13 replies to this topic

#1 Abishai100

Abishai100

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Catholicism, Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Copa America

Posted 24 September 2016 - 10:24 PM

Recently, we read the American consumerism miscellaneous paranormal activity news of an eBay user who posted a laptop for sale, claiming it was special because it was apparently haunted/possessed by some kind of 'invading spirit' behaving rhythmically like a virus.

There are strange and lesser-known stories of computers and offices filled with computers being haunted or possessed by spirits delivering strange coded messages.

If we make a collage of all these reports, we may better understand the visual psychophysics of mass subconscious mysticism.  Computers are the last frontier (e.g., A.I.), so understanding bridges to paranormal studies can create nice couplings of field analysis.

Why would we want our computers to become possessed or manipulated?  Does such curiosity get imprinted into the general psyche scientific curiosity about computer virus algorithm life-likeness?

The vast array of computers connected to the Internet makes it possible for numerous kinds of 'micro-intelligent' viruses to function around and subvert dominant algorithms like phantoms in the virtual world brain.  Are these viruses part of our 'plane of existence' if we imagine they become conscious and intelligent like human beings?  Is human intelligence situated in a unique position in the Cartesian plane of perception?

The idea of cyber-ghosts personally gives me the creeps!

:bunny:

Posted Image

Edited by Abishai100, 24 September 2016 - 10:25 PM.

#2 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts
  • Interests:Many

Posted 25 September 2016 - 06:30 PM

View PostAbishai100, on 24 September 2016 - 10:24 PM, said:

"Recently, we read the American consumerism miscellaneous paranormal activity news of an eBay user who posted a laptop for sale, claiming it was special because it was apparently haunted/possessed by some kind of 'invading spirit' behaving rhythmically like a virus. There are strange and lesser-known stories of computers and offices filled with computers being haunted or possessed by spirits delivering strange coded messages."

Now this is interesting.  Mostly because I was recently entertained by a video of an office that was exhibiting poltergeist like going on which also effected (sp) the computers.  I never think much about this kinda stuff unless someone brings it up, Abishai100.  There is someone else on this board who recently concluded that the paranormal wasn't so odd to him once he had glimpsed "ghosts in the machine".  I believe he worked with frequencies and from time to time would encounter anomalous "hijinx" where they should not have been any.

"If we make a collage of all these reports, we may better understand the visual psychophysics of mass subconscious mysticism.  Computers are the last frontier (e.g., A.I.), so understanding bridges to paranormal studies can create nice couplings of field analysis."

Visual psychophysics of mass subconscious mysticism?  Ok.

"Why would we want our computers to become possessed or manipulated?  Does such curiosity get imprinted into the general psyche scientific curiosity about computer virus algorithm life-likeness?"

I think we may be questioning why they aren't haunted when they obviously are whether we know yet or not.  Haunted is precarious word yet I find "ghosts in the machine" not much better.  I think we unknowingly put them there.  Being omnipicent (sp) is a tough job no matter your career choice.  lol

"The vast array of computers connected to the Internet makes it possible for numerous kinds of 'micro-intelligent' viruses to function around and subvert dominant algorithms like phantoms in the virtual world brain.  Are these viruses part of our 'plane of existence' if we imagine they become conscious and intelligent like human beings?"

This is still up in the air for some of us.

"Is human intelligence situated in a unique position in the Cartesian plane of perception?"

This one threw me so I had to take a look...Descartes said the senses were not to be trusted that ultimately mathematical sensibilities were the only way to the "truth of things".  Of course that is all paraphrased yet do correct me if I'm wrong.  Back to your original question.  There could be some trouble here but nothing we haven't been able to add to. One would be able to think of it as casting out demons. lol

The idea of cyber-ghosts personally gives me the creeps!

Me too.  And having to read about trusting your senses and what is normal and what is not is troublesome to.  But heh.  You have to consider it.

