• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 mothx1

mothx1

Orb

• GS Member
  • 35 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 05:32 PM

I have a wood lap desk with that bean bag filling on the underside of it, that I use with my computer or to write away from my regular desk. I've used it religiously almost every day for years, and every night I set it in the same place, nudging it between my real desk and the file box. Then I place my laptop on the desk and keep it plugged in over night.

3 nights ago I did the same routine, placing the lap desk in its usual spot and going to bed. After I woke up, I got up, went to pull out the lap desk and grab my laptop, only it was no longer there. I thought that was strange, obviously I remembered where I placed it, but chalked it up to my sister using it while I was asleep for school.

Later that day I asked her, and she passes on that she never used it. I decided to check everywhere in her room - just in case, you know how siblings can be. But it wasn't there. I asked my parents as well, but they had not used or seen it either. It turned into a full on search with everyone in my family involved. Moving furniture, digging through closets, checking in the corners of places, under beds..but still, nothing. It's nowhere to be found. It is 100% not in my room, or in my home anymore.
----------
Have you ever had objects suddenly disappear, or even reappear later on? Things you know without a doubt should be in the place you left them, not simply 'misplacing' them?
One theory on DOP that I find interesting to consider are dimensional shifts, objects slipping between dimensions.
And the obvious, Spirits - just playing around with your things, but still, where would they take them anyway? :confused:
"An entire sea of water can’t sink a ship unless it gets inside the ship. Similarly, the negativity of the world can’t put you down unless you allow it to get inside you."

#2 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Shadow Ghost

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf, Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 10 April 2017 - 06:33 PM

There have been a few times things have gone missing in my house, only to turn up later in the spot, we had placed them on to begin with.

One year my Mother's summer hand bag had gone missing. In the Fall, she had put it in her bedroom closet and it wasn't there in the Spring. She took everything out of the closet, just to make sure, she just couldn't find it.  Hm... It eventually turned up, back in the closet.

One time my wallet went missing, I know I had left it on the buffet table. When I went to pick it up again, it was gone. It disappeared in the space of one minute. I found it six months later, on the tool bench in the basement.

Another time, I couldn't find my small pair of needle-work scissors. I left them on the tea cart in the kitchen and then they were gone. My mother and I looked everywhere for them, with no luck. I never did find them.

This next "incident", happened when I was around ten years old. I had a leather coin purse, with an Indian head burned onto it. i got it on vacation in Canada. It disappeared and we searched high and low for it, but couldn't find it anywhere. We found it eventually, about ten years later, in the bottom of a box in the basement. One minute it was on my chest of drawers, then it is gone, to resurrect in the basement years later.

I had a Raggedy Andy doll. I hated that doll. I could not sleep if that doll was in my room. Not long after my parents gave it to me, odd things started to happen. I had a wicker chair in my room next to my closet, I put Andy in it. The only thing was, while I tried to go to sleep, I couldn’t stand Andy looking at me. So, I turned him around, that way he'd face the back of the chair. The next morning, I turned over and looked at the chair. During the night, Andy had turned around and was now staring at the bed. I thought, well maybe my Mother had come in and had turned it back around. So, I didn’t think anything of it. That night, I again turned him toward the back of the chair. The next morning, he had turned and was facing my bed, again. When I went to bed that night, I turned him back towards the back of the chair. The next morning, he was staring at me again!  Now, I asked my Mother if she was turning him around and I just wasn’t waking up, when she entered my room? She told me, she hadn’t been in my room, for any of the times that Andy moved. That did it, this time I put him in the closet and locked the closet door. The next morning, he was back in the chair staring at me! I finally had it; I wanted nothing more to do with him. I picked him up, carried him into the kitchen. My Mother was at the sink and threw him at her and said, " I don’t want him anymore!". He was brand new, so I have no idea why it was trying to frighten me. He's been relegated to an old trunk, in the cellar.

