Mega Scarier Than Ghosts!

• You cannot reply to this topic
40 replies to this topic

#21 dorthyinwonder

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Interests:Love my niece and nephew as though they were my own (might as well be) and would do anything for them. Well, just about anything.

Posted 21 January 2008 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE(ellsbeth @ Jan 21 2008, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I do respect them, never kill them. I reposition them. So far, they have never bothered me.
Now, caterpillars are a different story---

Ok, they pop when you step on them...as a child, going to school we'd have catepillars literally covering the walkways. You couldn't avoid them and even stepping on the grass was a bad idea. You had your kids that would step on them to feel the squish and then...there was me. I'd cringe everytime I got close and freaked out so bad everytime I felt one pop beneath me. UGH!

Roaches...that's my scary place...

#22 Ridinghood

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 08:00 AM

QUOTE(RoseIsRain @ Jan 22 2008, 12:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wouldn't recommend a tarantula to an 8 year old, since tarantulas can die from stress if you handle them too much.  They are also very fragile, a few foot high drop can kill them.

oh don't worry, hes not getting one anytime soon smile.gif

Edited because I need to comment on the ant story, thats just plain WRONG!  blink.gif ninja.gif confused0068.gif

Edited by Ridinghood, 22 January 2008 - 08:02 AM.

My Signature

#23 Sly-Spectre

Larry

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
  • Interests:Surfing, Drinking, Eating, Sleeping, Partying, Pool(Billiards to you Englishmen) and...Ghosts and Cryptozoology.<br /><br />I'm on Facebook look for Gerry Nix

Posted 22 January 2008 - 08:16 AM

Cool Vids! I'm more reluctant to be near roaches than those guys.roaches have always been on my cringe list. Actually, they make up my cringe list.
My Signature
"Something weird is going on Jess." Simon whispered as they waited to be served. "I overheard Sara and Hector say something about 'getting back at you' in the library this morning."
Jessie thought for a moment, his face expressionless as usual.
"That's just crazy." he said. "I didn't think you even knew where the library was."

-Excerpt from my short story "Stabbed in the Front."

#24 Shadow_Form

Apport

• GS Member
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 10:35 AM

confused0068.gif EEK! I wouldn't want to encounter those spiders. If I did, I'd wet myself as I'm fleeing in terror. As for the last vid, I had to turn away after the first 3 seconds. ICK.  sick.gif  yucky.gif

#25 vegankjh

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 06:13 AM

Ok, first off, that is soooo not the biggest spider out there. I don't know how to post links and videos and all that , but go to youtube and look up Goliath Bird EAting Tarantula. Thhose suckers are HUGE....as big as a dinner palte. 12 inch leg span. THAT"S BIG!! I'm the animal person in the family. Read up alot on those guys. Alot of sites say that they don't actually eat birds....but technically they are wrong. they will eat birds, the baby birds in nests. It's hard for them to climb up trees tho b/c of their large size and weight.

People can and do keep the Goliath as pets. Why, I just don't know. They are very very aggressive spiders. They have tiny hairs on their back legs that get stuck to your skin if they are provoked. *I forget what they call it when they do that....!* But yeah, scary Mo-Fos. I sure wouldn't want to mess with it...and I lvoe animals....of all types. Except birds and anything that resembles a monkey or Ape. Yeah, other than that.  

Where I live we have Wolf Spiders. They used to climb all over my bed when I was younger bc I'd leave my window oopen at night. Ugh. I've had em crawl down my arms, my back, everywhere. Sneaky lil creatures. They get to be bout as big as your palm. Not too bad scary. I worry bout my lil boyh picking one up this summer. I mean they are everywhere!!

Speaking of spiders....I am terrified of......Grand Daddy Long Legs!! I hate those things. I used to have panic attacks around them. And, lucky me, we get them out here too. Everywhere. I hate them. I kill them when I can...and by that I mean, when I'm brave enough to go near them. I usually run in the house and get wasp or hornet spray and douse them with it. They give me the creeps. And I don't know why. I know I hate them...and they usually don't live long around me.

#26 vegankjh

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 07:33 AM

Ahhh yes, I forgot to add something about the Goliath. They also have ONE INCH fangs. OH yes, that adds to the scary....doesn't it?!

#27 vegankjh

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 07:46 PM

I can tell everyone is oh so inmpressed by my vasy knowledge of animals....Hmmmmm....

#28 Jody

Apport

• GS Member
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting (of couse), Graphic Design, Camping, Traveling (if I could afford it), Games (When time allows it), spending time with son, and Hanging with good company.

