• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Lamfada

Lamfada

Orb

• GS Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 04:31 PM

In a nice irony, I been a ghost hunter for a good number of years, but the most remarkable ghost experience I’ve ever had was completely spontaneous and came out of no where.
I lived for a number of years in a little Apt complex about 5 miles from where I teach.  Much of the drive was on quiet county roads.  The road I lived on was twisting. About half a mile from my home there was a 90 degree curve, so that for a while I drove toward an empty field.  The field appeared bo be an old cattle lot. About an acre, it had a cattle-gate, and was fenced with barbed wire.  At the time the fence posts were rotting down and the field was full of weeds and tall grass.  It was completely disused.  No one ever went there

So it was that on a grey, cold, rainy morning about February I was astonished to see someone in the old field.  I was driving straight toward the field, as I did every morning, going to work about 7:30 am.

What I saw was a person. Because of the surprise, I paid great attention.   As I say, I’d never seen anyone in that field, and early in the morning in bad weather was a surprise indeed.  The figure appeared to be short—maybe 5 ft tall, and rather heavy in build. I can’t say if it was a man or a woman, for the figure was completely covered by clothes, but my intuition says it was an older woman

“She” wore a grey sweat suit, rather too large, so that it hung in folds.  She was standing at a right angle to me, the hood up, so that I never saw a face.  “She” was bending over, one hand extended toward the ground, as though searching for something on the ground.

After a moment, the figure seemed to hear the sound of my engine, and began to straighten up, and turn to look my way.  Then, for an instant, the figure went transparent, like an effect in a bad movie, and disappeared in an instant.

I was astonished; I realized I’d just seen a ghost.  There was nothing to do, so I drove on.  The figure didn’t run away, hide or any such thing—just wet transparent, the vanished entirely.
Later, I asked around among people who had lived in the neighborhood longer than I—no one knew anything about the field, not even who owned. I drove by there nearly every day for a total of 7 years, but that was the only time I ever saw anyone—dead or alive—in that field

#2 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

Don't Mess With Me

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,295 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 29 May 2017 - 06:43 PM

That is an awesome and unnerving encounter at the same time. Can or have you been able to research the tax records or deeds to the property? Can you find out who owns it now? It would be interesting to try & piece it together. Thank you for posting this!!

#3 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 05:54 AM

Wow that is awesome :) Thanks for sharing
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#4 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,227 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 30 May 2017 - 06:21 AM

A rare event indeed.... seeing a ghost that long is pretty amazing.  :)  ..........I would be watching that field closely from now on.  B)
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#5 Lamfada

Lamfada

Orb

• GS Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 03:28 PM

I never went beyond asking around among older neighbors--perhaps I should have.  I did keep an eye on the Field after seeing the Ghost.  It was about a half a mile from where I lived--and many an evening I walked out there and looked long and curiously into the Field--saw nothing

I did in fact sneak into the Field on a quiet Sunday afternoon a few weeks after seeing ths Apparition.  I know, I shouldn't have done it--it was trespassing.  But I took a recorder with me.  I think I found the spot where I saw the figure, within a few feet at least, and I serched the spot where it seemed to be looking for something.  Found nothing.  Got nothing on the recorder.

I did wander into the dense thicket behind the open Field.  There was, I discovered, a little abandoned house back there.  Didn't seem to be particularly old.  The door was open, but I didn't have the nerve to go in.

A few years later, I moved away, though I now live only about 5 miles away

#6 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 07:30 PM

I wonder who lived in the house? Very interesting :)
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users