#1 lilclairey2010

lilclairey2010

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 03:15 AM

i am going quite a few years back...

i remember it was bonfire night and we were setting it up and there was this boy, he was bout 10/11 at the time. he was new to the area and so he came to join us. his current house had recently been set alight and was really bad, to the point where the roof had caved in.

out of curiosity we asked him what had happened. only weren't prepared for his reply.
he said he had done it because his imaginary friend Dumbo had told him to. he said dumbo told him to go downstairs and get the matches and light one, put it on his mattress and put the quilt over it.

the thing is though, the look on this face was so convincing. that convincing to the point where he was either mentally ill or telling the truth.

i found it interesting so thought i would share and maybe hear your views on it

Posted Image

Created by Silent Walker

#2 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,809 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 31 December 2007 - 06:27 AM

Wow, that is...disturbing.

I hope he was pulling your leg...otherwise I'd say he was mentally ill and (hopefully not) gone on to torch the homes of others because "Dumbo" told him to.
Posted Image

#3 Morning_Glory_

Morning_Glory_

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 06:54 AM

my vote is mentally ill as well. Hope he got the help he needed. Do you know if anything came of the fire?  trial? etc?

#4 Sly-Spectre

Sly-Spectre

Larry

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
  • Interests:Surfing, Drinking, Eating, Sleeping, Partying, Pool(Billiards to you Englishmen) and...Ghosts and Cryptozoology.<br /><br />I'm on Facebook look for Gerry Nix

Posted 31 December 2007 - 06:54 AM

probably a mental disorder.
"Something weird is going on Jess." Simon whispered as they waited to be served. "I overheard Sara and Hector say something about 'getting back at you' in the library this morning."
Jessie thought for a moment, his face expressionless as usual.
"That's just crazy." he said. "I didn't think you even knew where the library was."

-Excerpt from my short story "Stabbed in the Front."

#5 bubba

bubba

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 07:25 AM

QUOTE(lilclairey2010 @ Dec 31 2007, 11:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i am going quite a few years back...

i remember it was bonfire night and we were setting it up and there was this boy, he was bout 10/11 at the time. he was new to the area and so he came to join us. his current house had recently been set alight and was really bad, to the point where the roof had caved in.

out of curiosity we asked him what had happened. only weren't prepared for his reply.
he said he had done it because his imaginary friend Dumbo had told him to. he said dumbo told him to go downstairs and get the matches and light one, put it on his mattress and put the quilt over it.

the thing is though, the look on this face was so convincing. that convincing to the point where he was either mentally ill or telling the truth.

i found it interesting so thought i would share and maybe hear your views on it

Sounds like he was mentally ill bless him, I hope he got the help he so obviously needed.
When my youngest sis was about 8 she would often do naughty things and blame it on someone who never existed, she grew out of it by the time she was about 10 yrs old, altho it was never to the extent of Arson, she did try and poison me with furniture polish in my fruit juice!

#6 trin

trin

Alien

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,530 posts
  • Interests:photography, art, ghost stories (particularly first hand), history, Asia, origami, fiber arts/crafts. http://www.zibbet.com/trinlayk

Posted 31 December 2007 - 07:26 AM

10 is generally much much older than "imaginary friend" age.  That the being is called Dumbo and he went and did something clearly not OK (and couldn't say no to the "friend") suggests something rather severe in the mental illness range.

#7 Therightone86

Therightone86

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:I am currently attempting to achieve my Bachelor's Degree, majoring in communications (Ha...and I don't mean spiritual).<br /><br />Although its only for my personal recreation, writing is a favorite hobby of mine.<br /><br />I tend to be an avid movie-goer and find a replenishment, of sorts, in film.<br /><br />Beyond that...traveling, hiking, mountain climbing, swimming, and boating. I also enjoy taking care of my fish!<br /><br />The supernatural/paranormal is a regular part of my life, ha, but I do enjoy learning more about it as well.

Posted 31 December 2007 - 08:55 AM

I agree with the other posters.  I would have to say that this kid is probably suffering from some sort of paranoid schizophrenia.  Otherwise, I would think he would have been able to distinguish the difference between a ghost, an imaginary friend, or just hearing things, at his age....??  Don't you think?  Interesting story.

