Free Skins
© Fisana

Jump to content


Heavy Footsteps & Banging


  • Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#101 Dman

Dman

    Ghoul

  • GS Member
  • Pip
  • 219 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Akron, Ohio

Posted 02 June 2016 - 03:55 PM

View PostHudds, on 02 June 2016 - 03:42 PM, said:

I will continue discussing possible important matters with you a little later.

You mean, Noise Floor

Any practical  measurement will be subject to some form of noise, or an unwanted signal. And, in audio this may be background noise or in electronics there are often things like thermal noise, radiated noise or any other interfering signals. In a data acquisition measurement system the system itself will actually add noise to the signals it is measuring.

Noise floor limits the smallest measurement that can be taken with certainty since any measured amplitude cannot on average be less than the noise floor.

To make it simple for you, noise floor is the level of background noise in a signal, or the level of noise introduced by the system.

So, what's your thoughts regarding what I said to you previously, Dman?
Why are EVP's usually buried in these? I know my camera puts a lot of noise on the video but are they at the same levels or frequencies as the noise floor? I hope this sounded right.

#102 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

    Forum Owner

  • Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,186 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 02 June 2016 - 04:31 PM

Dman... I have been more than a little upset with the practices you and your friend are into. You two seem to be veering further and further into the dark-side of the paranormal, IMO. And I am worried for you both. Particularly you, because you seem like the follower in all of this. And this thing with Mistic was pretty much the last straw for me.

So let me just say this, I admire your enthusiasm and your dedication to this cause, however misguided it may be. But I won't let it continue on the forums in this direction. I really don't want to see strange practices with hands waving over cans, etc. And I don't want any talk about channeling at all. If it comes up on the forum to educate, that's fine... but let's not go in the direction of it being a tool to summon, invite or greet any type of supernatural beings.

So with that said. I wish you to carry on... you have actually become a novelty on the board and members seem to like following your research. But from now on, I wish for your direction to be more inline with forum protocol as I have outlined above.

I hope you understand my position in this. But it is absolutely imperative that I not allow visitors to be lured away in unsafe practices. And when it comes to you and your friend, you two seem almost desperate in acquiring evidence, even at a dangerous cost. There are a lot of young people tuning in here everyday. making up to half the visitors. So lets show them safe research practices, okay??
.

#103 EVP

EVP

    Earthbound Spirit

  • GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 02 June 2016 - 04:36 PM

I think this is a good call Jim.

I gave him this little piece of advice that was similar just recently.

If I were you, I would cut back and balance your exploration. You are borderline obsessed. It's simply not healthy. I know several people that encountered a slew of issues because they kept trying to wake stuff up that should have stayed asleep.

Edited by EVP, 02 June 2016 - 04:36 PM.


#104 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

    Forum Owner

  • Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,186 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 02 June 2016 - 04:38 PM

Thank you, EVP
.

#105 Vlawde

Vlawde

    Exorcism

  • GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,025 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fair Oaks Ca
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 02 June 2016 - 04:39 PM

I agree, too much enthusiasm without a lot of knowledge and safeguards
Posted Image

#106 Dman

Dman

    Ghoul

  • GS Member
  • Pip
  • 219 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Akron, Ohio

Posted 02 June 2016 - 04:54 PM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 02 June 2016 - 04:31 PM, said:

Dman... I have been more than a little upset with the practices you and your friend are into. You two seem to be veering further and further into the dark-side of the paranormal, IMO. And I am worried for you both. Particularly you, because you seem like the follower in all of this. And this thing with Mistic was pretty much the last straw for me.

So let me just say this, I admire your enthusiasm and your dedication to this cause, however misguided it may be. But I won't let it continue on the forums in this direction. I really don't want to see strange practices with hands waving over cans, etc. And I don't want any talk about channeling at all. If it comes up on the forum to educate, that's fine... but let's not go in the direction of it being a tool to summon, invite or greet any type of supernatural beings.

So with that said. I wish you to carry on... you have actually become a novelty on the board and members seem to like following your research. But from now on, I wish for the direction to be more inline with forum protocol as I have outlined above.

I hope you understand my position in this. But it is absolutely imperative that I not allow visitors to be lured away in a an unsafe practices. And when it comes to you and your friend, you two seem almost desperate in acquiring evidence, even at a dangerous cost. There are a lot of young people tuning in here everyday. Even up to half the visitors. So lets show them sake research practices, okay??
.
I didn't know I was doing anything wrong :( That's ok though since I'm taking a big break and maybe coming back to it every two week or so.

