• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Cambion

Cambion

Banshee

• GS Member
  • 177 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 09:32 PM

Some of you may know that one of the ways in which it is suggested the astral body leaves the physical body is when the person is ill, as illness causes the body to have less of a firm hold on the soul. For some reason, I got to thinking about something that happened a few years back and now that I know what projection is, I wonder if what was going on was related to it.

When I was about 14 or 15, I got the flu for the first time...and it hit me incredibly hard. As in I was very weak and barely ate for two weeks. I recall being forced to go to a family gathering while still ill, and for the last few days of my illness, I just felt strange. It's very hard to describe, but the best way I can put it is to say it felt like my body was a vehicle and my mental self was behind the wheel, traveling around with the 'vehicle' on cruise control. Basically, I was going through all the motions physically and had some form of control over what I was doing, but I just didn't feel like I was fully in my body, and I felt like this for days.

I have never been as sick in my life as I was then, and I wonder if that feeling of not being fully "there" was some sort of attempt at projection by my body. I'm not saying I'm totally sure it was some kind of spiritual oddity, but I am questioning what exactly it was. I have had the flu several times since that first infection and I never felt like such a zombie ever again, sick or not.

What...in the world? Has anyone else ever felt this, especially while ill?

#2 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • 2,945 posts
  • Interests:Interested in the paranormal, and I am proud I just published my first book regarding my haunting.

Posted 15 November 2009 - 10:41 PM

Hi Cambion, Nice to read you again. My opinion was that you were sick and dehydrated. When we are dehydrated, it throws off the electrolytes in our bodies. We  need those lytes to keep our brain and body going. Once we lose alot of those, which sounds like what happened, it can cause a feeling of not being all there, lightheadedness, and can lead to hallucinations if the numbers are very low. Thats why when we have a stomach flu its always best to force fluids, or it could cause serious conditions, and damage vital organs. So thats what I think the cause was. Interesting story, glad you are all better.. innocent0005.gif
YOU CANT SCARE ME, I HAVE KIDS

#3 RavenHeart

RavenHeart

Magickal Man

• GS Member
  • 3,547 posts
  • Interests:All things Paranormal, Spiritual, and Supernatural, . Love Music, Camping, Horseback Riding, Cinema, Photography, Art, Native American Story-Telling. Kundalini Reiki, Holographic Quantum Physics etc.

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:30 AM

I once projected automatically because I was severely fatigued. I was so tired that I think I must have slipped straight into a delta state of deep sleep. Another time I was dispirited due to severe depression and found myself out of body. Although Blue Angel is correct about the flu and the reason for your feeling "not all there", certain body states do seem to lead to astral projection. If you find yourself looking down at yourself or viewing things from a angeled position above other people, buildings etc., have a dream within a dream, (where you think you are awake but awake to find that you were only dreaming that you were awake), those are signs that can help confirm astral projection.

#4 petunia4998

petunia4998

Incubus

• GS Member
  • 801 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 01:07 PM

I think those are all instances of astral projection.  Who knows when and why the spirit slips from the body?  It will return, however, as long as the silver cord is intact and it is only severed at the time of death.  bunny.gif

#5 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • 2,945 posts
  • Interests:Interested in the paranormal, and I am proud I just published my first book regarding my haunting.

Posted 16 November 2009 - 01:20 PM

QUOTE(petunia4998 @ Nov 16 2009, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think those are all instances of astral projection. Who knows when and why the spirit slips from the body? It will return, however, as long as the silver cord is intact and it is only severed at the time of death. bunny.gif

Hi Petunia, nice to see you. I experienced AP from the age of 5, till my early 30's. I had no way to control where I went, I just ended up there. I never knew what they were till a friend told me. I knew if I didnt get back to my body, I would die, so even as a child I would yell "take me back, take me back." I would then spiral downward and get a jolt of like electricity when I was back in my body. I never saw a silver cord, have you? Picture 483.gif

