8 replies to this topic

#1 gothikstorm

gothikstorm

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 10:46 AM

Hi all,

Just wondering if anybody's had, can relate to, or can offer insight into the following experiences:

- Suddenly becoming overwhelmed with morbid fear, and subsequently having an image in your mind
- Having the image visibly manifest in close proximity to you
- Hearing a distinctive 'impact' sound immediately before seeing the image
- Seeing faces on walls, screens and monitors

#2 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:14 PM

I have imagery... No manifestations of such though.

#3 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 05:46 PM

Hello and welcome to the boards.  

It sounds like you have had some troubling experiences and I am grateful I haven't experienced the things you are asking about here.

However, the only explanation other than the paranormal I know of is: I remember watching a documentary where they were looking at how fear from isolation and a dark environment can even make a skeptic start hearing, feeling and seeing things that weren't real. Or how watching horror movies can lead the mind into all sorts of frightening images once the lights are off at night.
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#4 Grisner

Grisner

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 07:39 PM

While I certainly believe in the paranormal and do not doubt what you say I must stress that the paranormal should not be your first thoughts. I know it can be difficult but I think you should see a doctor and look for a medical reason. Even a minor neurological condition can greatly affect how you perceive the world around you. It is amazing how easily we can become temporarily imbalanced due to stress, drug use (even legal drugs) and the like. Getting an evaluation is your best first response to this.

#5 gothikstorm

gothikstorm

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 06:09 AM

Thanks for the responses.

I do suppose that I ought to first try to pinpoint a neurological/psychological cause for the experiences. Perhaps my mind is playing tricks; I do read a lot of horror books :/

#6 jlemich

jlemich

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Playing with my dogs.
    Drinking wine LOL
    Learning more about
    the paranormal...

Posted 21 February 2015 - 11:07 AM

View Postgothikstorm, on 21 February 2015 - 06:09 AM, said:

Thanks for the responses.

I do suppose that I ought to first try to pinpoint a neurological/psychological cause for the experiences. Perhaps my mind is playing tricks; I do read a lot of horror books :/

Although that a medical reason should be your first stop, I wouldn't completely rule out a paranormal reason as well. My fiance sees and hears the paranormal and a lot of people who are " believers " do not beleive in him. And he has had countless evaluations...

#7 JohnWhite

JohnWhite

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 179 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 12:50 PM

I'm not sure there's much utility in 'ruling in' the possibility of the paranormal until you have ruled out the much more likely mundane factors.  Aside from it not being scientifically sound, it can simply pile on stress to think there are spirits or entities of some description manifesting around you.  That's not a pleasant thought for most people and is a lot to weigh on your mind when it could just be a combination of eye strain and dehydration.

To the OP, I'd suggest when such things occur to take stock of your environment, situation and what you have been doing for the past few minutes.  See if you can find a pattern.  Maybe it happens in the evening right after a glass of wine, or maybe it happens after you have been working on your computer for five hours without a break, or maybe it happens in a room your pet (if you have one) stays away from.

#8 gothikstorm

gothikstorm

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 09:32 AM

Thanks again for the feedback.

I do think it would be helpful to record certain things, e.g. activities, and see if there is indeed a pattern or relation to the experiences. However, I will also keep an open mind in regard of the possibility that the experiences are of a paranormal nature.

#9 Raven Hexx

Raven Hexx

EVP

• GS Member
  • 75 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 06:47 PM

What you have described can be attributed to an anxiety attack. Please go and see your doctor.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: apparition, ghost, hand, EVP, sound