The Most Incredible Ghost Photos Ever Taken...?

• You cannot reply to this topic
73 replies to this topic

#1 paraportal

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 277 posts
  • Interests:Investigating the paranormal.

Posted 25 January 2006 - 04:17 AM

Could these be the greatest ghost photos ever taken? These photos appeared on the TV program 'The Worlds Scariest Ghosts Ever Caught on Tape' and since it aired no copies have ever (to my knowledge) appeared on the internet. The photos below were taken by me - I had to pause the videoed copy of the program and then take a photo of the screen with my digital camera. The pictures are a little rubbishy in quality but they're defintely more than adequately show just how incredible these ghost photos are!

EDIT - Because of image restrictions, I've posted the story and photographs in a new reply further down.

Edited by paraportal, 25 January 2006 - 06:27 AM.

My Signature

---
Looking at paranormal evidence with an open, unbiased mind and with a yearning to determine the facts from the fakes.

#2 eastcoastghostlvr

Orb

• GS Member
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 04:34 AM

WOW those a great pics! If they are real, then holy hades!!  blink.gif

#3 Marzo

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Interests:Evps , photography, web graphics , magic , luner phases ...

Posted 25 January 2006 - 05:09 AM

These are excellent  !!! You were one of the two people that went right ?

#4 schimmel96

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts
  • Interests:My horse Ruckus who is my soulmate, therefore my name schimmel (german for white horse). First come all the innocent children of this world who need our protection. But of course my beloved Horses and all other animals too. All are very beautiful spiritual creatures of god and their souls are pure. I study the paranormal because it's a fact of life, only in a different dimension. I'm trying to bring comfort to those afraid of dying. I believe I lived many lifes (ok, call me kooky) and this is my last one. Hopefully. Physical death is not the end. I don't need any proof, only when I think I've been pranked. It discredits the honest people who are trying to bring hope to people terrified of death and I don't see the point of making something up, when with patience you will witness something truly from out of this world. The more open and sincere you are, the more the other side will appreciate you and let you in on events.

Posted 25 January 2006 - 05:11 AM

Wow, awesome pics! Ghosthunting in a thunderstorm? You have to have a good healthy heart to do that.
Where and when was that show aired? I always seem to miss the good stuff.
My Signature

Ghosts are people too!

The thing that always makes me hazy,
am I, or other people crazy?      -Albert Einstein

#5 andLouise

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 05:24 AM

WOW!! They give me chills Those are really great pics  and great captures if they are real!
My Signature
Posted Image

#6 theunknown

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 265 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 05:26 AM

The pictures are pretty cool.... although how can I beleive anything seen in TV.  If the place was that haunted, you would think it would be fact.  The show has been known to fabricated hauntings...... really makes you wonder!

Edited by theunknown, 25 January 2006 - 05:26 AM.

My Signature
Eastern Paranormal Research
EPR

#7 cafemex

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts
  • Interests:The unexplained (for lack of a better term), computers, traveling, sports, crossword puzzles, sudoku, and beer.

Posted 25 January 2006 - 05:33 AM

Did the program mention any history on this mansion? Did it have a name? Where was it located? I also did a search on the web and couldn't find anything on this, not even a homepage for this program "World's Scariest Ghosts Ever Caught on Tape". Any additional info would be appreciated...
My Signature
"And dreams are the language of God. When he speaks in our language, I can interpret what he has said. But if he speaks in the language of the soul, it is only you who can understand"
-Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

#8 paraportal

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 277 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 05:37 AM

These are excellent !!! You were one of the two people that went right ?.

Nah, I wasn't one of the two guys. I wish I had been though!

Where and when was that show aired? I always seem to miss the good stuff.

It was on years ago. It was broadcast in the UK on the Bravo channel around 2001-2002 I think. I've had it for ages now though.

If the place was that haunted, you would think it would be fact. The show has been known to fabricated hauntings...... really makes you wonder

You're not getting confused with 'Scariest Places on Earth' are you? I used to love that show until I saw the "some aspects have been reproduced to tell a story" message at the beginning. 'The Worlds Scariest Ghosts Ever Caught on Tape" was a one-off program and featured the following:

- A bungalow which had a poltergeist. It made weird red liquid drip from the walls, there was banging in the attic, and when someone went up to investigate they had a piece of wire looped around their neck and hoisted up onto a nail on the main beam.