There is always that slight chance that he wasn't "off."  Sometimes you look at that random person on the street or in public transportation who's talking to themself and think.......What If?  smile.gif  I think it is really interesting that whatever was in the kid's mind, took the name of a cute, innocent cartoon character....hmmmmm.........

-Nick-

#8 Guest_ellsbeth_*

Guest_ellsbeth_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 December 2007 - 12:05 PM

Poor Child, yes I do agree. Schizophrenia does strike the young.
Or perhaps he had been abused, or in denial or something--who can know?

Edited by ellsbeth, 31 December 2007 - 12:06 PM.

#9 blubird

blubird

EVP

• GS Member
  • 79 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 02:14 PM

I would say at the age of 10 a child is old enough to know the difference between right and wrong.

To have an imaginary friend tell them to do it and they not recognise that it is most definatly wrong  smacks of a problem with that child.
For a child to do that kind of damage and more than likely know the consequences then help should be sort very quickly.

#10 lilclairey2010

lilclairey2010

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 12:42 AM

i don't remember what happened after that, like i say, i was young myself. i probably just shoved it aside and got on with being a kid. i remember everyone was making fun of him though and i felt so sorry for him.

he was 10/11 but he didn't act like a 10/11 year old. it didn't seem like he was at the same level as any other kid his age.

i thought schizophrenia aswel because that would explain 'imaginary friend'. at his age and if it wasn't diagnosed, it would be pretty confusing hearing voices telling him to do things

Posted Image

Created by Silent Walker

#11 blubird

blubird

EVP

• GS Member
  • 79 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 02:44 AM

Ive heard alot of talk between various mediums concluding that "imaginary friends" could be first contact of spirt with a particular child.
Im not to sure how I sit with that, how many of us had "real" imaginary friends when we were kids and knew fine well that there was no one actually there.
When I used to play with my dolls as a kid i remember having a "friend" who would sit opposite me and "play" along with me. But now im older and look back, there was no one there just me being a child!
We had a fantastic case back in the 70's of two sisters that lived in a house along with a poltagist. They became very famous in the UK. They were the Enfield Sisters.
Reporters and such were sent in to "witness" acts of levitation which happened to the girls on several occasions. Eye witness reports from police officers who used to keep an eye on the house would tell of seeing one particular girl flying round the bedroom.
Recordings were made with antiquated machinery (of the time) of objects appearing to hover and fly around with no visible man made source.
But no one to this day has proved that it was actual poltagist activity but interestingly no one has proved that the girls had anything to do with it!

They did admit that when things were a little "quiet" in the home they would bang on walls and do various other things but the majority of the "happenings" where captured on film while the girls were seen on camera in another part of the house.

Here below is one very famous photo.

To me it looks like the girl was just jumping from her bed into the air. There is no shot of where she landed but to me from that kind of height you would expect some kind of slight injury! Would a child of that age really throw themselves into the air like that knowing that some kind of impact injury would follow??
But as I say I dont really believe that she has been thrown from her bed!

I was reasearching this particular story a while ago and I came across some interesting footage. I will try and find it and post it later.

I found it!
This is a snippet of a documentary done on the girls at the time, and also bits of the interview with Janet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSEXE8I0DpE

Edited by blubird, 01 January 2008 - 03:22 AM.

#12 Enigmatic-Essence

Enigmatic-Essence

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 11:39 AM

I was watching a program a few weeks ago, and the story was about a young boy who had a new friend named "man" he said "man" was a little boy who was kidnapped and buried in a park. The boy would do some really psycho things. It wasn't a common behavior for the boy (the human one  pinch.gif) to act the way he was.

Apparently this little boy ghost wasn't a ghost it was a demon taking on the form of a child and eventually revealing it's true self.

I honestly believe that in most cases they aren't "imaginary" friends. A child is innocent and vulnerable so it's no surprise to me that a spirit/entity would try target them. In some cases yes, probably is a mental illness but other times maybe not.

But I wouldn't doubt the child to quickly, especially if he doesn't have a background for acting out.

