Clowns?

• You cannot reply to this topic
63 replies to this topic

#41 AbsoluteAngel

Simply Angelic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:Techno, metal, video gaming, paranormal research, and all sorts of outdoors stuff

Posted 13 August 2008 - 08:42 AM

Scariest clown EVER

Posted Image

Bozo the Clown...a children's show in the late 70s and early 80s. This was on every morning as I was getting ready for school, and at night I just KNEW he was lurking under my bed.
My Signature
"Tuesday, you see, had to be free. But somehow, I've got to carry on" Lynyrd Skynyrd

#42 ChrysisChylde

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Interests:Reading everything, photography, ghost hunting, auto restoration, Boston Terriers, cats, and being a kid at heart.

Posted 15 August 2008 - 11:44 AM

I think clowns (and people in costumes) are scary to kids because they are confusing to them. Maybe they are disconcerting to adults because you can't really see their true faces. They have never bothered me, personally. My dh did some time as a birthday party clown when he was in college.  Sure, he had some scared kids... but on the flip side, he also had some moms who.... well, did anyone ever see that clown episode of CSI? See.... now THAT disturbs me!! Ewwwwwwwwww..........

Edited by ChrysisChylde, 15 August 2008 - 11:45 AM.

My Signature
~*All That We See or Seem is but A Dream Within A Dream*~
http://www.myspace.com/chrysischylde

#43 Ms. Tify

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my family, art, scrapbooking, listening to loud music, reading, photography, writing, are you still reading this? Seriously?

Posted 16 August 2008 - 05:09 AM

Bozo!  Wow, I went to a taping of the Bozo show when I was a kid.  Remember when they would pick someone to play Bozo buckets, and the arrow would fly around on screen and land on someone in the audience?  Well, it landed on my mom (Awww, it's a mom!)  Sad thing was, we had changed seats earlier in the show because I couldn't see, so I missed my chance to play Bozo buckets.  Wa-wa-waaaaaaaaaa.

I don't like clowns either.  I know I have posted this story before, but I remember seeing Ronald McDonald as a kid.  He picked me up and smiled at me, and his teeth were brown.  It scared me and I started screaming.  I still remember the look on his face, he really felt bad for scaring me.  Poor guy, he probably quit that job.
My Signature
Life's a match in a gas tank, don't ever mourn the ebbing tide, just dance on fire and enjoy the ride.

#44 Ectoplazzum

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 05:13 PM

I'm not afraid of live clowns, it's clown DOLLS that I don't like to be near or see pictures of.  Live clowns are just people in makeup, and they're nothing to be afraid of.  Clown DOLLS, on the other hand - pure evil in my book.  

DH gave me an education on clowns one night when we were talking about things that scare us.  Did you know that a clown's make-up and costume is like a fingerprint?  It's registered with an actual clown registry, and it belongs to that clown and that clown alone.  Nobody else can use it, at least not in an official clown capacity.  They even have a clown college for people to learn how to be a clown.  

DOLLS, on the other hand, I don't have any use for any of them, whether they are in clown makeup or not.  There's just something so bloody creepy about dolls, and especially the old ones with the eyes that close and the ones with TEETH!  Yikes!  I was always a tomboy growing up, and I think a lot of it had to do with the fact that I felt a lot safer playing with trucks and other boy's toys than I did hanging around with dolls.  They have always just made my flesh crawl!

Elle

#45 lordofvermin

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:maybe a little obvious...seeing as i am a member of a PARANORMAL forum XD

Posted 03 January 2009 - 02:24 PM

They're ok in small doses, too many clowns will scare me lol

M

My Signature
We are about to head on to the battle field. Believe our blades will not shatter...Believe our souls will not be cut. Even if our steps separate, our iron will remains solid....Promise....Even if the ground may split... WE WILL RETURN ALIVE TO THIS PLACE.....

#46 Argent

Apport

• GS Member
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Writing, listening to music, discussing the paranormal, reading... Very deep individual trying to develope her gifts of empathy, telepathy, and mental healing...

Posted 03 January 2009 - 03:10 PM

QUOTE(risendemon @ Apr 22 2008, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you think clowns are Satin's actors? investigate.gif  Picture 562.gif

Ummmm....  No...  lol..  Funny though...  Never really liked clowns myself...

Argent
My Signature
Imprisoned by these walls that seem to hold us within our own minds...  Only we set the limits as to how far our souls will fly....  What will you live for?  xxoxoxx

#47 the_gray_jester

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • Interests:Parapsychology, Metal music, Photography, Writing, reading, and investigating.

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:32 PM

all this and not one commented on me?  i feel so ignored sad.gif  

just kidding :P .

i guess its obviouse im not affraid of clowns,  i like them alot.  i used to love the ICP,  and the whole idea of the freekshow and the jokers cards, the mystics behind the dark carnival.  i grew out of it mind you. now im into the band that ICP ripped half their stuff off of,  same silly ideals, less clowns, and more rock.

personaly i like them because of the stories. the evilness that has been associated with them.  i think these fears were caused by movies and gacy, but as well as with a painted face, you never know who is behind it or what they are thinking. and to think auch a whimsy of childhood merr could be a coldblooded psycho slasher with an ax. its like a security blanket becoming a noose. comfort becomes terror.  clowns are supposed to be fun. if santa went around killing things and wearing their faces, you would probably start fearing him too.

and for those of you affraid of clowns,  my friends slim, fingers, and sir baggybottoms are waiting in your closet........just a word of warning.

:P
My Signature
Posted Image

#48 bigmaz

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 03:03 AM

You may like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-SamlxVgnc

..or not  crazy.gif

#49 the_gray_jester

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • Interests:Parapsychology, Metal music, Photography, Writing, reading, and investigating.

