Very Interesting...

• You cannot reply to this topic
20 replies to this topic

#1 HotSpot24

Orb

• GS Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:58 PM

Here are some results from my testing of GhosTalk (thank you siguie). All of these came through while I was running it in the background of certain classes at school. ALL of these happened at my school. And these are only the ones from today.

Sep 14, 2017 14:53:45 => 2 some 2 cook 2 brain 2 commit 2 protect 2 may 2 afternoon
Sep 14, 2017 14:46:47 => 2 matter 2 cat 2 mind 2 study 2 green 2 perform 2 lake
Sep 14, 2017 14:39:26 => 2 same 2 mind 2 examine 2 meet 2 cover 2 keep
Sep 14, 2017 14:27:21 => 2 dime 2 enable 2 forum
Sep 14, 2017 14:18:38 => 2 meet 2 read 2 so 2 earthquake 2 warn 2 book 2 carpenter 2 crowd
Sep 14, 2017 14:8:1 => 2 rose 2 carpenter 2 hear 2 police 2 shut 2 general 2 arm 2 set 2 experience
Sep 14, 2017 13:31:2 => 2 aim 2 maid 2 admit 2 rain 2 buy 2 beetle 2 flag 2 live 2 move 2 person
Sep 14, 2017 13:22:24 => 2 realize 2 female 2 come 2 class 2 spirit
Sep 14, 2017 10:49:59 => 2 mention 2 mist 2 exist 2 for 2 speak 2 red 2 see 2 nest
Sep 14, 2017 10:38:55 => 2 joke 2 sort 2 veil 2 word 2 4350 2 face 2 exist 2 January
Sep 14, 2017 10:29:7 => 3 crow 2 volcano 2 order
Sep 14, 2017 10:21:36 => 2 notice 2 set 2 refuse 2 get 2 thunder 2 warn 2 commit
Sep 14, 2017 10:3:52 => 2 how 2 rock 2 used to 2 steel 2 0 2 body 2 drug 2 heat
Sep 14, 2017 9:56:14 => 2 carry 2 order 2 visit 2 succeed 2 1
Sep 14, 2017 9:39:21 => 2 large 2 2335 2 correct 2 sleep 2 treatment
Sep 14, 2017 9:32:6 => 2 affect 2 first 2 you 2 aim 2 support 2 tree 2 finish
Sep 14, 2017 9:23:20 => 2 blue 2 give 3 destroy 2 geese 2 judge 2 send 2 imagine 2 destroy 2 riddle 2 take 2 company 2 should
Sep 14, 2017 9:15:26 => 2 this 2 must 2 hold 2 apparel 2 mint 2 call
Sep 14, 2017 9:6:5 => 2 thank 2 shut 2 wind 2 branch 2 concern 2 income 2 cut 2 stove

These two stuck out to me as a bit odd.
Sep 14, 2017 9:23:20 => 2 blue 2 give 3 destroy 2 geese 2 judge 2 send 2 imagine 2 destroy 2 riddle 2 take 2 company 2 should
Sep 14, 2017 13:22:24 => 2 realize 2 female 2 come 2 class 2 spirit

Description for first one: I have already talked to siguie about this (I hope you don't mind me sharing the message you sent back to me today) here was the message back: " K so as far as I know that's a record number of hits for a single session AND the odds of any word coming up essentially 5 times at a MINIMUM is 2.3730469e+14 that's 750 to the 5th power! It's actually higher than that but I don't have time to work it out."
So my understanding of this is that some spirit at my school wants to destroy something. (Not sure why, can't really ask vocal questions in class)

Second one: As this session was going some random girl came into my class. I had the tab open at the time, and as the scan came up with 'female'. I might assume that this correlates to this girl walking into my class. The scans that followed just make sense. AND maybe it IS just 'LUCKY' or whatever but I think that there is DEFINITELY something there at my school.

(Sorry for this giant wall of text, it's necessary)

EDIT: I just realized I posted this in the wrong category. :)

Edited by HotSpot24, 14 September 2017 - 01:59 PM.