Another time, my Mother couldn't find her rain-bonnets. She has four of them and they were all missing. She finally found one of them. It was in her purse, but she has no idea where the other three went. She was so mad and frustrated. We still haven't found the other ones.

My cell (a flip-phone) went missing. I had it the night before and as per usual, I left it sitting on my scanner. I walked into the sewing/PC room in the morning and couldn't find it. I looked all around the scanner and desk. On the floor around both. I even got the flashlight out and scoured around. I check my side table in the parlor, next to my chair and no dice, it wasn't there. I checked my bedroom, as well. Nope, not there either. So, I got on our land-line and called my cell. My Mom and I couldn't hear it ring. So, I put the home phone down on the end table and walked around the house. I finally walked into the sewing/PC room and saw the light from my cells screen. It was under the desk, where I had checked umpteen times, before.

Things were happening outside, too. My Mother went outside to feed the birds one morning and noticed the birdhouse, which we had tied to the wishing well, was gone. She searched around and eventually found it on the ground, underneath the well.  The birdhouse was tied to the well using heavy gauge vinyl-wrapped wire. You can't just yank the birdhouse off. The wire was still attached to the well, knotted and wrapped around the well's post, as usual. She had to untie and unwrap it to put the birdhouse back on. This has happened three times.

After a cookout, my Sister was searching for her car keys. She had put them on the fireplace, when she arrived. She went to get them to leave, but they were gone. We searched every where for them and could not find them. She had to call me brother who lives an hour away, to bring her the other set. After he came and went, we continued to look for them, no luck. After she left, I ask out loud for, whom ever took them or who knew where they were, to please either bring them back or let us know where they are. Ten minutes later, Mom lifted the seat cushion and found them wedged down the side of the chair. I asked her why she looked there, again. She told me, she did not why she had looked there again.

My Mom lost a gift card. She practically tore the house apart looking for it. I remember her putting it in her wallet, but she said she looked in it already and it wasn't there. I searched her purse and wallet and I couldn't find it either. She even went thru every drawer and couldn't locate it. I asked our resident ghostly helper, If it could locate it and put it where my Mother could find it. She was so stressed out about losing it. She needed it to buy Christmas presents, for her grand and great grand children. Can you guess what showed up in my Mother's wallet three days later! Bingo her gift card! It was in the same slot in her wallet, that she had put it in three days prior. I loudly said,"Thank you!" and Mother said it as well. She was so stressed out about it, that she couldn't sleep at night, until it reappeared.

One time, my Mom was cutting out coupons and decided to turn in for the night. She placed the scissors, on top if the flyers and went to bed. The next day she went to clip some more coupons, that's when she noticed her scissors were missing. She asked me if I took them and I said no. She looked all over for them. I went to help her look. I picked up the flyers and magazines. I held each one upside down and leafed through them. No luck. I told her to ask for them to be returned. She asked and the next day they were back. Underneath the flyers and magazines. We knew they weren't there before, but "They" put them there after bringing them back.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#3 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Wraith

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 10 April 2017 - 06:58 PM

When I was younger, my hair brush disappeared all the time, I would sit it down next to me, and go to grab it again, only for it to not be there. It got to the point where I was like "Ha-ha, very funny you guys, I need that back."  And it would be right where I left it.

I also have a jacket that has gone missing. I use to wear it everyday, so I would keep it on the back of a chair in the kitchen. So one day, I got up to get it, cause I was chilly, and it wasn't there, so I was like "Mom must of moved it." So I asked, and she was like "I didn't touch it." so I looked and looked and looked alll over that apartment, and never found it. And it's not like I could over look it, it was bright orange. I miss it.

Now and days, it's usually my pencils that go missing and show back up. One of my fears is that one day I will walk into another dimension and not find my way back.
Do whatever makes you happy, whatever fruits your loops.

#4 mothx1

mothx1

Orb

• GS Member
  • 35 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 07:58 PM

@MacCGStudy
Wow! That is a ton of experiences you have there. After a while I wouldn't trust any of my belongings would be safe. Reading about DOP experiences in the past day or so, wallets and keys seem to be the most common things to disappear then reappear.

