#1 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,438 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 31 January 2017 - 12:07 AM

I've read similar articles in the past. Even Neil DeGrasse Tyson thinks it's likely.  Here's more on the possibility from USA Today  http://www.usatoday....249856/?ref=yfp
Posted Image

#2 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Shadow Ghost

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf, Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 31 January 2017 - 12:04 PM

Interesting, but I hope this isn't just a hologram. I would like to think life was really 3D and not 2D.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#3 Mikaru

Mikaru

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 07:00 PM

Life is a simulation. OOooOOoooOo!

#4 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • 11,438 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:41 PM

Nothing would surprise me anymore. I think things are far weirder than anyone can imagine
Posted Image

#5 Capt-Zeanie

Capt-Zeanie

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 266 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Computer Programming, IT, Web Technologies, Space and Astronomy

Posted 03 February 2017 - 09:47 AM

There are many ideas like Hologram, membranes and others and some real crazy one from the guy who lives on a park bench and holds the sign saying "The end is nigh"

I had a long debate in an American Bar back in 1990 with one of our American relatives when we were over seeing them. We both came to the same conclusion whilst drinking many many tequila's..
We came to the conclusion that we are on a planet that orbits a star, that orbits in a Galaxy, that orbits around the galactic cluster which orbits around the universe that orbits around other universe clusters that orbits around xxxxxx. The conclusion by then was that we were drunk.
It is that age old question of what is at the outer borders of the universe, what are we expanding into?? The possibility along the all the other intelligent life in the universe also thinking about.

#6 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • 11,438 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 11:00 AM

I can relate, Capt-Zeanie. When I drink tequila I get smarter too!  ;)
Posted Image

#7 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Shadow Ghost

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf, Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 03 February 2017 - 01:50 PM

:rolleyes:

Posted Image

My Shop

#8 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Wraith

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,504 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 03 February 2017 - 05:05 PM

You know... I have been feeling a bit Hologram-ish lately... I just thought it was something I ate. :rolleyes:
Do whatever makes you happy, whatever fruits your loops.

#9 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Shadow Ghost

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 09:46 PM

:anim_63:

Posted Image

My Shop

#10 Snowlord

Snowlord

Ghoststudy's Official Photo Expert

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,206 posts
  • Interests:Photography ... Chess ... Nature ... Astronomy ... Kicking Butt...stuff like that.

Posted 05 February 2017 - 05:53 PM

If life is just a computer simulated hologram then I need to petition the IT supervisor of it to extend my programming for an unlimited time amount. I also need to know if anyone has any cheat codes.

#11 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • 11,438 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 06:07 PM

Also ask him if we can gett more RAM
Posted Image

#12 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Wraith

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,504 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 05 February 2017 - 08:59 PM

I want to know who is the main character in this simulations story. I know it isn't me, unless the story is about a girl who sleeps all day and eats cake.
Do whatever makes you happy, whatever fruits your loops.

#13 Capt-Zeanie

Capt-Zeanie

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 266 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Computer Programming, IT, Web Technologies, Space and Astronomy

Posted 06 February 2017 - 04:58 AM

At least you get your cake and eat it.

#14 kevinscan

kevinscan

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting
    Family
    photography
    Computers
    Art
    friends
    horror & sci-fi
    a good mystery
    Star Wars

Posted 07 February 2017 - 12:03 AM

Maybe it's simulated cake.

Remember there is no cake. LOL
Posted Image

The most sophisticated computer ever  devised by mankind is now called Stonehenge.

#15 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • 11,438 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 10:28 AM

The cake is a lie

Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 Snickers

Snickers

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 07:36 PM

“Or ever the silver cord be loosed…Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it (Ecclesiastes 12:6-7).        maybe we really are plugged into something??  
What happens if someone unplugs the cord and the hologram disappears?          ? :cwy:     :Picture 524:
Don't tell me that I didn't see what I saw, or didn't hear what I heard.......Snickers

#17 Valence

Valence

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 02:29 AM

My philosophy teacher has talked about things like this and it's interesting to think about, however really unsettling at the same time. I'm always thinking about what would happen if the whole reality just kind of collapsed one day - would we feel it or would it feel like nothing at all?

Posted Image

I dreamed a dream so pretty that I don't feel so depressed,

'cause it soothes my inner kitty and it helps me get some rest

#18 Capt-Zeanie

Capt-Zeanie

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 266 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 10:54 AM

View PostValence, on 25 March 2017 - 02:29 AM, said:

My philosophy teacher has talked about things like this and it's interesting to think about, however really unsettling at the same time. I'm always thinking about what would happen if the whole reality just kind of collapsed one day - would we feel it or would it feel like nothing at all?
Good question and quite thought provoking.

#19 Snickers

Snickers

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 09:56 PM

We are plugged into a simulator. We are having an earthly experience. It seems real, but it's not. When we unplug from the simulator, where will we be?  Will we wake up and find that this was just a learning experience, one that was unique to each person? And that nothing was really real? We will wake up and go 'wow, that was really intense!'? Will we be able to repeat the experience if we want? To change things, get it right? It that why we have deja vu? So many questions, and no answers, at least not yet...

Sorry, I have these crazy questions sometimes....... I'm really down to earth and not crazy..... I think....
Don't tell me that I didn't see what I saw, or didn't hear what I heard.......Snickers

#20 Capt-Zeanie

Capt-Zeanie

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 266 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 02:51 AM

View PostSnickers, on 25 March 2017 - 09:56 PM, said:

It that why we have deja vu?

I get this several times a year. This is the one thing "supernatural" that I can attest too. For those brief seconds everything is crystal clear, the invoked memory is quite strong.

Some people say it's just a double blink that reinforces the image on the retina making the brain think. But I kinda of disagree.

Some of my deja vu is just simple things like standing in the room and everything is right but over the year I have had a couple of big ones..

1st one was I was aged approx 13 and was with my family driving across Europe to visit my Aunt/Uncle in Celle (Germany). My uncle was in the British Army and stationed over in Celle. Well as were driving up to Celle (we had never been her before) my Dad got lost and then all of a sudden I got Deja Vu and said I've been here before and we need to go this way and I pointed out the route, my Dad laughed but went with what I said as he was lost and 5 mins later we were at my Uncles House.

2nd one was when I was 16, I came downstairs for breakfast and as I sat at the Table I suddenly realised I have been here before and knew what my mum was going to say (ie I was going to get a telling off) but when my mum spoke I did not reply with what I should of said but with something else and I did not get a telling off

3rd one was a few years ago and something happened and I again realised it was Deja Vu so I was able to handle the badnews easier.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users