Brilliant Shadow Ghost Picture Sent To Me

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Hudds_*

Guest_Hudds_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2016 - 08:33 AM

View PostWoodsmann, on 14 June 2016 - 03:57 AM, said:

I have found that many skeptics have a similar approach to the paranormal.  Many such skeptics have never had a genuine in person paranormal experience which IMO accounts for much of their negativity.  What I find confusing is many portray themselves as expert paranormal investigators or photo experts or whatever field there is related to the paranormal, while at the same time have never had a genuine in person paranormal experience or viewed a genuine paranormal image.  This is something on the order of a person claiming to be a pilot, an expert aviator, yet having never been near an airplane.

Woodsman, I completely agree with you, that is usually the case as it's quite evident.

#22 Guest_Hudds_*

Guest_Hudds_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2016 - 08:53 AM

PT Leader
I strongly believe the shadow person image was naturally created, they were no manipulation done to the picture.
I am looking forward to his response, to why he decided to take pictures in that location.

Keep us updated. :)

#23 Woodsmann

Woodsmann

Banshee

• GS Member
  • 153 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 09:03 AM

View PostHudds, on 14 June 2016 - 08:33 AM, said:

Woodsman, I completely agree with you, that is usually the case as it's quite evident.

My first negative association with a paranormal investigator was long before I ever new Paranormal Soup existed.  You see, the paranormal sought me out, I never went looking for it as with a ghost hunt or joining a team.  This initial paranormal experience caused me to lose sleep, as the first investigator said it was a demon.  The second team's leader laughed at me for being scared.  I took deep offense to this, and ever since I have paid attention to skeptical remarks.  Keep in mind I believe the vast quantity of skeptical remarks are well stated with the best of intentions and additionally are quite accurate.

However, every now an then a little bit of negativism goes into statements.  The greater damage here is not how I or other forum members feel about this negativism, it's the damage done to potential posters.  Many threads get numerous views where there are only a few posts.  Granted, many views are posters coming back to check, but a good portion are guests lurking or checking the forum out for suitability.

Some of the guests may have had genuine experiences, or a photo they'd like to share.  But when they read where certain photos, stories or other things shared are put down in a rather harsh way, these potential posters are simply scared off.  They have genuine beliefs or feelings about their experience, and the thoughts of being put down over it, or to suggest their material is fake is really quite a turn off.  The loss here is ours as a whole on this forum, for we are missing out on what could be very good material to discuss.

#24 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,572 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 14 June 2016 - 09:11 AM

I'd like to think our purpose as a forum is, in part, for people to share experiences, ask for help, opinions etc. But it's also to educate about the paranormal. If someone is invested in thinking their photo is a paranormal orb when it's almost certainly dust in front of the camera, we do them  a disservice by not pointing out that possibility. Aside from my own investigating, I learned a lot about photography after I joined 10 or so years ago
Posted Image

#25 Tantric Kitten

Tantric Kitten

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 10:07 AM

Part of being in or interested in this field is critical thinking.   I obviously (just look at the Need Help With A Haunting forum)  believe and work in the field doing things many people don't believe in.   But we have to be our own harshest critics because there are people who will take advantage to have a good laugh or our money and on the flip side people who will believe anything and be taken advantage of.

If I don't know I say it.   If I  think it's paranormal I say it.   If I am sure it's not I say that,  too.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#26 Guest_Hudds_*

Guest_Hudds_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2016 - 12:25 PM

View PostWoodsmann, on 14 June 2016 - 09:03 AM, said:

My first negative association with a paranormal investigator was long before I ever new Paranormal Soup existed.  You see, the paranormal sought me out, I never went looking for it as with a ghost hunt or joining a team.  This initial paranormal experience caused me to lose sleep, as the first investigator said it was a demon.  The second team's leader laughed at me for being scared.  I took deep offense to this, and ever since I have paid attention to skeptical remarks.  Keep in mind I believe the vast quantity of skeptical remarks are well stated with the best of intentions and additionally are quite accurate.
I can understand what you been through, regarding your experience with the entity, and the insensitive investigator and especially the sceptics. There was absolutely nothing wrong by being scared, also considering it's not a pleasant feeling to have an spirit and especially malevolent intentions in your bedroom, disturbing your sleep and watching you all night.
Would you want to share your experience in detail, by starting a post on this topic? :)

However, every now an then a little bit of negativism goes into statements.  The greater damage here is not how I or other forum members feel about this negativism, it's the damage done to potential posters.  Many threads get numerous views where there are only a few posts.  Granted, many views are posters coming back to check, but a good portion are guests lurking or checking the forum out for suitability.
You are a very observant person, and actually it does seem to be the case.

