Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,004 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 28 May 2016 - 09:53 AM

By: Helen Mihalopoulos | Location: California, United States

Upon leaving a bus at a bus station in California in the late 1960s, I stumble across a family who were waiting to be picked up by a relative. I myself was waiting for my mother to pick me up after taking a trip to Salinas to visit my cousin. As I waited, I began a conversation with the mother of a family sitting on one of the two benches outside the bus station.

Her name was Anna and she introduced me to her family. She was a pretty woman with olive skin and hazel eyes. She was dressed in a 40s style suit, with a green hat to match her outfit. She looked very elegant. We first spoke of the weather then the school her children attended. She began speaking of the war, saying her brother had joined the army to fight the Japanese. I didn’t want to be disrespectful and correct her; she clearly had her wars confused. Surely she meant the Vietnam War which was currently being fought.

Anna went on to tell me she worked in the factory in the nearby town and she and her family did what they could for the war effort. She then told me she knew a fellow who died during the bombing on Pearl Harbor. Although, she said she didn’t know him very well, she clearly was very distraught that he was killed. As Anna continued to speak, I noticed her conversation was based on events from the past. I then asked her when her friend had enlisted in the Army, when she said 1939, I almost fell off my seat.

I started to tell her it was 1969, but just then my mother drove up in the old broken down Valiant, she was so proud to have. I said my good byes to Anna and her family and walked to the car, as I turned around to wave good bye, they were gone.

As I got in the car, I started to tell my mother about my conversation with the lady who was sitting on the bench with her family. My mom looked at me with a puzzled look on her face, she told me when she drove up, I appeared to be talking to myself and I was the only person sitting on the bench; there was no one else around me. I told my mom I had this long conversation with Anna and met her husband and two children. My mom stopped the car to feel my forehead to see if I had a fever. I tend to keep this story to myself since the only other people who could verify it were really never there
Posted Image

#2 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 11:28 AM

Well, I wonder if she had this written down somewhere.  She must have.  Then again, when something so
extraordinary happens to you, you don't forget it.  Probably it was time and she had the capability to
get it off her chest.

I enjoyed it.  Do I believe it?  I'll only say that I think that what happened to her is possible.  I've
been on the receiving end of those puzzled looks.  I don't like it.

#3 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,004 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 11:44 AM

I like the story, but the fact she just happened to look away at the exact moment she was going to tell them the year, and she was gone when she looked back just seemd too convienient for the story
Posted Image

#4 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 08:27 AM

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 28 May 2016 - 11:44 AM, said:

I like the story, but the fact she just happened to look away at the exact moment she was going to tell them the year, and she was gone when she looked back just seemd too convienient for the story

Contrived?  Hope I spelled that right.  I find that particular part is the "shocker".  Part of a well written story and
also that part of an event that leaves it stuck in our minds.  It startles us.  Nothing was as it seemed.  Further verified by her mother.
I can see it staying with her for a lifetime.

#5 petunia4998

petunia4998

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 03:46 PM

I believe it happened.  Spirits can appear to us any way they want and can definitely communicate with us.

#6 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 06:46 PM

View Postpetunia4998, on 30 May 2016 - 03:46 PM, said:

I believe it happened.  Spirits can appear to us any way they want and can definitely communicate with us.

Hi, Petunia4998:

I know that it can happen.  lol   In her telling it, it reminded me that it can happen in other places.
I'm mostly familiar with events in other people's homes and sometimes forget there are other places in
a great big world.  I have to shake off the tunnel vision.  lol

I had to refresh my memory on Guides because you are familiar with them.  I remember a thread
that you were on where someone was rude to you.  I know rudeness when I see it but only because I practice
it frequently or so I'm told.  My family, who knows me best, refers to it as being brutally honest.

It's a female characteristic on my father's side.  I'm actually the nicest of my sisters.  lol

Now I'm just rambling.  Haven't we spoken before about everyday things we enjoyed....gardening...squirrels.
Your name is familiar to me but it's been a few years.  It's your name.

Don't you think that woman had to have kept a diary?  No Ghost Study to attend.  You can talk to your mother,
you can talk to your best friend over coffee, but really, when you stop and think about it, in the 1960's , who ya
gonna call?

She may have refined it, much like a well thought out note to a friend one's been thinking about, but basically
something happened that left an impression she had to share.  How could she not?  Ya know, Vlawde never said
where he found that account.  I'm curious now.

What do you think about how that's written up, Petunia4998.  What convinced you?

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 28 May 2016 - 09:53 AM, said:

By: Helen Mihalopoulos | Location: California, United States

Upon leaving a bus at a bus station in California in the late 1960s, I stumble across a family who were waiting to be picked up by a relative. I myself was waiting for my mother to pick me up after taking a trip to Salinas to visit my cousin. As I waited, I began a conversation with the mother of a family sitting on one of the two benches outside the bus station.

Her name was Anna and she introduced me to her family. She was a pretty woman with olive skin and hazel eyes. She was dressed in a 40s style suit, with a green hat to match her outfit. She looked very elegant. We first spoke of the weather then the school her children attended. She began speaking of the war, saying her brother had joined the army to fight the Japanese. I didn’t want to be disrespectful and correct her; she clearly had her wars confused. Surely she meant the Vietnam War which was currently being fought.

Anna went on to tell me she worked in the factory in the nearby town and she and her family did what they could for the war effort. She then told me she knew a fellow who died during the bombing on Pearl Harbor. Although, she said she didn’t know him very well, she clearly was very distraught that he was killed. As Anna continued to speak, I noticed her conversation was based on events from the past. I then asked her when her friend had enlisted in the Army, when she said 1939, I almost fell off my seat.

I started to tell her it was 1969, but just then my mother drove up in the old broken down Valiant, she was so proud to have. I said my good byes to Anna and her family and walked to the car, as I turned around to wave good bye, they were gone.

As I got in the car, I started to tell my mother about my conversation with the lady who was sitting on the bench with her family. My mom looked at me with a puzzled look on her face, she told me when she drove up, I appeared to be talking to myself and I was the only person sitting on the bench; there was no one else around me. I told my mom I had this long conversation with Anna and met her husband and two children. My mom stopped the car to feel my forehead to see if I had a fever. I tend to keep this story to myself since the only other people who could verify it were really never there

Hey!  Vlawde!  Where did you find this, you never said.

#7 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,004 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 06:41 AM

It came from the news section of a website dealing in the unusual
Posted Image

#8 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 09:38 PM

Thanks for sharing this Vlawde! I've had a few experiences similar to this in rather busy areas in cities - people have asked me for directions, saying they were lost and I've looked away and back to see if they are headed the right way and they were gone, or I've pointed someone out to a friend/family member and they say 'who', but never something as long as sustained as what was documented here!
It's in the trees, it's coming!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users