• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Black Aria

Black Aria

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 12:48 PM

At the moment in my familys life, we are facing a very stressful,scary situation, and I was hoping maybe someone here could see anything about it.. I will briefly explain what is happening and then hopefully someone here can get something for me.. I could really use some insight on the matter.

Basically my little family is going to be out of a place to live at the end of the month and we are scrambling to find a home,with what we can afford on such short notice..We are trying everything possible and it seems we keep hitting brick walls, very frustrating to say the least , We would not be so frazzled if we did not have a baby and one on the way in June.

I was wondering if anyone can see anything about this for us, I would be so grateful.. I guess a glimmer of hope would help ease some of the tension and being afraid of not having somewhere to live when the time comes.

Thank You,
Mary
The most beautiful flower in life's garden is a friend.

#2 HARVEY

HARVEY

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • Interests:Wine and Chocolate

Posted 12 March 2007 - 12:57 PM

Hi Mary I am sorry you and your family are having such a hard time right now. Unfortunately I cannot pick up feelings about people without touch but just wanted to let you know that I will be sending you positive thoughts and prayers. Take care of yourself.

#3 Black Aria

Black Aria

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 01:04 PM

Thank you Harvey

#4 fw2la

fw2la

Apport

• GS Member
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:antique builder's hardware

Posted 12 March 2007 - 03:35 PM

hi mary,

for what it's worth, when i read your post i saw a lower level apartment with off-white walls (aren't they all that color inside?)  and a window near the corner of the living area.  

best of luck to you, i'm sure this is a difficult time... i'll keep you in my thoughts.

jennie
when was I at the potter's wheel?

#5 RavenHeart

RavenHeart

Magickal Man

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts
  • Interests:All things Paranormal, Spiritual, and Supernatural, . Love Music, Camping, Horseback Riding, Cinema, Photography, Art, Native American Story-Telling. Kundalini Reiki, Holographic Quantum Physics etc.

Posted 13 March 2007 - 08:54 AM

Are there government assistance programs that can help you where you live? You may try them, if you haven't already. Short of that I am not sure, but it would seem you should be able to get some type of assistance from community resources or the government, especially when children are involved.

Wish I could be of more help,
RavenHeartGStudy

#6 Sass

Sass

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 225 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 09:05 AM

I sincerely hope everything works out for you and your family
innocent0005.gif
A positive something is better than a negative anything

A man in love is incomplete until he has married..Then he's finished

http://www.myspace.com/raven_looney

#7 Black Aria

Black Aria

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 05:22 PM

Thanks for the thoughts, they are much appreciated !

I think we might have found something, we went to look at an apartment this afternoon, I had written an email to someone with a rental ad, I explained our situation and what we could pay, and he wrote back and told us to come look at it, so we did, and so far it looks promising....I hope this is it for us, the place is very nice,and it would mean a nice steady home for as long as we wanted to rent it...

Jennie, this apartment is on the 1st floor, main entrance,there is another apartment upstairs, the walls inside were a tan color and there was a window in the living room, but the living room itself is kind of like in the corner, it leads right in to the kitchen which also has a window....I wonder if this is what you saw ? aside from the wall color and an extra window it seems you might have seen this place.. I sure hope so, it is a great little apartment, it even comes with a washer and dryer, can't beat that..

Oh wait Jennie, the guy did say they repainted a little while ago, so who knows maybe it could have been off white at one time... in any case I hope this is it.

#8 Black Aria

Black Aria

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 07:03 AM

Well the apartment is a no go, the current tenant had requested more time without one of the landlords partners knowing about it,and we can't wait  til the summer...so back to square one I guess ..We are very disappointed.

#9 Black Aria

Black Aria

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 03:30 AM

Still trying, but so far no luck..but hopefully something will pan out we have 11 days left...

#10 HClay

HClay

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 05:52 AM

I'm not psychic, but I'm empathetic... and from my experience in reading others in this manner, I get the sense that you'll find something in time. There are compassionate people out there ready to understand your situation, and maybe offer you some leniency on when you must pay your first month's rent/deposit, given that you have a baby and are expecting another.

#11 RavenHeart

RavenHeart

Magickal Man

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts
  • Interests:All things Paranormal, Spiritual, and Supernatural, . Love Music, Camping, Horseback Riding, Cinema, Photography, Art, Native American Story-Telling. Kundalini Reiki, Holographic Quantum Physics etc.

