MacQdor

Residual Haunting

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 12:23 PM

the-seal-road-bungalow-poltergeist

https://www.chichest...geist-1-8369726

the sound of pebbles crashing on the bedroom floor as if thrown through the window - but there was nothing there at.
sharp rapping sounds
articles would disappear for days at a time, only to return again, she said, and cupboards locked at night would be open in the morning.

Edited by MacQdor, 07 February 2018 - 12:25 PM.

Attitude is your acceptance of the natural laws, or your rejection of the natural laws

#2 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,855 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 10:24 PM

Thanks for posting this! The pebble thing is quite common with poltergeists, i wonder why that might be?
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#3 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,314 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 10 February 2018 - 03:19 PM

View PostearthlydelitesGStudy, on 09 February 2018 - 10:24 PM, said:

Thanks for posting this! The pebble thing is quite common with poltergeists, i wonder why that might be?

Possibly because they're easy to manipulate.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#4 MacQdor

MacQdor

Residual Haunting

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 11:10 AM

The pebble thing is quite common with poltergeists, i wonder why that might be?

That's a question I ask often.  What's up with the stone throwing?  Majority of cases report this phenomena, especially the older cases.  Some of the interesting components include

1. stones fallen inside houses with roofs
2. the stones are not from the immediate area
3. stones (some) are hot or warm to the touch. Some arent
4. some stones are wet
5. Etc.

As prevalent as the stone throwing poltergeist was in the 18th, 19th, and mid - 20th century. I'm not finding many reports of it today.  The other known poltergeist characteristics are constant throughout various parts of the world, even today. Ex. Other objects thrown, wall markings, missing items, kitchen cabinet doors opening, loud bangs.  The stone throwing seems to have decreased.

I wonder if that because of the advent of the home appliance.  Geist are attention seekers. Its to hard to get your attention, if you're household appliances drown out the sound of objects striking the house (from outside).
Attitude is your acceptance of the natural laws, or your rejection of the natural laws

#5 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,311 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 11 February 2018 - 12:55 PM

Maybe it's stones because it's one of those objects that you really don't think about, like you're walking along, and there are a bunch of pebbles, you're not going to count the pebbles, so no one really notices if some are missing... like a jar of pennies, there are so many pennies, you wouldn't notice a few missing.
Posted Image

#6 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,855 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:33 AM

Thanks for your input mac, I agree with you. It's not particularly prevalent these days. However there seems to be an increase in unexplained puddles and the movement of objects, and pennies turning up as well...
It's in the trees, it's coming!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users