• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 FleetwoodJack

FleetwoodJack

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 May 2020 - 01:05 PM

Hello everyone, I wanted to share with you all an experience that occurred recently in my house.  

For background- I bought a house this past June and moved in during August.  It's just my dog and I.  The very first night in the house, my dog was going crazy barking at one wall in my bedroom.  She had been to the house several times while I was purchasing and then doing some renovations prior to move in, so it was not a completely new environment.  However, this was our first time at the house at night.  I thought her behavior pretty odd, but attributed it to our first night in the new house.  That first day or two I noticed some hand prints in areas that I had not been to or touched, and just a few unsettling details.  I would always joke around that my house was "haunted", but that it was by a nice ghost or spirit because I had never felt any dark energy.

A few weeks after moving in, I had a friend stay with me- the first other person to stay in my house.   That night, one of my smoke detectors started beeping, like the battery was dying.  We were half asleep and had removed almost every smoke detector before the beeping stopped.  I had on my list to replace the batteries in all of the smoke detectors, but it's a project that never got completed.  

A few weeks ago, I was leaving my house when an older man stopped me.  He was walking his dog, and asked if I had bought my house within the past year.  I talked to him for a few minutes - he was an electrician that had previously worked on the house.  When we talked he was very unsettling - unblinking and unwavering eye contact.  He asked some personal questions that I thought were odd. I got very strange vibes from him, and even mentioned to a friend that lives in the neighborhood to watch out for him.  They also saw the old man and stayed clear of him.  I have not heard from or seen him since.

Nothing strange until two nights ago.  The friend that stayed with me has largely not been a part of my life since November.  However, two nights ago I had a very vivid dream about him visiting me.  I woke up, and then went back to sleep.  Later that night, I woke up to the smoke detector in my room beeping.  I removed the batteries on it, and couldn't help but think how strange of a coincidence it was that the first dream I can remember having of this friend recently, is also the first night any of the smoke detectors have beeped since the friend visited.  I text my friend about the strange coincidence, but didn't think of it as anything more.

Last night, I fell asleep on the couch and then moved to the bedroom.  I turned on my bedroom light and was immediately unnerved.   In black pen, there was writing on my wall that had previously not been there.  This is the wall my dog originally barked at, the first night in the house.  I'll include a picture as an attachment. There is an arrow pointing at the light switch, and really bad handwriting to the effect of "grounds NOT, with black wire NOT."  I use this light switch every single day for the past 8 months and had NEVER seen this before.  I tried to rationalize it as having always been there, and just something an electrician may have written at some point.  I have never had an electrician in the house, and friends that have been in my house and in my bedroom have also never seen this writing on the wall.  The woman that occasionally cleans my house has never noticed this writing, and it's in a very obvious spot - a place I see multiple times a day, in multiple different light settings - natural, over head, etc.  I also always have to look at the remote next to the light switch, to toggle the light or the fan on with the power.  I don't simply pass and flip the switch on without thinking.  My neighborhood friend can also see this writing.  

The reason I mention the electrician and the beeping smoke detector, is that this wall and this writing is within 3 feet of where the smoke detector was!  My friend also saw the old man, so this conversation was not imagined.  I have taken no drugs recently, have been of sound mind and body.  I want to think that maybe I have just overlooked this writing, but that seems incredibly unlikely.  No-one has noticed this before.  

I had a really difficult time falling asleep - I checked every inch of my home for an intruder or sign of break in.  My video doorbell has recorded no sign of anyone besides myself entering or exiting the house.  To my knowledge, no one has died in the home.  

I am not sure if my house is haunted and this was a warning - that maybe my electrical work is faulty?  Maybe the "electrician" has malicious intentions?  I have never "smudged" my house and am not sure what to do moving forward.  I have not tried to remove the writing, but it looks like it would easily come off with a sponge.  Please let me know what ya'll think, and if there is any pertinent information I left out.  Is this a ghost, or am I just over-reacting?

