81 replies to this topic

#41 MortimerGraves

MortimerGraves

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:54 AM

Even if it is indeed a wall, 10 foot high or otherwise, most boys would have to walk it just for the thrill of it. I suspect the child wasn't supposed to be there, but he was caught in the act of a dangerous stunt!
Who you gonna call?

#42 robertbreyes

robertbreyes

Apport

• GS Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:37 AM

View PostDieRomantic, on 08 January 2013 - 06:36 PM, said:

It looks like a boy or maybe even shorter adult leaning over the railing, which is giving the whole distorted body shape effect. The legs and head arent see through, they are quite solid its just the vegetation in front  because its exactly like the vegetation behind the figure making it seem as though its the case.
It appears that the person has their hands together. As for the face. The more you zoom the worst the pixellation gets, you can't even really make out an actual face, just a cartoonish one. That is once again distorted from placement of vegetation.
It doesnt look like they are standing on a fence but a walkway. As there are railings on either side of it and the base looks to be log.
the left hand is oddly shaped and his right hand is positioned slightly below his right shoulder, as if carrying a back pack or something of that nature,  over his shoulder, further more this is not a walk way or bridge there's no hollow corridor or center for the allowance of vegetation to be in front or back this wall and vegetation were appears to have been planned as a barrier. its not a camp ground or park. it's on private property the property, however it is next to a highway. Highway 101 i believe but don't quoted me I'll google it later to verify. i've heard even a few opinions proposing motion blur to account for the oddnes of his face. Now there are several types of motion blur. the type in this case that might be applicable is when a still camera shoots an object and the objec moves while the shutter is open. It's not his head that's blurry, it's his face. Now i dont know of any human that can move their faced fast enough, without moving their head, to cause motion blur. the face also looks cartoonish. Actually it appears that were their is flesh showing there is an oddness to it. Furthermore with regard to transparency i've heard accounts of people interacting or watching someone walking or doing something and then just vanish. When i took the picture i immediatly looked back up i even rushed to the around the back side because i didn't understand how the boy got their.You see this barrier acts more as a blinder so that the residents when in the backyard they would have privacy from the highway. Its got trees in front and back. it's fairly long, and as you can see, tall. you can walk around it , but through it or in it is impossible , without tearing a noticeable path to where the boy was standing. I'm going to take more photos soon but whats troubling is that there's alot of ego involved. hardly anyone wants truth it's good to question and even ask for more proof or ask questions to help understand something. their are some people.that, for whatever reason,say they belive, but make every attempt to dismiss the photo and when they run out of explainations to debunk the photo they say it's altered of hoaxed. And why it's our egos i've been involved with law enforcement on and off over the years and the investigatiors i've worked with, not all but the majority , are not looking for the truth. they just want to find info that fits there objective or scenerio. this happens with archeologist as well and scientist and so on. Be objective but don't loose sight of our main objective and in this field you must be intellectually satisfied don't be swayed by the more advanced. They themselve are prone to error or oversight I don't know why i'm telling you this i actually started off pretty upset but not wanting to be offensive I hope this helps in some way Not to convince you on my photo but to life in general. This has actually been therapuetic for me and i thank you.
I'm also enclosing the part of the photo with the foatng head tell me what you think

Attached Files

"Sceince without religion is lame, religion without science is blind" Albert Einstein

#43 Snowlord

Snowlord

Ghoststudy's Official Photo Expert

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,214 posts
  • Interests:Photography ... Chess ... Nature ... Astronomy ... Kicking Butt...stuff like that.

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:09 PM

View Postrobertbreyes, on 18 January 2013 - 09:37 AM, said:

...  i've heard even a few opinions proposing motion blur to account for the oddnes of his face. Now there are several types of motion blur. the type in this case that might be applicable is when a still camera shoots an object and the objec moves while the shutter is open .. It's not his head that's blurry, it's his face. Now i dont know of any human that can move their faced fast enough, without moving their head, to cause motion blur .... I'm also enclosing the part of the photo with the foatng head tell me what you think

He doesn't have to be moving his head at all .. it is most likely the movement of the branches combined with some minor handheld camera shake that is causing the branches in front of the face to blur, thus causing the effect.

As far as the "oddness to the flesh",  please refer back to my earlier comment about the quality of the camera and the resulting image. You can't trust that level of detail in an image of this resolution.