Posted 09 March 2008 - 08:33 PM

Typically spiders don't bother me in the least, but I still hope I never come across one that size.  The third video I had to turn my head. That is just plan wrong (stomach is now doing flip flops).  Now for the ant story I must say I'm not sure I want to go to sleep now, lol. For fear of what might crawl up my nose without my knowing or the nightmares it's going to give me, lol.

Jody

#29 Cambion

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 09:11 PM

I'm also of the school that I will leave spiders alone or admire them if they are outside, but when they're in the house, they get the newspaper. And I don't mean the little tiny ones that live in teh corners - my cats deal with those. I mean these really huge things...don't know what they are. Their leg spans from the tip of one leg to the tip of the opposite leg is about the span across a milk cap. Maybe not big to some, but I hate seeing these things in the house. And they move very very fast, and I don't know if they're poisonous or not and I just don't want them crawling over me when I'm sleeping.

I know once my mom had some weird spiders living in the house at one point a few years back. They were about half the size of a dime, had black bodies and little white spots. And here's the fun part - they knew how to jump and waft around on a string of web. I remember vividly watching one as I was picking my laundry up off the floor, and it leapt from the top of the towel closet and attempted to land in my hair. Umm, no - do not want. Glad I never saw those freaky things ever again.

I've seen some impressive spiders in the backyard - I know one day I was walking my mom's dog in the summer and looking under rocks for snakes, and I found this massive spider that looked like a tarantula and had a great big egg sac attached to it. I wasn't going to kill it, but I wanted to watch it because I'd never seen a spider so big. Then the dog decided it looked appetizing and ate it in one slurp. wallbash.gif

I'm not creeped out by bugs in general...but it's another story when they start crawling on me or flying in my face. I think butterflies are beautiful, but I'll take my shoe off and smack one out of the air if it flies in my face. And I'll run screaming blue murder if one of those crane flies buzzes near me. I don't know why I do this...I just don't like things flying in my face.

#30 Peasblossom

EVP

• GS Member
  • 77 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 04:59 AM

all I can say is  confused0068.gif   Picture 483.gif  cwy.gif
when ghost hunting its not the dark or the ghost, but that cursed spider you know is there

#31 cvparanormal

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, urban free ride (urban BTB), gaming and etc.<br /><br />

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:10 PM

QUOTE(ellsbeth @ Jan 21 2008, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Y'all never seen a Florida Banana Spider---heck.  Big as my palm. We have "wolf spiders" too, a type of tarantula. Spiders are not bad unless they are brown recluse----then be careful!!!

Quick correction... ( know this is an old post but...) Wolf spiders are not in the Tarantula family, sorry Im only commenting since I am a Tarantula keeper smile.gif

#32 Guest_ghost_1245_*

• Guests

Posted 30 October 2009 - 11:22 AM

WOOOOOWWW!  Instead of being scared of these spiders I was shocked in amazement.. I was saying to myself "look at those legs". I was not scared which was odd since I am scared of most spiders when I see them in real life.  laugh.gif

#33 cvparanormal

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, urban free ride (urban BTB), gaming and etc.<br /><br />

Posted 30 October 2009 - 03:50 PM

QUOTE(ghost_1245 @ Oct 30 2009, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WOOOOOWWW!  Instead of being scared of these spiders I was shocked in amazement.. I was saying to myself "look at those legs". I was not scared which was odd since I am scared of most spiders when I see them in real life.  laugh.gif

Well my employer wanted something light hearted for me to blog about so they thought a Tarantula would be a good thing (I work for a pest control company), me at the time being arachnophobic I was scared to death. After unpacking that furry lil girl I kinda cured my phobia instantly! now that the Blog hype is long gone I have taken in her as my own and now I have 3 smile.gif they awe WAY diffrent than the black widow and other common spiders, I cant stand them and step on them every chance I get.

Tarantulas are pretty amazing and alot of people do not know this but are extremely fragile, a fall from 6 inches will create a bad injury, from a foot it will kill em sad.gif all 3 I handle often and are very gentle smile.gif Tarantulas are not scary at all..its the black widows and brown recluses ya gotta worry about!

#34 cvparanormal

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 03:59 PM

QUOTE(vegankjh @ Feb 23 2008, 07:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok, first off, that is soooo not the biggest spider out there. I don't know how to post links and videos and all that , but go to youtube and look up Goliath Bird EAting Tarantula. Thhose suckers are HUGE....as big as a dinner palte. 12 inch leg span. THAT"S BIG!! I'm the animal person in the family. Read up alot on those guys. Alot of sites say that they don't actually eat birds....but technically they are wrong. they will eat birds, the baby birds in nests. It's hard for them to climb up trees tho b/c of their large size and weight.
People can and do keep the Goliath as pets. Why, I just don't know. They are very very aggressive spiders. They have tiny hairs on their back legs that get stuck to your skin if they are provoked. *I forget what they call it when they do that....!* But yeah, scary Mo-Fos. I sure wouldn't want to mess with it...and I lvoe animals....of all types. Except birds and anything that resembles a monkey or Ape. Yeah, other than that.  

