• Please log in to reply
226 replies to this topic

#41 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,590 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 21 May 2007 - 09:05 AM

believer1991:I do wonder though if what you are experiencing could be poltergeist related?
Hi believer, I think could be possible, but these things have been going on, for almost forty(40) years. Also, I experienced things at my aunts and uncle's houses.

Three of my aunts lived together in their childhood home. Shortly after my aunt Peggy died of cancer, my aunt Patty and I could feel her presence. We would feel and hear her walk down the stairs, cross the living-room and enter the kitchen. I always felt uneasy going near the stairs. I always felt like I was being watched, even before aunt Peggy passed. Then there is my uncle Sparky's house. I hated to go up the stairs to use the bathroom. The attic door was at the top of the stairs on the left-hand side. The bathroom was on the right. I could not stand the attic door, neither could my mother. She always had the same feeling as I.  

lilypad: But one night, I was reading in bed and heard a single, loud, masculine voice coming through the fan that clearly said my name and my sister's name very fast one after the other, the way our grandfather used to b/c he couldn't tell us apart.

Wow lilypad, It could have been your grandfather checking in on you.

Edited by MacCionoadha' Bean-Sidhe, 21 May 2007 - 09:07 AM.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#42 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,590 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 28 May 2007 - 09:03 AM

Well, last night or should I say early this morning, I heard something new. I was lying on the couch out on the porch. When I say porch, I mean that it was an outdoor porch, but we converted it into another room by putting walls up in place of the screens. Any way I digress, as I was lying out on the porch, I breathed a loud sigh. As soon as I did, not more than a second after, I heard some one else sigh. It sounded deep, like a man sighing. It also, sounded loud as if he was right next to the couch. The only other person in the house at that time was my mother and she was in her room asleep, with the door closed. Needless to say, I was spooked. I heard the voices coming through the filter system again. I am still not able to understand the majority of the words, but I did hear a male voice distinctly say the words, 'not sure'. This happened two days ago. I wonder, what was he 'not sure' about?

On this past Saturday, my mother was alone in the house, as I and the rest of the family went to a pow-wow in Marshfield. While she was down in the basement/cellar, she heard foot steps up above. She thought we had come home early , but it was not us. She went upstairs to find out why we had come home so soon, only to discover that no one was there. She shrugged it off and went back downstairs. She was down there only fifteen minutes when she heard the footsteps again. So, she came back upstairs and again no one was around. She went back down and again not long after she hears the footsteps again, this time she had enough and did not go back upstairs to check. She mentioned this to me after my brother had dropped me off from the pow-wow.

I wonder what my niece and I will experience, while we are alone in the house, after my mother has left for California?

Edited by MacCionoadha' Bean-Sidhe, 28 May 2007 - 09:08 AM.

Posted Image

My Shop

#43 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,590 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 09:06 AM

Hello,

The past three mornings at 5:35AM,  I have been hearing some rapping's. There are two distinct raps, sounding as if someone is rapping there knuckles on wood, then a pause, then one more rap. The last rap happens about ten minutes after the first two and is much softer in sound. This morning I think it only rapped once. I am not too sure, because I had started to sneeze when the rapping's occurred. Thus, I was only able to hear one rap. I wonder if it was only one rap, if it was just winding down or if it was taking pity on me. I have had a pounding headache for two days now. It would be nice to think it was being polite. smile.gif

I was remembering a situation, that happened about two years ago. My sister had undergone stomach by-pass surgery and was staying with us while she recovered. She was sleeping in my mother's bedroom, while my mother slept on the couch on the porch. My sister recently told us that while she slept in my mother's room, she felt as if our father had visited her. She distinctly smelled his aftershave, while she was resting in the bedroom. My father passed away many years ago, almost sixteen years, and my mother does not have any of his clothes or toiletries left in the house. She is lucky he had visited her, for I had not experienced a visit from him, when I had a serious illness. I miss him.

I heard the voice, sounding like my mother, call my name again and my mother heard someone, again sounding like myself, call her too. I definitely, what sounded like my mother's call my name. When I went to my mother's room and asked she said she did not call me. It sure likes to play pranks on us. My mothers summer hand bag has gone missing. She put it in her bedroom closet in the fall and it is not there now. She took everything out of the closet, just to make sure, she just did not see it.  Hmmm... I wonder when it will turn up. When this kind of thing happens, the object usually turns up... eventually. One time my wallet went missing, I know I had left it on the buffet table. When I went to pick it up again, it was gone. It disappeared in the space of one minute. I found it six months later, on the tool bench, in the basement.

Well I best be off, I will write more as they occur or when I remember things. Bye.

Edited by MacCionoadha' Bean-Sidhe, 01 June 2007 - 09:19 AM.

