• You cannot reply to this topic
28 replies to this topic

#21 Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 05:05 PM

Kittafur and I are much closer these days.  I've been retired a little over 2 years and we hang out.  I think that things might have perked up around my house, being October and all.  (Thinning of the veil)  Actually, it could have began in July, because that was when KIttafur began waking me up with his cat calls.  That is so annoying at 2:00 a.m.

Ugh.  I stumble to the closed door of the front bedroom and find him scratch scratch scratching at the door.  No way was I opening it.  Cats think they own everything and this room I have kept him out of.  I don't need cat hair in that bedroom.  This went on for about a week but I refused to open the door no matter how much he complained about it. I remember telling my sister that if that room was occupied whatever was there would have to open the door for KIttafur, I wasn't going to.

Kittafur's occupation with the closed door was off and on until the middle of September.  We were together in the livingroom and I was getting ready to watch a movie when I heard this really strange sound coming from the front bedroom.  Kittafur was right on it.  He went to that door and started that cat calling.  That sound he made off and on in the middle of the night.  And then he was up on his hind legs scratching at the door.  And then he sat back down staring at that door.

And I was listening.  This time I heard it clearly.  It reminded me of someone moving along a wall.  Actually leaning against it and sliding along the wall even though I know that is impossible because no one is in that room and I have stuff along all the walls making it impossible to slide along any wall in that room yet that was the sound coming from that room.  I look at Kittafur who is looking at me.  He has this look when strange things go on.  It reads, "WTH are you going to do about this?"  He got me to open that door.

Kittafur went in first.  Took up the entryway, sat down and looked up at the ceiling.  This behavior drives me crazy but I think that I have figured out why cats do it but not until the next occurrence which took place in the kitchen.  It was the middle of the day.  I was at the table and Kittafur was laying on the rug in front of the icebox to my right when all of sudden metal began crashing and ringing.  It sounded as though someone were foraging through piles of metal and it was so loud that my flight response kicked in but I couldn't see anything and that kept me seated.

The entire event sounded as though it took place right in front me.  I could follow it along the wall from the pantry, to the dishwasher, the stove and the silverware drawers.  I actually began to worry that something was going to burst out from under the sink uninvited.  I looked to Kittafur to see his response to the intrusion.  He was sitting up and frozen in place, one paw appearing to reach outward in front of him and staring at the ceiling near the window and then overlooking the sink.  He was frozen.  I have never seen Kittafur unable to move.  He has always been fearful of loud noises and will slink away and hide.  Not this time.

I think he could see nothing and he was not hurt and that was what prompted him forward.  There is still all that loud crashing and banging of metal and he goes forward anyway and slinks up his catwalk and ventures to the window.  He is cautious and peers out.  I'm wondering when the noise will stop and it does stop right at the silverware drawers as Kittafur cautiously peers outside and then takes his seat in the window.  It's all over with.

It was amazing when I actually stopped and gave it thought.  To hear all that noise yet see nothing.  And it wasn't just me.  Kittafur heard it too.
My Signature
Happily Wacko.

#22 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 10:05 PM

Wow I think you and Kittafur were very brave.

Yes, I think the veil has thinned a tad early Posted Image for you :fright: this year.

Do you have any insight to what or who it was? It definitely was making itself heard :yes: and known.

All I can say, I am glad it happened during the day this time, and not while you were Posted Image
My Signature
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#23 Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 06:15 AM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 09 October 2019 - 10:05 PM, said:

Wow I think you and Kittafur were very brave.

Yes, I think the veil has thinned a tad early Posted Image for you :fright: this year.

Do you have any insight to what or who it was? It definitely was making itself heard :yes: and known.

All I can say, I am glad it happened during the day this time, and not while you were Posted Image

Good morning, Klainey.  Thank you for conversation.

I do not have a clue.  I do not know if something has taken up residence, is visiting or simply passing through.  Loud noises have always occurred here. I made an appointment to have the northside of my home inspected because the deck was removed and I had the AC inspected twice by a new company but came down with a cold and had to reschedule.  They were suppose to be here yesterday but rescheduled for today.

