• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#21 I See Thru You

I See Thru You

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Ghoststudy...lol, I live for it. Hanging out with my family. Cleaning, cooking...blah blah blah, the usual stuff.

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

The impression I got from the question of the boy running was that they thought you were taking a picture of a boy. The asking about running is due to the fact that children will often see things we do not and become startled. I think the question was more of a "Did the little boy give any indication of paranormal being around him?" I don't think they understood that the boy was not there when you took the picture because it is so clear.

With that being said...The picture is perplexing. I do not see the other anomalies you are talking about. I do see a certain eeriness about the boy, but I am thinking it might be because of the low resolution and pollution of the branches. Is it possible that someone was walking up there and it just went unnoticed? I know kids can sometimes stray from their families and run off.

Great picture for discussion though
. :yes:
IPB Image

~~~~ Alicia ~~~~

#22 Paranormal_RN

Paranormal_RN

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Interests:Reading!!!!!!!!
    Redoing old furniture
    Paranormal

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

My apologies to Safire for my unprofessional and rude response to her post.  It was uncalled for.  I have no excuse for taking a really bad couple of days out on any member of this community.  My apologies to everyone.
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should!"  Ash, aka T-Rex

"Your just jealous because the little voices talk to me!"

#23 robertbreyes

robertbreyes

Apport

• GS Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

View PostI See Thru You, on 05 January 2013 - 07:09 PM, said:

The impression I got from the question of the boy running was that they thought you were taking a picture of a boy. The asking about running is due to the fact that children will often see things we do not and become startled. I think the question was more of a "Did the little boy give any indication of paranormal being around him?" I don't think they understood that the boy was not there when you took the picture because it is so clear.

With that being said...The picture is perplexing. I do not see the other anomalies you are talking about. I do see a certain eeriness about the boy, but I am thinking it might be because of the low resolution and pollution of the branches. Is it possible that someone was walking up there and it just went unnoticed? I know kids can sometimes stray from their families and run off.

Great picture for discussion though
. :yes:
thank you for your time and consideration. In regard to the boy you'd have to see this. he is standing on a 10 foot wall. I had to crop the picture to submit it. I belive it's a brick wall. with all that vegetation there is no way in it or throgh it. Granted i know kids can and will walk the tops of such structures, in this case however it would be impossible without tearing a noticable path. nothing around him looks disturbed. I'm not an expert or even a novice for that matter. but i do believe in the existance of ghost. Me taking the picture was just dumb luck I was not ghost hunting I didn't pick up any ghostly vibes. I'm almost tempted to go back and take more photos because i really feel that the boy called to my subconcious, so I wouldnt be startled, to have me take the picture. he wanted to be seen hes almost even posing. Forgive the rambling. and I'm sorry for getting upset, I was more hurt than angry.
"Sceince without religion is lame, religion without science is blind" Albert Einstein

#24 robertbreyes

robertbreyes

Apport

• GS Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:12 AM

Attached File  untitled.JPG   43.25K   77 downloadshere's one of the anomolies in retrospect to the boys head

Edited by robertbreyes, 07 January 2013 - 04:21 AM.

"Sceince without religion is lame, religion without science is blind" Albert Einstein

#25 robertbreyes

robertbreyes

Apport

• GS Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:28 AM

here's the other one in retrospect to the boy

Attached Files

#26 robertbreyes

robertbreyes

Apport

• GS Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:43 AM

View PostSnowlord, on 05 January 2013 - 05:07 PM, said:

The same effect is visible in the thick branch to the right .. just past where it makes an X. It's just an illusion caused by the foreground detail and low resolution. The branch that curves from bottom left to upper right seems to disappear in places as it gets foreground branches in front of it.

Posted Image

What looks like holes in the boy is just branches in front of him with bad pixel distortion around them. Look at it around this branch. It blocks out the background behind it.

Posted Image

SNOWLORD with regard to the hands. i've never seen a child with hands like these.  or any one for that matter. there oddly shaped, do you agree?

#27 Snowlord

Snowlord

Ghoststudy's Official Photo Expert

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,215 posts
  • Interests:Photography ... Chess ... Nature ... Astronomy ... Kicking Butt...stuff like that.

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:55 AM

I do agree that the hands look misshapen in this image, along with other things .. but here is my problem with that, and other claims of strange detail from this image. You are using a 10 year old camera here, with a small out of date 3.2 mega pixel sensor, and the camera is set at 3rd lowest resolution. Plus you mention that you have cropped the image. You're probably looking at proportionally less than 2 megapixels comparatively in this image. Add to that the flash has fired, and has bounced off the branches closest to you, which means that the image is exposed and metered for the foreground detail.

