Free Skins
© Fisana

Your Childhood Monsters. Mine Where Weird.

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_zidane2000_*

Guest_zidane2000_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2008 - 01:21 PM

when i was 5 or 6 i guess i made up these guys called hehumps they where tall skinny things with scales and humps they hundged over and i would see them at night and i remember following them into the woods at night once and while im pretty sure it was my imagination but i started to scare my brother with the detail id give him he can still tell me exactly what i would use to say that theyed come into my room and tell me to follow them into the woods there was useally 9 of them and theyd kinda go he hump he hump he hump he hump talking yea i dont remember anything else except for the time i dreamt i was in a dark room bumping into everything any one else got storys

#2 GhostlyGrace

GhostlyGrace

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Interests:Freaking people out with my thoughts & dreams

Posted 04 June 2008 - 01:26 PM

I have a poor memory but the only childhood monster I remember is one of my older sisters. LOL  
She used to terrorize me, tease me, etc.

Posted Image

#3 Guest_zidane2000_*

Guest_zidane2000_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2008 - 01:27 PM

lol my little sister is a monster she bit me when  she was angry once

#4 Joey

Joey

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Ahh... Music.

Posted 09 July 2008 - 02:37 PM

Oh my child hood monster... It kinda had a round body and a really long tail that could streach as far is it wanted it to. It had red eyes, and huge claws and teeth. I forget what I called it though.

ROUGH SKETCH:
I just remembered I called him Wolverine. Okay, I'm not winning any art shows.... I have a rather shaky hands  th_sarcastic_blum.gif . Pretty good for a 16 year old, eh?  th_sarcastic_blum.gif
~ Joey

Posted Image

Welcome to GhostStudy.
Where the puns never end.

Posted Image

#5 Miriavas

Miriavas

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts
  • Interests:Photography, life, my kids, survival.

Posted 09 July 2008 - 04:07 PM

Well one was a floating aligator.

After I moved into the old master bedroom, (My parents water bed wouldn't hold on tehr second floor) it was a dead bloody soldier....but I think he was real. A ghost not a monster. confused0068.gif
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity."~E.A. Poe

Blog~
Cache paranormal society

#6 PIT leader

PIT leader

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:ghost-hunting,videogames,metal and house music,horror films,comics

Posted 11 July 2008 - 06:44 AM

"Monsters" from my childhood (imagination and nightmares) are as follows:

Rissoll (sic?) head- A creature with claws, a raincoat and a rissoll for a head. Kept trying to kill me in nightmares and "Lived" in the back bedroom of the house.

Googley-eyes- A bizzare man walking past the front window of the house staring in with big googley eyes (in a nightmare.)

Bobo the clown- A weird looking clown with a horn that when played turns people to stone (in nightmares) Inspired by a clown I saw in a pet store when I was 4 (back then I had a fear of clowns.)

We have such sights to show you!

IF YOU HAVE TIME, VIEW MY VIDEOS (NOT PARANORMAL) AT   https://www.youtube....cGDuiN3AKqdqNpQ

#7 AmethystLongcat

AmethystLongcat

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 176 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 11:07 AM

My dad was the worst for making up scary monsters. The boogeyman was the first thing I was scared off, he'd tell me if I misbehaved then the boogeyman would get me. I used to imagine him has a green troll-like thing like from Fungus the Boogeyman.

My dad also had a weird poem book with odd monsters in like the "Sand-Witch"- a giant walking sandwich, some monster with no arms that lived behind washing up pots and then the ones I were most afraid of were these little monsters, coming in different shapes and sizes, that lived in a shoe cupboard. In the poem, it was written like a story with a boy telling the monsters to go away but something goes wrong and they eat him. If anyone knows the name of this book/ author, please let me know.

Other monsters for me included; Killer Clowns from Outerspace, talking poo ( see; I Bought a Vampire Motorbike) that jumps out of the toilet to get you and then the vampire aliens from LifeForce.

MadMax scared me to.
Ferocious Toaster

#8 Caniswalensis

Caniswalensis

Spongebob Swearpants

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,784 posts
  • Interests:History & the study of anything paranormal.

Posted 11 July 2008 - 11:10 AM

We just called it "The Clump"

It was just a mass of something, I don't know what.  I guess it depended on what it had been eating.  It lived in the storm sewers in my neighborhood, and all the local kids knew this for a fact. It was not safe to get too near a storm drain, so if a ball went into the gutter you just better forget about it, even if it was brand new.

It was the worst when the weather was wet.  It liked the wet, needed to be wet. So when the rains came it would get brave and come out also.  Once it snatched a dog that was walking down the sidewalk in broad daylight.  It was laying in the gutter under a big pile of soggy dead leaves, or maybe the leaves were a part of it. It just reached out and took this dog.  It was so fast the poor dog never had time to make a sound.  The next day, the leaves were gone and we could see they had been blocking a drain in the curb.

It must have liked that dog pretty well, because after that the dogs in our neighborhood kept going missing.  Once we heard one yelping somewhere down in the drain tunnels.  The poor kid who’s dog didn't come home the night before was standing in the street bawling while we listened to the yelps coming up from the big metal grate.  His family moved away the year after because he was still having emotional problems, and I later heard he was put in a rest home at the age of twenty three due to mental disability.

