• You cannot reply to this topic
113 replies to this topic

#101 Dazzled Dad

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 01:20 AM

Accountants employed by mythical reptile beasts.
I'm afraid your definition of the word "fact" is somewhat different from mine...and every dictionary worldwide.

Edited by Dazzled Dad, 16 July 2018 - 03:12 AM.

#102 True North

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 246 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 08:35 AM

View PostDazzled Dad, on 16 July 2018 - 01:20 AM, said:

Accountants employed by mythical reptile beasts.

^ incorrect. 1) Real dragons don't have employees. 2) You're conflating real dragons with mythical/fictional dragons.

View PostDazzled Dad, on 16 July 2018 - 01:20 AM, said:

I'm afraid your definition of the word "fact" is somewhat different from mine...and every dictionary worldwide.

*yawn*, more false statements. I will be ignoring you now.

Edited by True North, 16 July 2018 - 09:05 AM.

#103 Dazzled Dad

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 01:11 PM

No need to be petulant. Ignoring someone because of some mild sarcasm?
I thought you'd be used to sarcastic remarks.

Meanwhile you haven't answered a single question. And I have lots more, like:

Real dragons:
-Where do they live?
-How many are there?
-How big are they?
-Is there indisputable evidence?
-Do they conduct their financial business under a human name?
-Do they have bank accounts or just a large amount of cash, like Scrooge McDuck's money bin?
-Do these human agents and representatives know they're dealing with dragons?
-Are there any records of financial transactions involving dragons?

Would you be so kind to answer these questions in a serious manner?
Thank you.

#104 MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,365 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 16 July 2018 - 04:46 PM

Real dragons:
-Where do they live? China I think.
-How many are there? No one knows.
-How big are they? They are various sizes, like all lizards.
-Is there indisputable evidence? Check Area 51.
-Do they conduct their financial business under a human name?   Yes.  
-Do they have bank accounts or just a large amount of cash, like Scrooge McDuck's money bin? Both, because they don't really trust banks, yet they don't have enough room for it all.
-Do these human agents and representatives know they're dealing with dragons? They are reptilian Lawyers, ofcourse they do.
-Are there any records of financial transactions involving dragons? Yes, but again, Area 51.

I don't know if they really exist or not. I personally never seen one, but it's fun to think about.
My Signature
Posted Image

#105 True North

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 246 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 05:11 PM

I see 2002's cheeseball Reign of Fire was brought up when this thread was started.

Paint-by-number action movies aren't my thing, but still, all fiction contains degrees of truth. In this case for example, a plot where dragons are discovered in London.

London is a great place to look.

Edited by True North, 16 July 2018 - 05:23 PM.

#106 Dazzled Dad

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 01:18 AM

View PostMrsFrootloops, on 16 July 2018 - 04:46 PM, said:

Real dragons:
-Where do they live? China I think.
-How many are there? No one knows.
-How big are they? They are various sizes, like all lizards.
-Is there indisputable evidence? Check Area 51.
-Do they conduct their financial business under a human name?   Yes.  
-Do they have bank accounts or just a large amount of cash, like Scrooge McDuck's money bin? Both, because they don't really trust banks, yet they don't have enough room for it all.
-Do these human agents and representatives know they're dealing with dragons? They are reptilian Lawyers, ofcourse they do.
-Are there any records of financial transactions involving dragons? Yes, but again, Area 51.

I don't know if they really exist or not. I personally never seen one, but it's fun to think about.

View PostTrue North, on 16 July 2018 - 05:11 PM, said:

I see 2002's cheeseball Reign of Fire was brought up when this thread was started.

Paint-by-number action movies aren't my thing, but still, all fiction contains degrees of truth. In this case for example, a plot where dragons are discovered in London.

London is a great place to look.

Lol, still not a single question answered.

Edited by Dazzled Dad, 17 July 2018 - 01:21 AM.

#107 LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 17 July 2018 - 04:50 AM

View PostDazzled Dad, on 17 July 2018 - 01:18 AM, said:

Lol, still not a single question answered.
Do you seriously think you are going to get answers to those questions from a online message forum?  IF they do exist in any of forms that you assume, then they have been concealed from the human eye for centuries.  If they exist and have been concealed for that long, do you really think that you are going to stumble on a random person that not only knows the answers...but shares the answers publicly?

An open mind to possibilities is a good thing IMO.  History has taught us this.

For an open discussion, it would be best to leave the sarcasm out.  Nor is it wise to make assumptions that others encounter sarcasm on a regular basis when their views differ from yours and they feel they can no longer offer any information based on beliefs of the majority of people that dragons dont exist.

Does that mean they dont exist?  I would lean in the thought that they dont.  Doesn't mean I am right.
My Signature
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#108 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,419 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 17 July 2018 - 09:54 AM

Well said Louczar. Indeed, nothing's gained from being sarcastic to the one you have wished to answer your questions.
My Signature

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#109 Dazzled Dad

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 03:58 PM

View PostLouczarGStudy, on 17 July 2018 - 04:50 AM, said:

Do you seriously think you are going to get answers to those questions from a online message forum?

