#1 GhostlyGrace

GhostlyGrace

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Interests:Freaking people out with my thoughts & dreams

Posted 18 August 2015 - 06:04 AM

We've seen the ghost shows where they place a flashlight somewhere and tell the ghost to turn it. I was just wondering, what if we got a touch activated lamp?  I have an old one in my bed room but it has a cord.   This one is cordless and takes batteries.  
What  if you set it up in a haunted location and told the ghosts to turn it on? Would it work?   Now, my corded lamp comes on by itself sometimes but only when I have the washer going (weird electrical crud).  So i thought a battery powered one would have less interference.  

http://www.hammacher.com/Product/87567

Posted Image

#2 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,211 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 18 August 2015 - 08:02 AM

Not sure, but would be interesting to try.  Personally I am not a big fan of communicating with flashlights. I've been  able to recreate them seemingly communicating. Heat expands and they contract when they cool, so if they are set on the edge of being either on or off, they'll turn on and off by themselves simply because of the contraction and expansion. You can even time this so you can ask questions and they seem to respond
Posted Image

#3 franco85

franco85

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:paleontology, archeology, ghost, ufo,
    rock music (Rammstein,Linkin Park), tv serie (breaking bad, the walking dead, game of thrones)

Posted 18 August 2015 - 08:58 AM

Interesting lamp :)

#4 GhostlyGrace

GhostlyGrace

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 09:15 AM

I really want that lamp and the excuse I'm giving is to test the theory of ghosts being able to use it. lol

Posted Image

#5 kevinscan

kevinscan

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting
    Family
    photography
    Computers
    Art
    Friends
    Horror & Sci-fi
    A good mystery
    Star Wars
    Hiking

Posted 18 August 2015 - 05:19 PM

Do ghosts/entity's have Capacitance?

Touch-sensitive lamps use a property of the human body -- its capacitance.  -- capacitance is the capacity an object has to hold electrons. The lamp, when standing by itself, has a certain capacitance. This means that if a circuit tried to charge the lamp with electrons, it would take a certain number to "fill it." When you touch the lamp, your body adds to its capacity. It takes more electrons to fill you and the lamp, and the circuit detects that difference.
Posted Image

"Ghosts are not conscious entities, but emotional energy recorded in matter"

Sir Oliver Lodge

#6 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 06:21 PM

Ooooh I likes the lamp :yes:

I'd just get it and say whenever it turns on or off it's 'cuz a ghost made contact  Posted Image

It really doesn't make any difference if a ghost has "capacitance" or not ... depending on how sensitive the switch is it can go on and off easier than a flashlight with a loose cap.

However, to answer GhostlyGrace's question YES yes indeed since a capacitor stores energy in a sort of electricfield cage "if" ghost exist and can effect electric fields then sure it's possible it could work :yes: So in the name of ghost research it is of extreme importance that you get that lamp and do extensive ghost research stuff with it :D

FYI: the vast majority of touch screen devices use capacitave sensing so if you get good ghost responses with the lamp you can always whip out a smartphone pull up a keypad and tell the ghost he/she can type in their response or even use Swype which is what any tech savvy ghost would use  ;)
- siguie -

#7 vave82

vave82

The Fairy with an Attitude

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts
  • Interests:Family time, my pets, travelling, outdoors, shopping, pretty things and paranormal - quite a good mix here!

Posted 18 August 2015 - 09:22 PM

View PostVlawde, on 18 August 2015 - 08:02 AM, said:

Not sure, but would be interesting to try.  Personally I am not a big fan of communicating with flashlights. I've been  able to recreate them seemingly communicating. Heat expands and they contract when they cool, so if they are set on the edge of being either on or off, they'll turn on and off by themselves simply because of the contraction and expansion. You can even time this so you can ask questions and they seem to respond

Great info about these lamps! I often watched ghost hunting shows where they have those torches that go on and off as they are talking to the 'entities'... You know what, sometimes they were barely excited about these lights going on and off when they asked questions, I would have been totally amazed and spooked - for this reason it made me think big time..... good to know how they work, I truly could not understand!! Makes perfect sense now, thank you Vlawde and Kevinscan :)

#8 Roxstar

Roxstar

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • Interests:The paranormal, ghost and after life research, family, music, science, video games. I am mostly into EVP but also love to use spirit boxes and other forms of communication. It's a true passion of mine, more than a hobby.

Posted 19 August 2015 - 03:40 PM

It's definitely a good idea.. I have a touch lamp as well, a corded one, and have had it come on by itself. I can't say it really ever scared me, and I have done sessions asking the spirits to turn it on.. only happened twice. But it did happen, so a battery powered one is an excellent idea.. that way you know it's not any type of electrical surge.. at least not through a cord :)

"What Scares You, Masters You."

-UNKNOWN-

#9 kevinscan

kevinscan

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting
    Family
    photography
    Computers
    Art
    Friends
    Horror & Sci-fi
    A good mystery
    Star Wars
    Hiking

Posted 19 August 2015 - 07:14 PM

It's always worth a try.
Posted Image

"Ghosts are not conscious entities, but emotional energy recorded in matter"

Sir Oliver Lodge

#10 GhostlyGrace

GhostlyGrace

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 09:02 AM

Somebody needs to buy this and go to a haunted location to try it out. lol

Posted Image

#11 Safire973

Safire973

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 10:11 AM

View PostGhostlyGrace, on 21 August 2015 - 09:02 AM, said:

Somebody needs to buy this and go to a haunted location to try it out. lol
I should get one and try it here in the basement.

