• GS Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 05:07 AM

National UFO reporting center.

http://www.nuforc.or...rts/ndxlpa.html

Our report from the above site:

http://www.nuforc.or...14/S114645.html

Copy and pasted below:
Occurred : 10/11/2014 19:44 (Entered as : 10/11/14 19:44)
Reported: 10/18/2014 7:01:55 PM 19:01
Posted: 11/6/2014
Shape: Light
Duration:10 minutes
String of Red Lights at Elevation, Spanning 40 Degrees, in the vicinity of the Allegheny County Airport.

We live in Pittsburgh west of the Allegheny County Airport (located in West Mifflin). My wife, walking the dog in our yard, noticed a string of uniformly spaced red lights at altitude (as one would expect a Life Flight helicopter to be) spanning at least 40 angular degrees. She called me to the yard, and I also observed them. I observed (at times using binoculars) that they appeared to be rising, in a spaced fashion, one after another, from a single point in the southeast and heading to the southwest. We estimated they were rising in the vicinity of the airport. One plane observed was perceived by us to be lingering in the area, but the plane, a commercial airliner or cargo plane, subsequently flew over our house, so the perception of lingering must have been due to a great initial distance and we observed it flying into the area. Towards the end of the event, we perceived helicopters to be flying in the area of the airport near the point we witnessed the lights ascending.

The lights were red, similar to radio tower lighting. The light to the southwest most point merely extinguished, and being distracted, but not seeing the others, they too apparently went out. My initial assessment is that they were some man made thing, such as "Sky Lanterns" lifted by balloon or the heat rising from a candle, but problems exist with this theory.

1. They were launched near the County Airport, which I would suppose to be forbidden for a legal launch, as interference to or confusion of air traffic may ensue.

2. To suppose that they were equipped with electrical power for lighting or being equipped with a candle should have provided the most recently launched light with the ability to travel from the southeast launch point to the southwest extinguish point before itself extinguishing, this clearly did not happen.

I returned to the house and alternately listened to a scanning radio for the police frequencies in my area of Pittsburgh and to Aircraft Frequencies collectively. Nothing was heard to indicate that any others had called to report this incident, nor were pilots, in their very brief communications, mentioning it.

I subsequently noted an establishment across the street from the County Airport as having a Grand Opening sign, but I'm not sure how old the sign is. I drove past the County Airport travelling to work, on following days, but did not notice anything to account for the lights. We perused the media for a hint of a man made cause, but found none. We found this reporting page as a result.
40 angular degrees that I mentioned above can be visualized by holding your hand at arms length, spread the little finger and thumb apart from each other as far as possible. That's 20 degrees. The area we saw these lights was over twice that span. In your neighbor's yard, 40 degrees isn't much, but miles away, it is. I uploaded two images from Google Maps. The one the area we observed from, approximately, is in the extreme upper right. The next one shows the airport. It's quite a distance, relatively, from our house to the airport.

Personal Drones and Chinese Lanterns both pose some problems.

1. The airport is there, a very busy country airport. They would not welcome or tolerate the operation of drones near a functioning airfield.

2. Chinese lanterns would similarly be an issue for air traffic.

3. The angular distance they covered would have made control of drones, at night, risky.

4. We observed a few rising, but they appeared through the binoculars to be smaller, therefore likely more distant. We were using moderately expensive German 8x32 Roof Prism Binoculars, and we only perceived the light, no shape, with the distant or nearer lights.

5. Seeing a few rising sounds like Chinese Lanterns, but they all extinguished at the same time. If they were all lit at the same time (they use candles) it's almost impossible to believe that the candles were clockwork calibrated to extinguish at the same time. Actually one went out and the others went out seconds later. And why would someone launch a Chinese Lantern with a spent candle, as a few were seen rising earlier but also extinguished.

