• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Alonewitheverybody

Alonewitheverybody

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 124 posts
  • Interests:The paranormal, urban exploration photos (although i don't partake) Derren Brown :-)

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:12 AM

Hi all,
       Just wondered if this video would be on interest to anbody. I am sure there are more creepy places, but a few of these interested me. Especially the "Hill of crosses" in Lithuania. Iv'e always wanted to visit it. My brother has been there and said it is a bit strange. The freaky doll forest in somewhere i would avoid at all costs!!
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=TSSc35RYUZc
EDIT: This was meant to be entitled "creepiest" not "scariest"

Edited by HelenaHandBaskettGStudy, 20 November 2013 - 10:22 AM.

Posted Image
Created by SilentWalkerGStudy :-)

#2 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:30 AM

Those are some pretty creepy places alright.... That hill of crosses place looks interesting. I am intrigued by the"unnatural " feel it has to it!

#3 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

• Guests

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:39 AM

I found this article on the hill of crosses... There are some pretty amazing pictures in it!

http://www.dailymail...m-miracles.html

#4 Ectoplazzum

Ectoplazzum

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:38 AM

When I was in high school I lived in Paris for a few months.  We went down into the catacombs with a group who had special permission to visit the place.  EXTREMELY creepy, if I do say so myself.  There is a place in Paris called Le Caveau des Oubliettes in the St. Michel neighborhood in Paris.  For those who don't have special permission to visit the Catacombs this nightclub has a miniature version of the catacombs that guests can visit.  You can see the actual cells where some people were kept until they died.  There are still some human bones in there.  For those who don't speak French, Les Oubliettes means "The Forgotten", which is exactly what the poor souls who were imprisoned in them were.  Forgotten.  I used to have a slew of photos that I took down in the Catacombs but they were lost when we moved from Jersey to Texas.  I thought that DH packed that box and he thought that I had gotten it, but we were both wrong.  Now I REALLY wish that I still had them because the last time I looked at them was well before I became as interested in investigating the paranormal as I am now.  Heaven knows WHAT cool stuff might have shown up in the pics that I didn't notice at the time.  Sheesh!  Who knew?  
Josh Gates did an episode of Destination Truth that featured the Isla de las Munecas and BOY HOWDY was IT ever CREEPY!  LOL!  While he was inspecting a doll that was hanging from a tree the eye on the doll flew open and I jumped a mile from my seat in my living room!  LOL!  They also did a Destination Truth episode about Aokigahara Forest (also known as the Sea of Trees) and it was just as creepy as the Isla de las Munecas.  If you Google these places you'll get lots of images of them to look at.  The forest is literally littered with the corpses of suicide victims.  I think I remember reading that they find up to 100 new bodies a year in there.  The Japanese government has placed signs all over the place urging people to reconsider their actions before going through with it.  The most popular forms of suicide in the forest are hanging (obviously) and drug overdoses.  I guess people figure it will take their loved ones so long to locate them, even if they KNOW where they were going, that they'll be able to complete the deed before they are found.  
Very interesting little video you found there, Helena.  :)

#5 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

• Guests

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:50 AM

Josh Gates did an episode of Destination Truth that featured the Isla de las Munecas and BOY HOWDY was IT ever CREEPY!  LOL!  While he was inspecting a doll that was hanging from a tree the eye on the doll flew open and I jumped a mile from my seat in my living room!  LOL!  They also did a Destination Truth episode about Aokigahara Forest (also known as the Sea of Trees) and it was just as creepy as the Isla de las Munecas.  If you Google these places you'll get lots of images of them to look at.  The forest is literally littered with the corpses of suicide victims.  I think I remember reading that they find up to 100 new bodies a year in there.  The Japanese government has placed signs all over the place urging people to reconsider their actions before going through with it.  The most popular forms of suicide in the forest are hanging (obviously) and drug overdoses.  I guess people figure it will take their loved ones so long to locate them, even if they KNOW where they were going, that they'll be able to complete the deed before they are found.  
Very interesting little video you found there, Helena.  :)

I remember that episode of DT.. It was particularly creepy! During that same scene my husband, daughter and I all yelled "WHOA!!!" At the same time! We rewound the scene a few times to make sure that was actually what we saw!

#6 robertino

robertino

EVP

• GS Member
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:Everything Paranormal, Reading, Watching Movies, Music, Cats

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:31 PM

Hi!
Thanks fo sharing this video, in third place there's Poveglia Island, Italy (where I live). The Island is located on the South coast of Venice.
Today, the Island is abandoned and is closed to the public. Access is only possible with special permission.
In 1922 a mental hospital was built on Poveglia and it remained open until the 1960s.
For those wo want to know more about Poveglia, in the tv show "Ghost Adventures" (Season 3, Episode 19), the crew of ghost hunters investigated the paranormal activities on the Island, one of the most haunted places in Italy!

Here's a link in English to more information (and pictures) about the island's story:

http://www.mentalflo...island-poveglia

Bye.

Edited by robertino, 21 November 2013 - 12:33 PM.

#7 Paranormal_RN

Paranormal_RN

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Interests:Reading!!!!!!!!
    Redoing old furniture
    Paranormal

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:46 PM

By far, for me would be the Hill of Crosses.  I would love to visit there.
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should!"  Ash, aka T-Rex

"Your just jealous because the little voices talk to me!"

#8 MortimerGraves

MortimerGraves

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:41 AM

Those dolls creep me out. I think a punishment woud be to take the crook to the island and allowed to wake up at night with no flash;ight and left to wander the isle in the moonlight!
Who you gonna call?

#9 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

• Guests

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:30 AM

View PostMortimerGraves, on 23 November 2013 - 03:41 AM, said:

Those dolls creep me out. I think a punishment woud be to take the crook to the island and allowed to wake up at night with no flash;ight and left to wander the isle in the moonlight!

Yep... That would definitely be a punishment for me!! Creepy place for sure!!!

#10 Lil' Dinky

Lil' Dinky

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:04 PM

I have been to Toul Sleng in Cambodia, and also the Killing Fields, where you are literally walking on the bones and rags of clothing from the victims. It is definitely the saddest, eeriest, creepiest place I have ever been at. I don't think I could ever force myself to go back.

#11 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,884 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 11:52 PM

I'm wondering if there's any more places you can add to the list? In Sydney a lot of people say the quarantine station qualifies for being sad and creepy: https://www.qstation...host-tours.html
It's in the trees, it's coming!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users