The very next year there was a new boy in the neighborhood that disappeared in a thunderstorm.  He was really small and we did not really play with him at all.  I guess he had never heard about the problem with the sewers. They never found him; just a rain cap with his name on it in one of the big runoff pipes miles away.  They said he got washed down the sewer by the rain water and drowned.  We all knew better.  We all knew the Clump had gotten him. Gotten him, eaten him, spit out his hat.  After that every new kid got a lecture about the sewers from all of the old hands.

As I grew older, I forgot about the clump, mostly.  I still avoid storm drains to this day, and tell myself I do it out of habit.  But sometimes when it is raining, I catch myself thinking about those days, wondering if some one is crying for their dog, or if they'll find another rain cap in the morning.

Canis

#9 BlueRose3

BlueRose3

Wraith

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 03:46 AM

My monster was in my dreams. I was around 6 years old. Every once in a while he would pop up in my dreams and scare the heck out of me. When ever he showed up I'd take off running scared to death. I called him the big red nose. He look like that childhood poem of the dish that ran away with the spoon... and the cow jumped over the moon... but he had a red, foot long pointy nose like Pinocchio.  I even woke up once and saw a dozen of him all different sizes floating all around the room. I was hallucinating though there was no reason for me to have been. Just waking up from having a nightmare of him.  Anyways after dreaming about him for a year he finally cornered me and asked me why I was so afraid of him. That he only wanted to be my friend. I was totally shocked and didn't know why I was so afraid of him so I couldn't answer him. I then lost my fear of him and said we could be friends. That was the last time I ever dreamt of him. I know, a very strange story but so true. LOL...

My poor niece when she was around 4 years old was scared to death of a puiedeau. The basement door was in the bathroom. She was sitting on the toilet when her father went to the basement. A few seconds later he comes running up the stairs yelling to my sister to hurry and bring him a mop, that there was a puiedeau in the basement.  She brings him a mop and he rushes back down. After that day my niece was scared to go to the bathroom because she thought the puiedeau monster would come up from the basement and grab her and drag her down into the basement and down the drain because she heard her father saying that the drain must be blocked, so she figured that it came from the drain hole.

Even when they tried to explained to her what a puiedeau was she wouldn't go to the bathroom unless the basement door was locked and she had to have the bathroom door wide open. A year later they heard her warning her friend when she wanted to use the washroom about the piedeau, to make sure the basement door was closed. Again they tried to explain to her want a piedeau was.

What happened was she misunderstood her father. Her father is french and what he said was that there was "a foot of water" in the basement - "Un pied d'eau" - and made one word out of it, un puiedeau, and thought that was the name of the monster and that her father wanted the mop to fight the monster that came out from the drain hole.  Now that she is 19 we still bug her once in a while about her puiedeau because we all though the story was so funny of her being scared of a foot of water.

My ex's mother used the boogyman version to control her children and to keep them from wandering in the woods. Since they were french they called it a swampook

#10 Jamie_ayla

Jamie_ayla

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 12:26 PM

Wow...you guys have much better imaginations than me.

Let's see. After watching the movie "tremors" with the killer worms in the ground, I became convinced that they could hide under my bed. I began performing olympic contending long jumps into bed from the safety of the hall. haha.

I also somehow invented a monster that lived in the toilet. When I would flush the toilet, the sound of the flush was how long I had to get back to the other room(where my family was). And the time it took for the tank to fill back up (you know it makes a low humming sound) that is how long the monster had to search for me before he had to get back in the toilet. Funny thing though-I was never scared to sit on the toilet.

Also never slept with the closet door open....the usual.

visit my site http://www.theshadowgarden.com

#11 HARVEY

HARVEY

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • Interests:Wine and Chocolate

Posted 27 July 2008 - 04:10 PM

I used to think a flattened sort of shape with elongated skeletons fingers lived down the toilet and would slither out in the night and slide under my bedroom door. I used to lie awake under the covers until I couldnt keep my eyes open any more, and I would wet the bed for fear of what would be waiting in the bathroom if I got up to use it. I was in seventh heaven when we got bunk beds and I got the stop bunk. Haha no toilet monster could get me up there, but then I discovered the witch that I could now see out of the skylight, she lived in the trees outside our house. I also used to think that in the night hundreds of rats came up out of the drains and crawled on you in bed.

#12 chaolord54

chaolord54

Orb

• GS Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 01:33 PM

Nobody laugh at me but when I was 3 I had a fear of the garbage truck. I used to think it was going to eat me!!!!!!! AH!!!!!!! wacko.gif  The only other one I remember is one of a witch in the tree near my room that would laugh evilly at me and move my stuffed animals. Although that one ended up being real except it was a ghost not a witch.

#13 Augustine

Augustine

Escaped Lunatic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,566 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 01:47 PM

QUOTE(chaolord54 @ Jul 30 2008, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nobody laugh at me but when I was 3 I had a fear of the garbage truck. I used to think it was going to eat me!!!!!!! AH!!!!!!! wacko.gif

There was a commercial on TV several months ago (I think it was for Nextel/Sprint) that showed various types of vehicles coming to life at night.  One was a garbage truck with a big monster-looking mouth in the back, and it would pick up mounds of garbage from the sides of the road and stuff its face.  