Some of the guests may have had genuine experiences, or a photo they'd like to share.  But when they read where certain photos, stories or other things shared are put down in a rather harsh way, these potential posters are simply scared off.  They have genuine beliefs or feelings about their experience, and the thoughts of being put down over it, or to suggest their material is fake is really quite a turn off.  The loss here is ours as a whole on this forum, for we are missing out on what could be very good material to discuss.

I completely agree with you Woodsmann,  a friendly tactic manner towards posters is very important,
and is beneficial at present and in future.

#27 PIT leader

PIT leader

Succubus

• GS Member
  • 793 posts
  • Interests:ghost-hunting,videogames,metal and house music,horror films,comics

Posted 14 June 2016 - 12:29 PM

Haydn said he was just taking random photos, it was on his brother's mobile and he hasn't edited it in any way. He also says he was definitely alone at the time. He is 18 years old, so your description would fit if it was somehow him or one of his friends.
We have such sights to show you!

IF YOU HAVE TIME, VIEW MY VIDEOS (NOT PARANORMAL) AT   https://www.youtube....cGDuiN3AKqdqNpQ

#28 Guest_Hudds_*

Guest_Hudds_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2016 - 12:37 PM

View PostPIT leader, on 14 June 2016 - 12:29 PM, said:

Haydn said he was just taking random photos, it was on his brother's mobile and he hasn't edited it in any way. He also says he was definitely alone at the time. He is 18 years old, so your description would fit if it was somehow him or one of his friends.

I did think it may have been a teenager doing a blur motion effect, naturally.
Never mind, these things can happen, kids eh?

Thank you for the update, PIT Leader. :)

#29 Tantric Kitten

Tantric Kitten

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 12:40 PM

I don't know that it's a deliberate fake.  But given all visual indications are that it's a living person who's subject to motion blur, the image is clear enough that I could pick out physical features that suggested an age that is relatively accurate and that the shot is framed to the subject rather than to anything the environment this was a deliberate photo of a person.  He may have forgotten details and come across it later or it may have been in his brother's phone and he thought it was one he took.  I'm absolutely positive it's not paranormal, though.

But thank you for posting it.  It is a really good example of how we need to look carefully and critically at everything and how normal things can look very strange.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#30 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • 1,894 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 14 June 2016 - 12:46 PM

View PostWoodsmann, on 14 June 2016 - 03:57 AM, said:

I'm not purposely trying to pick on EVP, but rather make a general statement that applies to many.

I have found that many skeptics have a similar approach to the paranormal.  Many such skeptics have never had a genuine in person paranormal experience which IMO accounts for much of their negativity.  What I find confusing is many portray themselves as expert paranormal investigators or photo experts or whatever field there is related to the paranormal, while at the same time have never had a genuine in person paranormal experience or viewed a genuine paranormal image.  This is something on the order of a person claiming to be a pilot, an expert aviator, yet having never been near an airplane.

I have had enough personal experience to know that there is definitely an unknown. That is the reason why I became interested in the first place. My original interest was spawned by my own spiritual curiosity.. I don't consider myself an expert but I own plenty of high end camera equipment, know how to use it,  and know how it works. My most recent photograph garnished 34,000 views in one day. You are correct that there is some camera equipment that doesn't record EXIF data but I also know how easy it is to scrub data. I just find it suspicious when there is no EXIF data.

Edited by VlawdeGStudy, 14 June 2016 - 04:03 PM.

Posted Image

#31 Woodsmann

Woodsmann

Banshee

• GS Member
  • 153 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 02:54 PM

View PostHudds, on 14 June 2016 - 12:25 PM, said:

Would you want to share your experience in detail, by starting a post on this topic? :)

Actually, some of it has been shared in various comments I have made to other threads.  But in regards to your specific question, will I start a post (thread) on this topic, the answer is yes.

I am not a paranormal investigator, I consider myself more a researcher.  I've made various remarks regarding studying frameshots, what to look for, establishing distance size etc.  I pick a still or video apart and go for the detail, the behavior, etc.