- A video of poltergeist activity where a number of things were shown moving on their own accord in a family living room.

- A video of poltergeist activity filmed when a house was being renovated and workers were complaining of moved tools. However, this footage is quite obviously a fabricated.

- Then there's a video of a shimmering light walking down a stairway and then turning to the right. An arm can then be seen extending upwards as the figure moves off to the side.

- Then there's this story of the figure photographed in the window.

- Then there's a boring part about some kid who could see ghosts. Then James Van Praagh came and saw them too and had a police photofit artist draw them.

- Then there was a girl who had weird lights and 'camera straps' appearing around her in photographs like in Sixth Sense.

- Then there was a piece about a log cabin that was haunted. The guy set up a series of cameras and captured a number of orbs. There were also lights darting about in the trees outside and one time he caught an orb right up in front of the camera.

- Finally, there was a piece about the McPike Mansion. When a group went into the basement there was a swirl of mist that moved from room to room before dissipating shortly afterwards.

- Somewhere in the program (I can't remember where right now) was of an Australian band who were out filming for a music video to a upcoming single release. As they replayed the footage a disjointed, faceless figure was filmed watching them in the background.

It's probably the best ghost program I've ever seen to date. I just wish it wasn't a one-off.

Edited by paraportal, 25 January 2006 - 06:38 AM.

My Signature

---
Looking at paranormal evidence with an open, unbiased mind and with a yearning to determine the facts from the fakes.

#9 paraportal

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 277 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 05:55 AM

Okay, I'm playing the video now. The information given is...

- The location is Greencastle, Indiana.

- The two people were Guy Winters and Terry Lambert. I initially thought they were brothers. Obviously now this isn't the case. My apologies.

- The mansion was on the outskirts of town. There were stories of a womanly figure floating down the road to the old house.

- The previous occupant (who Terry believes is the ghost) is called Irene O'Haire.

- The mansion was recently pulled down and a cornfield was planted on the spot.

I've taken what I hope to be better quality photos. I'll repost them in the top post when I've done them.

Edited by paraportal, 25 January 2006 - 05:56 AM.

My Signature

---

#10 paraportal

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 277 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 06:28 AM

Here's the story.

This is the tale of two ghost hunters called Guy Winters and Terry Lambert who live in Greencastle, Indiana. They had heard rumours that there was a haunted, abandoned mansion on the outskirts of town and was told of a story that a ghostly, womanly figure had been seen walking down the road towards the house.

Armed with a videocamera and some still cameras they went and investigated during a lightning storm. "The lightning was like dripping plastic" they commented. "The whole area was electric." They ventured in and had a look around. Then Terry went back outside and took three photos in succession of an upstairs window. As he was doing this he was filming the window...

IPB Image

He then went around to the back door and took another photo. Again he was videoing this as he did so...

IPB Image

However, when they got the film back they were utterly astonished to see that in the top window there was a glowing pink figure of a woman looking out towards him...

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

A second figure was also captured standing at the back door..

IPB Image

The photos of the woman in the upper window were taken to photographic expert Mick Orman. He concluded that the figure on the photograph came from the negatives.
"Very interesting, and a little un-nerving" he said about them. Here's an image of the full, uncropped photo that was shown while he was looking at them...

IPB Image

The photographs then went to Computer GRaphics expert Sean Dempsey. During his analysis of the photographs he tried a technique called 'Mass Relief'. This technique takes the light and dark areas of an image and emphasises them. When he did this the photo took on a disturbing twist when he saw the following...

IPB Image

"Her face, and I don't know how else to describe it, but that to me just looks like a skull." he said. He then went on to say "I've got to be honest. It's either a real photo of a ghost or it was done with a photographic technique that I don't know about."

A closeup of the 'skull' face is here:

IPB Image

Terry and Guy made more visits to the mansion but never caught the pink lady again. They did however capture this figure in a downstairs window...

