Free Skins
© Fisana

Saw My Husbands Ghost - He's Still Alive!

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 IseeGhosts

IseeGhosts

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 10:48 AM

Last night I was in the bathroom with the door open brushing my teeth. The sink is right next to the door. When I was done a turned to the door and my husband was standing there - it scared me so I screamed and must have blinked and he was gone. Vanished! It was no way it was him - he disappeared within a second and the bathroom is connected to the master bedroom so for him to get out of their within a second he'd need to jump over the bed which had boxes on it at the time and open the bedroom door and close it. To boot there is a mirror on the opposite wall to the bathroom and entry door to the bedroom so you can see the bed and the door but nothing. When I walked into the living room my husband was sitting on the couch watching tv and he saw I was frazzled but I did not tell him what I saw because he doesn't believe in ghosts or supernatural stuff. Me on the otherhand I have always seen ghosts, shadow people, etc - my sons also see them.

But my question is what does this mean when you see a ghost of a living person who is wide awake? I have read numerous things such as; many there will be some kind of change in that person's life, badluck, death? What's your thoughts. Thanks in advance.

I have never seen a ghost of a living person. I have seen my father's ghost many years after he passed and my brother's ghost directly after he passed but never have I seen a ghost of a living person. Any thoughts or experiences you have had with regards to this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

~Brittan

#2 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,519 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 27 October 2015 - 10:52 AM

Welcome to the forums! Sounds more like a Doppleganger versus an actual ghost. We have several discussions on them here
Posted Image

#3 IseeGhosts

IseeGhosts

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 10:52 AM

Sorry ...  I some how posted this twice ... no clue how.

#4 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,519 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 10:54 AM

No worries. Its a doppleganger thread! ;)  Here's a link to one of the discussions  http://www.paranorma...ger#entry546240
Posted Image

#5 IseeGhosts

IseeGhosts

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 10:55 AM

But doesn't a doppleganger represent different meanings? Should I cleanse the house with sage? Lol. I haven't done that for a couple years.

#6 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,519 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 11:00 AM

There are various stories about what it could mean, but nothing proven. IMO it's just one of those weird things that happen. Not sure if saging has any effect or not
Posted Image

#7 IseeGhosts

IseeGhosts

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 11:26 AM

The doppelganger thread doesn't really explain too much. I know my grandmother saw my mom run around a house they were living in at the time - many years ago and I think that was a demon/poltergeist - my mom has many bad supernatural experiences in that house she used to live in.She won't even drive by it - too scared it will follow her home. But she was already in a bad situation living with her husband and his mother who were nasty people. I think the ghost was just trying to get them to be nastier to her by making them mad at her. What she experienced in that house is similar to the ones you see in poltergeist movies which includes trying to run up the stairs and her feet being stuck in tar like substance and struggling to make it up the stairs. So freaky - hell yes. :)

#8 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,519 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 11:28 AM

Here's a list of threads on the phenomenon, maybe one of these will help. BTW if you are looking for something in particular, the search function is helpful!    http://www.paranorma...h&fromMainBar=1
Posted Image

#9 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Disembodied Voice

• GS Member
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 09:56 AM

Just a doppleganger, not a ghost. They take the form of already living people. I've never seen them do anything harmful.Their sudden appearance is more surprising than anything else. I've seen one twice. One of my dad, and one of my mum. Neither of them did anything that would actually be considered scary, just repeated common actions that my parents did (dad was walking into my room, mum was watering plants in the living room while I knew for a fact they were both elsewhere).

Edited by moiraesfate, 28 October 2015 - 09:58 AM.

#10 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • 1,839 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 28 October 2015 - 11:06 AM

Phenomena, (doppelgängers) like this have never been explained but many feel it's a mental projection. What is creepy are experiences where one is walking down a hallway in the middle of the night for the restroom and one sees themselves walking the opposite way down the hallway. Now that would definitely make me wonder if I died and my consciousness hadn't accepted it....really frightening stuff. Do NOT believe it's bad luck or an omen, It's a wise tale initiated from a lack of understanding of the phenomena. There isn't any proof of that theory and manifesting the thought isn't healthy.

Edited by evp, 28 October 2015 - 11:12 AM.

Posted Image

#11 belar

belar

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my wife and kids, reading fantasy fiction, movies, twisty puzzles, and learning about the paranormal.

Posted 28 October 2015 - 11:27 AM

Was your husband wearing the same clothes when you saw him in the bathroom and when you found him watching TV?