#6 ChildofTwo

ChildofTwo

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • 424 posts
  • Interests:Spiritualism
    Spirit Guides
    Spirits
    Ghosts
    Haunted Places/People
    History
    Movies
    Reading
    Drawing/Sketching

Posted 16 November 2009 - 01:26 PM

QUOTE(petunia4998 @ Nov 16 2009, 04:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think those are all instances of astral projection.  Who knows when and why the spirit slips from the body?  It will return, however, as long as the silver cord is intact and it is only severed at the time of death.  bunny.gif

I've always wondered... How does the silver cord become 'severed', exactly? For some reason I always saw it being sort of deteriorated during death and then (no idea how) parts of the cord is pulled away while leaving some of it attached to the body. Sounds strange, I know.

So how does the actual process work?

#7 Caniswalensis

Caniswalensis

Spongebob Swearpants

• GS Member
  • 8,784 posts
  • Interests:History & the study of anything paranormal.

Posted 16 November 2009 - 01:36 PM

I once experienced stomach projection while ill.   sick.gif

#8 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE(CaniswalensisGStudy @ Nov 16 2009, 01:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I once experienced stomach projection while ill. sick.gif

So, you puked? yucky.gif

#9 ChildofTwo

ChildofTwo

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • 424 posts
    Spirit Guides
    Spirits
    Ghosts
    Haunted Places/People
    History
    Movies
    Reading
    Drawing/Sketching

Posted 16 November 2009 - 03:21 PM

QUOTE(BlueAngel @ Nov 16 2009, 06:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, you puked? yucky.gif

His stomach explored outside itself.  tomato2.gif

#10 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE(ChildofTwo @ Nov 16 2009, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
His stomach explored outside itself. tomato2.gif

LMAO He should write a book about that horrible experience. crazy.gif

#11 petunia4998

petunia4998

Incubus

• GS Member
  • 801 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 05:28 PM

Blue, I have never seen the silver cord; I don't believe it is anything tangible.  It is probably just a term used for people to understand that the spirit is connected to the body.  bunny.gif

Child, I imagine that the "severing" of the cord could occur in many different ways.  I think any way you want to think of it would be correct.  bunny.gif

Canis, please explain to me what your statement meant.  If it's what I think it means, uggghh!  bunny.gif

#12 Caniswalensis

Caniswalensis

Spongebob Swearpants

• GS Member
  • 8,784 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE(petunia4998 @ Nov 16 2009, 07:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Canis, please explain to me what your statement meant.  If it's what I think it means, uggghh!  bunny.gif

It's what you think it means. wink.gif

#13 ChildofTwo

ChildofTwo

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • 424 posts
    Spirit Guides
    Spirits
    Ghosts
    Haunted Places/People
    History
    Movies
    Reading
    Drawing/Sketching

Posted 16 November 2009 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE(petunia4998 @ Nov 16 2009, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Blue, I have never seen the silver cord; I don't believe it is anything tangible.  It is probably just a term used for people to understand that the spirit is connected to the body.  bunny.gif

Child, I imagine that the "severing" of the cord could occur in many different ways.  I think any way you want to think of it would be correct.  bunny.gif

Yeah, but I've heard all sorts of psychics describe it as a real thing attached to the body (I think near the rib-cage or something). I'm not saying I fully believe in the silver cord, but I still find it kind of interesting. Oh well, I guess any description could be the right one. lol.

#14 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE(ChildofTwo @ Nov 16 2009, 05:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, but I've heard all sorts of psychics describe it as a real thing attached to the body (I think near the rib-cage or something). I'm not saying I fully believe in the silver cord, but I still find it kind of interesting. Oh well, I guess any description could be the right one. lol.