Here's the video if you're curious: http://youtube.com/watch?v=yFAraOKgudQ

It was a cute commercial and made me laugh, but I can see where it might scare little kids who are afraid of the types of things you described.

#14 chaolord54

chaolord54

Orb

• GS Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE(AugustineGStudy @ Jul 30 2008, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There was a commercial on TV several months ago (I think it was for Nextel/Sprint) that showed various types of vehicles coming to life at night.  One was a garbage truck with a big monster-looking mouth in the back, and it would pick up mounds of garbage from the sides of the road and stuff its face.  

Here's the video if you're curious: http://youtube.com/watch?v=yFAraOKgudQ

It was a cute commercial and made me laugh, but I can see where it might scare little kids who are afraid of the types of things you described.

Haha. Yeah I've seen that commercial. The reason why I was scared of it was because my sister told me it would eat me unless I was good. So yeah if it wasn't for her I would never have had that fear.

#15 bloodymary

bloodymary

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Reading writing yoga and swimming

Posted 09 August 2008 - 09:44 AM

i had a few childhood monsters the first was the dark man he lived in my wardrope and i would see him looking out at me with red eyes i was terrified of him cause if he ever got me he would take me to hell or thats what i thought.
Also there was a monster zombie who lived under my bed he would try to catch your ankles as you were getting into bed or if your hand or leg stuck out he would grab them and try and haul me under the bed to eat me.
My way of dealing with this was to pull my covers up to my chin and stay very still in the center of the bed and pretend i was just a head (I know how strange am i lol) cause monsters didnt want to play with heads they wanted little girls to play with.
Also i was really scared of a monster we used to call the gurgel monster he lived in the bath drain and if you didnt get out of the bathroom fast enough he would come out of the drain and slurp you down just like the bath water.
these are just three of my childhood monsters i had hundreds i was scared of every thing but i wont bore you with the rest lol

#16 FearTheLiving

FearTheLiving

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 08:01 AM

Grizzly Bears scared the hell out of me. Anyone remember the movie Killer Grizzly? Film from the 70s and I have to thank my parents for the lifelong fear..lol

#17 Kayhdelo

Kayhdelo

EVP

• GS Member
  • 75 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 08:18 AM

The only things I can remember actually being scared of were 'the gremlins" and "critters".  I remember thinking they'd hide out under my bed and grab me if any part of my body were to hang off the side...  I was always freaked out about an open closet door, but I'm not sure where that came from.   Picture 562.gif
Just because you can't see something, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist... Just because you can see something doesn't make it real

#18 shonalynn

shonalynn

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts
  • Interests:Nachos, beer, football.

Posted 19 August 2008 - 09:16 AM

I dont think I had any monsters. I mean I was scared all the time that I was going to see a monster...but other then that I got nothing.
I'm on Facebook!

#19 bickolette

bickolette

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 09:19 AM

Mine was a man who was normal most of the time but when he went into water he would turn into a TRex - When Jurassic Park came out we went to the pictures to see it and it scared the beegeebies outta me  confused0068.gif  ha ha I Do you find that if  you are scared of something you also have a real facination with it to.  blush.gif I always watch the Jurassic movies each time they are on - No. 2 where it comes to America freaked me for a while tho
Posted Image

#20 AbsoluteAngel

AbsoluteAngel

Simply Angelic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:Techno, metal, video gaming, paranormal research, and all sorts of outdoors stuff

Posted 19 August 2008 - 12:50 PM

Hehe..mine are funny in retrospect.
#1. When I was about 4, I was convinced that a demonic deer ( I am not kidding) lived in my tub drain. In order to drain the tub, I had to be completely out of the tub..then I would have a mini-panic attack as I reached in through the soapy murky water for the plug. Then, in one fell swoop, I'd pull the plug then be out the door in the speed of light!

#2. I was convinced that "something" lived in my closet. My closet door had slats, so every night I envisioned something slithering out from one of those slats then hiding beneath my bed, awaiting for my feet to touch the floor. The only anti-monster protection I had was the ability to pull the covers completely over my head with only a minute tunnel for breathing.

*I later realized that I really did have a monster under the bed- my mom's old black cat, Molly. One night, I'd turned out the light and was about to sprint/leap/dive into bed, when right as I neared the dread zone, something attached itself to my foot...PAINFULLY. I knew some monster was eating me alive, so I run into the hallway screaming...monster still attached. My parents hurried in and turned on the lights....and there was the cat entangled around my foot...very angry that she was tangled up in my Barbie pjs.

#3. My cousin Thomas: who tortured me endlessly the times he shot me in the bum with a BB gun. Dude that hurt...and if you're somewhere out there reading this..are you REALLY surprised you ended up in jail?

Edited by AbsoluteAngel, 19 August 2008 - 12:52 PM.

"Tuesday, you see, had to be free. But somehow, I've got to carry on" Lynyrd Skynyrd