© Fisana

The Walking Woman Video

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_GhostRedcoats_*

Guest_GhostRedcoats_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2004 - 11:12 PM

I had to bring this vid back for those who never got to see it on the old board.

Scroll Down To Walking Figure

#2 Spooky538

Spooky538

Orb

• GS Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 11:25 PM

I was looking at this video a few weeks ago and to me its just the light from its flashlight turning the corner.

Spooky rolleyes.gif

#3 Guest_GhostRedcoats_*

Guest_GhostRedcoats_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2004 - 11:28 PM

Did you open the 'Walking Figure' clip? It's a full-on woman, nothing a flashlight could cause....?

#4 Guest_blkhmster_*

Guest_blkhmster_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2004 - 11:37 PM

i've seen that on their site before. forget which school it's at though...

#5 SMS

SMS

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 11:45 PM

I DON'T KNOW.... dry.gif

#6 doodlebug

doodlebug

Ghoststudy's Pest

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 07:11 PM

Seems awfully clear to be a reflection of the flashlight....weird
IPB Image
Thanks Helena!
Troublemaker #2  Look!!  A chicken!!

#7 Darktania

Darktania

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 08:13 PM

I dunno what you guys are looking at but the video that I saw showed a full body apparition walking in that foyer. I've seen this video before but it never ceases to amaze me.

Darktania
Dont be afraid of the Dark. Be afraid of what's in it.

#8 Guest_reticent1_*

Guest_reticent1_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2004 - 08:54 PM

don't have realplayer.  Not sure how to view it. sad.gif

#9 Guest_GhostRedcoats_*

Guest_GhostRedcoats_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2004 - 10:05 PM

Reticent, you can download Real Player for free and pretty fast if you're not on dial-up....

#10 irish_mafia

irish_mafia

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 10:29 PM

Man, she just seems to appear out of no where doesn't she.  How bizarre
With the loss of my dad and my sister in law and neither of them coming to visit I find myself a little more skeptical these days.  Having said that though I still jump when things go bump in the night :)

#11 Guest_GhostRedcoats_*

Guest_GhostRedcoats_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2004 - 10:32 PM

Here's a pretty good still from the movie....

#12 Nightside_Eclipse

Nightside_Eclipse

Orb

• GS Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 10:34 PM

It does look like a ghost but it's a shadow.

Nightshot cameras have an infrared "light" just like a flashlight on them.

All we are seeing is the combination of his flashlight and the "shadow" from the infrared light.

If you play/pause/play/pause/ it right when the "figure" walks across you can see that the outlines match up with the "shadow" of the man.

#13 Guest_GhostRedcoats_*

Guest_GhostRedcoats_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2004 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE(Nightside_Eclipse @ Oct 28 2004, 02:34 AM)
It does look like a ghost but it's a shadow.
Nightshot cameras have an infrared "light" just like a flashlight on them.
All we are seeing is the combination of his flashlight and the "shadow" from the infrared light.

If you play/pause/play/pause/ it right when the "figure" walks across you can see that the outlines match up with the "shadow" of the man.
View Post

I can't buy that. It's in mid-air, not against any steps/wall/floor. It has a dress on. It's moving (walking) differently to him. No hat. Not really like the guy in any way. I can't see it as a shadow of any kind...    (?)

#14 Guest_xenaswolf_*

Guest_xenaswolf_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2004 - 10:44 PM

Red, maybe its a los hillbilly! tongue.gif

#15 Guest_GhostRedcoats_*

Guest_GhostRedcoats_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2004 - 10:46 PM

Ooh yeah, could be the wife of military base guy! Those rednecks are everywhere!

unsure.gif

#16 JeepersCreepers

JeepersCreepers

Lil' D's Gramma

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,277 posts
  • Location:Over the Hill and Through the Woods...Really just Over the Hill
  • Interests:My grandson!!

