandpa. I know we were young but I have always acted more mature and this was not made up it really did happen.

I would say that was definitely your grandpa that turned on the lamp.  I don't know what else it could be, unless a really big bug jumped onto the lamp at that exact moment :)

I had a similar experience after my grandpa passed away in 2006 (I was 17 at the time).  I was staying at my grandma's house and had just got into bed.  I fell asleep for about three hours, woke up and could not move.  Then I saw this "person" coming down the hallway  It was too dark to figure out who they were.  When they got closer, I realized that it was a younger version of my grandpa (it looked like death took off 20 years).  All he did was come to the end of the hallway, look around, and walk back down the hallway.  I slept like a baby for the rest of the night.

Edited by NightWalker_07, 20 July 2013 - 08:18 PM.

Posted Image

#60 lovinlizzy25

lovinlizzy25

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 37 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:18 AM

That's good that you slept like a baby the rest of the night and a really great story.  I have also experienced waking up and not being able to move a few times it is no fun.