@MrsFrootloops

View PostMrsFrootloops, on 10 April 2017 - 06:58 PM, said:

One of my fears is that one day I will walk into another dimension and not find my way back.

That would be arghh...terrifying. Reminds me of the stories, Man from Taured, &, Lerina Garcia Gordo.

Edited by mothx1, 10 April 2017 - 07:58 PM.

"An entire sea of water can’t sink a ship unless it gets inside the ship. Similarly, the negativity of the world can’t put you down unless you allow it to get inside you."

#5 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,036 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 10 April 2017 - 11:16 PM

Oh yes... DOP - "Disappearing Object Phenomenon".

As mentioned above... it's usually the small things... and the ones that are needed the most. Keys, wallet, cellphone.
I have mentioned this elsewhere but we did an investigation at an old hotel in Folsom, CA and a big comfy chair on the second floor suddenly disappeared. We did a quick search and came right back and there was the chair, once again. I think whatever it was, it wanted to show us it's strength and power. A chair that size would be quite a feat for most supernatural beings.

Mothx1... great to have you back with us, it's been a few months.    :  )
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#6 lorac61469

lorac61469

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 08:02 AM

The only thing that I have disappear on a regular basis is socks. If there is another dimension at least you'll be able to find socks. Ha ha!

#7 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 09:51 AM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 10 April 2017 - 11:16 PM, said:

Oh yes... DOP - "Disappearing Object Phenomenon".

As mentioned above... it's usually the small things... and the ones that are needed the most. Keys, wallet, cellphone.
I have mentioned this elsewhere but we did an investigation at an old hotel in Folsom, CA and a big comfy chair on the second floor suddenly disappeared. We did a quick search and came right back and there was the chair, once again. I think whatever it was, it wanted to show us it's strength and power. A chair that size would be quite a feat for most supernatural beings.

Mothx1... great to have you back with us, it's been a few months.    :  )

Jim,

Perhaps the chair never moved. Lets say your perspective of the chair was influenced. Whether it be a time and or dimension thing or some other similar anomaly.

#8 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,036 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 10:26 AM

View PostCDS, on 11 April 2017 - 09:51 AM, said:

Jim,
Perhaps the chair never moved. Lets say your perspective of the chair was influenced. Whether it be a time and or dimension thing or some other similar anomaly.

I agree.... I'm pretty sure the chair never moved. And I'm thinking a dimensional thing. Are you able to elaborate  on that, CDS?
Posted Image

#9 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 01:51 PM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 11 April 2017 - 10:26 AM, said:

I agree.... I'm pretty sure the chair never moved. And I'm thinking a dimensional thing. Are you able to elaborate  on that, CDS?

Other than mentioning intersecting "time lines" and or "dimensional phasing" or phase shifting.

#10 kevinscan

kevinscan

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting
    Family
    photography
    Computers
    Art
    friends
    horror & sci-fi
    a good mystery
    Star Wars

Posted 11 April 2017 - 04:51 PM

View PostCDS, on 11 April 2017 - 01:51 PM, said:

Other than mentioning intersecting "time lines" and or "dimensional phasing" or phase shifting.

I think this is the case for a lot of paranormal.
I remember a investigation into a long time  haunted house, the investigators where saying hello is anybody there, they got back answers on there tape recorders "Hello, where are you, I cant see you"  So maybe we are ghosts to people in the past.  A time shift or dimension shift.
Posted Image

The most sophisticated computer ever  devised by mankind is now called Stonehenge.

#11 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Shadow Ghost

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf, Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 11 April 2017 - 07:45 PM

Something like that happened on GH. It was at the Mount Washington Hotel, in the princess' room. They kept asking if she could hear them and she answered something along the line of, "Of course I can hear you. Where are you?". She could hear them, but couldn't see them. So to her, they were the ghosts.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#12 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,036 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 10:24 PM

Fascinating things to contemplate, CDS.... thanks.  :)

This topic is really getting my attention now, big time....... Thanks, Kevin and MacC!   :   )

Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • 11,438 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 12 April 2017 - 08:11 AM

Yeah, that was a very good episode of Ghosthunter.

mothx1, your laptop show up yet?
Posted Image

#14 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Wraith

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 12 April 2017 - 11:32 AM

Ok, so if things going missing and paranormal events are related to time and dimensional shifts, then time travel would be possible. Whether by accident or on purpose.