Posted 27 October 2004 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE(irish_mafia21 @ Oct 27 2004, 11:29 PM)
Man, she just seems to appear out of no where doesn't she.  How bizarre
View Post

That is exactly what I was going to say. She does appear from right in the middle of that foyer. There is no way this is a shadow. Her leg step doesn't line up nor does the man line up. He is too far to the right for the apparition to be his shadow. If it's his shadow, then he has a hologram for a shadow  tongue.gif

I love this video. Probably the best I've seen.

#17 Nightside_Eclipse

Nightside_Eclipse

Orb

• GS Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 10:55 PM

I think you misunderstood me. Or maybe I worded it wrong.

The ghost is not his shadow, the "ghost" is light from his flashlight. the ghosts OUTLINES are a combinaion of the shadow of the wall and the man.

The shadows form the ghosts outlines.

#18 Nightside_Eclipse

Nightside_Eclipse

Orb

• GS Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 10:59 PM

Stop the video around 2.3 - 2.5 seconds and you will see the beginning of the "ghost" form walking across (it helps to use CTRL-P to stop and start it)

If I could get a screen cap I would post them but I can't figure out how to do it with realplayer   mad.gif

Then just start it and stop it again about .2 seconds later- keep doign that and you will see that the shadow of the wall and the man's shadow line up to form the ghosts outline.

You might also want to zoom it in to 200% to see it better

#19 Spooky538

Spooky538

Orb

• GS Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE(Nightside_Eclipse @ Oct 28 2004, 08:55 AM)
I think you misunderstood me. Or maybe I worded it wrong.
The ghost is not his shadow, the "ghost" is light from his flashlight. the ghosts OUTLINES are a combinaion of the shadow of the wall and the man.

The shadows form the ghosts outlines.
View Post

Thats what I mean to!! You said it perfectly Nightside eclipse...... wink.gif

Spooky.. sad.gif

#20 Eclectic420

Eclectic420

Shadow Ghost

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 12:28 AM

greetings,

i seen this video along time ago. in my opinion its a great capture.

i personally, don't see it the way Nightside_Eclipse, or spooky is seeing it.

i have got to be one of if not the biggest skeptic here, i am going over this video with a close eye. honestly, if i could anyway explain it/debunk it i would, but at this time it looks legitimate to me.

now, nightside, you have made a few interesting observations, but i think your angles are all wrong. ive looked it over a ton of times and if what you explained was what was going on then the guys shadow would be being projected in front of him and the apparition would appear to be walking away from him instead of to the right.

also, you mentioned the guys flashlight to be playing a part in the illusion you state it is. but it couldn't be. i have some still ill upload and you can see from the first one, his flash lights main beam is the bright center right at the edge of the top step. after that each frame i captured the main center beam is still visible but going down the steps. he is obviously pointing the flash light at the steps as he makes his way down. the location of his flashlight could not be projecting the wall to his right in front of him in the location it is in.

also, you said something about the guys shadow projecting from the infrared light from the video recorder being visible in the area where the apparition is seen. I'm going to have to disagree with you again. look at each still i am uploading and you will see the guys shadow is actually very small and is visible right on the edge of his left shoulder on the door and doorway at the bottom of the steps.  it can not be the guys shadow for one we can see where his shadow is, and 2 the location of the infrared light back-lighting him would be unable to project the guys shadow to the right, as the apparition is moving.

also another little note i made. watch the video frame by frame, or even look at the stills i am uploading. the guys legs and the apparitions legs to not match up in placement as they each walk. i have one frame where the guys legs are nearly side by side as if he is standing and just below him you can see the apparitions legs are separated  in mid stride.

so heres the stills.

[attachmentid=195][attachmentid=196][attachmentid=197][attachmentid=198]

[attachmentid=199]

so anyway thats how i see things right now.

blessings,

Edited by Eclectic420, 28 October 2004 - 12:30 AM.

Posted Image

"a person can be so open minded, that they infact are close minded."-ME

"Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate"-William of Ockham (Ockham's razor)

My MySpace Page - Add Me If You Like

The Eclectic Mind