Old Lady Head!

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#1 tonyay

tonyay

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:music, paranormal, traveling, horror movies, books, animals, environment;

Posted 12 July 2008 - 09:53 AM

http://i34.tinypic.com/1605sp1.jpg

bigger photo;  http://i33.tinypic.com/mi2yo1.jpg

My aunt was looking for a new house in Mississippi and this was one of the houses they were looking at. The realiter stated that he was alone in the house at the time. He didnt notice the face in the picture until he uploaded them on his computer and he was stunned. Also, there are about 2 orbs in the top right corner. My aunt ended up not buying the house, im not sure if its because of this or other reasons; I havent asked. :)sorrrrryyyyy ignore this one!i dont know how to delete it -_-sorrrrryyyyy ignore this one!i dont know how to delete it -_-sorrrrryyyyy ignore this one!i dont know how to delete it -_-

Edited by tonyay, 12 July 2008 - 10:03 AM.

#2 Pattycake

Pattycake

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • 280 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 09:54 AM

Here's the link: photobucket

I can see what you are referring to, but the pic is kinda blurry and small, so it's hard for me to decide if it is just an illusion because of items on the piece of furniture are blurred or not.

#3 petunia4998

petunia4998

Incubus

• GS Member
  • 801 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 02:26 PM

That woman looks an awful lot like a fleshie to me, but I'm not the best judge of things.  She just seems too solid to me.  I can't wait to hear what others have to say.  bunny.gif

#4 ScotiaSprits

ScotiaSprits

Banshee

• GS Member
  • 189 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 05:00 PM

The orbs kinda look like dirt on the camera lens... As for the face, its creepy looking! It looks kind of solid, maybe a mask...? Scary looking none the less! smile.gif

Posted Image

#5 hrb5711

hrb5711

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 07:51 PM

That is a real person. The realtor must be confused. Look at the bed, it isn't made, it has been slept in, there are personal items in the picture. I am saying that is a real person, the house looks like someone lives there. The orbs are just dust or something, but I never buy into orbs.

Good picture to show you need to look at the entire picture rather than just the "ghost" in it.

#6 stampingchick

stampingchick

Banshee

• GS Member
  • 171 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 09:12 PM

Okay, not saying it's not a fleshie and she could be sitting on a bench or something, BUT

The head appears to be floating a few inches above a dresser....?  If it's a fleshie, where's the body....?

BTW~ I assume we're all talking about the thing on the right edge that looks like it's wearing glasses?

Posted Image

Thank you Ghosthuntersluvr75for my siggy!!!

http://www.kscakes.c...k-iz-broked1-2/

#7 brainstoo64

brainstoo64

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 09:27 PM

That isn't a picture where the lady's head appears - it's a doorway.  The woman is entering the room through the doorway and most of her body is blocked by the dresser.  You can see her right shoulder and the lower part of her right arm.  Fleshie - and realtor is full of crapola.

Edited by brainstoo64, 12 July 2008 - 09:29 PM.

#8 tonyay

tonyay

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:music, paranormal, traveling, horror movies, books, animals, environment;

Posted 12 July 2008 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE(hrb5711 @ Jul 12 2008, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is a real person. The realtor must be confused. Look at the bed, it isn't made, it has been slept in, there are personal items in the picture. I am saying that is a real person, the house looks like someone lives there. The orbs are just dust or something, but I never buy into orbs.

Good picture to show you need to look at the entire picture rather than just the "ghost" in it.

well of course someone lives there. well why would the realiter lie about someone being at the house and be creeped out himself if he WANTED to sell the house? thats not the best way to sell a house by having people looking into buying it believe it was haunted and such.

#9 hrb5711

hrb5711

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE(tonyay @ Jul 12 2008, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well of course someone lives there. well why would the realiter lie about someone being at the house and be creeped out himself if he WANTED to sell the house? thats not the best way to sell a house by having people looking into buying it believe it was haunted and such.

Look I'm not saying he lied about it. I am just saying he was mistaken, that's all. The picture is just so easy to debunk. The women is standing in a doorway so she is mostly blocked by the dresser. It does look to me like her left hand is on the dresser. Well if he was showing your aunt house and decided to bust out the "oh yeah it's haunted by the way" comment doesn't seem like a great sales pitch to me. The whole story sounds fishy to me.

My opinion, it's a real person.

#10 Lil

Lil

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • 101 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 11:36 PM

The orbs are easy to explain: light reflection. As for the head this is what came to my mind when I looked at it is a wig manneqiun with glasses placed on it minus the hair or a shorter type wig. If it is a person they would be pretty short and it looks to me like it is also sitting on the dresser.

