• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#21 MortimerGraves

MortimerGraves

Incubus

• GS Member
  • 859 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 05:58 PM

The fuzzy picture is from focus problems, not motion blur. The front of the boat is clear. Autofocus will search for something to latch onto, here the front of the boat so everything behind is out of focus. I don't think the figure is the driver moving and reaching or stand up/sit down. The driver's head is hidden by the figure in front of him. There's the back of the neck and the hair at the top, so I believe the figure is facing the driver.

God Bless

Graves
Who you gonna call?

#22 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 06:27 PM

Agreed, MortimerGraves! ...and what a good explanation... thank you.
so the question then needs to be, what is the figure? The submitter claims that the driver was the only one on the boat.

1. Paranormal..... 2. Submitter was wrong about a second person..... 3. Driver was holding up some strange human like object.

#23 lorac61469

lorac61469

Incubus

• GS Member
  • 832 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 06:38 PM

The arm looks almost too small compared to the leg, like a child's arm.

How old was the boat drivers child that went with him in the small aluminum boat and where was he at the time the photo was snapped?

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 12 September 2015 - 11:45 PM, said:

Mortimer... you're right. The head should be exactly where you placed the X..!  And now that I think about it, you must be right about the 'figure' being in front of the driver with it's back to the camera. Your observation makes sense!

Now I'm wondering about the shadows that are wrapped around the ghostly figure and the man. It seems to go over the shoulder and around the man's knee. And then behind his leg!

Posted Image

The head would not be there, it would be above that, like where roundish object is above the "x".  If it was where the "x" is the boat driver would barely be able to see over the steering wheel.

#24 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 06:50 PM

There were two boats.... they dropped off the submitter's brother-in-law at the drifting boat. And they claim it was just him on that boat. It's hard to determine the full length of the arm by the photo, especially since most of the driver's body is covered by the figure.

Like I said, I did write the submitter and invited him back for his input on all of this. But I think the first few comments showed an unfavorable direction with the photo. So he may have given up on us.

#25 lorac61469

lorac61469

Incubus

• GS Member
  • 832 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 07:01 PM

Posted Image

I think you have your proportions off a bit.

And steering wheel may not be the correct term but steering console maybe.

Edited by lorac61469, 13 September 2015 - 07:26 PM.

#26 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,572 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 13 September 2015 - 07:17 PM

I think what you have circled as the head may be something else, maybe in the background
Posted Image

#27 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 07:39 PM

Posted Image

The hand being closed makes the forearm look even smaller

#28 JetStar

JetStar

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 10:18 PM

I am not sleeping tonight, lol. Cool catch, I thought the ghost was the driver, but that was clarified.

#29 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 11:13 PM

JetStar... it was just a crude attempt to draw in the rest of the driver.  :)
The ghostly figure is actually the tall figure standing at an angle.

#30 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• 1,138 posts
  • Interests:avoiding dumb people...you know, those that believe anything they are told....or found on the net.

Posted 14 September 2015 - 03:57 AM

My brother in law was sitting in the boat and had not moved.  I asked him specifically if he was wearing a black sleeveless shirt.  His response was that he does NOT wear black shirts at the lake nor does he have any sleeveless shirts.  He was the only one in the boat.  No one else was in the boat.  None of the dogs were in the boat.  All the dogs that were there are small lap dogs except my pit bull and he is all white.  My brother in laws son is 14 and he was not in the big boat.  he was in the aluminum boat.  again to be clear.  My brother in law was the only one in the boat.  He does not recall any weird feeling, temperature change or sounds when the picture was taken.  He does remember my wife taking the picture because he gets irritated when she takes so many pictures.  We have gone through all the other pictures she took from that weekend and did not find anything odd in any other pictures.

Thank you to those who edited the picture and outlined the images!!!  Helps to clear up what can be seen in the picture

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 13 September 2015 - 06:50 PM, said:

There were two boats.... they dropped off the submitter's brother-in-law at the drifting boat. And they claim it was just him on that boat. It's hard to determine the full length of the arm by the photo, especially since most of the driver's body is covered by the figure.

Like I said, I did write the submitter and invited him back for his input on all of this. But I think the first few comments showed an unfavorable direction with the photo. So he may have given up on us.
Sorry for my absence.  I have been working 12 hour days.  Thank you for reaching out to me.
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#31 MortimerGraves

MortimerGraves

Incubus

• GS Member
  • 859 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 04:06 AM

lorac61489: If your outline is accurate, the driver would have to have a kid on his lap because the shoulder of that arm is clearly defined. Chief has it more accurately. We shall agree to disagree!

