40 replies to this topic

#1 Ridinghood

Ridinghood

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 11:06 AM

To me, this is much, much, MUCH scarier than ghosts!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2gi0Tan5Wc&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFm_Pv6LevQ...feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hp3WEEoIxNQ

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok i'm done....

#2 Guest_ellsbeth_*

Guest_ellsbeth_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2008 - 12:23 PM

Y'all never seen a Florida Banana Spider---heck.  Big as my palm. We have "wolf spiders" too, a type of tarantula. Spiders are not bad unless they are brown recluse----then be careful!!!

#3 Ridinghood

Ridinghood

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 12:29 PM

those aren't the only spiders to be worried about. hobo spiders will chase you and they are poisonous. so are black widows smile.gif and many more smile.gif

#4 BAD_BUTTERFLY

BAD_BUTTERFLY

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 281 posts
  • Interests:please pm me if you want any information psychic wise.

Posted 21 January 2008 - 12:30 PM

That was just absolutely disgusting!!!!  I was hungry, not anymore.

#5 Lady Sorbus

Lady Sorbus

Offical GS Headshrinker

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, history, paranormal, symbology, theatre, cinema, Knights Templar, classic cartoons (none of the rubbish out there now), shamanism and witchcraft

Posted 21 January 2008 - 12:37 PM

*hyperventilates and panics*

#6 Aslan

Aslan

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 12:48 PM

im telling ya - we are just sacks of meat to them

they have their own architecture

think about evolution......hint: dont need to be bigger just more poisonous....one of us will feed many many many little ones

fear the spider

a new chapter begins

#7 Guest_ellsbeth_*

Guest_ellsbeth_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2008 - 01:48 PM

I do respect them, never kill them. I reposition them. So far, they have never bothered me.
Now, caterpillars are a different story---

#8 GillGal

GillGal

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 168 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 01:55 PM

Spiders inside my house bad (DEAD) spiders outside good (UNDEAD)
"Success is always temporary. When all is said and done, the only thing you'll have left is your character." Vince Gill

#9 RoseIsRain

RoseIsRain

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 207 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 01:59 PM

Aww, I'm a spider/tarantula lover.  As long as you show respect, they can be very interesting.
I've had a couple of pet tarantulas. No noise, no smell, cheap to feed, easy clean-up.  As long as you know what you're doing, they are just about the perfect pet.  Cute and fuzzy, too.

#10 Ridinghood

Ridinghood

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 05:10 PM

Ok, question...first elsbeth you are afraid of caterpillars??? They don't bite! smile.gif But one or two re poisonous...and they change into beautiful butterflies!
Second, how do you clean out the tarantula's cage????? They can't be cuddly...I had one friend who had one and she said hers had spines on his rear. If you put your hand in his cage he would flick them at you with his hind legs. They stick in your skin...

#11 RoseIsRain

RoseIsRain

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 207 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 05:20 PM

QUOTE(Ridinghood @ Jan 21 2008, 05:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok, question...first elsbeth you are afraid of caterpillars??? They don't bite! smile.gif But one or two re poisonous...and they change into beautiful butterflies!
Second, how do you clean out the tarantula's cage????? They can't be cuddly...I had one friend who had one and she said hers had spines on his rear. If you put your hand in his cage he would flick them at you with his hind legs. They stick in your skin...

Tarantulas are nervous animals, not known for their aggression (generally).
The hairs you are talking about are for defense, to confuse potential predators.  Ironically, they use them in itching powder and were actually used in WWII when soldiers snuck up on unsuspecting enemy camps and would smear the hairs on their eyes.
All mine have been very cuddly, just don't scare them, they're very shy! All you do is scoop them up, put them in a safe place, and clean house.

#12 Ridinghood

Ridinghood

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 05:27 PM

You scoop them up with a 10ft shovel right? biggrin.gif my 8 year old wants a tarantula....what if it got out?! eek!