The floating head is a dust orb with background detail showing through.

#44 robertbreyes

robertbreyes

Apport

• GS Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:06 AM

View PostSnowlord, on 18 January 2013 - 01:09 PM, said:

He doesn't have to be moving his head at all .. it is most likely the movement of the branches combined with some minor handheld camera shake that is causing the branches in front of the face to blur, thus causing the effect.

As far as the "oddness to the flesh",  please refer back to my earlier comment about the quality of the camera and the resulting image. You can't trust that level of detail in an image of this resolution.

The floating head is a dust orb with background detail showing through.

their does appear to be slight blurring  due to the movement of the branches , however that does not account for the odd structure of  his face and hands. And I know that just because a person might  look odd that doesn't mean that it's a ghost.  we've seen people in our lives who looked strange, but this happens rarely. again this alone cannot prove or disprove my photo but when you take a proponderance  of evidence it cout lean that way.
Now in regard to another type of motion blur that you cited, the stlight hand shake, effects the whole photo, not just parts. .
Now in regard to the floatiing head., it's not a dust orb i'ts way too far from  my camera for the flash to effect a dust partical especially with my cheap camera. I'ts not even an orb.  it's not round, it doesn't have the density that a real orb would. I do however belive it to be paranormal. To me it literally appears to be the ghostly head of an old man,
Snowlord i'm thinkng about going up there to take more photos and i would like for you to set me some tasks or certain photo opps that would get you to consider my photo to possibly being a ghost. Because you are so greatly respected here and  i'm sure everywhere else you go , that when you dismiss a photo that quickly so will about 80 percent of the members., And with just cause because it does appear that you have more knowledge than most. and if i can convince you, that it's possible that it is a ghost, then the community will at least view the photo in a non biased manner And this might be asking too much, but i figure it's all or nothing, i  dont want just the basic ghost hunting do's and dont's let;s pretend that you initially took the photo and you  where encountering the same skepticall comments and you intended to take more pictures to help prove your case but could'nt go and i offered to go for you. what photos would you have me take and how. By now you probably think i'm some nut cake.lol i'm reading what i've typed so far and it was going good untill i mentioned the pretend part. lol
Sbowlord i'm not a ghost hunter. like i've said before this was just dumb luck. but i'ts real now i understand you have your doubts based on the photo. but i'm asking you to be empathetic enough to help me  thank you
"Sceince without religion is lame, religion without science is blind" Albert Einstein

#45 Judecat

Judecat

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:18 AM

You didn't ask for my opinion of what kind of  photo's you should take as "proof" ,but I'm going to give it anyway.    The problem is that in the photo it looks very much like some sort of log walkway with railings,  yet you say it's a flat wall with no clearance between the foliage in back and that in front.   So for me having more pictures of that wall taken from different angles,  would help.  After all a picture is worth a thousand words.

#46 Snowlord

Snowlord

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,214 posts
  • Interests:Photography ... Chess ... Nature ... Astronomy ... Kicking Butt...stuff like that.

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:47 AM

View Postrobertbreyes, on 20 January 2013 - 03:06 AM, said:

... there does appear to be slight blurring  due to the movement of the branches , however that does not account for the odd structure of  his face and hands ........  Now in regard to another type of motion blur that you cited, the stlight hand shake, effects the whole photo, not just parts ....... Now in regard to the floatiing head., it's not a dust orb i'ts way too far from  my camera for the flash to effect a dust partical ....... Snowlord i'm thinkng about going up there to take more photos and i would like for you to set me some tasks or certain photo opps that would get you to consider my photo to possibly being a ghost ........  what photos would you have me take and how ......... By now you probably think i'm some nut cake ...

To answer these points .....

- The "odd structure" you notice could be detail that is influenced by the low resolution and quality. At least it might be. Hard to tell without more to work with here ( More test images and attempted recreations of the image and such ).

- Hand shake can add a small amount of general blurring that adds softness to the image that you might not notice as image blurring but might possibly affect the kind of detailed analysis you are attempting here.