6. The ones displayed across the horizon were equally spaced, at the same modest altitude, were not climbing, were moving very slow (almost imperceptible) and presented like the first scene in a horror movie where one could imagine an attack was pending. If they were Chinese Lanterns, why would they have stopped climbing. And, to my logic, if they launched recently and were climbing, the horizontal line should be represented by the furthest away at the greatest altitude, and the more recently ones at a lower altitude. These were straight across at the same altitude.

7. If you look at the initial NUFORC link, a similar sighting in the same area occurred a month after ours.

Always open to hearing input on this "sighting", has us perplexed.

Attached Files

#2 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,124 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 03 July 2016 - 07:28 AM

Interesting!  I'm a bit of a UFO buff myself. I've seen something similar to the photo below twice. Of course it could be anything, but it is unusual.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 DrArtaud

DrArtaud

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 11:04 AM

Have you read anything by John Keel. He's the author of the "Mothman Prophecies". He has a few interesting angles on U.F.O.s

According to John Keel:

1. The lights like I've seen (if not of a human agency) have always existed. He feels if mankind was placed on Mars, they'd see these lights on Mars.

2. Thinks there may be beings that coexist on earth, he calls them ultraterrestrials, rather than extraterrestrials.

3. The shape of the U.F.O. relatively fits the expected shapes of the percipients, so that, in the 1800s, they'd see balloons, in the mid 20th century they saw saucers, later the V-Shaped craft became prevalent, implying they are a manifestation or projection of consciousness.

4. U.F.O.s aren't physical as we'd tradionally think, rather he felt what we saw was energy, and he cited some examples to substantiate that.

John Keel Fortean Lecture 1992

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=rOYNkA1w9bE

5. Clustered U.F.O. sightings often coincided with clustered ghost or paranormal sightings.

6. People that have been contacted by extraterrestrials or Men in Black need to be very wary and not trust them. I think it's played-out in "The Mothman Prophecies" movie, I believe the character was named Gordon, who's life ended tragically in the movie, and John Keels namesake, Professor Leek (Keel spelled backward) learned the hard way but stopped listening to the entities.

Not trying to step on anyone's beliefs, but things I found interesting. The shape you posted photos of does fit our more modern expectations, nevertheless it doesn't detract from their significance.

Thanks much.

#4 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • 11,124 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 11:22 AM

Keel has been recommended to me, I will check out his stuff. I read The Day After Roswell by Bill Birnes and Philip Corso, although I get the impression Corso is full of it. It seems he has a history of inflating his importance and has been caught on his BS in other situations, I read some supposed FBI documents alluding to this fact. Hunt for the Skinwalker kind of gave me a new way of looking at UFO's, the paranormal and all other weird things, grouping them as phenomena from the same source

Currently reading Dimensions by Jacques Vallee (who I had the pleasure of being at a lecture of his years back)  Similar to Skinwalker, he ties in the UFO phenomena with old legends like fairies and other mythical creatures, even talks about how we have seen them over the years. My views are similar to what you posted regarding John Keel. There is so much strangeness and ridiculousness about some encounters. In the end, I think it possible they are interdimensional, and perhaps they DO alter themselves to fit out perceptions..or vice versa.
Posted Image

#5 PIT leader

PIT leader

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • Interests:ghost-hunting,videogames,metal music,horror films

Posted 03 July 2016 - 01:08 PM

I've been reccommending John Keel on here for years, nice to see other fans of his work :)

Edited by PIT leader, 03 July 2016 - 01:08 PM.

We have such sights to show you!

IF YOU HAVE TIME, VIEW MY VIDEOS (NOT PARANORMAL) AT   https://www.youtube....cGDuiN3AKqdqNpQ

#6 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • 11,124 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 01:27 PM

If there is one must-read Keel book, which would it be?
Posted Image

#7 DrArtaud

DrArtaud

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 03:08 PM

Operation Trojan Horse by John Keel

https://en.m.wikiped...an_Horse_(book)

I'd recommend this book.