#15 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 04:54 AM

View Postlorac61469, on 11 April 2017 - 08:02 AM, said:

The only thing that I have disappear on a regular basis is socks. If there is another dimension at least you'll be able to find socks. Ha ha!

I have that problem too and strangely, I keep finding the missing pair on my feet!

Edited by EVP, 13 April 2017 - 04:55 AM.

Posted Image

#16 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Wraith

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 07:28 AM

Missing socks aren't much of a mystery lol, they usually go up and over the drum in the washer on the last spin cycle.

#17 MacQdor

MacQdor

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 02:10 PM

where would they take them anyway

There's a lot theories out there. A lot of questions on - where do spirits take things?   One theory is these items are relocated to hard to reach places in the house.  Ex. behind the walls, cavity spaces, crawl space, under the bath tub, base board, cavity areas, houses have tons of these areas.  I've searched exhaustively online for stories where weird items appear in weird parts of the house, parts of the house thats un-livable. I've yet to find one story a family finding stuff in the darnedest places.

Another a theory, one I sort of subscribe to is these items are taken elsewhere. A spirit removes it from your house and makes it appear in another location, another persons house.  When we moved into our home one the things we began experiencing was - finding items neither of us owned. These items where always placed out in the open.  We easily knew we didn't own these items because these items were kid toys, jewelry that a child would wear, documents, bills, bank notices, keys, etc.   Granted some of these items could have belonged to previous tenants. Some of them probably did. But maybe a few of them came from elsewhere?

What can I say is our stuff rarely re-appeared.  Most of what went missing stayed missing. Most, not all.  I never saw an item we didn't own re-disappear.   I still have a shoe box full of the stuff that appeared that neither my GF or I owned. I have to think our missing stuff is perhaps appearing in the home's somewhere else in the world.

Edited by MacQdor, 13 April 2017 - 02:10 PM.

Attitude is your acceptance of the natural laws, or your rejection of the natural laws

#18 Captain Kundalini

Captain Kundalini

Haunted Hollywood Guru

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Interests:Knowledge Seeker, Astronomy, Music, bLogging, Meditation, The Outdoors, The Beatles, Reading, Writing, Celebrity Grave Hunting, Storm Chasing, The Paranormal (Ghosts & UFO's), Computers, Romance, Travel, Literature & Photography.

Posted 14 April 2017 - 08:05 PM

According to parapsychologists and spiritualists, an apport is the paranormal transference of an article from one place to another, or an appearance of an article from an unknown source that is often associated with poltergeist activity or spiritualistic séances.
Posted Image

#19 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Wraith

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 08:48 PM

View PostCaptain Kundalini, on 14 April 2017 - 08:05 PM, said:

According to parapsychologists and spiritualists, an apport is the paranormal transference of an article from one place to another, or an appearance of an article from an unknown source that is often associated with poltergeist activity or spiritualistic séances.
If I recall correctly, that happened quite a bit during the Scole experiments.

#20 Captain Kundalini

Captain Kundalini

Haunted Hollywood Guru

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Interests:Knowledge Seeker, Astronomy, Music, bLogging, Meditation, The Outdoors, The Beatles, Reading, Writing, Celebrity Grave Hunting, Storm Chasing, The Paranormal (Ghosts & UFO's), Computers, Romance, Travel, Literature & Photography.

Posted 14 April 2017 - 08:51 PM

View PostMrsFrootloops, on 14 April 2017 - 08:48 PM, said:

If I recall correctly, that happened quite a bit during the Scole experiments.

It's happened to me, too.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users