Posted Image

My Shop

#44 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,590 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 04:25 AM

Sorry I have not posted lately, I have been ill. I did do the 'Frankie experiment'. It was quite interesting.

I was alone in the house, my sister and niece were away at work. I put new batteries into Frankie and set him out on top of two boxes, behind the couch in the living-room. At 2:36 pm I turned him on and went into the porch, so as not to be in his line of sight, he played out is song and shut off. Here are the times when he turned on: 2:50, 2:55, 2:56, 2:58, 2:59, 3:00, 3:02, 3:06, 3:07, 3:08, 3:09, 3:11, and 4:29 pm. I had to turn him off 4:30 pm, when company came over, unexpectedly.

I have not tried the experiment again due to illness, but I will try again, when I am feeling better.  

My niece has experienced some things when alone in the house. I had left with my sister, she was dropping me off at my place of work on her way to her workplace, about five minutes prior. My niece heard some rustling in the living-room. My sister had left some trash bags filled with clothes in the living-room, next to my mother's doorway, where my niece was sleeping. She said it sounded like someone had opened the bag and was rifling through it. She also heard what sounded like footsteps a few days prior to this incident, again when she was alone in the house.

I had a strange incident with my sister's moccasins. She had put them in the dining-room in front of the window to dry. They were upside-down facing the window when we left in the morning. When I came home that afternoon, they were askew. I thought maybe my niece had kicked them by accident. I then went downstairs in the basement to do some laundry, when I heard some noise upstairs. I went to check and found that the moccasins had moved again, this time one of them had moved perpendicular to the other one. I then moved them side by side and left the room. Later, I went back in to get something out of the pantry, which is next to the dining-room window, and I noticed that one of them had moved away from the other, again. This time it had moved back, about one foot away, from the other. This time, I left them as they were, I wanted to show my niece, when she got home. I asked her and my sister if they had stopped by here, while I was doing laundry, they said no. I know that no one had been in the house, because I had locked the inside and outside doors, front and back. You can not unlock the screen doors from the outside.

I will post more later, as things happen.

Edited by MacCionoadha' Bean-Sidhe, 22 June 2007 - 04:29 AM.

Posted Image

My Shop

#45 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,590 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 04:01 PM

Hello, I am sorry for not updating as of late. I am still not well.  I spent 4 days in the hospital. I am not sure when I will be one hundred percent. Well, where to begin.

My niece does not like to be alone in the house, because of an incident with the bathroom door. She came out of the bathroom and opened the door completely and left it like that. A few minutes later she returned to the living-room and noticed the door was partially closed. She shrugged it off and opened it wide again. Later she noticed it was partially closed again.  There is no draft in the house, we have everything locked tight, due to having the air conditioners on. Also, no one had opened the front and back doors. I also had a run in with the bathroom door. It was late in the evening and I was watching television in the dark. All that was on was the Television and the night light in the bathroom. I was seated in a chair, to the left of the television. The bathroom was across the room and about ten feet away. The night light cast a glow that softly lit the bathroom door. As I was watching the television, I noticed from the corner of my eye a shadow silhouetted against the bathroom door. It was just 6 inches shorter than the height of the door. I quickly did a double take, literally, and when I looked straight on it disappeared. After a few minutes, I was calm enough to return to watching the show.

My niece is hearing the voices more, lately. She can not understand what they are saying either.  It seems to happen to her, when I am not around. They seem to wait, until someone is alone to start up. I heard a women call out my name, while I was on the computer. She sounded, as if she was in the living-room, just outside the sewing/computer room. Oh, I almost forgot. My niece saw, after I went to work, a small ball of light. She was sitting on the couch in the living-room and she saw a light out of the corner of her eye. When she turned her head she saw the light anomaly. It flashed in the kitchen, then disappeared.

I will post more as things happen.

Posted Image

My Shop

#46 Augustine

Augustine

Escaped Lunatic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,566 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 04:17 PM

I can't remember whether or not you have tried setting up a video cam/webcam and tried recording.  I know that the thought is probably pretty creepy and unsettling, but if it were me, I think curiosity might win out...

I hope that you feel better soon!

#47 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,590 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 05:24 PM

Unfortunately, I do not have either. I need to save up for one(camcorder), but my brother said, he would get me a webcam. I am not sure how that would work with my computer. It is a 1998 Gateway, windows 98, 32 gig hard drive and 64MB RAM, with dial-up. That is not a good combination. My computer is so slow, when I up/down load. I was looking at mini digital audio recorders. I have been thinking of try my hand at EVP recording. I just have to save up for that as well.

Edited by MacCionoadha' Bean-Sidhe, 18 July 2007 - 05:24 PM.