I didn't ask the online message forum to answer those questions. I asked True North to answer them, since he states certain theories as facts.
If he had said that he believes dragons exist and that he has a theory on dragons being involved in high finance, I would gladly let it go...but he didn't:

View PostTrue North, on 15 July 2018 - 10:06 AM, said:

Real dragons understand it's monetary value and will put their money to work for them. They're good investors.

View PostTrue North, on 15 July 2018 - 03:36 PM, said:

It's true that dragons effectively amass and direct (and so for all practical purposes can be said to 'own') vast sums of wealth through their human agents and representatives.

View PostTrue North, on 15 July 2018 - 07:57 PM, said:

Real life dragons control a lot of resources, which, as any intelligent being with a modicum of business sense would do, they put to work for them. As dragons control a lot of resources, they have a lot influence in human financial markets.

I believe these assertions are questionable, to say the least.

Do you really think that you are going to stumble on a random person that not only knows the answers...but shares the answers publicly?

I didn't bring up the subject, I just questioned the credibility of his statements.

For an open discussion, it would be best to leave the sarcasm out.

Sometimes, at least in my opinion, arrogant behavior asks for mildly sarcastic remarks. (Klainey, remember what I told you earlier? Aren't you glad I didn't take the job?)

View PostMacCionoadha BeanSidhe, on 17 July 2018 - 09:54 AM, said:

Indeed, nothing's gained from being sarcastic to the one you have wished to answer your questions.

MacC, you're one of the most kind-hearted people I know. And I realize that I'm not.

#110 True North

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 246 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 08:30 PM

This planet is brimming with strange and incredible forms of life: us and all the rest of the 'regular' furry critters, creepy-crawlies, weirdos lurking in the depths of the ocean etc. There are others as well. Others with no entries in the encyclopedias my parents bought when I was young. Some are known to me and some not. Out of those I've interacted with and/or observed, dragons are neither the rarest or (in my opinion) the strangest. For me, bumping into a mountain lion tomorrow would be way more thrilling than bumping into a dragon. Of course, if I start bumping into a bunch of mountain lions on trail now the thrill wears off. We are always seeking new experiences.

#111 True North

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 246 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 07:44 PM

'Surely, real Dragons can't exist. Right?'

'Of course not. Don't be silly'

'Surely, even if they did, anyone who knows about them wouldn't be posting silly comments on a silly forum.'

'Of course not. Don't be silly.'

'I mean - c'mon! it's ridiculous... isn't it?'

'Aren't dragons house-sized monsters with thunderous roars that belch columns of skyline-melting fire? I would have noticed something like that.'

"OK, al-right, just for some laughs, let's say real dragons exist."

'R-ight, hmm, let me think...'

'... IF real dragons exist, and me and my pals have never seen one at the pub, that means they have to be hiding... at another pub.'

'OR...'

'Deep within the Earth?'

'Some movie-set-worthy ruins out in the jungle?'

'A pimped-out 'dragon land' under the waves?'

'Spaceship?'

'Surely they're not just waltzing about'

#112 Snickers

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 238 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 07:17 PM

Perhaps dragons had very strong acid glands and when they spit this acid onto flesh it smoked, thus fire breathing? There is a little truth in all myths.
My Signature
Don't tell me that I didn't see what I saw, or didn't hear what I heard.......Snickers

#113 True North

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 246 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 08:30 PM

View PostSnickers, on 22 July 2018 - 07:17 PM, said:

Perhaps dragons had very strong acid glands and when they spit this acid onto flesh it smoked, thus fire breathing? There is a little truth in all myths.

There is indeed. In fact, I'd say there's much more than a little.

As far as acid spitting goes, I've never seen or heard of it.

#114 True North

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 246 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 01:06 AM

Dragon Story #1

How do you think you'd react if, just going about your business around town, you suddenly found yourself looking into the eyes of a dragon?

A few years ago I saw someone have their first dragon encounter (at least I'm guessing so based on their reaction).

I was walking through a large indoor shopping area when I saw a young man stop dead (and I mean DEAD) in his tracks, frozen in spot with fright. His mouth was hanging so open and his eyes were so wide it was comical; I'd only ever seen a cartoon character make such a face. Anyway, you already know what was forty feet away, looking him in the eye, smiling.

No one else around saw it - the dragon was choosing to only reveal itself to the man, and as I watched (curious how the man would handle the situation with his initial shock now wearing off), I could tell it was dawning on him: 'Uhhh, is no one else seeing this?', 'what the heck?', 'oh great, I'm getting looks now / I'm making a scene / I must look like a crazy person'.

What did he do? Did he make more of a scene? Did he start shouting and pointing? Of course not. He mentally shook himself off and continued on his way. Maybe later he explained the event to himself as a hallucination, who knows.

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com