#107 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

    Pooky's Keeper

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,449 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:My Comfy Coffin
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 02 June 2016 - 05:13 PM

View PostDman, on 02 June 2016 - 04:54 PM, said:

I didn't know I was doing anything wrong :( That's ok though since I'm taking a big break and maybe coming back to it every two week or so.

What Jim and EVP have said is very true.  Try to let stuff happen...  Don't go looking so hard :)
Posted Image

#108 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

    Forum Owner

  • Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,186 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 02 June 2016 - 05:28 PM

View PostHudds, on 02 June 2016 - 03:16 PM, said:

Are you aware that your friend has given spiritual legal rights to these apparent entities, through channeling and Ouija board to enter into your lives, to do as they please? "Ignore them" is perhaps an unlikely valid option for you guys, unfortunately.
Although, NOT recommended, but In order to practice channelling, it requires absolute expert skills of also controlling the spirits, which is in most cases a very rare skill to accomplish.

Just wanted to acknowledge and thank you, Huggs, for your counsel earleir in this thread... your words were spot on!
.

View PostDman, on 02 June 2016 - 04:54 PM, said:

I didn't know I was doing anything wrong :( That's ok though since I'm taking a big break and maybe coming back to it every two week or so.

I think a break might be a good thing. And if you get yourself in trouble with this whole thing, we're here.
.

#109 Dman

Dman

    Ghoul

  • GS Member
  • Pip
  • 219 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Akron, Ohio

Posted 02 June 2016 - 06:51 PM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 02 June 2016 - 05:28 PM, said:

Just wanted to acknowledge and thank you, Huggs, for your counsel earleir in this thread... your words were spot on!
.



I think a break might be a good thing. And if you get yourself in trouble with this whole thing, we're here.
.
There's just a whole world outside the physical realm that we are just starting to document.

#110 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

    Forum Owner

  • Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,186 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 02 June 2016 - 09:42 PM

You speak truth.... but don't get too caught up in it. If we get too close we are taken out of play.
.

Edited by Jim@GhostStudy, 03 June 2016 - 01:01 AM.


#111 Dman

Dman

    Ghoul

  • GS Member
  • Pip
  • 219 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Akron, Ohio

Posted 02 June 2016 - 11:32 PM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 02 June 2016 - 09:42 PM, said:

You speak truth.... but don't get too caught up in it. If we get too close we are taken out of play.
.

I just got a huge fact about the shed I'm in. It was made by my friend's deceased father and we found an old anvil in the ceiling girders and think the activity could be from the whole structure itself because nothing happens in the garage next door to it.

#112 Guest_Hudds_*

Guest_Hudds_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2016 - 03:32 AM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 02 June 2016 - 04:31 PM, said:

Dman... I have been more than a little upset with the practices you and your friend are into. You two seem to be veering further and further into the dark-side of the paranormal, IMO. And I am worried for you both. Particularly you, because you seem like the follower in all of this. And this thing with Mistic was pretty much the last straw for me.

So let me just say this, I admire your enthusiasm and your dedication to this cause, however misguided it may be. But I won't let it continue on the forums in this direction. I really don't want to see strange practices with hands waving over cans, etc. And I don't want any talk about channeling at all. If it comes up on the forum to educate, that's fine... but let's not go in the direction of it being a tool to summon, invite or greet any type of supernatural beings.

So with that said. I wish you to carry on... you have actually become a novelty on the board and members seem to like following your research. But from now on, I wish for your direction to be more inline with forum protocol as I have outlined above.

I hope you understand my position in this. But it is absolutely imperative that I not allow visitors to be lured away in unsafe practices. And when it comes to you and your friend, you two seem almost desperate in acquiring evidence, even at a dangerous cost. There are a lot of young people tuning in here everyday. making up to half the visitors. So lets show them safe research practices, okay??
.

Very well said, Jim. I appreciated, and agree with your concern and advice.

#113 Guest_Hudds_*

Guest_Hudds_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2016 - 03:38 AM

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 02 June 2016 - 04:39 PM, said:

too much enthusiasm without a lot of knowledge and safeguards

I agree with you Vlawde, as that's exactly what seems to be the case.