Posted Image

My Shop

#48 jebedunk

jebedunk

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 09:31 AM

QUOTE(MacCionoadha' Bean-Sidhe @ Jul 18 2007, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Unfortunately, I do not have either. I need to save up for one(camcorder), but my brother said, he would get me a webcam. I am not sure how that would work with my computer. It is a 1998 Gateway, windows 98, 32 gig hard drive and 64MB RAM, with dial-up. That is not a good combination. My computer is so slow, when I up/down load. I was looking at mini digital audio recorders. I have been thinking of try my hand at EVP recording. I just have to save up for that as well.

I think it'd be a good idea to try getting an EVP at your house.  Your stories are fascinating by the way.  But I was just going to say that I have been looking into digital audio recorders and I don't really know anything about which one is best and all, but I noticed at Wal-Mart they have an RCA one for 30 dollars, and  Sony one for 40 dollars that records up to 37 hours... That seems like a good starting point to me.

#49 DGKCJ

DGKCJ

Apport

• GS Member
  • 61 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 05:30 PM

QUOTE(AugustineGStudy @ Jul 18 2007, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't remember whether or not you have tried setting up a video cam/webcam and tried recording.  I know that the thought is probably pretty creepy and unsettling, but if it were me, I think curiosity might win out...

I hope that you feel better soon!

I totally agree! Keep us posted!  smile.gif

#50 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,590 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 11:11 AM

Well, here I am sitting in front of my computer. As I am reading peoples posts, in the forums, about halfway through a post I hear, someone walking in my attic. They sound as if, they are above me, to the left and about five feet away. I nearly jumped out of my chair.

I saw something through the kitchen window, as I was washing the dishes. All I could see was a white shape, that had to have been at least six feet high. That would be the only way, for me to be able see it from the window. the window sill is five feet and a half, from the ground. It looked to be someone standing at the kitchen doorstep, so I went and looked out the door's window and there was not a soul to be seen. So, I went back to the sink and saw it again. This continued for the duration of my washing the dishes. It was a bit disconcerting to say the least.

I think it'd be a good idea to try getting an EVP at your house. Your stories are fascinating by the way. But I was just going to say that I have been looking into digital audio recorders and I don't really know anything about which one is best and all, but I noticed at Wal-Mart they have an RCA one for 30 dollars, and Sony one for 40 dollars that records up to 37 hours... That seems like a good starting point to me.

About the  Picture 510.gif  web camera and digital audio recorder, they will have to wait until after I get back from my brother's wedding. Due to my being ill, I am unable to work a full shift(thirty hours) and so, I can only work sixteen hours. In so doing, I only make eigthy dollars a week. So, thirty or forty dollars is a lot of money for me, right now.

My brother, who lives in Massachusetts, is paying for my plane fare to California(man, I love my brothers). I can not wait till Wednesday,  when I leave for sunny and dry California. To think, a week of blissful quiet. No bangs, bumps, thumps, creaks, lights, shadows, or voices. Just pure peace and tranquility.  yahoo.gif

Well, I am off to peruse more topics.  innocent0005.gif

Edited by MacCionoadha' Bean-Sidhe, 05 August 2007 - 08:07 AM.

Posted Image

My Shop

#51 Augustine

Augustine

Escaped Lunatic

• GS Member
  • 16,566 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 03:15 PM

I don't remember if I or anyone else asked this already, but have you considered contacting a paranormal investigation team to come check out the house?

#52 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,590 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 08:15 AM

I have thought about it, but my mother is not too keen on the idea. She is a very private person. When I am out in California, I will try to convince her to allow an investigative team in. My niece wants me to contact T. A. P. S., because she has a crush on Steve Gonzales. I told her, that is all they need, to be investigating and have her hanging about and shadowing Steve... laugh.gif

Edited by MacCionoadha' Bean-Sidhe, 17 August 2007 - 10:33 AM.

Posted Image

My Shop

#53 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,590 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 10:45 AM

I am back from California. I arrived home late on Tuesday evening and so far, I have not heard a peep from the house. It could be, that I have been just too tired to notice. I did not get much sleep at my brother's house. I stayed there with my mother, two brothers, sister,  her fiance and my niece. My brother R_ had one bedroom and my sister and her fiance had the other one. The rest of us slept in the living-room. My mother slept on the love seat, my niece on the small couch, I on the large couch and my brother E_ slept on the air mattress. For one, the couch was not comfortable, and second, my brother E_ and my niece(his daughter) snore like all get out. Just as I start to drift off, they would start snoring up a storm, needless to say I did not get much rest deep sigh. laugh.gif So much for a quiet and restful vacation looks wistful.

I will keep you abreast of any changes, i.e. when and if things start up again. Hugs to all.

Edited by MacCionoadha' Bean-Sidhe, 17 August 2007 - 10:50 AM.

