• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 paradominic

paradominic

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:08 AM

Hey new member here. Okay so back story, My grandpa was into a lot of dark spirit stuff and could predict the future and all that. My mom and her sisters all have had really weird stuff with spirits and future predictions. I myself as a kid would talk at nothing and once red my moms mind. As I got older nothing too weird happened until I moved into my parents house I was about 16 at the time and I would often here my family yelling my name when nobody was home. Once my grandmother and I were in my parents room when we heard my dad call my voice. When I went down he wasn't in the house he was out in the garage fixing a lawn mower. Now I've moved to the city and I feel a presence in my apartment. Particularly in the basement and my bedroom. I've seen shadowy figures walk into my room. I've had things move in my room, doors open in the basement which could be air flow. I've also heard a knock on my door to the basement when nobody was home heard people enter the house and so on. While I'm writing this during a thunder storm and I cannot sleep in my bed lol. So I guess I'm wondering why ghosts seem to keep finding me I have more experiences but this was already long lol. So if anyone can give me any info on why or if spirits are attracted to people or whatever or any advice it would be appreciated.

#2 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,227 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:24 AM

There will be others who will chime in soon, as we all try to help in our own way. So, here's my two cents worth :) ...

When you moved into your parents home you said, "My mom and her sisters all have had really weird stuff with spirits...", those spirits that were already there, probably just find you interesting, since you were the new kid. The same may hold true to your new place, they could have been already there and you are new, thus you are interesting. As long as they don't get a rise out of you and you just ignore them, things should die down.

Keep a journal and write down when, where, and how things manifest, then you may find a pattern to the experiences. I'd change the lock on your basement door or just add a Slide Bolt Latch to it. If the door keeps opening, then you could chalk it up to the spirits/ghost. Brighten up your home, open curtains, windows(when it's warm enough) and let in the fresh air. Play happy/relaxing music. Add some hard to kill live plants: Ivy, Philodendron, Mother's Tongue/Snake Plant, Prayer Plant, African Violets, Christmas/Easter Cactus, etc. Also, keep some black tourmaline around the place, to heighten the good energy.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#3 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,186 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:14 AM

Hi and welcome to the boards :)

I think spirits are as interested in us as we are with them. I also think like people some spirits have a better ability to interact and see into our lives. I have also heard it isn't unusual for some people to also pick up on the living souls of people too, so if you are hearing your family calling your name etc it might be something you picked up on. I don't think anyone here can tell you with any certainty what something is although we are always happy to have a good guesstimation :yes:

I believe that gut instincts are good indicators to situations, just learn to trust yours and I am sure you will enjoy your journey.

P.S. I agree and from experience; keep a journal :yes:
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#4 Captain Kundalini

Captain Kundalini

Haunted Hollywood Guru

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:55 PM

Hi, welcome to PS and the best Forum on the Internet.
By all means, write and keep a journal. I've done so for many years
and I am putting together my Memoirs now.
By all means, keep your head together. Something tells me they're just checking you out.
Nothing to worry about. :)
Once again, welcome. :)

#5 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,186 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 10:37 PM

This is really good advice and worth a stroll down memory lane

And yes, I think we are the best forum on the net too :D
Posted Image

#6 Kristin

Kristin

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 03:10 AM

Spirits are attracted to people for many different reasons. Everyone has Spirits arround them at one time or another. Most people are just blind to it.  I believe you are one who is not blind and in my opinion your not attracting your sensing what is there. This is not a bad thing unless you make it one by becoming afraid and obsessing on the Spirits. The more attention you give them the more active they will  become and then  there is a good chance you will start to attract more. If I was you I would just ignore them and eventually they will stop. In most cases anyway but that is just my opinion. Welcome to the Forum!

#7 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,186 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 03:21 AM

Thanks Kristen :) Glad to see you on the forums :D
Posted Image

#8 Erithacus

Erithacus

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 10:52 PM

Why spirits are attracted to some people? Some are due to karmic debts and some people are born with more Yin (negative) energy in them. People who are born with the ability to see ghosts are more likely to get attracted by ghosts. I have a few friends with this ability had some bad experiences with ghosts.

#9 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,186 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 10:58 PM

Thanks for your insight. I also believe some spirits have a better ability to contact people too or "More aware" of the living  might be a better word :yes:
Posted Image

#10 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,787 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 11:53 PM

yes it's likely that they had bad experiences, I've always thought that there's dark and light in whatever we do and see so it would be the same for that experience. Care to share any info with us about what your friends have told you?
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#11 Erithacus

Erithacus

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 01:35 AM

This story happened more than 20 years ago. This friend of mine was an insurance agent. He was born with the ability to see spirits. He had no fear when he saw one as they had never disturbed him. One night on his way home after seeing a potential client, he passed by a cemetary. He saw a lady by the roadside. He knew she was a ghost. The next day he saw her again outside his house. He knew something was wrong as he had never seen the same ghost twice before this. She appeared before him many times and once while he was driving in the afternoon,  she suddenly appeared sitting right next to him. He said one side of her face was badly disfigured. She tried not to frighten my friend by not showing her disfigured face.

My friend was in really bad shape due to this. None of the mediums could him. Finally someone recommended a woman medium who was able to help. The ghost appeared in front of the medium. At this point the ghost didn't want my friend to see her. All my friend could see the medium was talking to thin air. The ghost said she meant my friend no harm. She followed him hoping he could seek help from a medium whom she could trust. She wanted a proper burial rite as she wasn't given any when she died so she could go to where she supposed to go to.