#13 Lady Sorbus

Lady Sorbus

Offical GS Headshrinker

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, history, paranormal, symbology, theatre, cinema, Knights Templar, classic cartoons (none of the rubbish out there now), shamanism and witchcraft

Posted 21 January 2008 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE(Ridinghood @ Jan 21 2008, 07:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You scoop them up with a 10ft shovel right? biggrin.gif my 8 year old wants a tarantula....what if it got out?! eek!

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

#14 Erinwolfrus

Erinwolfrus

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 125 posts
  • Interests:Humor, the paranormal, animals, mythology, symbolism, music...<br /><br />blah, too many to list :)

Posted 21 January 2008 - 06:42 PM

I really like tarantulas and all, but that camel spider reminds me of an ant. D:

And I really, really hate ants. REALLY.

Join FNORD the FNORD Discordians!
Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there. With open arms, and open eyes.

#15 Guest_ellsbeth_*

Guest_ellsbeth_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2008 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE(Ridinghood @ Jan 21 2008, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, when I lived near the ocean I would leave my window open at night. One morning I woke with a bunch of them on my bed. It kind of made me catterpillar wary!!

#16 Ridinghood

Ridinghood

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 08:01 PM

LOL!!! Thats kinda funny....

The thing that creeps me out the most is the darn FANGS on that camel spider!

#17 RoseIsRain

RoseIsRain

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 207 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 08:14 PM

The only bug that really gives me the whillies is the centipede.  They're just mean little critters.

#18 cleyranratgirl

cleyranratgirl

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Any art that reveals what is hidden (numerology, astrology, psychology, palmistry, hypnosis, etc.) Japanese food, manga/anime, cats, corsets, coincidences, techno or rock music (although I mostly gave up on music long ago), play station games... that's all I can think of for now.

Posted 21 January 2008 - 09:12 PM

The third video had me dry heaving in the first 5 seconds of it.

#19 citrinecastle

citrinecastle

Priestess of Poo

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,564 posts
  • Interests:Stalking GS moderators, discussing horrific bowel movements and all that is stinky, cat speaking, eating bubble wrap

Posted 21 January 2008 - 09:16 PM

QUOTE(Erinwolfrus @ Jan 21 2008, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really like tarantulas and all, but that camel spider reminds me of an ant. D:

And I really, really hate ants. REALLY.

Ok. I cringed during the first 2 vids but the 3rd made me throw up. I mean....REALLY throw up. Darned gag reflex and all that. Now I feel like garbage.

Ants? I am seriously phobic about them. Of all the creepy crawly things out there, ants freak me out the worst.

Let me tell ya'll a little horror story I read as a kid. A woman was laying out sunbathing in her backyard and fell asleep. She woke up and went about the next few days normally....except for an annoying itch in her sinus passages. As the days progressed, the itching spread and got worse and she was constantly scratching at her face. She decided to go to the Dr thinking she was having an allergic reaction to something. Dr told her she was fine and sent her home. At this point, the itching was so severe she was practically ripping her face up with her nails. A few more days pass and she's frantic: the itching has gotten out of control, her face is torn up and blotchy, she goes back to the Dr and still he says nothing is wrong. But the lady flips out and starts clawing at her skin in the Drs office and howling.  Dr assumes she's having a manic episode, so he has the nice men in the white coats come in and put her in a strait jacket so she can't do anymore harm to herself. Problem is, they did some of the straps wrong and as she's being transported out, she gets an arm loose and tears off a piece of her cheek with her nails. What did they find? A bunch of hatching ant eggs in her face...as the elder ant babies were hatched, they were eating her face from the inside out, hence causing the itching. They say a queen ant crawled up her nose and laid eggs in the woman's face as she was sunbathing in her backyard.

And THAT folks is why I don't sunbathe. AND why I hate ants so much.

Now the ant phobes are REALLY going to hate me!

http://www.myspace.com/citrinecastle

Ask Me About My Bowel Movements, I Dare You

No...Let's NOT Talk About My Bowel Movements You Rascally Evil Mod, You

#20 RoseIsRain

RoseIsRain

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 207 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE(Ridinghood @ Jan 21 2008, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wouldn't recommend a tarantula to an 8 year old, since tarantulas can die from stress if you handle them too much.  They are also very fragile, a few foot high drop can kill them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users