Posted Image

My Shop

#54 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,590 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 09:26 AM

Things have started up again. On Wednesday, I heard a voice or sound? It sounded almost like a huff. You know like a combination of a hmm and a snort. I was sitting in the high-back chair watching television, when I heard it coming from my right side. I was alone in the house at them time. It is very disconcerting to hear a sound like that, when you know you are alone. I just do not know what the sound was meant for... was it showing displeasure in me or a comment on what I was watching? I was watching Sylvia Brown on the Montel Williams Show. Everybody is a critic. laugh.gif

This morning as I was relaxing in bed, before rising and making breakfast, I heard a popping sound and then footsteps. The footsteps sounded as if someone was walking from the doorway of the porch, around the back of the couch, behind the chair to the bathroom, then from the bathroom to the fireplace, then back the way it came, to stop in front of the porch doorway. As you all know, I have been sleeping on the fold out couch on the porch, I have a clear view of the doorway. There was no one there or at least, no one I could see. Picture 562.gif

Well, that is all for now. I will post more as it happens.

Edited by MacCionoadha' Bean-Sidhe, 19 September 2007 - 08:57 AM.

Posted Image

My Shop

#55 Augustine

Augustine

Escaped Lunatic

• GS Member
  • 16,566 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE(MacCionoadha' Bean-Sidhe @ Aug 25 2007, 01:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
On Wednesday, I heard a voice or sound? It sounded almost like a huff. You know like a combination of a hmm and a snort. I was sitting in the high-back chair watching television, when I heard it coming from my right side. I was alone in the house at them time. It is very disconcerting to hear a sound like that, when you know you are alone. I just do not know what the sound was meant for... was it showing displeasure in me or a comment on what I was watching? I was watching Sylvia Brown on the Montel Williams Show.

I would have sighed too!   th_sarcastic_blum.gif

#56 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,590 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 06:29 AM

laugh.gif Is that a sigh of displeasure I hear, Augustine or do you like Sylvia?

Edited by MacCionoadha' Bean-Sidhe, 26 August 2007 - 06:29 AM.

Posted Image

My Shop

#57 Augustine

Augustine

Escaped Lunatic

• GS Member
  • 16,566 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE(MacCionoadha' Bean-Sidhe @ Aug 26 2007, 10:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
laugh.gif Is that a sigh of displeasure I hear, Augustine or do you like Sylvia?

I'm not a fan of daytime talk shows, period.  I'm not a huge fan of Sylvia either, but I don't mind her as much as I do these programs.  Just not my cuppa Joe.   wink.gif

#58 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,590 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 06:11 AM

Last night as I was awake in my bed reading, I heard something fall in the house. It sounded as if it had fallen nearby the porch. I got up and looked, checking every room except my mothers. When I finally got to the kitchen, I turned on the lights and spotted that a jar of peanut butter had fallen out of the pantry and was about two feet away from it. Now I heard it fall, but not roll. Any way it creeped me out a bit, because I had set it firmly down on the shelf earlier.

Just now I heard what sounded like papers being flung about. I got up and checked the whole house and there are no blown about papers. The sound was so loud, as if it happened just outside the sewing/computer room door. I can see my old bedroom, reflected on the television in the living room, from my computer desk. From it, I can see a shadow peering out and then shying back out of sight in my bed room. I AM NOT GOING TO INVESTIGATE IT... no.gif I am all alone in the house. I do not want to encounter it on my own.

I may be away for a while. I am going in for surgery on the 17th. and I am not sure how I will feel. I might not be well enough to be sitting up at the computer. I will keep posting until then. Oh great, I just heard a chuckle from the other room. Oh man... this is so not cool right now. I am signing off of this thread for now. I will be back later.

Edited by MacCionoadha' Bean-Sidhe, 12 September 2007 - 06:12 AM.

Posted Image

My Shop

#59 Augustine

Augustine

Escaped Lunatic

• GS Member
  • 16,566 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 10:08 PM

QUOTE(MacCionoadha' Bean-Sidhe @ Sep 12 2007, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can see my old bedroom, reflected on the television in the living room, from my computer desk. From it, I can see a shadow peering out and then shying back out of sight in my bed room. I AM NOT GOING TO INVESTIGATE IT... no.gif I am all alone in the house. I do not want to encounter it on my own.

Oh great, I just heard a chuckle from the other room. Oh man... this is so not cool right now. I am signing off of this thread for now. I will be back later.

Sounds like your guest is a bit of a prankster or at least has a mischevious sense of humor.  You might want to make it clear that you would prefer that you have a quiet and uneventful recovery and ask that it give you some rest during that time!  (I don't blame you for feeling creeped out while alone.)

#60 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,590 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 04:20 PM

Thank you, Augustine. I will ask it to respect my sensibilities, while I am recovering. Hopefully it will.(finger's crossed)

Posted Image

My Shop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users