I'm an amateur astronomer (very casual, very infrequent now, mostly planet and moon observation), my wife and I are bird watchers and weather spotters (my wife and I took the Weather course on spotting, very informal, just weather basics). We look in the sky constantly. Years ago, my wife saw a Pittsburgh area U.F.O. that made it to the news, but in this more recent sighting, I'm nonplussed how several dispersed over a large area could not be seen by others, or many others.

I became a little obsessive about finding out more but was delighted to see Keel's comment that the lights have always been, so if the Air Force doesn't know the answers, how will I? In addition, the angle on deceit was interesting. John feels we shouldn't trust "them", whatever or whoever that may be because too many people tried in vain and spent too much time studying something that they almost assuredly will never have a firm grasp on.

From the movie "The Mothman Prophesies" was this line by Professor Leek, and this broke me out of the obsession of trying to understand more by shear will. Too many people much more educated than I have tried but no real, conclusive evidence exists or has been allowed to be released. In either case, this comment applies.

"Alexander Leek: In the end it all came down to just one simple question. Which was more important - having proof, or being alive? Trust me. I turned away years ago, and I've never looked back.

John Klein: Didn't you need to know?

Alexander Leek: We're not allowed to know."

But we are allowed to be curious. If I saw more, I'd spend reasonable time researching the issue from our end. Anything in the news, any chatter on the Police or Aircraft frequencies, were they filming a movie, was a promotion for a new store going on that night, etc.

But that said and done, I'm not leaving my wife and picking up with another U.F.O. obsessed female and traipsing across the desert just to see more of something I'll never understand, "we're not allowed to know" as the fictional Professor Leek said. (Tragically, my example of obsession causing one man to leave his wife etc. is true)

#8 DrArtaud

DrArtaud

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 04:19 PM

View PostPIT leader, on 03 July 2016 - 01:08 PM, said:

I've been reccommending John Keel on here for years, nice to see other fans of his work :)

John Keel caused me to at least consider stepping back and taking a look at the entire picture. Microscopes are exquisite for showing minutia, but they don't show the overall organism in its entirety.

"There's a truck wedged under the limb of a historic tree in a fictional town square. The engineers are looking at it, one group says to cut the affected limb from the tree to liberate the truck, but that might eventually kill the famous old tree. Yet other engineers suggest removing metal from the top of the truck, something not popular with the driver.

A little boy walks up "Mister, hey Mister", but is ignored. He tries another time, and is ignored. The third time, just to shut him up, one engineer says "yes little boy, what do you want?" Whereupon the little boy says "Why don't you just let the air out of the tires?"

Sometimes a new perspective can help.

John Keel is interesting, as, to me, are his theories.

I'm going to research the books suggested by VlawdeGStudy as we'll, I'm familiar with the name Vallee.

#9 PIT leader

PIT leader

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • Interests:ghost-hunting,videogames,metal music,horror films

Posted 04 July 2016 - 05:59 AM

Our Haunted Planet is the John Keel book that I'd reccommend. It deals heavily with the ultra-terrestrial theory and ties in all the similar phenomena.

Edited by PIT leader, 04 July 2016 - 05:59 AM.

We have such sights to show you!

IF YOU HAVE TIME, VIEW MY VIDEOS (NOT PARANORMAL) AT   https://www.youtube....cGDuiN3AKqdqNpQ

#10 buffamy

buffamy

EVP

• GS Member
  • 98 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 08:25 AM

Hi, I don't have any pictures to share as this isn't really my thing but there's been a lot of ufo activity where I live. There's disc-like craft and other typical sorts of unidentified flying objects, and there's also military-looking black helicopter sightings with black uniformed soldiers. No one knows if they're military or private and most people don't even believe anyone who says they've seen them. Guess it just sounds like 'paranoid conspiracy stuff' to most people.

Edited by buffamy, 06 July 2016 - 10:28 AM.

#11 buffamy

buffamy

EVP

• GS Member
  • 98 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 08:54 AM

I don't even think local police or public officials are aware these black helicopters are operating within city limits at night. They are really quiet, not loud like a regular helicopter, and they fly really low.

Could this be related to ufo activity?