All this means that the background of this image is going to be darker than the camera would prefer, and at this very low resolution this is going to result in possible distortions, blurring, noise, blocky pixels, and maybe other problems I can't think of at the moment. The result of this is an image that might be acceptable at full size, but will very quickly degrade as you zoom in and I believe will be very unreliable for examining small details and basic clarity. I feel that this is why all the effects and odd things you mention are visible here.

Whether or not you have captured something paranormal in this image, and I am not a proper judge of that part of it, the image itself is not, in my opinion, of good enough quality for the type of detailed analysis you are giving it. All I can recommend is that you set your camera to the maximum possible resolution .. use a tripod or some type of support when possible .. and try to expose and focus for your subject ( which I know you couldn't have done for this image, but keep it in mind for future reference ).

#28 DieRomantic

DieRomantic

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Music, Photography, Annoying People.

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:36 PM

It looks like a boy or maybe even shorter adult leaning over the railing, which is giving the whole distorted body shape effect. The legs and head arent see through, they are quite solid its just the vegetation in front  because its exactly like the vegetation behind the figure making it seem as though its the case.
It appears that the person has their hands together. As for the face. The more you zoom the worst the pixellation gets, you can't even really make out an actual face, just a cartoonish one. That is once again distorted from placement of vegetation.
It doesnt look like they are standing on a fence but a walkway. As there are railings on either side of it and the base looks to be log.

#29 robertbreyes

robertbreyes

Apport

• GS Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

View PostSnowlord, on 08 January 2013 - 08:55 AM, said:

I do agree that the hands look misshapen in this image, along with other things .. but here is my problem with that, and other claims of strange detail from this image. You are using a 10 year old camera here, with a small out of date 3.2 mega pixel sensor, and the camera is set at 3rd lowest resolution. Plus you mention that you have cropped the image. You're probably looking at proportionally less than 2 megapixels comparatively in this image. Add to that the flash has fired, and has bounced off the branches closest to you, which means that the image is exposed and metered for the foreground detail.

All this means that the background of this image is going to be darker than the camera would prefer, and at this very low resolution this is going to result in possible distortions, blurring, noise, blocky pixels, and maybe other problems I can't think of at the moment. The result of this is an image that might be acceptable at full size, but will very quickly degrade as you zoom in and I believe will be very unreliable for examining small details and basic clarity. I feel that this is why all the effects and odd things you mention are visible here.

Whether or not you have captured something paranormal in this image, and I am not a proper judge of that part of it, the image itself is not, in my opinion, of good enough quality for the type of detailed analysis you are giving it. All I can recommend is that you set your camera to the maximum possible resolution .. use a tripod or some type of support when possible .. and try to expose and focus for your subject ( which I know you couldn't have done for this image, but keep it in mind for future reference ).

thank you Snowlord  for taking the time to explain these things to me. it makes sense. and i want to apologize, not only to you but everyone who had read my earlier, childish and sarcastic posts,  I'm sorry .  Again thankyou

#30 Snowlord

Snowlord

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,215 posts
  • Interests:Photography ... Chess ... Nature ... Astronomy ... Kicking Butt...stuff like that.

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:30 AM

View Postrobertbreyes, on 08 January 2013 - 08:40 PM, said:

...  it makes sense. and i want to apologize, not only to you but everyone who had read my earlier, ..... posts ...

It's all good, not to worry. And don't let this stop you from posting images here. And remember my comments are only aimed at the photograph itself and not the photographer.

#31 Snowlord

Snowlord

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,215 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:40 AM

View PostDieRomantic, on 08 January 2013 - 06:36 PM, said:

... It looks like a boy or maybe even shorter adult leaning over the railing, which is giving the whole distorted body shape effect ...... It appears that the person has their hands together .... It doesnt look like they are standing on a fence but a walkway ... As there are railings on either side of it and the base looks to be log ...

Reading that description and then looking at the picture I can make that image work.

#32 MortimerGraves

MortimerGraves

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:15 AM

Perhaps the fuzziness of the child's head is what lead you to believe it was a ghost. Likely, he moved during the shot. Now for another statement. When you say there was no one there at the time, you mean you didn't notice anyone there until afterwards, I take it. The question is valid then if you saw nothing or no one in the shot, why is the shot centered perfectly on the boy?