:bunny:

Posted Image

Sorry about making this tough to read but I'm not always good at the editor stuff, still after encountering several presentations on this topic, I found it interesting.
The ultimate test of skepticism is questioning your own beliefs-attributed to Johannes Kepler (1571-1630) Mathematician & Astronomer

#3 earthlydelites

earthlydelites

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,086 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 12:37 AM

I tend to have nightmares centring around computers doing things they should be doing, so this topic is really a scary one for me!
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#4 capn b

capn b

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 04:06 PM

To me, this seems a bit of a reach. Someone using the field to make a buck. :down:
Just because you cant see it, doesn't mean it's not there

#5 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 04:33 PM

I've had electronics manipulated.   Not necessarily to that extent but I've had a couple experiences with a couple different people.

One was the "haunting"  that led me here and pushed me into this field.   A couple emails went awry,  delaying the investigation I was trying to schedule long enough that the person who needed to be there was.

The other was when someone from this site died (we weren't aware of it until after these events... I put two and two together afterwards).   He didn't cross immediately and was both hanging around my house and manipulating my computer to give me clues to his identity.

Posted Image

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#6 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,122 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 17 October 2016 - 05:10 PM

Wow. Wasn't aware of that
Posted Image

#7 earthlydelites

earthlydelites

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,086 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 12:08 AM

Oh wow Tantric, I'm glad you were able to help them, it really confirms for me that everything happens for a reason - he found us here so he could find you !
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#8 Capt-Zeanie

Capt-Zeanie

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 223 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Computer Programming, IT, Web Technologies, Space and Astronomy

Posted 13 November 2016 - 12:10 PM

We also have Krisb in another thread how has a spirit using his email client to send messages

Edited by Capt-Zeanie, 13 November 2016 - 12:11 PM.

#9 Louczar

Louczar

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 16 November 2016 - 03:31 PM

This is scary.  If a computer can be "haunted" then it really scares me to think about newer cars.

When you think about fly by wire technology just by itself....that could be real bad!
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#10 MacCGStudy

MacCGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf, Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 16 November 2016 - 05:19 PM

Thinking about it, Stephen King was ahead of his time. What with his novel Christine, about a haunted car with a mind of it's own.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#11 Shawn4233

Shawn4233

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigations, Horror Movies, Music, Traveling, Meeting New People, Sports, Friends, Chatting, Video Games, Concerts, Food, TV, New Experiences, Having A Good Time, Laughing, Making Others Laugh, Helping Others.

Posted 17 November 2016 - 12:09 AM

View PostMacCGStudy, on 16 November 2016 - 05:19 PM, said:

Thinking about it, Stephen King was ahead of his time. What with his novel Christine, about a haunted car with a mind of it's own.

I guess you can say I know that car very well. :).

Posted Image
www.twitter.com/speer989
www.facebook.com/hickoryvfw6166

#12 Faranormal

Faranormal

Orb

• GS Member
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 08:20 AM

Spirits can, and have, messed with my cameras. No reason they can't do the same to a car's ECUs.

I wonder how much a spirit would have to know about a technology in order to have controlled influence over it, though. I'm capable of flicking a light switch, but a car's systems are almost incomprehensibly complex, and even if I could selectively influence a system electronically using my presence, I wouldn't have a clue where really to begin among the circuitboards and wiring clusters. Computers, I feel, sit maybe somewhere between the two. Screen signals for the VDU can be relatively easily influenced by concentrated electromagnetic influence, and similar conditions have the potential to make lunch of a hard drive.

Part of my investigation gear is a touch-screen tablet with an on-screen keypad and a notepad to type into.
Really simple and never brought back results, but experimentation is half the fun.

Posted Image

#13 MacCGStudy

MacCGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf, Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 17 November 2016 - 11:46 AM

Ooo, cool car Shawn4233. I want one... :lol:

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#14 earthlydelites

earthlydelites

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip