Free Skins
© Fisana

A New Member Asked Me To Post These Pics!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
76 replies to this topic

#21 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,186 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 01:20 AM

Vlawde does bring up a genuine concern.
I can't really explain away why Vlawde's brightened photo doesn't appear as yours with the rather defined ghost face. In other words, we can't recreate your enhancement. What's the reason for that?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#22 sevenstringking

sevenstringking

Orb

• GS Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 07:19 AM

I tried to enhance the photo on my Iphone and I cannot recreate that ghost face either.   I imagine it's because of the hardware limitations.  My friend overexposed the photo on his Imac computer which I believe has more powerful editing tools.  My point tho is that the ghost went undetected in the photo for days.  All's I thought I had were photos of the question marks.  The ghost would have remained "unseen" if my friend hadn't overexposed it to a level which I could never achieve. So for all trying to recreate it lighten the photo to the extreme and the image should emerge.

I have a video of him exposing the photo.  I'd be glad to post it if I knew how.  It's on my Iphone.  I don't have it sncyed to a pc but maybe there's a way I can do it.  Any help greatly appreciated.

thanks all for the replies everyone...

Edited by sevenstringking, 20 September 2016 - 07:22 AM.

#23 Ltucker036

Ltucker036

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 07:49 AM

I'm sorry but I can still clearly see the mouth and nose in vlawdes "edited" version. I downloaded an iPhone app and pointed to each just by using my finger. I can understand that his version isn't as clear as Carl's since his wasn't used with such a precise editing software program. Literally all you have to do is focus your eyes a little harder and it's still there !

Attached Files

#24 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,186 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 10:20 AM

I was just in Photoshop and I tried to bring out the image but with no luck.
Unfortunately, it's not so believable if it can't be recreated through photo enhancement.  Posted Image

Seven... if you have the video of him exposing the photo in order to bring out the effect, you are welcome to email it to me as an attachment. I would be interested in seeing it.

#25 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,390 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 20 September 2016 - 12:03 PM

View PostLtucker036, on 20 September 2016 - 07:49 AM, said:

I'm sorry but I can still clearly see the mouth and nose in vlawdes "edited" version. I downloaded an iPhone app and pointed to each just by using my finger. I can understand that his version isn't as clear as Carl's since his wasn't used with such a precise editing software program. Literally all you have to do is focus your eyes a little harder and it's still there !

Did you look at the B&W images which I posted. Here they are again. The face you're talking about can be explained away. It's made up from the bed, table and wall.

B&W pic:
Posted Image

B&W images outlined:

Posted Image

B&W pics of him sitting on and in front of the bed and you can see the pieces of furniture in the background, on both sides of the bed.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#26 sevenstringking

sevenstringking

Orb

• GS Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 12:34 PM

My friend said he used Adobe light room recovery tool and luminosity masks whatever that means. Jim, emailed you the video.

Edited by sevenstringking, 20 September 2016 - 12:37 PM.

#27 sevenstringking

sevenstringking

Orb

• GS Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 12:44 PM

I'll try to reproduce the photo in the bedroom soon and post it. It'll be clear to  see that the face is not the bed.   My body is in the way of reflecting the bed. I was right on top of the TV corner in case you didn't notice that.  My body is blocking the view of anything behind me. There is no reflection Of the room behind me.

Edited by sevenstringking, 20 September 2016 - 12:47 PM.

#28 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,449 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 20 September 2016 - 01:35 PM

I'm just seeing what could be a reflection from the start.  MacCGStudy also pointed out with her B&W versions of the pictures that there is nothing really out of the ordinary going on.  Looks like it could just be a weird case of pareidolia in the original picture...  But the writing on the dust is still interesting to me.
Posted Image

#29 Ltucker036

Ltucker036

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 03:01 PM

MacGStudy : I appreciate you trying to tell me that but if you read my post I was stating that in vlawdes edited version I can clearly still see the face that was in the version originally posted. As to what my arrows were pointing at since a couple of other people are saying they couldn't see it when they did it themselves, but I can it's just not as clear.  Also : you're saying the bed is making up the "face" when you're drawing has the bed beneath the face and I can see still the face between your lines of what you say is a wall and a bed?

#30 lorac61469

lorac61469

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 03:10 PM

View Postsevenstringking, on 20 September 2016 - 12:44 PM, said:

I'll try to reproduce the photo in the bedroom soon and post it. It'll be clear to  see that the face is not the bed.   My body is in the way of reflecting the bed. I was right on top of the TV corner in case you didn't notice that.  My body is blocking the view of anything behind me. There is no reflection Of the room behind me.