This place is haunted up the wazoo. I can almost guarantee that Frank (a deceased resident who still hangs around) would have a blast with it.
I fully believe that not everyone is meant to see things; some things you just aren't meant to know.

#12 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,519 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 01:08 AM

View PostSafire973GStudy, on 21 August 2015 - 10:11 AM, said:

I should get one and try it here in the basement.

This place is haunted up the wazoo. I can almost guarantee that Frank (a deceased resident who still hangs around) would have a blast with it.

Lets us know the results :)

I too have had some fun times with touch lamps.  My bedside lights would turn on during the night. I would wake up to the light being on. I usually would just reach over and turn it off. However, this particular night as I turned off the light in front of me the mate on the other bedside table turned on. This sort of made my hair stand on end, but it was the printer starting up that really made me jump LOL.

Although it doesn't happen now as much as it used too :)
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#13 vave82

vave82

The Fairy with an Attitude

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts
  • Interests:Family time, my pets, travelling, outdoors, shopping, pretty things and paranormal - quite a good mix here!

Posted 22 August 2015 - 02:58 PM

View Postklainey, on 22 August 2015 - 01:08 AM, said:

Lets us know the results :)

I too have had some fun times with touch lamps.  My bedside lights would turn on during the night. I would wake up to the light being on. I usually would just reach over and turn it off. However, this particular night as I turned off the light in front of me the mate on the other bedside table turned on. This sort of made my hair stand on end, but it was the printer starting up that really made me jump LOL.

Although it doesn't happen now as much as it used too :)

Wow Klainey, that gave me the goosebumps! My husband goes away with work from time to time and I know it sounds funny, but if anything weird happens while he is not here, I am always organised to get the kids out of bed and drive to my in-laws in record time haha!! The few tiny experiences that happened to me never felt 'scary' or big enough to prompt me to go anywhere in the middle of the night, but one thing is for sure - I will never try and communicate with 'whoever is here if anyone at all' using touch lamps, just in case!!!! haha.

#14 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,519 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 11:03 PM

View Postvave82, on 22 August 2015 - 02:58 PM, said:

Wow Klainey, that gave me the goosebumps! My husband goes away with work from time to time and I know it sounds funny, but if anything weird happens while he is not here, I am always organised to get the kids out of bed and drive to my in-laws in record time haha!! The few tiny experiences that happened to me never felt 'scary' or big enough to prompt me to go anywhere in the middle of the night, but one thing is for sure - I will never try and communicate with 'whoever is here if anyone at all' using touch lamps, just in case!!!! haha.

Lol, you wait until you do the vacuuming and the tv comes. :crazy: Or my daughter was using her partner's deceased grandmother's sewing machine. When she finished it continues sewing; so she called out to me! (You know safety in numbers LOL) We took the foot pedal off and eventually had to pull the plug from the power before it stopped sewing. LOL the strange thing, even without power it ran for a bit :confused0068:
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#15 raoulduke

raoulduke

Orb

• Banned
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 06:57 AM

The best video made so far regarding "ghosts" communicating with flashlights. Pretty much debunked through and through.

https://www.youtube....h?v=wqNwGeXTQJk

#16 GhostlyGrace

GhostlyGrace

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 11:14 AM

I bought the lamp I linked above.  It's an awesome little lamp and only comes on when you touch the very top.  It's also bright.   First day I got it, I set it in the middle of the living room on the floor and told any ghosts around what it was and how they could turn it on.  The lamp stayed there for nearly ten hours and didn't come on.  But then, I think any ghosts I have are just passing through as the activity isn't constant or regular.

Posted Image

#17 Paranormal_Etcetera

Paranormal_Etcetera

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 04:14 PM

The ghosts would probably have to be very curious about the lamp. Must take one to a place that has ghosts from way back. Then they might just play with you and not do anything to it. Just stand around talking to each other about the person trying to get them to light up. :)
http://paranormaletc....wordpress.com/ Another view into the unknown.

#18 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 01:12 PM

K so this is over a year old BUT I really did like this idea about using a touch sensitive light for ghost hunting :yes: AND while very cool $40 for something that should cost less than $5 and pretty much used only for ghost hunting ... not gonna happen :no:

On the other hand for under $2 and in the name of ghost research yup that I can does :yes:

Anywho here is my video on touch sensitive ghost lights, like I said it's more than a year old BUT it's new here. Also I'm slowly working on my own video site so this was made with what I consider to be the lowest acceptable quality aka I know the quality sucks  :bunny:

Siguie Brand Ghost_Lights ver1 to 3.0  :ghost:

Also this was one of my one take wunderz using a kindle fire tablet and a carp lighting setup :ashamed: One mistake I made is the 1W LED ... that's actually a 3W LED ... 1W LEDs Do NOT need a heat sink as long as you has good air flow ... 3W and up do unless you srrsly under clock them :oz:

Other than that I ran both touch sensitive switches through more than a week long tests to see if they would magically turn on/off by themselves, including outside at night with more than one night of fog.  Basically they are eXtremely stable and only turn on/off when touched.

FWIW many people have told me siguie manor is haunted and if so my chicken s**t ghost{s} wouldn't play with any of my touch sensors Posted Image

The supercapacitors are something I think could really be useful :yes: In case it's not clear with supercapacitors you can put in very specific amounts of energy and LED lights will run for a very specific amount of time with that energy. If a ghost event occurs and the light runs out early you can actually calculate how much energy was taken :oz:
- siguie -

#19 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,016 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 04 May 2019 - 02:09 PM

Cool, thanks for the how-to video.

Edited by MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, 04 May 2019 - 02:09 PM.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#20 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,519 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 11:25 PM