God Bless

Graves
Who you gonna call?

#32 lorac61469

lorac61469

Incubus

• GS Member
  • 832 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 04:59 AM

I think the shoulder is just in shadows.

In the other photo the Jim outlined the torso would be too short compared to the leg and barely tall enough to see over the steering console.

To the OP, what kind of boat is it? (I'm limited on my knowledge of boats, I know bass boat and pontoon boats)  I'd like to search for photos of people sitting behind the wheel for size comparison.

#33 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 07:21 AM

Louczar... welcome back!

Lorac... I drew the outline with the intent of having the driver slightly leaning toward the wheel... making him just a bit shorter. Sorry for the crudity.

#34 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• 1,138 posts
  • Interests:avoiding dumb people...you know, those that believe anything they are told....or found on the net.

Posted 14 September 2015 - 07:30 AM

View Postlorac61469, on 14 September 2015 - 04:59 AM, said:

I think the shoulder is just in shadows.

In the other photo the Jim outlined the torso would be too short compared to the leg and barely tall enough to see over the steering console.

To the OP, what kind of boat is it? (I'm limited on my knowledge of boats, I know bass boat and pontoon boats)  I'd like to search for photos of people sitting behind the wheel for size comparison.

The boat is a 1996 17' Glasstron.  The center window is open and folded over on the passenger side as well

Edited by Louczar, 14 September 2015 - 07:31 AM.

Life is short, enjoy it!

#35 lorac61469

lorac61469

Incubus

• GS Member
  • 832 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 09:26 AM

here is a similar photo I found online

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here you can see the photos together.  Notice in the one I found online where his head is in relation to the metal frame of the window.  If you look at the one the OP posted it is in a very similar spot.

Edited by lorac61469, 14 September 2015 - 09:40 AM.

#36 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• 1,138 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 10:49 AM

I just wanted to add to the thread.  I was (am) the skeptic.  I always said that I would have to be present and see / experience it forst hand to believe it (whatever it is).  This is the closest I have ever been (1 degree of seperation) from anyone who has taken a picture that is sort of scary.  The 1 degree as my wife took the picture and i was not there.  I never expected to see a picture taken by anyone I know that would be this freaky.    Let me reitterate a single point.  My brother in law does not wear black or sleeveless shirts at the lake.
Life is short, enjoy it!

#37 lorac61469

lorac61469

Incubus

• GS Member
  • 832 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 10:58 AM

I would think that he had a life jacket on.  I think that everything is shrouded in shadows that the shirt only appears to be black.  I mean there is really not much color at all in the photo.  If the shirt was anything other than white would appear dark. Are there any other photos from the dock taken around the same time that we could compare it to?

#38 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• 1,138 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 11:56 AM

View Postlorac61469, on 14 September 2015 - 10:58 AM, said:

I would think that he had a life jacket on.  I think that everything is shrouded in shadows that the shirt only appears to be black.  I mean there is really not much color at all in the photo.  If the shirt was anything other than white would appear dark. Are there any other photos from the dock taken around the same time that we could compare it to?

sorry, no other pictures of the dock area.  On the life jacket side, they only have the cheesy light blue nylon type...and they never wear them in the boat.  The life jackets only have to be in the boat.
Life is short, enjoy it!

#39 Snowlord

Snowlord

Ghoststudy's Official Photo Expert

• GS Member
  • 3,219 posts
  • Interests:Photography ... Chess ... Nature ... Astronomy ... Kicking Butt...stuff like that.

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:41 PM

I honestly don't think it is possible to determine anything specific from a picture of this low quality. Barring the submission of other, better quality supporting images, I think all that can be done is offer vague guesses that will likely be wrong in the end.

#40 Themilkmanfromhell

Themilkmanfromhell

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • 221 posts
  • Interests:I'm a crossroads demon. Come make a deal with me and I'll make all your dreams come true.

Posted 14 September 2015 - 03:53 PM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 13 September 2015 - 07:39 PM, said:

Posted Image

The hand being closed makes the forearm look even smaller
The boat drivers head seen above the crude face.I see this as somebody trying put something that's not there because of a poor qaulity of picture.So I see nothing of the ghostly kind in this photo.