Who you gonna call?

#33 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,179 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

I don't know if it's a ghost or not.... But that child looks creepy!!  :happy0045:

Posted Image

"Life doesn't get easier...

You just get stronger."

#34 robertbreyes

robertbreyes

Apport

• GS Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

View PostMortimerGraves, on 11 January 2013 - 09:15 AM, said:

Perhaps the fuzziness of the child's head is what lead you to believe it was a ghost. Likely, he moved during the shot. Now for another statement. When you say there was no one there at the time, you mean you didn't notice anyone there until afterwards, I take it. The question is valid then if you saw nothing or no one in the shot, why is the shot centered perfectly on the boy?
the boy does appear to be centered and down right posing for the photo however where the boy is standing is the top of a ten foot brick wall capturing the boy was dumb luckl. I wasn't ghost huntingl I was at a job site taking a break and only took the picture because the vegetation looked eerie.  i regret not having a better camera or at least setting that camera at a higher resolution. but for what it's worth there was no boy on top of that wall. it;s not a walk way or bridge.

#35 Guest_SilentWalkerGStudy_*

Guest_SilentWalkerGStudy_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:51 PM

You had selected Strikethrough on your font when you replied RB so I have edited it so your response is readable. SW

#36 Safire973

Safire973

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

View Postrobertbreyes, on 15 January 2013 - 01:31 PM, said:

the boy does appear to be centered and down right posing for the photo however where the boy is standing is the top of a ten foot brick wall capturing the boy was dumb luckl. I wasn't ghost huntingl I was at a job site taking a break and only took the picture because the vegetation looked eerie.  i regret not having a better camera or at least setting that camera at a higher resolution. but for what it's worth there was no boy on top of that wall. it;s not a walk way or bridge.
Perhap you can go back to that area and snap more pictures?

I swear that's no wall, but a bridge of some sort.  If it's a wall, it's suspended in mid air as you can see trees/sky/forest above it and below it.
I fully believe that not everyone is meant to see things; some things you just aren't meant to know.

#37 Lindsay Loo

Lindsay Loo

Orb

• GS Member
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

I do see the child person and to me it almost has a messed up face, not quite human maybe. Although that could just be the tress obscuring my view of the face.  Very neat capture anyway!

#38 Vladislav

Vladislav

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:02 AM

Well, even though no one can say it's 100% fake or 100% real, I think it has a higher chance of being real, because it does look like you can see through the child, and that white shiny skull floating in the air above him? So unless it's fake, which I believe it's not, it is probably one of the best ghost pictures I have ever seen. That's a really good capture. I suggest you make a video and take more pictures of that place/area. A few captures in the same are might make things more clear to determine.

#39 robertbreyes

robertbreyes

Apport

• GS Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:42 AM

View Postrobertbreyes, on 05 January 2013 - 01:29 AM, said:

Attachment IMG_0294.JPGi took this pic with my  digital camera near a residential rental in Hidden Hills Ca. this was a chance photo. I took picture because i thought the vegetation looked eerie. this is what appeared. when i viewed picture. eventhough i believe in the existance of ghosts, I still found myself scrutinizing the photo, trying to find some logical explanation for what i saw. I didn't belive the color would be so vibrant there are also a few other anomolies that appear a floating head and some type of old west  mountain man,  Yeah like i was saying when i looked back at the vegetation there were no red and blue or bright white that i could have mistaken for the clothing. I welcome your comments and opinions regarding this pic or contact me if you have any questions pertaining to picture thank you.(if you use the head of the ghost as center clock for reference, at the 8:00 clock position you'll see that mountain man. and above his head almost to the top slightly left is a floating head of an old man
Here's the floating head

Attached Files

#40 robertbreyes

robertbreyes

Apport

• GS Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:20 AM

View PostSafire973GStudy, on 15 January 2013 - 06:11 PM, said:

Perhap you can go back to that area and snap more pictures?

I swear that's no wall, but a bridge of some sort.  If it's a wall, it's suspended in mid air as you can see trees/sky/forest above it and below it.
I had to crop the photo because it was too large to post, keep in mind i only intended  to photograph the vegetation were i stood was not too far and not too close.  I am , however considering returning to that location to take photos of both sides of the wall and a few angled in effort to debunk this bridge or walk way speculation. It does look like a walk way or bridge of some sort.. It's impossible, just from this photo alone, for someone to know that it's a wall. If someone else would have took this photo and told me it was a wall I'd be sceptical as well. thank you for viewing and leaving comments

Edited by robertbreyes, 16 January 2013 - 04:39 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ghosts, anomiles, haunting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users