The medium chose a date and performed the burial rite at the cemetary where she was buried. My friend had to be there to assist. The rite had to be done at 12 mid night. It was so spooky as my friend saw so many of them including her. The burial rite also benefits other lost spirits. After the rite was done, the ghost never appeared again.

#12 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,186 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 01:56 AM

Thanks for share that story it was really interesting :yes:
Posted Image

#13 Erithacus

Erithacus

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 04:34 AM

My niece's hubby too has the ability to see spirits. The sighting gets lesser as he gets older. Once they went for a vacation, they tend to get hot temper after they had checked into their hotel room. On 2nd night while they were arguing over a small matter, both heard someone giggled in the room. The hubby turned to look and he saw a figure. He wanted to go to the bathroom to take a towel. The ghost knew he was up to something. A Hindu guru once taught him how to handle spirit in a hotel by covering the mirrors and recite a prayer. Suddenly, he couldn't walk as he could feel someone was holding him back. He told my niece to get out of the room and wait for him at the lobby. Reluctantly, she went out fearing for the safety of her hubby. 10 minutes later he managed to negotiate his release. The ghost didn't came back after that. They had a good night sleep then.

#14 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 21 March 2018 - 08:45 AM

Wow! It would be great if we knew what differences there are between people who can / cannot see spirits.
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#15 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,227 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 21 March 2018 - 09:13 AM

I've heard that most people who've had near-death experiences(NED) are suddenly able to see ghosts. Also, People who were never told as children that ghosts and the paranormal doesn't exist are still capable of seeing ghosts when they're adults.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#16 daphnerose

daphnerose

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 01:00 PM

I haven't seen a spirit in ages.  But I tend to ignore them mostly anymore.  Unless its a loved one.  Now its mainly noise and missing items  grrr.  I know certain people do have certain abilities and it just depends on how you feel like you want to learn how to handle it paradominic.  I just kinda learned to live with it.  I used to do tons of meditation to just learn to deal with it!  Helped alot.  Journaling, awesome.  Reminding me of things I should start doing more of!!  Anyway, welcome and best of luck to you!

#17 Erithacus

Erithacus

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 05:12 PM

Usually children are more prone to spirit attack due to their immature aura. When my daughter was 1 year +, I brought her out for a walk in the late evening. We crossed a bridge where a boy drowned in the monsoon drain not long ago. That night itself my little girl got sick. She had fever for almost a month in spite of consulting a few doctors. Her body temperature was a bit high during the day. It would shoot up during the night. She would have very bad cough till she threw up every night when the clock struck 12 am. We knew something wasn't right. We consulted a medium and we were advised to do a simple prayer rite near the monsoon drain to appease the spirit. I was sceptical about all this thing then as I had never experienced anything paranormal. I couldn't believe it she stopped coughing that very night and her fever subsided within 3 days.

#18 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,186 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 06:00 PM

I  don't believe I have ever been attacked by a spirit. I think it would be difficult for me to say if any of my illnesses have been related to a spirit or spirits throughout my life.

I am glad your daughter got better from her attack and that you were open to looking at all things that might be affecting her health. Taking her to a doctor followed by the medium.
Posted Image

#19 Erithacus

Erithacus

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 11:58 PM

After the 1st attack, I got to know a Buddhist master a few months later.  He specialized in exorcism, blessing and other supernatural things.
He gave my daughter an amulet for protection. Eversince she wore the amulet, she was fine until one day we went to a mall.
It was in the morning. This mall is a bit deserted. My wife went to the supermarket. My daughter wanted to go to the washroom. Usually I would bring her to the men's but it was closed for cleaning. So she had to go to the ladies' alone. There was no one in the ladies' and it looked kind of dark and spooky but I couldn't accompany her. The worst thing was I forgot to put the amulet on her when we left home.
She started to fall sick on that night and it carried on for 2 weeks in spite of taking medications from different doctors. Since medicine could not help, I brought her to see a Buddhist monk for blessing. And on the same night I did a prayer rite outside the house as what I did the last time. She got well after that.

I remember she got attack thrice. As she grew older she became stronger. So far so good. She is 19 now. Once we went to a movie at the same mall. As we were getting to our seats, my daughter (she was around 3 then) pointed to the passage between the screen and the 1st row of seats and she asked what is that uncle doing there? My wife and I looked but we didn't see anyone. There was nobody sitting in front of us too. All the seats in front of us were empty. As soon as we were seated I asked where was the uncle. She pointed at the closed door and she said the uncle had walked through the door. I doubt she was imagining things. The other time she saw something was during my father in law's funeral. She pointed at a direction and said grandpa. But we saw no one. Since then no more supernatural sighting.

#20 Erithacus

Erithacus

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 05:26 PM

My wife is very prone to spiritual distubances. She used to hear noises at her former working place.
Sometimes the spirits would disturb her. So far they didn't harm her. At worst she was pinned down once when she was resting in the conference room. According to one of her colleagues who could see them, there was a family with a kid. Once my wife went back to office on Saturday. They don't work on weekends. She was all alone. She heard kid playing at the staircase. She went out to take a look, not a soul was sighted. The ladies had the most paranormal activities. She could hear flushing sound from the toilet and tap running. She was the 1st person to reach office at 6am. Once she was prevented from taking her clothes while changing after morning jog. I got her an amulet and all the disturbances and noises stopped immediately.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users