- The floating head is definitely, in my opinion, just a dust orb. Dust orbs like this are never far from the camera, but are floating very close to the lens of the camera in an area where they reflect the light of the flash. It's just an optical illusion if you think it is off in the distance. It is also clearly round, and anything breaking up the round edge of this orb, or adding to this round edge of the orb is clearly background detail, as is any detail that is causing facial pareidolia inside it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

There are no specific photo tasks I can set for you beyond suggesting using full resolution, and using stability ( tripod or whatever ) combined with the self timer, and learning to get proper exposure. As Judecat suggested, take many shots from different angles and maybe at different times with different lighting. The more you can do in these areas, the better the analysis will be.

And no .. the moderators don't allow nut-cakes here, so you can't be crazy, right?  :)

#47 MortimerGraves

MortimerGraves

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:21 AM

Orbs are the easiest things for mistaken idenity sice they can be caused by so many natural things. Dust, moisture, rain, inscets, reflection, flashlight someone forgot was in the area, etc. I have never seen an orb I thought was truly paranormal.

Oh, and if the "floating head" is actually in the distance instead of an up close orb as Snowlord pointed out, it could simply be debris in the vegitation. Old plastic bags caught in branches can give a startling image when viewed from certain angles!
Who you gonna call?

#48 Safire973

Safire973

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

View Postrobertbreyes, on 20 January 2013 - 03:06 AM, said:

Because you are so greatly respected here and  i'm sure everywhere else you go , that when you dismiss a photo that quickly so will about 80 percent of the members.
I think you'll find that's not the case.

Sometimes it may seem like a bunch of us don't believe a photo is "ghostly", but that's more because we've been around a while, and have seen hundreds, even thousands of pictures.  You tend to learn what's dust, pareidolia, blur, etc.

View PostJudecat, on 21 January 2013 - 05:18 AM, said:

You didn't ask for my opinion of what kind of  photo's you should take as "proof" ,but I'm going to give it anyway. The problem is that in the photo it looks very much like some sort of log walkway with railings,  yet you say it's a flat wall with no clearance between the foliage in back and that in front.   So for me having more pictures of that wall taken from different angles,  would help.  After all a picture is worth a thousand words.
I have to agree with Judecat here (and I think I posted something similar earlier in the thread).  It will be of a great help if you could possibly make it out there again and take more pictures.

Even with all the differing opinions in this thread, I find it's becoming very informative and hey, who knows?  With more pics, you may just prove us all wrong. :D
I fully believe that not everyone is meant to see things; some things you just aren't meant to know.

#49 SpukiKitty

SpukiKitty

Residual Haunting

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:56 AM

To, robertbreyes, welcome to the board. Rest assured we are not a bunch of killjoys. In fact, we're like a circle of good friends who like to check out different weird, paranormalish photos, video & audio and see what makes it tick. We are seekers like you. Please don't think we are dismissing you or your photo for funzies. You may have very well captured something, though noone knows for sure. The kid could very well be a ghost but we don't know for sure. You see, an attitude of healthy skepticism is a good thing because there's a lot of fakes, mistakes, paredolia & other goofs out there. However, a lot of stuff is genuinely unexplainable & possibly the real deal. Healthy skepticism is good for anything, from buying a car to spook photos. Always keep an open mind any way. That in mind, welcome to the Ghoststudy Forum. Please make yourself at home. :innocent0005: *HUG*

:jumping0045: :jumping0045: :jumping0045: :jumping0045: :jumping0045:

Edited by SpukiKitty, 25 January 2013 - 08:57 AM.

Posted Image

#50 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:11 AM

Dear Robertbreyes:

Forget the 2nd picture because Snowlord is correct but I've been looking and looking at your original shot and the 1st one in this post.  I tried to get rid of the 2nd but it didn't work.

First off, I have trouble with depth perception.   I could not tell if in your original shot I was viewing a walk way with rails on both sides of what looks like a walkway but as I look at Snowlord's closeup, the only thing I see is a single double rail fence.   Like I said, I have trouble with depth perception.

If I were you, I would go back and take a good look at that fencing.   If it is truly a single double rail fence, your capture becomes more intriguing simply because your capture appears to have his arm slung over the fence yet his legs are this side of it.

Forget the other stuff and deal with the elephant in the room.  lol   I wish you good luck!