B E L I E V E
A dream is a wish your heart makes

#13 Nelson

Nelson

Orb

• GS Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 07:07 PM

i agree, sometimes demons can take the forms of human ghosts. maybe they can do that and only appear to 1 person, i used a ouija board when i was 8, so is it possible he might have used 1 and been possed?i agree, sometimes demons can take the forms of human ghosts. maybe they can do that and only appear to 1 person, i used a ouija board when i was 8, so is it possible he might have used 1 and been possed?

#14 Kate_78

Kate_78

Feeler of the Shoes

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts
  • Interests:Movies, Anything with Orlando Bloom, Leonardo DiCaprio, or Dean Cain hehe.
    Music, anything....Country, soft rock, rock,
    Kids, I have 2 of them now ;)
    Reading, I love to read but, don't b/c if I do I'll loose what little sleep I don't get.
    Writing, I
    Kate.

Posted 08 January 2008 - 01:15 PM

My vote is Mentally Ill too.  
I agree with the others.  Do you know what happened to this kid as of today?
Take Care,
Kate.

Posted Image

#15 Sly-Spectre

Sly-Spectre

Larry

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
  • Interests:Surfing, Drinking, Eating, Sleeping, Partying, Pool(Billiards to you Englishmen) and...Ghosts and Cryptozoology.<br /><br />I'm on Facebook look for Gerry Nix

Posted 08 January 2008 - 02:54 PM

QUOTE(Nelson @ Jan 7 2008, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i agree, sometimes demons can take the forms of human ghosts. maybe they can do that and only appear to 1 person, i used a ouija board when i was 8, so is it possible he might have used 1 and been possed?i agree, sometimes demons can take the forms of human ghosts. maybe they can do that and only appear to 1 person, i used a ouija board when i was 8, so is it possible he might have used 1 and been possed?

NELSON'S REPEATING HIMSELF! HE'S POSSESSED!  th_sarcastic_blum.gif
"Something weird is going on Jess." Simon whispered as they waited to be served. "I overheard Sara and Hector say something about 'getting back at you' in the library this morning."
Jessie thought for a moment, his face expressionless as usual.
"That's just crazy." he said. "I didn't think you even knew where the library was."

-Excerpt from my short story "Stabbed in the Front."

#16 lilclairey2010

lilclairey2010

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 12:13 AM

my friend had an imaginary friend when she was younger, although this friend was real. her family were convinced for years it was just an imaginary friend, until she described her. she said it was a little girl and described her to have the olden day clothes on. she's still freaked out at the thought of it. there was alot of activity in her house too. the good thing was, the little girl obviously just wanted someone to play with.

Posted Image

Created by Silent Walker

#17 equus6

equus6

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 09:09 AM

That is a very distubing story.  Mental illness such as schizophrenia starts to show in kids about this age.  I have a cousin whose daughter at the age of 11 tried to kill her teacher at recess with a shovel.  The teacher told her not to do something, so my cousin found a shovel and tried to beat the teacher with it.  She said voices told her to kill her teacher.  She was sent to a phyciatrist and he diagnosed her with paranoid schizophrenia after several sessions.  She is now in an instiution.  She was always doing things that were off the wall, but no one ever thought she was as disturbed as she is.  A 10 year old child is old enough to know the difference between right and wrong unless they are mentally ill.  How very very sad.
Don't worry about the people in your past. There is a reason they didn't make it to your future....

#18 WorldsGoneCrazy

WorldsGoneCrazy

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 03:53 PM

BluBird, I just watched your video of the Enfield Poltergiest, The voice on the Video of the 'Ghost' is actually quite terrifying!! Do you know whether this was proved to be a haux or not??? Or is it still unsolved?

#19 Kiwilady

Kiwilady

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 06:26 PM

You know I think he sounds like a normal 10 or 11 year old by who is trying to make friends and impress people.  It certainly made an impression on you if you remember it after all this time.

Kiwilady Kiwilady

Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul

http://hauntedauckland.com

#20 lilclairey2010

lilclairey2010

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 04:29 AM

thats a good point. he was one of them kids that just didn't blend in with the rest of the kids...but that was because he didn't seem like a kid that was at the correct age level. there was something weird about him that just didn't seem right.

then again though, why set fire to his house to try and get friends...why not make his own bonfire since it was bonfire night

Posted Image

Created by Silent Walker

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users