Paranormal Activity Spoiler Thread

• You cannot reply to this topic
53 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

• Guests

Posted 19 October 2009 - 05:15 PM

I thought that we'd open up a thread for those that have seen the movie to talk about it. I've posted a warning for others in case they don't want to ruin it before they see it.

Now... did Micah annoy anyone else as much as he annoyed me?

#2 xjadedx

Baby Girl

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,709 posts
  • Interests:anything paranormal, cooking, beer, celtic culture and art, irish step dancing, constellations, backpacking, anything to do with cheese

Posted 19 October 2009 - 05:17 PM

Katie annoyed me more.  He was a little sarcastic, but I think I kind of had a crush on him! wub.gif
My Signature

xjadedx

"Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on." --Led Zepplin

#3 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

• Guests

Posted 19 October 2009 - 05:27 PM

LOL!! I just found him a little too sarcastic, and he did everything that we tell people not to do on the board! lol  Ouija board anyone?

#4 xjadedx

Baby Girl

• GS Member
  • 7,709 posts
  • Interests:anything paranormal, cooking, beer, celtic culture and art, irish step dancing, constellations, backpacking, anything to do with cheese

Posted 19 October 2009 - 05:29 PM

That part of him was really annoying.  Such a typical man thing to want to take matter into his own hands!

I couldn't believe that Ouija Board part!  That was unreal!
My Signature

xjadedx

"Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on." --Led Zepplin

#5 OffDutyCop

Paranormal Law Enforcer

• GS Member
  • 8,340 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Research and Investigation, Military History, Law Enforcement History, Irish and Irish-American History, Naval and Martime History, Writing, Video Gaming

Posted 19 October 2009 - 05:30 PM

I thought Katie was pretty hot. I thought she was even hotter after she got possessed.  th_sarcastic_blum.gif
My Signature
"In each of us, there are two sides at war....the good and the evil. The fight rages between them all of our lives, but one of them must conquer. In our own hands lies the power to choose. What we want most to be, we are. " ---Dr. Henry Jekyll

#6 xjadedx

Baby Girl

• GS Member
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 05:33 PM

The whole theater I was in screamed (me probably being the loudest) at the ending. It was funny
My Signature

xjadedx

#7 OffDutyCop

Paranormal Law Enforcer

• GS Member
  • 8,340 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Research and Investigation, Military History, Law Enforcement History, Irish and Irish-American History, Naval and Martime History, Writing, Video Gaming

Posted 19 October 2009 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE(xjadedxGStudy @ Oct 19 2009, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The whole theater I was in screamed (me probably being the loudest) at the ending. It was funny

Yeah, there were a lot of reactions from the audience throughout the entire film.
My Signature
"In each of us, there are two sides at war....the good and the evil. The fight rages between them all of our lives, but one of them must conquer. In our own hands lies the power to choose. What we want most to be, we are. " ---Dr. Henry Jekyll

#8 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

• Guests

Posted 19 October 2009 - 07:38 PM

There was a lot of screams at the end of the movie at the theatre I saw it in too. I was kind of taken a back when the psychic just up and left the second time. I thought, what the hell!??!!There was a lot of screams at the end of the movie at the theatre I saw it in too. I was kind of taken a back when the psychic just up and left the second time. I thought, what the hell!??!!ODC.... please tell me you didn't think Regan was hot in The Exorcist!!!  th_sarcastic_blum.gif My boyfriend thought Katie looked pretty hot when she was possessed too... I thought she was creepy! Especially after "We'll be okay now!!!"

#9 xjadedx

Baby Girl

• GS Member
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:07 PM

The part where she said, "We'll be okay now"  was definitely when I covered my eyes and watched the rest of the movie through a crack between my fingers.
My Signature

xjadedx

#10 kydolphin34

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:karaoke, paranormal, reading, movies

Posted 20 October 2009 - 02:49 PM

QUOTE(xjadedxGStudy @ Oct 20 2009, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The part where she said, "We'll be okay now"  was definitely when I covered my eyes and watched the rest of the movie through a crack between my fingers.

Me too!!  Honestly, I didn't see the very last scene, where her face is in the camera after she killed Micah.  Totally freaked me out!!

#11 PumpkinWraith

1D's #1 Fan

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts
  • Interests:Mainly my family and chatting to and getting to know the many good friends I've made here over the years. I love Rock, Metal and alternative music as well as having a profound interest in the paranormal.

Posted 20 October 2009 - 03:10 PM

I cannot wait to see this when it comes to the UK as I am going to take my best mate.  I havn't seen her for ages and having 2 kids means she doesn't get out much... The last time we went to the movies, she laughed her head of when a horse died  dry.gif   Wasn't actually funny but she still laughed....out loud!  And the time before that we saw Candyman. (shows how long it was last time we went to movies together)  The part where the fridge gets opened at the end?....She screamed her head off and totally embarrassed herself......and me when nothing happened.   I wonder why I havn't been with her since biggrin.gif

My Signature

Posted Image

The Aliens said I could take a friend next time. Apply below ......but no mad people!

