© Fisana

Had Some Great News And Some Not So Great Yesterday

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 22 June 2018 - 05:59 AM

Background...  When I came back to work here 3.5 years ago, I was working for a guy named Huan Le.  He was an ok manager.  He hired me because he was told to do so by his boss.  Huan has a team of almost 30 people now.  There are 3 white guys and 1 white girl all the rest are from different parts of the world.  Huan always told me I killed his contractor budget.  But, he always said try not to burn myself out.

I was moved under a different manager 4-5 months ago (Brian).  Brian had a 1 on 1 with me yesterday and told me I got a raise and some stock (RSU's = Reserved Stock units).  Brian told me that Huan had started the raise process for me.  But, our director had to step in a fix the numbers for the raise and the RSU's.  The director told Brian that Huan had tried to give me a very small raise and had no RSU's in the mix.

I was converted from a contractor back to full time in August last year.  So, technically I was only a full time employee for 1/3 of the year.  I had zero expectations for a raise or anything else.  Anything above 0 is great when you expect nothing and I am very happy to get anything.  The best part was Brian telling me that the director saw the amount Huan wanted to give me and he took over.  The director told Brian that he was very happy with how hard we worked last year and wanted to reward us.

I wonder what the director did to Huan's raise %??? :-)
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#2 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,435 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 23 June 2018 - 07:27 AM

Awesome!  Stocks!  But that bites about the raise.  Ah, it will probably come soon enough :)
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users