Edited by Hudds, 03 June 2016 - 03:51 AM.


#114 Guest_Hudds_*

Guest_Hudds_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2016 - 03:51 AM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 02 June 2016 - 05:28 PM, said:

Just wanted to acknowledge and thank you, Huggs, for your counsel earleir in this thread... your words were spot on!
Thank you for your acknowledgement, Jim. Very much appreciated.
.

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 02 June 2016 - 05:28 PM, said:

I think a break might be a good thing. And if you get yourself in trouble with this whole thing, we're here.
.
I agree, with your suggestion and support.to Dman.

#115 raoulduke

raoulduke

    Orb

  • Banned
  • 28 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 03 June 2016 - 03:54 AM

In regards to this entire thread:

/r/thathappened

#116 Guest_Hudds_*

Guest_Hudds_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2016 - 08:25 AM

View PostDman, on 02 June 2016 - 03:55 PM, said:

Why are EVP's usually buried in these? I know my camera puts a lot of noise on the video but are they at the same levels or frequencies as the noise floor? I hope this sounded right.

Dman, my answer to your question is in a general point of view.

Any sound captured through a microphone whilst either live or recording, can have noise floor or interference introduced by every component used during a session. In recordings noise floor is heard obviously only during playback. The intensity of noise floor varies depending on many factors, such as the quality of your microphone, audio recording device, components, shielding and cables.

Keep in mind, that It's not only noise floor that is heard during playback of audio recordings, RFI and EMI Interference is also heard many times. Again, this interference depends on your location and surrounding areas, due to Magnetic fields and signal transmitters strength.

To break it down for you, any sound can be buried in noise floor and interference not only E.V.P's in particular, and how much noise floor or interference there is in your recording, it depends on your recording devices, components, EMI (electromagnetic interference) and RFI (radio frequency interference).

Edited by Hudds, 03 June 2016 - 08:26 AM.


#117 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

    Moderator

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,905 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Sydney

Posted 04 June 2016 - 05:52 PM

I wouldn't want anyone channelling anywhere near where I am!
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#118 MysticOne

MysticOne

    Orb

  • GS Member
  • 28 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The mind of ALL
  • Interests:REALITY

Posted 04 June 2016 - 07:23 PM

View Postearthlydelites, on 04 June 2016 - 05:52 PM, said:

I wouldn't want anyone channelling anywhere near where I am!

May I ask what ones thinks a preacher does Wed nights and Sunday mornings?
o.O

A person channels their own higher spiritual self throughout the day. It's that lil voice that no one seems to really pay attention to also.
This can be better understood  as ( gut intuition ).

I've tried expressing to D? Have more fear of the physical than the NON.
Belief systems play a major roll in ALL of this. More'so Id say 90%

-Matt
Posted Image

#119 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

    Moderator

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,905 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Sydney

Posted 06 June 2016 - 12:46 AM

View PostMysticOne, on 04 June 2016 - 07:23 PM, said:

May I ask what ones thinks a preacher does Wed nights and Sunday mornings?
o.O

A person channels their own higher spiritual self throughout the day. It's that lil voice that no one seems to really pay attention to also.
This can be better understood  as ( gut intuition ).

I've tried expressing to D? Have more fear of the physical than the NON.
Belief systems play a major roll in ALL of this. More'so Id say 90%

-Matt

Hi Matt, There is certainly a time and place for correct channelling, but I'd daresay that if you think of channelling like an electrician playing with your circuits in the house - you wouldn't want someone who was inexperienced playing with your electricity, would you? Think about all the risks that the person (and others) would face if this was the case...

That's where I was coming from with my response :)
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#120 MysticOne

MysticOne

    Orb

  • GS Member
  • 28 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The mind of ALL
  • Interests:REALITY

Posted 06 June 2016 - 03:27 AM

View Postearthlydelites, on 06 June 2016 - 12:46 AM, said:

Hi Matt, There is certainly a time and place for correct channelling, but I'd daresay that if you think of channelling like an electrician playing with your circuits in the house - you wouldn't want someone who was inexperienced playing with your electricity, would you? Think about all the risks that the person (and others) would face if this was the case...

That's where I was coming from with my response :)


I absolutely AGREE with you!
Decern every feeling, every thought, every emotion, ect ect, ect....

We are on the same page...

Edited by MysticOne, 06 June 2016 - 03:28 AM.

Posted Image