IPB Image

A closeup:

IPB Image

Because of it's golden like colour, they called this the Gold Ghost.

Terry believes that the ghost is of former occupant Irene O'Haire. They even found her name scrawled onto one of the walls inthe building.

IPB Image

Sadly, the mansion is no longer standing. It was knocked down to make way for a cornfield.
My Signature

---

#11 Guest_chrissyee_*

• Guests

Posted 25 January 2006 - 06:35 AM

Oh yes I recall the case you mentioned about the man getting the wire tied to his neck!!
There was 'plasma' leaking from the walls,,ick. sick.gif
The case was involving a woman being harrassed by a spirit in her small bungelow and many pictures of her with wierd lights etc going towards her head...
I don't remember seeing the one from where you got the pictures though,,something about them is very authentic.
I look forward to seeing your other ones!

#12 Ghost_Stalker99

EVP

• GS Member
  • 99 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 06:40 AM

Nice! keep up the good work!  biggrin.gif

#13 paraportal

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 277 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 06:45 AM

QUOTE(chrissyee @ Jan 25 2006, 02:35 PM) View Post

Oh yes I recall the case you mentioned about the man getting the wire tied to his neck!!
There was 'plasma' leaking from the walls,,ick. sick.gif
The case was involving a woman being harrassed by a spirit in her small bungelow and many pictures of her with wierd lights etc going towards her head...
I don't remember seeing the one from where you got the pictures though,,something about them is very authentic.
I look forward to seeing your other ones!

Yes, that's her. She's known known as 'Jackie' in this program though. Another occurance that I've just remember was that a promiment mark (like a flame-shaped bruise) appeared on her babys forehead. She left that night and ever went back.

-----------------------

Nice! I've just found some better quality images of the photos...

IPB Image

Edited by paraportal, 25 January 2006 - 06:46 AM.

My Signature

---

#14 GhostlyGrace

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Interests:Freaking people out with my thoughts & dreams

Posted 25 January 2006 - 06:57 AM

I was just going to post that I saw those when I searched on google for those guys names you posted.      Very Cool
My Signature

Posted Image

#15 hotlips_hc

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 07:08 AM

Wow! Those are great caps  w00t.gif

#16 LunaEclipse

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 210 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 07:09 AM

Those gave me the chills. The one with the skull *shivers*
My Signature

user posted image

#17 hotlips_hc

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 07:10 AM

QUOTE(LunaEclipse @ Jan 25 2006, 09:09 AM) View Post

Those gave me the chills. The one with the skull *shivers*

That one sent shivers up and down my spine too

#18 Guest_chrissyee_*

• Guests

Posted 25 January 2006 - 07:18 AM

Now heres the question,,that Miss O'haire looks like such a nice woman...does anyone have anoy information on her?
I can't find any..not a surprise there though.
I wonder if they are basing their assumption that it is her on any instance they found about or just because they saw her name there....?

Edited by chrissyee, 25 January 2006 - 07:20 AM.

#19 Claire

Living Dead

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,233 posts
  • Interests:Photography, painting and ghosthunting!

Posted 25 January 2006 - 07:22 AM

I do believe I have seen this program!  So much of what you described sounds so familiar.  Especially this:

- Somewhere in the program (I can't remember where right now) was of an Australian band who were out filming for a music video to a upcoming single release. As they replayed the footage a disjointed, faceless figure was filmed watching them in the background.

I remember this so clearly.  It was the one that really stuck with me because the figure in the background was so creepy-looking.  I wished and wished that I had taped that show.  Thank you for all your work in getting the pics and stories on the board.  The woman in the window is absolutely amazing and beautiful...except of course for that skull face!
My Signature
Posted Image
"We all go a little mad sometimes."  Norman Bates

#20 paraportal

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 277 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 07:27 AM

QUOTE(chrissyee @ Jan 25 2006, 03:18 PM) View Post

I wonder if they are basing their assumption that it is her on any instance they found about or just because they saw her name there....?

They're assuming that it is her yes, mainly because they found her name written on one of the bedroom walls.
My Signature

---

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com