A memory lasts forever.
Never does it die.
True friends stay together.
And never say goodbye.
Anonymous

#11 gummblefish

gummblefish

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • 433 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 04:32 AM

In my opinion that is someone entering the room from that doorway. You can see the body below the head off to the side of the dresser. Looks like the shot was taken whilst standing on something or its been cropped.

#12 Qryche33

Qryche33

Daemon

• GS Member
  • 605 posts
  • Interests:Ghosthunting, fishing, watching reality tv.

Posted 13 July 2008 - 01:38 PM

Yep, it looks like the lady is walking into the room.  That realtor was nuts!
user posted image

#13 stampingchick

stampingchick

Banshee

• GS Member
  • 171 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 07:33 PM

She's awful short.  I mean the posts on the bed look like they're about 5'.  If that's true she would be about 3 and a half feet...right?  Not saying it's not possible, just that it would be odd.

But I also may be really bad at judging height from photos...
Is the piece of furniture a chest (about 4 feet tall) or a dresser (like 3 feet tall).  Knowing that would help immensely.
Posted Image

Thank you Ghosthuntersluvr75for my siggy!!!

http://www.kscakes.c...k-iz-broked1-2/

#14 JLKing13

JLKing13

EVP

• GS Member
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:Anything to send shivers down my spine. Latest obsession is reading paranormal romance novels especially anything by Sherrilyn Kenyon.

Posted 13 July 2008 - 07:37 PM

Strangely, it looks like the "ghost" is in a perfect square to me.

#15 Snowlord

Snowlord

Ghoststudy's Official Photo Expert

• GS Member
  • 3,219 posts
  • Interests:Photography ... Chess ... Nature ... Astronomy ... Kicking Butt...stuff like that.

Posted 13 July 2008 - 09:55 PM

The picture is too low quality to be really sure about what it is, but I have no problem with the possibilities that have been mentioned already. Could be a real person ( short or whatever ... ), or even some kind of image. If you can't tell what it is, and what it isn't, then it can't honestly be labeled as paranormal. You would just be guessing.

#16 Ectoplazzum

Ectoplazzum

Incubus

• GS Member
  • 891 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 10:56 PM

Brainstoo64 hit the nail right on the head - it's a fleshie coming through the doorway next to the dresser, and the dresser (probably a highboy, from the looks of it) is obscuring everything but the upper part of the doorway.  The realtor might have thought that he was alone in the house when he took the photo, but he was very mistaken.  There was very obviously someone else in the house with him.

#17 gummblefish

gummblefish

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • 433 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 04:50 AM

QUOTE(stampingchick @ Jul 14 2008, 04:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
She's awful short.  I mean the posts on the bed look like they're about 5'.  If that's true she would be about 3 and a half feet...right?  Not saying it's not possible, just that it would be odd.

But I also may be really bad at judging height from photos...
Is the piece of furniture a chest (about 4 feet tall) or a dresser (like 3 feet tall).  Knowing that would help immensely.

Those posts are higher than 5 foot from what i can judge, that would place the chandaleer at five feet from the ground which would be stupid, it looks like a fairly high ceiling to me, the doors are probably 8 foot to the top. making the person probally 5 foot something. The dresser is probably 4 foot odds. Either way its pretty clear the head isnt floating and its joined to a body that is entering the room from the obvious door way.

#18 champell

champell

Succubus

• GS Member
  • 704 posts
  • Interests:Children<br />Animals<br />Nature<br />Ghosts<br />History

Posted 14 July 2008 - 06:40 AM

Maybe it was an apparition of a woman walking though the doorway...

Champell

Edited by champell, 14 July 2008 - 06:42 AM.

#19 gummblefish

gummblefish

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • 433 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:19 AM

QUOTE(champell @ Jul 14 2008, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Champell

Maybe, or maybe its a woman walking through a doorway. whats more likely? In my expirience it's the later.

#20 XSultryKittenX

XSultryKittenX

Banshee

• GS Member
  • 157 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 09:17 AM

QUOTE(champell @ Jul 14 2008, 10:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Champell

I'm with ya, Champell.  The placement of the woman's head seemed very strange to me, and the orbs added to that effect.  I think that people here are too quick to debunk.  And while I realize that following a path of logic is necessary to get to the bottom of pictures, we can't allow ourselves to be so narrow-minded that we begin denying the possibility of the paranormal.  That is why we're here, right?  Because we believe in the existence of the paranormal?

~Heather
Madeleine:  Oh Scottie. I'm not mad. I'm not mad. I don't want
to die. There's someone within me and she says I must die. Oh Scottie, don't let me go.
Scottie: I'm here. I've got you.
Madeleine: I'm so afraid. Don't leave me. Stay with me.
Scottie: All the time.