Brilliant Shadow Ghost Picture Sent To Me

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 PIT leader

PIT leader

Succubus

• GS Member
  • 793 posts
  • Interests:ghost-hunting,videogames,metal and house music,horror films,comics

Posted 13 June 2016 - 02:31 PM

I was talking to a guy called Haydn who lives in my town and is interested in joining my Paranormal Investigation Team. He shared a photo he'd taken in his garden, when he was on his own. It blew me away as it seems to be a detailed photo of a shadow entity. It's features are striking as they don't look human, especially the hands. I've always thought that ghosts,Aliens and Shadows are linked phenomena (I know Vlawde thinks similarly) and this picture could help prove it.

Posted Image
We have such sights to show you!

IF YOU HAVE TIME, VIEW MY VIDEOS (NOT PARANORMAL) AT   https://www.youtube....cGDuiN3AKqdqNpQ

#2 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,572 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 13 June 2016 - 02:35 PM

Honestly, it looks like motion blur to me, thus the distortion. But who knows?   Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • 4,641 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 13 June 2016 - 02:43 PM

Nice!  Looks like it might be an alien shadow...  Good one, PIT Leader!
Posted Image

#4 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • 1,894 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 13 June 2016 - 02:50 PM

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 13 June 2016 - 02:35 PM, said:

Honestly, it looks like motion blur to me, thus the distortion. But who knows?  

It's definitely motion blur Vlawde. No EXIF data embedded so it's guilty until proven innocent. Then again EXIF data can't be trusted either. There's several data manipulators that can change everything in the properties.
If you look closer you can see a blur in some of the lights and the wind chimes appear to be also blurred. Blurring in images are commonly exaggerated outside the direct perpendicular angle of the lens.

Where's Lorac? ;)

Edited by EVP, 13 June 2016 - 03:04 PM.

Posted Image

#5 Guest_Hudds_*

Guest_Hudds_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2016 - 02:51 PM

PIT Leader, unfortunately that is not a actual shadow entity, it is a motion blur and it appears be from a teenager.
Also, consider what prompted Haydn to take pictures in that location at late afternoon or evening?

Vlawde's speculation is correct.

Edited by Hudds, 13 June 2016 - 02:56 PM.

#6 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 03:28 PM

That is one creepy motion blur image... I love the hand! Maybe without the blur, we might still have something but hard to say.  Posted Image
One thing we do need to consider though, he/it could not have been in too much motion when up against the house.
Where's Lorac?  :)

#7 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • 1,894 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 13 June 2016 - 03:50 PM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 13 June 2016 - 03:28 PM, said:

That is one creepy motion blur image... I love the hand! Maybe without the blur, we might still have something but hard to say.  Posted Image
One thing we do need to consider though, he/it could not have been in too much motion when up against the house.
Where's Lorac?  :)

Just my opinion Jim....I think the hand is a manipulation. The color tones and blurring are very different to the rest of the body. Looking at inconsistencies in images tell stories.

Edited by EVP, 13 June 2016 - 03:53 PM.

Posted Image

#8 lorac61469

lorac61469

Incubus

• GS Member
  • 832 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 04:19 PM

I'd like to see another shot of the yard without the thing.

I wonder if it could be a close up shot of a bird.

But it also looks like the "shadow" is holding a solo cup.

#9 Tantric Kitten

Tantric Kitten

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 05:26 PM

The whole picture is blurred and to me it looks like a slim person wearing something,  maybe a tea towel,  draped over their head with no shirt on. Given the angle of the visible source of light I would expect the person's hands and face to be in shadow as they are.

So we're left with two explanations.   It's someone and he's lying or it is a strong enough,  physical enough manifestation that the light hit it like a person.   When you hear hoofbeats you don't think zebras...
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#10 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 06:32 PM

You're probably right, Evp.... the hand is somehow manipulated or compromised. Otherwise we may have to consider other possibilities, even supernatural.  ;)

Good thinking, Tantric... even more possibilities to think about.

Lorac... do you mean a bird close to the camera?

#11 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • 5,243 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 12:29 AM

The hand part is the best part for me too Jim - if I was going to categorise this I would say alien over shadow person! But motion blur is also the best answer :D
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#12 Woodsmann

Woodsmann

Banshee

• GS Member
  • 153 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:41 AM

View PostEVP, on 13 June 2016 - 02:50 PM, said:

No EXIF data embedded so it's guilty until proven innocent. Then again EXIF data can't be trusted either.