View PostSnowlord, on 05 January 2013 - 05:07 PM, said:

The same effect is visible in the thick branch to the right .. just past where it makes an X. It's just an illusion caused by the foreground detail and low resolution. The branch that curves from bottom left to upper right seems to disappear in places as it gets foreground branches in front of it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#51 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,179 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:07 AM

The whole thing is obviously distorted to the point where anything in the picture is going to look like a ghost...

There... mystery solved :)

Posted Image

"Life doesn't get easier...

You just get stronger."

#52 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,753 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:59 AM

It would be interesting to see the OP go back and take, and post more pictures of the bridge or walkway.
Posted Image

#53 bree2981

bree2981

EVP

• GS Member
  • 77 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:05 PM

View Postrobertbreyes, on 05 January 2013 - 11:31 AM, said:

thank you so much just knowing you see the same chlid i see confirms the presents of a ghost because there was no  one there I have no reason to lie. you know you could have said something like " it's very clear that its a child so if there was no one there then you got a ghost photo. the detail is so well you might have a hard time convincing skeptics"  did you even read what i wrote? you must have just wiewed the picture because your asking me if the boy ran. Before commenting on a photo read what the person says you have no reason to deem them dishonest. Now if you dont see what that person sees than that's understandable. But if we see the same thing thing you rather believe that i'm lying. that in itself is eerie

i understand what u mean. no not calling u a lier . i have a eerie picture myself. i must of not caught the part of saying there  no one there or forgot after looking at the picture. it is a creepy aparition . especially being a child. if i affended u in anyway i didnt mean it that way. I'm an open person to everything and I'm sorry

Posted Image

#54 robertbreyes

robertbreyes

Apport

• GS Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

View Postrobertbreyes, on 05 January 2013 - 01:29 AM, said:

Attachment IMG_0294.JPGi took this pic with my  digital camera near a residential rental in Hidden Hills Ca. this was a chance photo. I took picture because i thought the vegetation looked eerie. this is what appeared. when i viewed picture. eventhough i believe in the existance of ghosts, I still found myself scrutinizing the photo, trying to find some logical explanation for what i saw. I didn't belive the color would be so vibrant there are also a few other anomolies that appear a floating head and some type of old west  mountain man,  Yeah like i was saying when i looked back at the vegetation there were no red and blue or bright white that i could have mistaken for the clothing. I welcome your comments and opinions regarding this pic or contact me if you have any questions pertaining to picture thank you.(if you use the head of the ghost as center clock for reference, at the 8:00 clock position you'll see that mountain man. and above his head almost to the top slightly left is a floating head of an old man
Okay  everyone I have good news, I sent this photo to photobucket. Now you can view in its full glory by clicking link
http://s1289.beta.ph...cc9c53.jpg.html

Edited by robertbreyes, 09 February 2013 - 08:48 PM.

#55 MortimerGraves

MortimerGraves

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:39 AM

View PostMortimerGraves, on 17 January 2013 - 08:54 AM, said:

Even if it is indeed a wall, 10 foot high or otherwise, most boys would have to walk it just for the thrill of it. I suspect the child wasn't supposed to be there, but he was caught in the act of a dangerous stunt!

Note to the OP: By what I am saying here, I am actually allowing for you not to have seen the child when you snapped the picture. The kid wasn't supposed to be there, so you had no reason to expect to see him.
Who you gonna call?

#56 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:25 AM

Hmmm.   One more test to pass.   Has Snowlord examined the Exif data?

Snowlord, have you ever been to this site:

http://regex.info/exif.cgi

I'm still a novice but I do read.

#57 Snowlord

Snowlord

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,214 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:13 PM

Thanks Menet. I am actually using the Exif Tool by Phil Harvey that this site you linked to uses. I didn't see anything out of the ordinary when I checked it.

#58 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:45 AM

Are you scratching your head?  :heart:

#59 Snowlord

Snowlord

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,214 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:05 PM

Just a dry scalp, that's all.  :)

#60 JamesRob

JamesRob

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 130 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal investigation (obviously), movies, baseball, hockey, and I do manage to steal some time to read.

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:22 AM

Well anyway... Allow me to be the benefit of the doubt poster.

I definately see the child, but I don't see the mountain man or any of the other things. If it were some kind of double exposure it would certainly be a convenient one and the clothing seems somewhat modern. Do you know much about that area or something that might have happened there?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ghosts, anomiles, haunting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users