I will likely post some material later this year after I have had time to establish a distance and size of the entity - maybe after September.  Right now I'm guessing the entity is about 2 feet or so from the camera, and the detail is quite good, good enough to see two insects between the entity and the camera.  This means the insects are far enough out as not to to present themselves as natural orbs.

I need to set the camera up where the photography was taken and try to replicate the entity with respect to how it appeared in the camera's field of view and at the same time create the same shadow caused by the entity.  In essence this is sort of a triangulation and should be quite accurate.

For now this is just a teaser misplaced in an unrelated thread.

#32 Guest_Hudds_*

Guest_Hudds_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:36 PM

View PostWoodsmann, on 14 June 2016 - 02:54 PM, said:

Actually, some of it has been shared in various comments I have made to other threads.  But in regards to your specific question, will I start a post (thread) on this topic, the answer is yes.

I am glad, and am looking forward to read about your experience in detail in your own thread topic.

I am not a paranormal investigator, I consider myself more a researcher.  I've made various remarks regarding studying frameshots, what to look for, establishing distance size etc.  I pick a still or video apart and go for the detail, the behavior, etc.

Your remarks and speculations are very good, and you do actually go into real depth and detail, which shows signs of your expertise

I will likely post some material later this year after I have had time to establish a distance and size of the entity - maybe after September.  Right now I'm guessing the entity is about 2 feet or so from the camera, and the detail is quite good, good enough to see two insects between the entity and the camera.  This means the insects are far enough out as not to to present themselves as natural orbs.

I need to set the camera up where the photography was taken and try to replicate the entity with respect to how it appeared in the camera's field of view and at the same time create the same shadow caused by the entity.  In essence this is sort of a triangulation and should be quite accurate.

For now this is just a teaser misplaced in an unrelated thread.

You surely got my attention, and I am looking forward to your capture as it should be very interesting, Woodsmann. :)

#33 Woodsmann

Woodsmann

Banshee

• GS Member
  • 153 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 05:01 PM

View PostHudds, on 14 June 2016 - 03:36 PM, said:

You surely got my attention, and I am looking forward to your capture as it should be very interesting, Woodsmann. :)

Thank you for your interest.

Now to let this thread get back on topic.

#34 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 05:37 PM

Thanks Woodsmann and Hudds... it was worth going off topic for a bit.  :)

#35 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • 5,243 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 12:44 AM

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 14 June 2016 - 08:24 AM, said:

I'm seeing the same thing Tantric does. I'm saying, especially since you don't really know this guy except on FB, he likely created the shot.

Agree completely.
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#36 PIT leader

PIT leader

Succubus

• GS Member
  • 793 posts
  • Interests:ghost-hunting,videogames,metal and house music,horror films,comics

Posted 15 June 2016 - 06:18 AM

Thanks for all the analysis, it just goes to show that even the creepiest images can have natural explanations :)
We have such sights to show you!

IF YOU HAVE TIME, VIEW MY VIDEOS (NOT PARANORMAL) AT   https://www.youtube....cGDuiN3AKqdqNpQ

#37 Guest_Hudds_*

Guest_Hudds_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2016 - 08:57 AM

PIT Leader.

Indeed, creepiest images can have natural explanations.
Looking forward to your apparent orb capture's replicate attempt, as it should be very interesting either way. :)

#38 MortimerGraves

MortimerGraves

Incubus

• GS Member
  • 859 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 01:36 PM

I do not think it bad to question the authenticity of a photo, but one should be careful about outright accusation of deliberate fraud. Most of the time these shots are found when reviewing a series of photos, and their strange quality opens the door to possibilities. I assume that this shot was one of several taken in that particular time and place. Many of us do not check each shot as we take pictures, we go through and edit out the poor shots later. Had I captured this shot myself, I would have thought it very strange. I do believe it is motion blur (I can see the edge of that cup clearly, lorac!). Any further statement would take me into the realm of how this could be faked. Just because it could be faked, is not evidence that it was faked.

God Bless
Graves
Who you gonna call?

#39 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 03:54 PM

I like it, especially the hand. And as I said before, you can't have too much motion when he's up against the house.

Posted Image

Could it be photo manipulation, yes.
Could it be motion blur, yes
Could it be be both motion blur and photo manipulation, yes
Could it possibly be a ghost, yes.

My Personal Conclusion: unknown

Thanks for sharing, PIT leader

#40 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 04:26 PM

Here's a mug your friend can sell with copies of his pic.  
Your very own Mr Ghostly Long Fingers Mug and picture $22!  :good:

Posted Image