#2 Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,468 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:06 PM

I don't know how an app like this is programmed... but I am assuming a huge bulk of words/phases are inputted into a database for use with the app? In other-words, are the words being displayed/heard, those that have been added to the app initially?
My Signature
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#3 HotSpot24

Orb

• GS Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:13 PM

Don't ask me it's @siguie's application @Jim@Ghoststudy.... :)

#4 HotSpot24

Orb

• GS Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 04:42 PM

At home I got an equally disturbing read that occurred just before posting this: Sep 14, 2017 18:38:6 => 2 pick 2 offer 2 describe 2 earthquake 2 describe 2 decide 2 poison 2 place 2 collect 2 hide 2 bubble 2 through

Describe 4 TIMES???? pick offer???? what? (too bad I can't swear here lol)

#5 Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,647 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 14 September 2017 - 05:32 PM

As I mentioned in the other thread, the words seem randomly generated. I wouldn't necessarily take Siguie's mathematical conclusion to heart regarding repeated words. ;)   I don't know how many words are in his database, but I have used the Ovilus and several other "ghost boxes" and got some repeats, one device had 500 words in it, the other much more.

It's easy to fall into the trap of trying to make the words fit a situation, or connect them together. My personal opinion is, in the end, it's just a random word generator. If it addressed me by name and strung together a sentence about the type of car I drive or something, I'd take more notice.

BTW, I've also had Spud Pickles "Ghost Radar" on all the phones I have had over the past 10 years. Just gibberish
My Signature
Posted Image

#6 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,751 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:43 PM

GhosTalk has 792+ words.
My Signature

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#7 siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:13 PM

View PostMacCionoadha BeanSidhe, on 14 September 2017 - 06:43 PM, said:

GhosTalk has 792+ words.

Yeah that's about right though there are a couple of names a blank space and a special number generator thingy. The blank space was in case a ghost wanted to make sure no other random words popped in and the number generator thing produces um numbers ... I "think" I set it to 4 digits so entities could add date years :yes:

Anywho the majority of the "words" are based on the most used english words plus a number of suggestions based on feedback of what people thought ghosts may want to communicate.

As mentioned in the other thread it was really meant to work kind of like an Ovilus or Ghost Box with questions being asked etc. Numerically though yeah that number really is correct :yes: it's literally just the chance of any one word being chosen {I used 750} multiplied by the emphasis number {2+3} of times as in 750^5 = 2.373046875×10¹⁴

To keep things in perspective the odds of two random people having the same birthday {month day} is around 50% when you have a group of ~30 people. The point here is that when dealing with combinations of large sets most people are not good at predicting outcomes. Also depending on how you are using GT it may require permutation calculations {combinations does'nt care about order permutaions does} Also the math involves a lot of very large factorials and I did it a while ago when I first wrote it so my recollections is that you should get an average of 2 or 3 hits per 10 scan session. The vast majority will have a 2 emphasis 3 and above is significantly less.
My Signature
- siguie -

#8 siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:22 PM

Oh and one more time I really did write in hopes of facilitating communication with entities :yes: BUT because there is always a non-zero possibility of any 100 random choices coming up like the same word picked 100 times you really cannot use the output alone as proof no matter how highly improbable it is :no: But IF you use it while asking questions and get information that can later be independently verified then COOL :yes:

Anyways coding and math is easy :yes: getting or figuring out EVPs not so much and I still have not gotten anything from my Ghost Box :sigh:
My Signature
- siguie -

#9 siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 02:02 AM

Oh and if you are going to just let GhosTalk run and collect a lot of random data you should try putting it into a word frequency counter.
2 warn 2 shut 2 set 2 order 2 mind 2 meet 2 exist 2 destroy 2 commit 2 carpenter
2 aim

Nothing really stands out for me from your list but some words definitely appeared more than once. Is it more than coincidence I don't know but sometimes you will find that one word gets picked far more than others which if nothing else is interesting :yes:
My Signature
- siguie -

#10 HotSpot24

Orb

• GS Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 05:56 AM

@Siguie, Destroy is definitely on my list of "words to look for" in GhosTalk.

#11 siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 12:57 PM

View PostHotSpot24, on 15 September 2017 - 05:56 AM, said:

@Siguie, Destroy is definitely on my list of "words to look for" in GhosTalk.

K just to be clear and make sure everyone else knows I was really only suggesting GhosTalk to communicate with HotSpot24's friendly home ghost :yes: I did not suggest looking for ghosts bent on academic destruction :no:
My Signature
- siguie -

#12 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 09:27 PM

View PostHotSpot24, on 14 September 2017 - 01:58 PM, said:

EDIT: I just realized I posted this in the wrong category. :)

Moved your thread from "Need help With A Haunting" to here :)
My Signature

Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#13 siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 12:51 AM

Correction: I just took a look at the code and counted the wurdz it's apparently 807 AND I removed the blank 'cuz it still showed an emphasis but would display a blank and I thought it would be confusing.

