10 Creepy Urban Japan Legends

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JohnHermes

JohnHermes

Apport

• GS Member
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:tarot, dreaming practices, shamanism, magick etc.

Posted 04 September 2019 - 04:49 AM

I came across this earlier.  This one is a pretty weird one to me.  Bathroom hauntings.

"Aka Manto is another of the popular Japanese urban legends to revolve around public bathrooms. According to the stories, Aka Manto was a beautiful man while alive. He was hounded so much by admirers that he eventually started wearing a mask to cover his beauty.
It is unclear how Aka Manto’s life ended, but it was likely gruesome as he now haunts public bathrooms. The stories say that you will be sitting in a stall and suddenly hear a mysterious voice asking, “Do you want red or blue paper?” If you choose blue, you will be strangled until your face is blue. If you choose red, you will be sliced apart until your clothes are stained red with blood."

http://ghostsnghouls...-urban-legends/

Posted Image

Edited by JohnHermes, 04 September 2019 - 04:50 AM.

#2 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 08:27 PM

Oh my I am glad I don't hear anything like that, although, I have had the shower come on and off. That is unsettling enough :fright: :rofl:  But my best bathroom scare was when a red belly black snake literally stuck its head out of the shower water drain.  I am just glad it decided to hide in the drain and not come out into the bathroom. And boy! Did I have a lot of showers with something over that drain :shocked:
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 05 September 2019 - 12:43 PM

There have been many bathroom scares around here...but, they are usually flatulent in nature :rofl:
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#4 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,223 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 05 September 2019 - 04:22 PM

LouczarGStudy, on 05 September 2019 - 12:43 PM, said:

There have been many bathroom scares around here...but, they are usually flatulent in nature :rofl:

Posted Image

Edited by MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, 05 September 2019 - 04:23 PM.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

Posted Image

My Shop

#5 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,223 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 05 September 2019 - 04:29 PM

Author and folklorist Matthew Meyer has stated that the Aka Manto has been recorded as a schoolyard rumor dating back as early as the 1930s. In that time, the word manto commonly referred to a sleeveless kimono-style jacket, whereas in the modern day, manto is the Japanese word for cloak or cape. Because of this, different generations have had differing views of Aka Manto's supposed physical appearance.

If an individual attempts to outsmart Aka/Aoi Manto by asking for a different color of paper, cloak or cape, it is often said that they will be dragged to an underworld or hell as a result. In some versions, choosing a "yellow" paper, cloak or cape will result in the occupant's head being forced into the toilet. Ignoring the spirit, or replying that one does not want or prefer either kind of paper, is said to make the spirit go away. In some accounts, rejecting both options and running away from Aka Manto will also result in the individual's survival.

Source: Wikipedia

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

Posted Image

My Shop

#6 KolIkA

KolIkA

EVP

• GS Member
  • 93 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 05:07 AM

LouczarGStudy, on 05 September 2019 - 12:43 PM, said:

:rofl: :bunny: