• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 benscott

benscott

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 06:25 PM

Hi, I’m a new user and tentative believer in the paranormal. This past August, I had my first and so far only experience with something I can’t rationally explain. One night, I awoke in my house at around three AM to the inexplicable feeling that I was being watched. I opened my eyes to see a figure standing at the foot of my bed. It appeared to be a man of average height wearing a somewhat ripped up Victorian-style jacket and breeches, with shoulder-length black hair. He was entirely in grayscale as if he’d come out of a black and white photo, and strangest of all, he had no face—just a sort of swirling black hole-type mass where a face should’ve been.

This obviously terrified me, but I was so shocked that it didn’t occur to me to move or speak. I just stared at the man for about five seconds before he vanished into thin air. At first I assumed I was dreaming, but I never felt myself wake up afterward, and actually laid there fully conscious for a couple minutes before falling back asleep.

I’m not really sure what this was, but I am certain that while I definitely felt a presence of some kind, it wasn’t necessarily a negative one. I don’t need him exorcised or anything, but as my house was built in 1890, I wouldn’t be surprised if there was some type of spiritual connection there. What are your thoughts?

#2 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 13 April 2017 - 07:25 PM

Welcome to the Forums benscott! As long as you don't feel any negativity, then it should be cool. I hope this experience opens up more for you (well, if you want it to).
Do whatever makes you happy, whatever fruits your loops.

#3 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,882 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 13 April 2017 - 07:31 PM

. :sign0016: HI there. Welcome to the boards.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#4 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,343 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 07:38 PM

Wow... and welcome to the boards :)

What an experience you had :yes:

I think it could be one of two things

Firstly something non-paranormal and you were still asleep and woke up shortly after a dream. This has only happened to me once. I was sure I was awake and trying to make my way up the hallway from my bedroom. I was feeling threatened and was trying to find my partner. It wasn't until I found my partner and realised he was in his 20's ( such a shock LOL) that I knew I was still sleeping. Or...

You had a visit from a spirit which in itself is exciting and nothing to worry about, although I am sure it was frightening at the time. :yes: My friend had a similar experience several years ago at our house. She was staying with us while her house was being built and she has never had any ghostly experiences before that night (I don't really think she believed in such things). While she was asleep at our house she said she woke up to see a woman standing at the side of her bed. She said she could see the shiny wardrobe though the woman's body and was convinced she was wide awake. I have no reason not to believe her but I did give the exact thoughts I gave you :)
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#5 eeek8

eeek8

Orb

• GS Member
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 10:46 PM

Welcome!  What an neat experience.  I am glad that you've taken time to think about it and don't automatically want to try and exorcise the entity.  Perhaps he is trying to tell you something, or he could just find you interesting!  How long have you lived in your historic home?
I look forward to hearing about future encounters (if you welcome them, of course).

Edited by eeek8, 13 April 2017 - 10:47 PM.

#6 benscott

benscott

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 08:14 AM

Thanks guys! Whether paranormal or not, it was a fascinating experience.

#7 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,343 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:13 AM

View Postbenscott, on 14 April 2017 - 08:14 AM, said:

Thanks guys! Whether paranormal or not, it was a fascinating experience.

Yes, it was and thanks for sharing and lets us know if you experience anything else :)
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#8 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:19 PM

Welcome to the forums.

Fascinating. I saw my grandfather in grey scale but he had a face. Very odd that yours didn't have a face. I wonder why.

Have you had anything else happen to you?

#9 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,179 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 22 April 2017 - 01:23 PM

Hello benscott!  Welcome to the forum!

That's a very creepy haunting.  Gave me the heebiejeebies just reading it!

Posted Image

"Life doesn't get easier...

You just get stronger."

#10 Captain Kundalini

Captain Kundalini

Haunted Hollywood Guru

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 10:19 PM

View Postbenscott, on 13 April 2017 - 06:25 PM, said:

Hi, I’m a new user and tentative believer in the paranormal. This past August, I had my first and so far only experience with something I can’t rationally explain. One night, I awoke in my house at around three AM to the inexplicable feeling that I was being watched. I opened my eyes to see a figure standing at the foot of my bed. It appeared to be a man of average height wearing a somewhat ripped up Victorian-style jacket and breeches, with shoulder-length black hair. He was entirely in grayscale as if he’d come out of a black and white photo, and strangest of all, he had no face—just a sort of swirling black hole-type mass where a face should’ve been.

This obviously terrified me, but I was so shocked that it didn’t occur to me to move or speak. I just stared at the man for about five seconds before he vanished into thin air. At first I assumed I was dreaming, but I never felt myself wake up afterward, and actually laid there fully conscious for a couple minutes before falling back asleep.

I’m not really sure what this was, but I am certain that while I definitely felt a presence of some kind, it wasn’t necessarily a negative one. I don’t need him exorcised or anything, but as my house was built in 1890, I wouldn’t be surprised if there was some type of spiritual connection there. What are your thoughts?

Hi benscott. :sign0016: .
Hmmmm..... 1890. Victorian. damaged clothes and no face.
My guess is that you are in his former home. He was killed in battle somewhere.
From your description, I would have to say some sort of explosion.
He comes home, finds you there and is confused.
Time is a tricky thing because it moves differently in different dimensions & different states of consciousness:
Waking, Sleeping, Dreaming, Transcendental, etc.
On Our side, over a century has passed, while on the other side, only minutes have gone by.

#11 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,751 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 13 May 2017 - 08:37 AM

Hey! That's the plot of 'The Others'! ;)
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: First-time user, Haunting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users