#12 IseeGhosts

IseeGhosts

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 11:50 AM

Did anything negative or bad happen after seeing them ... I keep reading different accounts of after effects. Some says yes and some says no. I wonder why the difference. The one I saw just scared me because it was so close ... less than a foot away from me ... which startled me. If it was walking through the room I most likely wouldn't have screeched. But why so close? It didn't do anything scary just startled me due to the closeness.

Belar ... no the doppelganger was wearing a different outfit then my husband on the couch.

#13 IseeGhosts

IseeGhosts

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 12:17 PM

Regardless I saged the house yesterday .. lol. Better safe than sorry. I just wonder why it would be up in my face. I think many entities try to perceive themselves as doppelgangers. I read more info on another website which stated more info on it which covered quite a bit but I still think they could have covered more. Here's the link: http://hubpages.com/hub/Paranormal-Experiences-Ghosts-Of-The-Living  Interesting read. Some told said he could be projecting and I was like not likely he was awake not asleep. That's the part that gets me and why would it be up in my face like that? He didn't have a mean face or anything freaky just normal. Obviously he didn't want me to ignore him/it. I ignore ghosts all day long ... lol. I figure they are doing their thing and I am doing my thing so whatever ... lol. :)

#14 Captain Kundalini

Captain Kundalini

Haunted Hollywood Guru

• 1,556 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:41 PM

Hi! Welcome to the best forum on the Internet. There are good people here and now you are one of us.
Your account is very interesting. Has your husband ever spoken with you about having out of body experiences?
You may have seen what is known as a doppelgänger: an apparition or double of a living person.
This blows my mind more than ghosts! in some traditions, they are harbingers of bad luck.
I don't subscribe to that myth, though.

#15 Chris Charles

Chris Charles

EVP

• GS Member
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Anything odd and crazy, who doesn't love a good mystery.

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:58 PM

this may not be as scary as you think, you've heard the theory of residual hauntings, that strong emotions and actions can some how be absorbed into the very walls and buildings, this then leaks out every now and then giving you a ghostly replay of the past, it is in my strong belief that if someone has made an impact in an area it is fully possible for an instance of them to remain behind, in short, someone that is alive now can haunt somewhere.

Just to add, I believe I had a similar experience when I was at my girl friends house, on her landing I saw a girl that I swear looked like a younger version of my girlfriend, given that she had lived int hat house since she was 12 it was perfectly possible I saw a glimpse of the past rather than a ghost.
Things go bang in the night, but don't be scared.

I do a series of ghost report videos on youtube, feel free to check them out https://www.youtube....y4-p5N_JYw50-SQ

#16 IseeGhosts

IseeGhosts

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 09:13 PM

My concern is somewhat worried for my health. Many years ago I saw my dad's ghost (he was an evil man in life) he was deceased at the time. I was in the laundry room at the time then I felt a breeze go past my feet I assumed it was my dog running past my legs but when I looked he was not there then I looked back towards the door and my deceased father's ghost was standing there with an angry expression on his face ... it scared me and I screamed then he vanished and my dog ran in. A month or so later I became very ill and none of the doctors could figure out what was causing it - even till this day no one knows. It has been over 20+ yrs since that happened. I am still ill till this day and I am getting worse. Recently my white blood count has been high and I supposed to get the results from the oncologist on Monday about if I have cancer or leukemia. I didn't think about me seeing my father's ghost until I spoke with my mom and put 1 + 1 together with me getting sick after seeing him. Now I am wondering if my husband's doppelganger is warning me of whats to come. Especially being right in my face. Thoughts?

#17 IseeGhosts

IseeGhosts

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 09:19 PM

Ow and btw my husband is not a believer in supernatural events and no he never stated ever having an out of body experience.

#18 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,519 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 09:44 PM

The doppleganger story about being an omen is just an old wive's tale IMO. It's an interesting phenomena, but don't worry about it having any particular meaning or let yourself think it's negative. That's a self-fulfilling prophecy. It's just one of those cool things that is very rare. I've never heard of anyone getting harmed by one. They may not even be conscious, could be a projection from you or your husband that isn't self aware
Posted Image

#19 IseeGhosts

IseeGhosts

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 09:49 PM

We shall see come Monday ... lol.

BTW I love your signature picture ... lol. ... too cool.

#20 lilclairey2010

lilclairey2010

Succubus

• GS Member
  • 735 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 02:43 PM

I hope it is good news for you on monday.
I wouldnt link this recent event with your current situation. It will just worry you more.

Is there no link between a high white blood count and hallucinations?

Posted Image

Created by Silent Walker