• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Jbird5456

Jbird5456

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 April 2021 - 05:27 PM

I've been wondering for years what this picture actually is. This was taken 10 years ago with a regular kodak disposable camera, at my old home right before my first cheerleading game.  It was a beautiful sunny day. No other pictures in the roll came back with any disturbances.

It looks like a dress and you can see the "straps" of the dress reflect onto the ceiling as well. I'm intrigued by the fuzziness around the dress as well. No one has been able to explain this photograph and I'm hoping someone can give me an answer if it's a paranormal figure or not.

I appreciate you taking the time to look  into this for me!

Attached Files

Edited by KlaineyGStudy, 01 May 2021 - 10:32 PM.
To change the text for Vlawde ;)

#2 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • 6,429 posts

Posted 30 April 2021 - 08:43 PM

Hello and welcome to the forum. Now that is an interesting picture, I will be watching with interest to see what others think it could be too! I also thought it looked like a dress or something hanging from the window frame like the crystals on the other window. Very strange!

Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,572 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 01 May 2021 - 07:22 AM

Heya! Took me some squinting to read  the small text! What it looks like is you have a lot of light in the background, so you almost appear black because the camera is overpowered by the light. The dress and fuzziness look to me to be something like a camera strap, piece of clothing or something hanging right in front of the lens. Black also because of the light situation, and fuzzy because of it's closeness to the lens, camera is focused further out.
Posted Image

#4 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• 1,138 posts
  • Interests:avoiding dumb people...you know, those that believe anything they are told....or found on the net.

Posted 01 May 2021 - 07:23 AM

Strange picture for sure.  It sorta looks like some type of reflection on the lower cabinet doors to the right of the black object.  cant tell if its a reflection (I dont think so and the sunlight appears to be coming from left to right).
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#5 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • 1,894 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 01 May 2021 - 12:44 PM

I agree with Vlawde. This image contains strong backlighting emitting from the window behind. The cameras inability to expose properly, under strained conditions creates strong shadows on the the persons face and body; more importantly the object in question. Judging by the fuzziness in question caused by the out of focus strap close to the lens, I'd say Vlawde's analysis is spot on in regards to it being part of the camera strap. There's a good number of alleged ghost images obstructed by camera straps. Without good controls the misidentification is inevitable.

Camera's in general do not handle backlighting well unless one uses exposure compensation or shoot in manual mode. I periodically use the sun to rimlight by backlighting the subject but I'll also use a strobe to illuminate the front of the subject. Examine how dark the clothing is just inside the rimlight on the edge of his pants. The majority of the model would be this dark unless I used a strobe to illuminate him in the front.

Posted Image

Edited by EVP, 01 May 2021 - 01:03 PM.

Posted Image

#6 kevinscan

kevinscan

Incubus

• GS Member
  • 835 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting
    Family
    photography
    Computers
    Art
    Friends
    Horror & Sci-fi
    A good mystery
    Star Wars
    Hiking

Posted 01 May 2021 - 03:01 PM

Welcome,

I agree with the camera strap in front of the lens.
Posted Image

"Normal is an illusion.
What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly"

Charles Addams

#7 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • 2,767 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 20 May 2021 - 05:06 PM

Hello!!! Thank you for sharing that with us - that definitely would have made me question the origin of the image as well. Pretty cool!
Posted Image

#8 Ghost#2

Ghost#2

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 31 October 2021 - 07:16 PM

True, pretty good, but probably not a ghost.