I don't think that the noise has anything to do with structural damage of any kind because there were no vibrations that I could see or feel.  Yes, sound is vibration but I could not see anything moving or feel it through the floor.  Something that loud that sounds like it is moving things should be moving things but nope.  If it follows the norm for my home, things will be quiet for months.

Kittafur is more of a snoop than I am.  I'll keep an eye on his behavior.
My Signature
Happily Wacko.

#24 Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 12 October 2019 - 10:31 PM

I certainly did not expect anything unusual today.  :no:  Kittafur and I were at the kitchen table most of the day.  He has his chair and I have mine.  At some point this afternoon I had things to move into the backroom.  I don't remember hearing anything this side of the door and Kittafur was asleep in his chair in the kitchen and apparently didn't hear anything either yet when I opened the door there was a loud noise in the room.  I didn't know what it was and I went into the room and Kittafur was right there beside me.  It was loud enough to disturb his sleep and bring him running.

What did it sound like?  I had to think about it and for as silly has it sounds, it made me think of a cheap gas powered model airplane flying around the room.  That is exactly what it sounded like.  Kittafur hasn't moved and neither have I.  We are looking for the point of origin.  There is nothing moving in the room, no movement at the window coverings, closet doors are closed and then I thought of the air register in the floor.  I stepped back and bent over to have a better look at it and the sound changes.  It doesn't sound the same.  It's not as loud and it is as though something is moving across the slats of the register at a terrific speed but that can't be it so there must be paper caught and it is making that noise but I don't see it, so I put a couple fingers to the register cover and it stopped.  I didn't see any paper, the furnace was still on but the noise had stopped and that was good enough for me.

It wasn't until this evening that I checked on that room to see if it was quiet.  It was.  And as long as I was there I decided to pull the register cover.  I couldn't get the darn thing off.  It's on there tight.  Just another thing for the contractor to check out because he rescheduled for Monday, the 14th of October.  I have a list.
My Signature
Happily Wacko.

#25 Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted Today, 06:32 AM

I didn't think to update this yesterday but while I was watching Sunday Morning I heard a noise and went into the back room and the noise from the register is nothing like what I heard originally but quieter.  Kittafur didn't give a crud.  He was snoozing.  Too bad he can't read because I would put him to work.  Instead I get to read on it.

Contractor is due here in 29 minutes.  I'm putting him to work too.
My Signature
Happily Wacko.

#26 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,059 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted Today, 07:01 AM

Cool, I hope he can fix everything.
My Signature

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#27 Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted Today, 08:37 AM

Morning, Mac.

It's 12:35 p.m. and he is not here yet. :fright:
My Signature
Happily Wacko.

#28 Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted Today, 01:04 PM

Couldn't reproduce the sounds and found nothing that could make those sounds.  The ductwork could use a cleaning but there wasn't any paper, just dust.  I couldn't get the cover off because it is not like the other covers, it's screwed down.  I missed that but the light isn't bright in that room either.

Kirk tightened down some flashing on the outside but moving it didn't produce anywhere near the sound that was in the kitchen and the air conditioner is not the problem.  I am ready for the winter months now.  Let it snow.
My Signature
Happily Wacko.

#29 Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted Today, 06:40 PM

WTH!?  I'm in the kitchen watching TV and Kittafur is in his bed at the end of the couch.  I hear something drop to the floor.  It doesn't bounce, it just hits the floor.  There is nothing over there yet the cat jumps down to have a look and then hops back up into his bed.  I have to get up and have a look myself, the only thing I see is something I'm not sure of so I pick it up and it is about the size of a peach pit, dried out and has hair attached to it.  It looks like cat poop!  WTH!!

Yeah.  I know what you are all thinking but Kittafur keeps himself clean and I brush and handle him all day.  His bed is at least four feet from where that old turd fell and there was no bounce, just a drop.  He wouldn't tolerate an old turb ball attached to his fur and neither would I.   He has a cat box that is kept cleaner than most.

I don't know what to think about this.  Weird.  Ha!  I wonder if it is another jottlers Flyaway.  LOL.
My Signature
Happily Wacko.

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com