#12 MacCGStudy

MacCGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf, Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 06 July 2016 - 07:29 PM

View Postbuffamy, on 06 July 2016 - 08:54 AM, said:

I don't even think local police or public officials are aware these black helicopters are operating within city limits at night. They are really quiet, not loud like a regular helicopter, and they fly really low.

Could this be related to ufo activity?

It's possible. Black helicopters are seen in and around the Bridgewater Triangle.

Wiki link "Common to most of these areas is a mix of reported phenomena, that includes reports of UFOs, mysterious animals and hominids, ghosts and poltergeists, and animal mutilations."

And

"At 10 am on May 10, 1760, a "sphere of fire" was reported to hover over New England and emit a light so bright that is cast shadows in the morning sun. Reportedly, the light was seen from both Bridgewater and Roxbury3. Since then, the area has spawned a diversity of reports that include paranormal events that range from ghost dancers to UFOs to Cryptozoological sightings."  Paranormal Encyclopedia

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#13 DrArtaud

DrArtaud

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 05:45 PM

Two interesting links:

10 Explanations for UFOs stranger than aliens.

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=hkHLwd-I1Io

In the above video at 3:40 was what my wife and I saw, but the line was straight, horizontal.

And

http://www.abovetops...hread432751/pg1

The above link talks about UFOs shedding or dumping molten metal. Interesting enigma.

#14 pvctom

pvctom

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 04:12 PM

hello DrArtaud,

thanks for the links and most interesting experiences....I also watched the Mothman 2 part YouTubes.

And many thanks for letting me know about this forum......

pvctom

#15 DrArtaud

DrArtaud

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 01:58 PM

View Postpvctom, on 10 July 2016 - 04:12 PM, said:

hello DrArtaud,

thanks for the links and most interesting experiences....I also watched the Mothman 2 part YouTubes.

And many thanks for letting me know about this forum......

pvctom

Howdy Howdy Tom. Gee, it only took me a month to reply. Sorry. I added to a question on the ghost forum about how to handle skeptics, if you get a chance, stop by, it's on "The Hum".

#16 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • 11,124 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 02:16 PM

Are you DocEmrick on ATS? They do have some excellent UFO stuff there
Posted Image

#17 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts
  • Interests:Many

Posted 11 August 2016 - 02:45 PM

Ha.  I like it.  Energy Interpretation.  Common to all of us in one form or another.  I often wondered how ghosts, UFO's and whatnot got lumped in together.  It seemed to happen overnight and it has to do with studies or research done by people who wondered "what the heck is going on?"  The Bridgewater Triangle is news to me yet I seem to remember another study outside of Massachusetts yet still in the East and the next thing I knew "hauntings" were no longer a separate catagory.  I think that's one of the things that I like about this place.  Separate it.

Yep, just like Shrek going home to his swamp, all the stories ever told were residing there.
The ultimate test of skepticism is questioning your own beliefs-attributed to Johannes Kepler (1571-1630) Mathematician & Astronomer

#18 DrArtaud

DrArtaud

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 03:28 PM

Dr. Artaud is a character in the Movie "No Such Thing" seen briefly at 1:26 in this trailer saying "He's a figment of our own imagination"

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=0YW82K5jwcA

This is an older movie, not old but older, interesting concept. Too many movies have been taken over by special effects but the plot is lacking.

I'm much fonder of the suspense (without death and destruction) as depicted in this classic story: "The Haunted and the Haunters".

https://ebooks.adela...edward/haunted/

I'm not DocEmrick but I'll check out the site, thanks.

Have you watched this wonderful series on Netflix. OMG, there's 8 parts this season, we watched 4 the first night, 4 the next.

Stranger Things:

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=b9EkMc79ZSU

A noteworthy movie is Midnight Special. Watch the trailer if you haven't seen this one yet.

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=1zuQTmVCEn4

#19 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • 11,124 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 03:30 PM

Stranger Things was indeed awesome!     DocEmrick was all over the thread you linked from ATS. I just assumed it was you
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users