LOL I think maybe we all have different perceptions of what it is. I have no knowledge of anything but the umbilical cord, and we can rule that out LOL.. th_sarcastic_blum.gif

#15 Cambion

Cambion

Banshee

• GS Member
  • 177 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 12:56 AM

I did not know dehydration could cause a person to feel spacey like that. I definitely was not drinking much when I was sick that time because I was too weak to get out of bed and I was too cold to get out from under my blankets, so it's quite possible I was dehydrated. And I know the spirit does leave the body under various circumstances, especially during sleep. I've been jolted awake a few times too, (the most recent time I actually felt a pretty profound shock to my heart and that scared the crud out of hypochondriac me) and I know that can mean projection was going on and my spirit just kind of crash-landed back into my body.

I never did have a feeling of seeing myself from above, from a distance, or from a different angle, which is the only reason I thought maybe I was not projecting.

And as far as the silver cord that people claim exists...is it at all possible to sever the cord yourself? For example, if someone were contemplating suicide and didn't want to go about committing the act in a physical way, could they somehow will their astral bodies to cut that silver cord of spiritual energy? I've personally never heard of any instances where the cord was severed, but that could just be my lack of research.

#16 petunia4998

petunia4998

Incubus

• GS Member
  • 801 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 04:38 PM

Cambion, that is an interesting concept.  I suppose you could always will yourself to die; is that what you meant?  We have all heard stories of long married couples where one dies, the other dies soon after.

I have always thought that Do Not Resusitate orders were a kind of suicide, although not quite as harsh.

What do you think?   bunny.gif

Poor Canis, bless your heart.  Well, it was just your body's way of ridding itself of toxins.  bunny.gif

#17 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,519 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 17 November 2009 - 04:52 PM

Both my parents had a Do Not resucitate document. And I'm glad they did, both were very ill before they died, and I believe were suffering. My dad even told me a year or so before he passed that he wanted to go (my mom had died the year before after a debilitating stroke) She hated that someone had to do everything for her, and she couldnt really communicate much
Posted Image

#18 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE(Vlawde @ Nov 17 2009, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Both my parents had a Do Not resucitate document. And I'm glad they did, both were very ill before they died, and I believe were suffering. My dad even told me a year or so before he passed that he wanted to go (my mom had died the year before after a debilitating stroke) She hated that someone had to do everything for her, and she couldnt really communicate much

AWWWW Sorry V, I lost my parents too and its really difficult to go through. Picture 518.gif

#19 Caniswalensis

Caniswalensis

Spongebob Swearpants

• GS Member
  • 8,784 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE(petunia4998 @ Nov 17 2009, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Poor Canis, bless your heart.  Well, it was just your body's way of ridding itself of toxins.  bunny.gif

...and a ham sandwich. bunny.gif

#20 ectomist

ectomist

Train Wreck Conductor

• GS Member
  • 358 posts
  • Interests:Horses, ghosts and more.

Posted 18 November 2009 - 12:06 PM

I had Mono as a kid.. 3 months. I was VERY ILL. I would get up in the morning.. crawl down the stairs and then fall asleep for several hours on the rug at the base of the stairs.. then I would crawl to the kitchen and fall asleep under the table. During meals my mother would hold a peach slice in her hand and I would lift my head and suck it down, just like a begging dog. After the meal I would crawl back to the rug and sleep then up the stairs to my room and sleep.
I had a very clear understanding that I did these things, Daily!
My mother will tell you I never once left that bed not even to go to the bathroom.
I would tell her what was talked about at the dinner table, what they were eating, etc...
She would say Catherine I dont know how you know that but Im telling you.. you never left your room. She claims she never fed me peaches either.

Astral I dont know but I know in the months before I was ill my grandmother would take me to the Edgar Casey Center (We lived in Va Beach at the time) She would go there for classes on Astral Projection and I would tag along and sit in the back of the classes trying to center myself and be one and leave my body.
I only know of 1 time I did it for sure and I was so shocked to see myself below me I slammed right back into my body. I felt the weight of it.

Your guess is as good as mine.

One must but open their eyes, to see what it right in front of them.