• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#41 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,013 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 09 July 2017 - 12:28 PM

I'm sure our router is fine.  It's password protected :)

If someone wanted to get into our router and hack it, I'm sure they would have already.  Besides, the whole idea of having a camera is not telling anyone who is around anyway...  So....  ;)

Posted Image

"Life doesn't get easier...

You just get stronger."

#42 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

Don't Mess With Me

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,295 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 20 July 2017 - 05:49 AM

Catch anything on your spy camera yet?

#43 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Wraith

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 20 July 2017 - 06:04 AM

Any spys? Ninja's? ghosts? cranky old ladys? rotten children? lawn gnomes?
Do whatever makes you happy, whatever fruits your loops.

#44 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,013 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 29 July 2017 - 05:55 PM

Nothing out of the ordinary yet ;)

I did end up calling the police on a couple of teenagers tonight who were actually visiting the people in the adjacent apartment complex.  They got rather brave and started riding their bikes on our sidewalks and then sat in our landscaping at the end of the parking lot like it was theirs.  Our neighbor next door, who is an older lady and is bound to a wheelchair, is now worried that our cars will either get broken into or smashed up.  I told her these kids aren't that brave.  They're just wanting attention.  We'll see...

Posted Image

You just get stronger."

#45 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Wraith

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 29 July 2017 - 06:28 PM

Oh lord.. lol. Either they wanted attention, or they didn't realize what they were doing was disturbing the neighbors. Teens tend to lack common sense when it comes to those things.

#46 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,013 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 06:33 PM

Oh they knew what they were doing.  After I told one of them to go back to their own area, he sat in the flower bed at the end of the parking lot and was staring at me.  He knew lol

Posted Image

You just get stronger."

#47 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Wraith

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 07:19 PM

Lol, punk.

#48 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,013 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:12 AM

Funny thing...  we can't legally tell them to stay the heck off the property unless we have a written statement from the landlord...  Still don't quite understand that, but that's what the officer said.

Posted Image

You just get stronger."

#49 Capt-Zeanie

Capt-Zeanie

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 273 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Computer Programming, IT, Web Technologies, Space and Astronomy

Posted 30 July 2017 - 10:47 AM

Funny that. Something similar happened to me 15 years ago. I saw 2 blokes at 3am breaking in a neighbours house (4 houses away). I rang the police who told me they could not do anything as I could not prove over the phone it was not actually the neighbours having to break in because they had lost their keys.

So I had to wait till the mid morning the next day when the neighbours turned up from being at friend overnight to tell them their house was burgled and that the Police would not do anything until the ACTUAL owners reported the crime. They were not happy and when I got home from work later that day I had the local press outside wanting to know the whole story. So I made the papers and the top cop (Chief Constable) came out as a result of the newspaper and to apologise for being rubbish to me for the police to lying to me on the phone and apologise to the neighbours for not responding to my call.

It then turned out the thieves then robbed the local post office directly after leaving the neighbours house, so if they had responded to my call then 2 places could of been saved from being broken into.

#50 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,013 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 11:23 AM

View PostCapt-Zeanie, on 30 July 2017 - 10:47 AM, said:

Funny that. Something similar happened to me 15 years ago. I saw 2 blokes at 3am breaking in a neighbours house (4 houses away). I rang the police who told me they could not do anything as I could not prove over the phone it was not actually the neighbours having to break in because they had lost their keys.

So I had to wait till the mid morning the next day when the neighbours turned up from being at friend overnight to tell them their house was burgled and that the Police would not do anything until the ACTUAL owners reported the crime. They were not happy and when I got home from work later that day I had the local press outside wanting to know the whole story. So I made the papers and the top cop (Chief Constable) came out as a result of the newspaper and to apologise for being rubbish to me for the police to lying to me on the phone and apologise to the neighbours for not responding to my call.

It then turned out the thieves then robbed the local post office directly after leaving the neighbours house, so if they had responded to my call then 2 places could of been saved from being broken into.

Wow, that was pretty stupid of the police to not even look into it.  One thing a police officer should not do is assume.  I would say they are to blame for the post office getting robbed.  I bet the owners of that house really appreciate the response time of the police.  :down:

Posted Image

You just get stronger."

#51 Capt-Zeanie

Capt-Zeanie

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 273 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Computer Programming, IT, Web Technologies, Space and Astronomy

Posted 31 July 2017 - 02:13 AM

Yes Stupid, I mean who would really think that the owners of the house would break in by smashing a window at 3am and then 5mins later leg it as fast as possible...the Police did!

There have been a few other things happened over the years but I do not trust the police anymore. They always seem to be in the Police Station drinking Tea than fighting crime, and when something big happens it looks like everyone of them then turns up on mass but the smaller stuff they are not bothered. Personally I have rang them 3 times to inform them of 2 females who are driving around on false number plates and without a driving licence and car insurance. That was 3 years ago and they are still driving around today with the same made up numberplates etc. They own thousands in speeding fines, parking fines but nothing ever happens and one wonders what is the point of reporting crimes is nothing is done..

#52 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Wraith

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 10:09 AM

View PostCapt-Zeanie, on 31 July 2017 - 02:13 AM, said:

Yes Stupid, I mean who would really think that the owners of the house would break in by smashing a window at 3am and then 5mins later leg it as fast as possible...the Police did!

There have been a few other things happened over the years but I do not trust the police anymore. They always seem to be in the Police Station drinking Tea than fighting crime, and when something big happens it looks like everyone of them then turns up on mass but the smaller stuff they are not bothered. Personally I have rang them 3 times to inform them of 2 females who are driving around on false number plates and without a driving licence and car insurance. That was 3 years ago and they are still driving around today with the same made up numberplates etc. They own thousands in speeding fines, parking fines but nothing ever happens and one wonders what is the point of reporting crimes is nothing is done..

Wow, your police suck. The ones in my town are pretty good, they'll come out and have a look if you ask them to.

#53 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,590 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 31 July 2017 - 02:47 PM

Yeah, when we had someone shooting pellets at our house, officer Savage cruised our neighborhood the whole night. He wanted to make sure they didn't do it again.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#54 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,013 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:22 AM

View PostMacCionoadha BeanSidhe, on 31 July 2017 - 02:47 PM, said:

Yeah, when we had someone shooting pellets at our house, officer Savage cruised our neighborhood the whole night. He wanted to make sure they didn't do it again.

That's sort of how the officer I talked to went about things.  He stood out there for a half hour talking to the parents of those punks.  He said that the police used to have big problems with the people in that apartment complex because one of them was selling drugs and was a convicted felon.  I'm hoping that guy doesn't live there anymore.

Posted Image

You just get stronger."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users