Technically choice zero {0} is 'blank' but it cannot be chosen ... only geeks start counting at zero and the word choices star at 1 for the benefit of nongeeks :yes:

FYI: GhosTalk is NOT an app :no: technically it's just a dynamic webpage making use of CGI {common Gateway Interface} protocols with javascript on the user side and Perl on the server side and a smatering of PHP to rounf things off aka it's just a wee tiny webpage :yes:
My Signature
- siguie -

#14 HotSpot24

Orb

• GS Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 11:26 AM

View Postsiguie, on 16 September 2017 - 12:51 AM, said:

Correction: I just took a look at the code and counted the wurdz it's apparently 807 AND I removed the blank 'cuz it still showed an emphasis but would display a blank and I thought it would be confusing.

Technically choice zero {0} is 'blank' but it cannot be chosen ... only geeks start counting at zero and the word choices star at 1 for the benefit of nongeeks :yes:

FYI: GhosTalk is NOT an app :no: technically it's just a dynamic webpage making use of CGI {common Gateway Interface} protocols with javascript on the user side and Perl on the server side and a smatering of PHP to rounf things off aka it's just a wee tiny webpage :yes:

Didn't know how else to describe it. I don't think simply calling it a 'website' covers it fully. :yes:

View Postsiguie, on 15 September 2017 - 12:57 PM, said:

K just to be clear and make sure everyone else knows I was really only suggesting GhosTalk to communicate with HotSpot24's friendly home ghost :yes: I did not suggest looking for ghosts bent on academic destruction :no:

I wanted to try it out right away, so yes, that is my fault there :)

#15 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,751 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 16 September 2017 - 11:40 AM

View Postsiguie, on 15 September 2017 - 12:57 PM, said:

K just to be clear and make sure everyone else knows I was really only suggesting GhosTalk to communicate with HotSpot24's friendly home ghost :yes: I did not suggest looking for ghosts bent on academic destruction. :no:

:lol: Only you would describe it like that, seriously dude you crack me up.

Edited by MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, 16 September 2017 - 11:40 AM.

My Signature

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#16 siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 03:23 PM

Thanxz :yes: Posted Image I have a way with words ... redefined, repronounced and repurposed ... some would say messed up BUT it's my way ... the Tao of siguie Posted Image

Oh hey no worries Hotspot :no: I just wanted to point out the coding properties for anyone who might understand the difference. :yes:

Apps are programs that get downloaded, installed on a device and often require specific access rights on the system. I just wanted to make it clear that GhosTalk does NOT require downloading, installation or app privileges :no: That was meant to be one of the selling points 1) nothing to download or install 2) No ads and 3} FREE Posted Image

I mentioned the Javascript part because well some people {like me} turn off JS access in a browser, The Perl CGI and php just explains how the process and information is passed back and forth. Technically each scan is a self-filling form that get submited to the server processed and a new form is sent to the browser.

In fact while a scan is in progress you {or your ghost} can edit the numbers ... just click a number that has already been filled out then type in another. If you want you can choose 0 {zero}, do it twice or more and you should see the word "blank" after the scan is processed.

Originally "blank" was a blank non-space character but I apparently decided it was confusing and made it unchoosable by the javascript.

Edited by siguie, 16 September 2017 - 03:25 PM.

My Signature
- siguie -

#17 Capt-Zeanie

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Computer Programming, IT, Web Technologies, Space and Astronomy

Posted 18 September 2017 - 02:39 AM

Just run this and it seems I have to "2 REPORT" that is is "2 WINTER" :good:
My Signature
--
Sean aka Capt Zeanie

#18 HotSpot24

Orb

• GS Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 09:01 AM

View PostCapt-Zeanie, on 18 September 2017 - 02:39 AM, said:

Yeah, try telling them that you want to communicate. I just ran one and got 14 hits across (different words) 30 11-second scans.

#19 MrsFrootloops

Wraith

• Lead Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 18 September 2017 - 12:20 PM

View PostCapt-Zeanie, on 18 September 2017 - 02:39 AM, said:

Well... Winter is coming... soo... lol it's not wrong.
My Signature
Do whatever makes you happy, whatever fruits your loops.

#20 siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 02:17 PM

Well yeah but Autumn is coming first and technically Spring and Summer are coming too :yes:

Oh wait did I fail to mention for the 2nd BAZILLIONth time iffen you don't have an entity talking with you then what you get is "random" words.

I do admit that Ghost Fishing is kinda fun though :yes:

Feel fre to use GhosTalk however you like BUT keep in mind there are ways to use it for realz AND no matter what you get ... by itself it is NOT Proof :no: it's a tool to help with communication and it's kinda fun to play with  :bunny:
My Signature
- siguie -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com