I Posted Image One Direction. Harry 4Ever!

#12 Ghost hunter Denmark

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 112 posts
  • Interests:My son (my biggest achievement ever), Ghost hunting, Building plastic model cars (Hot rods, show rods), Fire and rescue

Posted 21 October 2009 - 05:10 AM

Here in Denmark Paranormal Activity hits the cinemas on december the 4. But I have allready seen it. How can that be you ask?

Well, the distributing movie company contacted me, due to my position as founder and chief investigator in Dansk Parapsykologisk Aspekt, my paranormal research group. They wanted my help translating some english paranormal terms, into danish. Some of my translations will actually be used on the danish movie poster, and my groupīs name will be on the poster as well.
In return for my help they invited me and my group to their own small cinema, to preview the movie. Before us, there were actually no more than 4 people in all of Denmark, who had allready seen the movie. So we were some of the very first to see the movie, here in Denmark.
There are even some talking going on, that they might follow my group on an investigation, film it, and use it on the coming dvd, as extra material.... Iīm keeping my fingers crossed.....

I liked the movie, allthough it was far from being as frightening as I had come to expect. I really like the way they made the movie, the way they show the paranormal happenings, and especially the lack of background horror music.... The last one or two minutes were a little too much Hollywood for me though..... But all in all a very good movie....

My Signature

Posted Image

Some things has to be believed - To be seen...

#13 spookylilgirllikeme

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:04 AM

I have a question about the ending. I didn't go to the movie theater to see this, I watched it online. I read that the theatrical ending is different than the version online, which has the original ending. Here's a link to the online version's ending...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOQwqkkAVGQ
Can someone please tell me what's different about the theatrical ending? I'd appreciate it.

#14 OffDutyCop

Paranormal Law Enforcer

• GS Member
  • 8,340 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:17 AM

QUOTE(spookylilgirllikeme @ Oct 22 2009, 10:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a question about the ending. I didn't go to the movie theater to see this, I watched it online. I read that the theatrical ending is different than the version online, which has the original ending. Here's a link to the online version's ending...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOQwqkkAVGQ
Can someone please tell me what's different about the theatrical ending? I'd appreciate it.

After Katie screams for Micah, and he runs down stairs, you can hear sounds of a scuffle. A few seconds later,  a set of footsteps can be heard coming up the stairs, and Micah's body is violently thrown into the camera. As the body falls away, Katie is revealed to be standing in the doorway, in her blood stained shirt.

Katie then approaches the camera, until the point that she's face to face with it. At that time, her face seems to briefly "morph" a bit, as she attacks the camera and the screen goes black.

White words then appear on screen which state that the police department had recovered Micah's body, but that Katie's whereabouts were still unknown.
My Signature

#15 spookylilgirllikeme

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:54 AM

Really..Well that sounds like it might have been a better ending than the one I saw. And at least now I know what I missed and I don't have to wait for the dvd to come out to see the altern. ending

#16 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

• Guests

Posted 23 October 2009 - 01:35 PM

Just watched the alternate ending.... definitely agree that the theatrical release was better!

#17 Cntgtenf

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:Studying paranormal phenonmena.....Reading,playing facebook games. Crafts blah blah blah......... ;)

Posted 24 October 2009 - 09:15 PM

The ending was pretty good but about 80% of the movie ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZ! A big snoozer! I was disappointed.  dry.gif  

My Signature
I do believe in spooks!
I do believe in spooks!
I do I do I do!-The Cowardly Lion

#18 BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  • Interests:Interested in the paranormal, and I am proud I just published my first book regarding my haunting.

Posted 24 October 2009 - 10:02 PM

I am going to see it this coming week. Im glad to hear its not "too" scary. I am sort of a wimp.. ashamed0002.gif
My Signature
YOU CANT SCARE ME, I HAVE KIDS

#19 Ghost hunter Denmark

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 112 posts
  • Interests:My son (my biggest achievement ever), Ghost hunting, Building plastic model cars (Hot rods, show rods), Fire and rescue

Posted 25 October 2009 - 01:15 AM

The ending was pretty good but about 80% of the movie ZZZZZZZ

The ending is the worst part of the movie..... Thats when it turns from realistic to pure Hollywood..... Thats when it turns from something special to "like all the others..."
My Signature

Posted Image

Some things has to be believed - To be seen...

#20 white orchid

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 09:43 AM

I downloaded the film and watched it last night.  It truly did have some VERY creepy moments in it, which was impressive for me in itself because I am not the type to get spooked by movies.  I felt kind of disappointed with it as a whole, it had HUGE potential, and it was well done, but the payoff just wasn't there.
My Signature

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com