I personally do not rely on EXIF data as an honesty indicator.  Not all cameras embed EXIF data.  Some images can be edited and the EXIF data will remain in tact.  And yes, EXIF data can be manipulated.  EXIF data as created by the camera does not always make it through 3rd parties such as photobucket.

Back to the original subject, there is definite motion blur.  It does look creepy as the size of one hand appears disproportionate to the rest of the body which suggests its not a person.

#13 Woodsmann

Woodsmann

Banshee

• GS Member
  • 153 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:57 AM

View PostHudds, on 14 June 2016 - 03:25 AM, said:

Well, what a strong statement, and also should I say it's "innocent until proven guilty" not usually the other way around.

I'm not purposely trying to pick on EVP, but rather make a general statement that applies to many.

I have found that many skeptics have a similar approach to the paranormal.  Many such skeptics have never had a genuine in person paranormal experience which IMO accounts for much of their negativity.  What I find confusing is many portray themselves as expert paranormal investigators or photo experts or whatever field there is related to the paranormal, while at the same time have never had a genuine in person paranormal experience or viewed a genuine paranormal image.  This is something on the order of a person claiming to be a pilot, an expert aviator, yet having never been near an airplane.

Edited by Woodsmann, 14 June 2016 - 03:57 AM.

#14 Guest_Hudds_*

Guest_Hudds_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2016 - 04:41 AM

PIT Leader, We really do appreciate you sharing apparent pictures of the paranormal.
While, some of  us believe that this picture was created simply by a motion blur, many pictures I came across in the past were not always easy to distinguish between being authentic or fake, it's a mistake easily done. :)

#15 Roxstar

Roxstar

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • 1,155 posts
  • Interests:The paranormal, ghost and after life research, family, music, science, video games. I am mostly into EVP but also love to use spirit boxes and other forms of communication. It's a true passion of mine, more than a hobby.

Posted 14 June 2016 - 05:47 AM

Like many others have commented before me, I too believe this to be motion blur. That being said, I'm not sure what is actually in the picture and cannot fully rule out anything at all. I'm sure there's a story behind how this happened, any chance of speaking with this Haydn more about the experience? Maybe there's more evidence or even just a story? I'm very interested if so, as I'm sure others here would be as well. Very neat looking photo, thanks for sharing it with us :)

"What Scares You, Masters You."

-UNKNOWN-

#16 PIT leader

PIT leader

Succubus

• GS Member
  • 793 posts
  • Interests:ghost-hunting,videogames,metal and house music,horror films,comics

Posted 14 June 2016 - 06:24 AM

I would have initially said motion blur, but he said he was alone at the time which made me wonder if he's got something here. I don't know him other than a few conversations on Facebook, so can't answer if he'd manipulate an image or not. I will ask him what prompted him to take the photo.
We have such sights to show you!

IF YOU HAVE TIME, VIEW MY VIDEOS (NOT PARANORMAL) AT   https://www.youtube....cGDuiN3AKqdqNpQ

#17 Tantric Kitten

Tantric Kitten

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 08:00 AM

Hudds,  you say there's no blur anywhere else in the picture.   If you look closely not a single thing in the picture except light sources is sharp.   All the edges of everything that should be crisp are softened.   That comes with a slow shutter speed and a moving camera.  It also doesn't take a five minute exposure for human beings to blur.   If the person was moving fast this photo could be accomplished with as fast a shutter speed as 1/20 of a second (try photographing toddlers or hyper animals inside sometime without a flash).

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#18 Tantric Kitten

Tantric Kitten

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 08:11 AM

Looking at it again there's not even something on the person's head.   It is someone with dark brown hair and a "bowl"  cut or some cut with heavy bangs turning to look at the  photographer while walking forward and enumerating on their hands (that counting gesture where you pull a finger back as you count with the other hand)  and has just gotten to the pinky and shaken his hands for emphasis.

This is so definitely a living person in the photo. It's a teenage boy/young man.  

How old is this Hayden?   I'd guess not more than about 20 based on the person in the picture if it's a friend of his.

#19 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,572 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 14 June 2016 - 08:24 AM

I'm seeing the same thing Tantric does. I'm saying, especially since you don't really know this guy except on FB, he likely created the shot.
Posted Image

#20 Guest_Hudds_*

Guest_Hudds_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2016 - 08:25 AM

Everything seems natural in this picture, and the lights may have more of focus but that's obvious because they are lit.