Your body is not as close as you think. MacGStudy has your body outlined correctly.  You can tell because of the dark waistband.

#31 Stucker324

Stucker324

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 04:48 PM

As a group of people who are all paranormal enthusiasts I'm highly disappointed in the lack of support on this post. So quick to debunk and question a fellow believer.

#32 MortimerGraves

MortimerGraves

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 05:15 PM

View PostStucker324, on 20 September 2016 - 04:48 PM, said:

As a group of people who are all paranormal enthusiasts I'm highly disappointed in the lack of support on this post. So quick to debunk and question a fellow believer.

My apologies. The one image looks so much like the Invisible Man that I had to make the comparison. You must understand that when you present a picture for our reviewing, it helps a lot to know exactly what you are talking about. There is a face at the left and the "Invisible Man/Skull Face" at the lower right. In the second photo I am at a loss as to what to look for.

You know, I posted a picture a while back that I shot at a local haunted graveyard. I wanted people to see for themselves, so I didn't point out the image. No one saw it until I highlighted the image. Then they didn't know how they missed it. Tell us what we need to look for. Pareidolia is a real problem, so we need to look for a certain image or pareidolia will have us chasing everything and then saying we don't see anything. If you circle what you want me to see and I still don't see it, it could be me...

God Bless
Graves
Who you gonna call?

#33 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,025 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 20 September 2016 - 05:25 PM

Nothing wrong with questioning things. I don't see a lack of support either. We are just trying to clarify things. It does nothing to advance the field to just post "ooh cool cap!" and leave it at that. There may well be something paranormal in the photo...or not. And the OP is going above and beyond in trying to answer questions and get more info
Posted Image

#34 lorac61469

lorac61469

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 05:41 PM

In order to analyze a photo questions must be asked.  If a person is frightened by a photo and someone realizes that it's just glare and motion blur it can make someone feel at ease.  

Plus there are people (not the op) that intentionally fake photos.

I always look a normal explaination before I'd even think paranormal.

Also some of us are skeptics.

#35 Roxstar

Roxstar

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  • Interests:The paranormal, ghost and after life research, family, music, science, video games. I am mostly into EVP but also love to use spirit boxes and other forms of communication. It's a true passion of mine, more than a hobby.

Posted 21 September 2016 - 05:48 AM

Very cool looking pictures, and great work to all those who have tried to recreate and debunk (or prove) the "face" and hand in the pics. I am also thinking this is a case of pareidolia, but that is just my opinion of course. The finger marks, that's very interesting. It certainly looks like someone streaked the tv a few times with a finger/s, but if that's definitely not the case I don't know what could have caused such prominent markings there.

"What Scares You, Masters You."

-UNKNOWN-

#36 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,186 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 07:57 AM

Steven asked me to publish this video on YouTube for him. Here's a link to it.
Here his friend brings out the face through video enhancements. It was filmed vertically so it's very small, unfortunately... therefore hard to see the various steps performed. But the face does seem to appear through the editing process.
Click Here for Video

#37 lorac61469

lorac61469

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 08:10 AM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 21 September 2016 - 07:57 AM, said:

Steven asked me to publish this video on YouTube for him. Here's a link to it.
Here his friend brings out the face through video enhancements. It was filmed vertically so it's very small, unfortunately... therefore hard to see the various steps performed. But the face does seem to appear through the editing.
Click Here for Video        

Info on luminosity masks...
http://www.gimp.org/...minosity_Masks/

A bit confusing to me since I'm not familiar with photo editing besides cropping and lightening but...

"Being able to selectively modify an image based on particular tonal regions can be a very powerful method of editing. Need to brighten up the mid-tones in an image without effecting shadows or highlights? Want to split-tone an image with different colors? Need to increase contrast only in the darkest shadows? All of these are trivially easy once you begin considering your image as a collection of tonal ranges."

Seems like this is way beyond the normal cropping and lightening.

#38 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,025 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 08:29 AM

I wish the phone was held horizontally so we could see exactly what he was doing there.  I'm not really sure on this, has me stumped
Posted Image

#39 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,025 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 08:47 AM

I did some color tweaks. I circled what could be the mouth on the original, I don't know that there is any more detail to be brought out. I see no hint of eyes or any other detail in the enhanced version. And the :mouth" here could be pareidolia caused by something reflecting from the room

Posted Image
Posted Image

#40 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,186 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 09:03 AM

That's all I'm able to produce as well, Vlawde.  Posted Image  Interesting though.