#2 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 02:13 AM

Hello and welcome to the boards.

I think you are looking at this correctly by first ruling out that no one was in your home.

When you spoke about unknown handprints in your house, I thought maybe someone was trespassing into your domain!

Is there any other way into your home other than the front door where someone could get inside?  

I am sure it would be very unsettling once you saw the writing on the wall; maybe it's not a coincidence your dog was barking at the same wall maybe someone was trying to get your attention to a problem!

I think one of the first things I would do if I was in the same position after checking the house was clear would be to get a qualified electrician out to check the house wiring to ensure it is all correctly wired. It does sound like a warning to me!

Just don't use the creepy electrician!
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,424 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 02 May 2020 - 07:23 AM

Interesting! I wonder if it's possible that weird electrician guy you talked to outside is involved in this, maybe he is messing with you.
Posted Image

#4 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 02 May 2020 - 07:28 PM

Welcome!!!!
1st I'd do a background check on the weird electrician guy - hire a reputable one to check everything closely.  In my town, that's easier said than done a lot of times - do your homework. I agree with Klainey & Vlawde - sometimes people want any attention they can get.  If that doesn't solve the problem, I would have the house cleansed, maybe it is a way of your dog (and or something else) warning you of a danger that could possibly occur. Not questioning your feeling of the electrician, I am a believer to ALWAYS follow your instinct. I am happy you followed yours. Do you think you could 'casually' bring up the subject again while outside of your home if you see him again?  Now I do not have a lot of experience with this particular scenario, so if someone comes along and says I am way off course - go with their advice.  I've learned so much from the awesome members on this forum.  They will not lead you astray - again welcome and thank you for sharing your story with us and please, please keep us updated.  I wish you all the best!!!
Oh - were you able to upload the photos of the writing?

Michelle

#5 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 02 May 2020 - 08:55 PM

I'd recommend documenting unusual activities and not become overwhelmed by a few unexplained (for now) occurrences. Some may disagree with me, but until a dog tells me its monitoring paranormal behavior, I'd be more convinced the dog is having initial difficulties with a new environment.

As to the unusual person (heavens knows there's plenty of them) I'd stay clear of them. Trust your sense of discomfort and avoid people that don't feel right.

As to the batteries, did you test them for strength to exclude the possibility the batteries just went bad?

Just rule out things one by one. If we become fixated on initial unexplained situations your mind will become riddled with anxiety and it will begin creating it's own.

I'm not suggesting the paranormal doesn't exist but in comparison to naturally explained situations, it barely reaches 1% of the time.

Keep us posted on new events.

Edited by EVP, 02 May 2020 - 08:57 PM.

Posted Image
Today while shopping, I put items back because it said, "Made In China".

#6 True North

True North

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 06:31 PM

What's important is that your attention has been directed towards the light switch and wiring of your home. Generally, when your attention's brought to such matters, it's a good idea to have it checked out. Have the switch and related wiring looked at by someone you trust.

Myself, I'd leave the message up for now as a reminder; a sort of sticky note if you will. You can tell whoever comes to look at it that you were concerned the message might be referring to something which needed fixing that no one ever got around to.

#7 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 04 May 2020 - 04:05 AM

+1 to what everyone else said.  Keep your eyes open and dont fixate on one thing.  Trust your gut and please find an electrician your feel good about to check it out!
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#8 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts

Posted 04 May 2020 - 09:21 PM

I agree get a different electrician to check it out for you!
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#9 Altersense

Altersense

Apport

• GS Member
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:It would be easier for me to list the things I am not interested in.
    100 degree weather
    Cats with attitude
    Romance Novels/Hallmark or Lifetime Channel
    That pretty much sums me up....everything else is on the table(:

Posted 08 May 2020 - 10:30 AM

I'm just curious what personal questions the electrician asked. Your description of him is very telling, however. I agree with the majority, get a reputable electrician to check things out. Stay safe.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ghosts, warnings, haunting