• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ShawnGStudy

ShawnGStudy

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigations, Horror Movies, Music, Traveling, Meeting New People, Sports, Friends, Chatting, Video Games, Concerts, Food, TV, New Experiences, Having A Good Time, Laughing, Making Others Laugh, Helping Others.

Posted 17 June 2016 - 06:09 AM

This is a hobby I look to get back into after taking about a year and a half off from it. I was just wondering if there was anyone else here that enjoys this hobby as well?
Your Leading Gettysburg Paranormal Authority
Twitter: @WinFBLeague

#2 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts
  • Interests:Many

Posted 18 June 2016 - 03:33 AM

Good morning, Shawn:

My BFF lives near the corner of a busy intersection in a small town.  Her front window looks out over a good portion of
the area and we sit here over coffee and watch what's going on.  It's fairly entertaining.  Directly across the street
is a bank..well, it use to be a bank but frequently sheds its facade and becomes another business entity.

We watched for months as people would park their cars in the lot and begin combing the area for something....obviously
it was something small because they would go over and over the area; around the trees, into the bushes, back and forth,
back and forth.  The scale of the area they would examine was quite small compared to the overall size of the property,
yet we couldn't figure it out.

J stopped over one day when he got out of work and people were there once more looking for something and we explained to him
what we had been watching for months and asked what were they looking for?  He said they were geocaching.

He said that it was a game of sorts that people play.  And that's as far as we got to participating.  Watching others.
Whatever it is that they are looking for must be fairly small.  And I still don't get it unless it's like participating
in a "Scavenger Hunt".

https://www.geocachi...ut/history.aspx

One can exchange treasures.  Interesting.

Edited by Menet, 18 June 2016 - 03:38 AM.

Find an old place with history, with people and learn all its nuances.

#3 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 01:45 PM

I don't exactly geocache but I geocemetery.   I like exploring new cemeteries (yeah,  it's weird but we ARE on a paranormal forum) and often I'll find latitude and longitude for one but no street information so quite often I'm driving up and down back country roads trying to hit the coordinates.
Posted Image

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#4 Captain Kundalini

Captain Kundalini

Haunted Hollywood Guru

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 02:32 PM

View PostTantric KittenGStudy, on 19 June 2016 - 01:45 PM, said:

I don't exactly geocache but I geocemetery.   I like exploring new cemeteries (yeah,  it's weird but we ARE on a paranormal forum) and often I'll find latitude and longitude for one but no street information so quite often I'm driving up and down back country roads trying to hit the coordinates.

"Geocemetery". :) I like the sound of that better than I do when saying "Celebrity Grave Hunter". Or maybe Geotaphaphile.

#5 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,853 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 01 July 2016 - 03:27 PM

View PostTantric KittenGStudy, on 19 June 2016 - 01:45 PM, said:

We went to Chappaquiddick to look up some of my Native American ancestors graves. It turned out, they'd dug up almost all of the old graves. They turned the area into a 'Brand New' cemetery. They even built a stone wall using some of the grave stones. The only old grave left, was my direct ancestor's and only because her grave was on the edge of the old cemetery and partially wooded.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users