Free Skins
© Fisana

Ironic Wounds...family Member States Away?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 aisLinnZ

aisLinnZ

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 123 posts
  • Interests:Playing Celtic harp, sketching, reading bks of people in a mystical perspective(Abe Lincoln,Hildegard of Bingen,William B. Yeats,Nostrodomus-regular folks , living their beliefs), enjoy forests~

Posted 16 November 2016 - 12:08 PM

Sorry if this isn't the correct place for this post..wasn't sure what topic it would be!

Yesterday I noticed a dime sized rash or something on my calf. I am familiar with how bug bites etc look on me- but it's just a red round , not swollen or itchy...thing? so, no biggee.

But talked with my dad last night and he had been bitten by a spider yesterday morning, and it freaks me out that his body is reacting to it pretty badly. and its on his calf. He is woodsy-(nickname joke.."I am  just an old hermit up on my mountain hunn!")...it is festering on him-and big .... he's stubborn and blows it off but he is describing something like what fiddleback bites do-(I won't describe that; it's a nasty wound)..

But it occurred to me ~ I  haven't had a little practically nothing round rash like this before.....and my dad got a bite in the same spot that is something he needs to address.....huh. sympathy wounds?! we live in separate states. ohhh dad!! stubborn!
"..for those who believe, no words are necessary. For those who do not believe, no words are possible.."  (and that's ok!~)

#2 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,124 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 16 November 2016 - 01:03 PM

Some spider bites can cause a rash. I have a permanent reminder on the back of my calf from 10 or more years ago. This was from TINY little spiders. Every now and then I get a spider bite where I live now, but no rash. They are typically large red welts that last a few days, they kind of itch and hurt at the same time
Posted Image

#3 aisLinnZ

aisLinnZ

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 123 posts
  • Interests:Playing Celtic harp, sketching, reading bks of people in a mystical perspective(Abe Lincoln,Hildegard of Bingen,William B. Yeats,Nostrodomus-regular folks , living their beliefs), enjoy forests~

Posted 16 November 2016 - 03:19 PM

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 16 November 2016 - 01:03 PM, said:

Some spider bites can cause a rash. I have a permanent reminder on the back of my calf from 10 or more years ago. This was from TINY little spiders. Every now and then I get a spider bite where I live now, but no rash. They are typically large red welts that last a few days, they kind of itch and hurt at the same time

Thanks for reading my rather unthrilling  post! But geeze thats not fun having a scar from a bite. I have been lucky; I am  veryyy allergic to mosquitos..one bite on my thigh or arm-it turns into a 4 inch blister  of itching hell! (If I get alot-like camping , I take a children's allegra-it's strong enough for me to not go into weirder allergic reactions)...yah, living in the woods growing up I have had my share of spider bites, lucky no bad ones.

I posted because whether mine is a bite or what (we live in a city-but close to hills, etc- Jack London state park (hiking,etc)....it's just sort of weird my dad and I got bites at the same time ?!  He officially lives wayyy in the woods in N.Oregon....Bears and such! But I hope he tends to his bite as it is pretty gross right now : (
"..for those who believe, no words are necessary. For those who do not believe, no words are possible.."  (and that's ok!~)

#4 MacCGStudy

MacCGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf, Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 11 December 2016 - 05:18 PM

There have been cases of family members(usually twins) feeling each others emotions, pain and have sympathetic wounds. If you're real close to your father, it could be possible for you to have a sympathetic wound.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#5 aisLinnZ

aisLinnZ

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 01:30 AM

View PostMacCGStudy, on 11 December 2016 - 05:18 PM, said:

There have been cases of family members(usually twins) feeling each others emotions, pain and have sympathetic wounds. If you're real close to your father, it could be possible for you to have a sympathetic wound.
Thank you for your reply~well, its odd.....dad left mom and I when I was 2. They married young, had me young. He has 4 other kids now(I am oldest, but we r all mid 30's-mid 40's.) I am sort of a boo boo in a way; they were so young; either through guilt, or whatever-it was easier for him to 'forget' all of that, even me. I have met him twice in my life. My husb driving us there (Oregon) so we could visit. Oddly, I never developed bitterness,Etc.

I didn't know I had a 'real life dad' till my gram felt me old enough to deal-about age 12 she broke out pics of him & my mom. Mom NEVER spoke of him-as a little one I thought I sort of magically emerged from my moms belly button! LoL....but being somewhat in touch, perhaps he realizes he has a daughter, son in law, and 2 great young adult grandkids-he has pretty much missed & hardly knows. ..... *;*

#6 earthlydelites

earthlydelites

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,086 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 03:54 PM

Interesting, there's certainly stories around about psychic sharing of emotions, pain and physical ailments, however this would typically be between people with a significant emotional connection. From what you've said I'm not sure if that applies in your case?
It's in the trees, it's coming!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users