Where I live we have Wolf Spiders. They used to climb all over my bed when I was younger bc I'd leave my window oopen at night. Ugh. I've had em crawl down my arms, my back, everywhere. Sneaky lil creatures. They get to be bout as big as your palm. Not too bad scary. I worry bout my lil boyh picking one up this summer. I mean they are everywhere!!
Speaking of spiders....I am terrified of......Grand Daddy Long Legs!! I hate those things. I used to have panic attacks around them. And, lucky me, we get them out here too. Everywhere. I hate them. I kill them when I can...and by that I mean, when I'm brave enough to go near them. I usually run in the house and get wasp or hornet spray and douse them with it. They give me the creeps. And I don't know why. I know I hate them...and they usually don't live long around me.

I have a few friends that have Goliath's, they are VERY aggressive! both have told me stories about them being escape artists and have had them wondering around their homes NO THANK YOU!!! I stick to "New World" Tarantulas! they flick hairs before they reach up to give you a hug smile.gif I currently own a G.Rosea (Chilean Rose Hair - Adult Female - 6 inches), A Aphenophelma New River Rust Rump (Juvinile) and the impressive teddy bear of all Tarantulas the G. Pulchra, its a baby smile.gif all extremely docile smile.gif

#35 mainemom207

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts
  • Interests:History of places, haunted or not..
    Love cooking and making new things and new recipes are always fun! And well.. Love Cemeteries and Folklore and Love to hear of the History of the United States as well as Abroad.. which has a vast history all by itself!

Posted 30 October 2009 - 04:29 PM

now i will not be able to sleep tonite bad enough the spiders are coming in to our homes in Maine including the wonderful Brown Recluse.. but because it is cold outside they are making their homes with us!
And yes I could bomb if i want to clean EVERYTHING! which I don't ..
So i don't and I just watch out in my bed and watch for spider webs ewww...i hate spiders they can play outside just not in my house!
That and the things my cat decides to bring into the house ewwww!

My Signature
Interested in spirits and the history of places..
Peace and Blessings, Lynne'

Posted Image

#36 Creature man

The Everchanging User

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Interests:Please, Do I need to answer that??

Posted 17 November 2009 - 02:37 PM

Man, that camel spider is SCARY!
My Signature
I like the part where it went "WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP"

Skullcandy is awesome, I got new headphones(finally!!)!

#37 isolakitten

Orb

• GS Member
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 03:02 PM

Picture 518.gif EHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Edited by isolakitten, 21 April 2010 - 03:24 PM.

#38 altamont-paranormal

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 12:01 PM

QUOTE(RoseIsRain @ Jan 21 2008, 02:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aww, I'm a spider/tarantula lover.  As long as you show respect, they can be very interesting.
I've had a couple of pet tarantulas. No noise, no smell, cheap to feed, easy clean-up.  As long as you know what you're doing, they are just about the perfect pet.  Cute and fuzzy, too.

Agreed! What ya got and how many LOL!! I have these:

G. Rosea
G. Pulchra
B. albopilosum
Aphenaphelma New River rust rump

I love those fuzzy lil ones!

My Signature
Lead Investigator: Altamont Paranormal
Co-Founder: Tracy Paranormal

#39 ChildofTwo

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Interests:Spiritualism
    Spirit Guides
    Spirits
    Ghosts
    Haunted Places/People
    History
    Movies
    Reading
    Drawing/Sketching

Posted 17 May 2010 - 08:46 AM

After viewing some videos for fun about the little (or big) things that make me cringe, I've decided to post this video that I would personally state is 'worse than a screamer ever could be.' Except there's no screaming; just a HUGE spider catching its prey. blink.gif

Here's the link if you can handle it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWS04I80L3Q
Do try to watch all of it to get the full impact of the video.

#40 JLynne37

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Photography-Black and White
    Music
    Art
    People
    Anything that deals with being outdoors

Posted 20 October 2016 - 06:10 PM

Ok i dont dare look at the links because I'm petrified of those disgusting, hairy, 8 legged monsters. I freeze everytime I see one, it's insane
My Signature
*Jessica Lynne, a Sensitive and an Empath*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com