Posted 20 March 2007 - 08:55 AM

I just wanted to mention that, "to doubt" the outcome defeats your purpose, and so you may wish to try praying that you guys will find the correct place for you to live in, let go of the doubt, and back it up with some positive visualizations, such as; "seeing" white light in your futures. Take some positive actions to ensure that you find a place and try to let go of the worry. I know this will be difficult, but we do not want to add any negative energy to the "scenario", right?

Think positive and know that I am praying for you and your family,
                thumbsup.gif
Prosperity and success...
...I send these energies to you,
RavenHeartGStduy

#12 Black Aria

Black Aria

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 01:56 PM

Thank You HClay! I am sure there are many people out there that would work with us, I have yet to find them or vice versa...We do have ads up so I am crossing my fingers and toes that the right one will find us.

RavenHeartGStudy, funny you mentioned that I have been praying for that, I just always feel a little selfish when I ask for things in prayer, guess I shouldn't , a place to live is not a selfish thing to ask for. I have been trying to not doubt and let worry slowly fade out, but it is a hard thing to do at times when you have 2 little people ( 1 here and one on the way) that have to depend on you to provide for them...We both are definitely trying to remain positive about this whole thing, and I am sure once it is all over will look back and be glad we made it through, and actually think...we actually stressed over this? Me I am more of the worrier than he is.. he says he knows we will be ok and thats how he deals with it, he says he kows we will be just fine. Thanks  for the prayers and energies very much appreciated !

Edited by Black Aria, 20 March 2007 - 01:56 PM.

#13 RavenHeart

RavenHeart

Magickal Man

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 03:10 PM

Black Aria,

No problem, I enjoy trying to be of help, if I can. My mother is a worrier and I have had time to reflect over the years and say, "I do not know how I made it this far, but I did Somehow". So that is now my hope..."I will make it...Somehow."

I did not mean to minimize the anxiety that having children to care for creates, especially in your present situation. We do the best we can and then we must try to let it go, because that is really all any of us can do. The fact that you are concerned for your children tells me that you are a good mother to them. I am sure you will soon find a new home.

Please keep us posted,
RavenHeartGStudy

#14 Black Aria

Black Aria

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 03:15 AM

Last night I had a woman email me that saw one of my ads, we are going to look at her apartment tomorrow afternoon, she sent me a few pictures of a few rooms and it looks nice....The rent is reasonable and she knows the situation, because I was very clear about that in the ads...It was weird yesterday it seemed we got flooded with emails, some were not in our affordable price range,some have not gotten back to me yet, but still people responded..kind of gives your hope and positivity a boost, knowing that someone is actually reading and considering you...I will keep updating as we go along, we are now down to 10 days and I can honestly say today when I woke up It was like there was no worries anymore in my mind about our situation, like something has been lifted.

#15 Guest_chrissyee_*

Guest_chrissyee_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2007 - 07:11 AM

Wow I feel so bad for you I just went through this as I told you before.
I am glad you are running ads..real estate agents can sometimes find rentals for you with people who are felxible...
My many prayers for you as well.

(((((((((((hugs)))))))))

#16 Black Aria

Black Aria

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 03:41 AM

Good News !!!! yesterday we went to see the apartment, it is a nice place,affordable rent , the landlord is a nice woman, and she was willing to work with us on the deposit, so next Saturday we go meet her ,sign the lease and get the keys smile.gif We are very happy relieved people ... Thanks to all of you  innocent0005.gif

#17 fw2la

fw2la

Apport

• GS Member
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:antique builder's hardware

Posted 23 March 2007 - 04:59 AM

yay!

i've been thinking of you guys, thanks for the update; glad to hear it's good news!

smile.gif

jen
when was I at the potter's wheel?

#18 Claire

Claire

Living Dead

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,233 posts
  • Interests:Photography, painting and ghosthunting!

Posted 23 March 2007 - 07:05 AM

That is wonderful news, Mary!
"We all go a little mad sometimes."  Norman Bates

#19 RavenHeart

RavenHeart

Magickal Man

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 08:19 AM

Most Excellent,
   I hope you will all be healthy and happy there!!!
         banana.gif        
RavenHeartGStudy

#20 HClay

HClay

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 39 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 04:01 PM

Great! thumbsup.gif  When you mentioned the offer from this woman, I was thinking that things would be positive. I've been anxiously checking back here for an update, to know that you were okay unsure.gif

Edited by HClay, 23 March 2007 - 04:01 PM.