Posted 12 January 2009 - 12:31 PM

that was good,  right till the last min and a half where it was just the doll,  i was expecting something to jump out.  otherwise that clown was awsome :P
My Signature
Posted Image

#50 BFG

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 06:15 AM

Speaking of clowns and other people in disguise. One time I was Christmas shopping and a person in a Christmas tree disguise started following me around it kind of freaked me out lo,l until she said "I see you have your Christmas list," hahaha I had a good laugh about it later. My daughter and son inlaw could not even take their youngest daughter trick or treating or to the circus because of her fear of clowns and disguises she is 10 now and has somewhat out grew it. She used to get hysterical, they never knew why they never pushed her on clowns or anything like that.

#51 Caniswalensis

Spongebob Swearpants

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,784 posts
  • Interests:History & the study of anything paranormal.

Posted 14 January 2009 - 06:37 AM

America's favorite clown shows his true colors....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QzMKrsrDno...feature=related

#52 Judecat

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 05:16 PM

I don't think the fear some people have of clowns came from the movie IT,  for two reasons.  The first is that I've been afraid of clowns my whole life,  don't like them,  don't want them,  don't think they are funny.   Exactly one clown in my life I was not afraid of,  was Freddy the Freeloader (Red Skelton) and I think it was because I could tell it was just Mr Skelton dressed up.  And hobo clowns are marginally less frightening to me than the white faced ones.  And I'm way too old to have been influenced by IT -- I was already approaching middle age when I read that book.

The second reason is because as a fan of King's writing, he seems to use "universal" fears in his books,  for example,  he used the scene of walking through the tunnel in the dark,  with all the dead bodies in it in the "shining" and I think it was more effective because many people are really afraid of the dark, and tunnels,  and dead people.   I think he doesn't cause the fear,  he's using fears people already have in order to make his stories more scarey.   And I think I read that some of the things he writes about are things he was afraid of.

#53 the_gray_jester

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 07:57 PM

makes sence,  i heard mr king is affraid of the dark :P.  and im sure if he had a fear of cars to write christeen (sp?) then he must be sheerly terrified after being hit byt hat van a few years back.

alot of fears seem hardwired into us though through generations, like fears of spiders and snakes and such, i think it may have alot to do with the human form,  something there that should be normal that isnt. its a human, but its not. therefor its frightning.
My Signature
Posted Image

#54 Judecat

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 06:12 PM

That makes a great deal of sense to me,  because I'm also afraid of manikins and large dolls.  Don't talk to me about "chucky" -- I didn't like my nephews "my little buddy" doll years before Chucky showed up.

#55 BFG

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 06:23 AM

Attached File  MV5BMTI2NTIxNjQ3NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMjE4MTQ2__V1__CR0_0_348_348_SS90_.jpg   3.16K   0 downloads

The most famous clown "Emmett Kelly"

Sorry I don't know how I posted the phto twice.

Edited by BFG, 19 January 2009 - 06:31 AM.

#56 Night_Mystic

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 185 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 08:40 AM

Sorry, but I can't stand clowns, they always freaked me out, lol. Even before the movie "It"...and that movie didn't really help...also some biography on Wayne Gacy(sp?) had a pic of hom in the clown costume that creeped me out.....

and while i'm here.... http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=iCms6hmcbtY

Edited by Night_Mystic, 19 January 2009 - 08:45 AM.

#57 the_gray_jester

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 09:08 PM

my fav clown from my fav movie.i have a tonne more if anyone wishes to see my clown army.  sorry i have no pics or tiny or sir baggybottoms at the current time :P

Attached Files

My Signature
Posted Image

#58 undeadpunkchick

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:My name is Ashley. My friends call me bloodrayne, rayne, and<br />nikki. My mom died when I was a little girl and since then I have had<br />strange experiences that no one can explain. I like stuff like<br />rock, metal, punk bands, and black. Ghosts and spirits interest me.

Posted 25 January 2009 - 01:22 PM

Im alright with clowns, though they look a bit strange to me. My cousins,their friend, and me went to Scarowinds
and Em, my 13 yr old cousin, got chased around by one. confused0068.gif  It was funny because she got mad at
us for laughing at her.  angry2.gif . Ha! Other than that clowns are just weird (no offense to clowns)

#59 undeadpunkchick

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:My name is Ashley. My friends call me bloodrayne, rayne, and<br />nikki. My mom died when I was a little girl and since then I have had<br />strange experiences that no one can explain. I like stuff like<br />rock, metal, punk bands, and black. Ghosts and spirits interest me.

Posted 25 January 2009 - 01:28 PM

QUOTE(AbsoluteAngel @ Aug 13 2008, 11:42 AM)
Scariest clown EVER

Posted Image
Bozo the Clown...a children's show in the late 70s and early 80s. This was on every morning as I was getting ready for school, and at night I just KNEW he was lurking under my bed.

HOLY crud!!!  THE PICTURE OF BOZO IS DISTURBING style_emoticons/default/happy0045.gif

#60 Avaren

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 03:08 PM

this is creepy.....

These parents hired a baby sitter to look after their kids while they were out all the while the baby sitter was very unnerved at this small clown statue in the living room. it just creeped her out. so when the parents called to check in on the kids she decided to mention it. their answer was this, "we have no clown statue.".........she panicked hung up the phone called 911 (in the bathroom), got the kids and went over to a neighbors house. she called the parents back and talked to them while the police arrived and looked through the house. turned out it was a child molester who had been posing their all night. the cops had been looking for him for over three years (or so).

creepy huh?
My Signature
~The more we learn the less we know~

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com