• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 Caniswalensis

Caniswalensis

Spongebob Swearpants

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,784 posts
  • Interests:History & the study of anything paranormal.

Posted 19 November 2009 - 07:57 AM

QUOTE(OffDutyCopGStudy @ Nov 19 2009, 07:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Since inquiring minds want to know, I'm a whopping 5'7".

A person's stature cannot be accurately measured in mere inches. wink.gif

#42 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  • Interests:Interested in the paranormal, and I am proud I just published my first book regarding my haunting.

Posted 19 November 2009 - 09:29 AM

QUOTE(OffDutyCopGStudy @ Nov 19 2009, 05:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's quite possible. Of course, I lean heavily towards most of Mr. Ramsey's troubles being caused by an undiagnosed mental condition(s). It goes without saying, however, that mixing such a mental condition with a constant intake of alcohol is never a good idea.

I'll forgive you this time, Canis. Of course, while I have no doubt that such an incident, which would have involved Ramsey attempting to turn himself into the custody of police officers just before becoming inexplicably violent could have happened, I believe the details of the attack itself are probably a bit exaggerated.

While many people who suffer from mental illness also seem unnaturally strong, I've never encountered someone quite THAT strong.

Since inquiring minds want to know, I'm a whopping 5'7".

Thats okay ODC, I am 5' 2" so to me, you are tall.. innocent0005.gif
YOU CANT SCARE ME, I HAVE KIDS

#43 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2009 - 11:18 AM

QUOTE(BlueAngel @ Nov 19 2009, 10:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thats okay ODC, I am 5' 2" so to me, you are tall.. innocent0005.gif

<-------------- Is 6' tall.......

I would have to agree with ODC on the point that Mr. Ramsey was suffering from an undiagnosed mental condition.

The exorcism, as stated in the link above could have worked because Mr. Ramsey did belief that it did, a power of suggestion kind of thing, and I really don't see the harm in that. The hamr comes from the way that Mr. Ramsey has been somewhat exploited by The Warrens. This is just MY opinion tho.

#44 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  • Interests:Interested in the paranormal, and I am proud I just published my first book regarding my haunting.

Posted 20 November 2009 - 12:26 PM

QUOTE(HelenaHandBaskettGStudy @ Nov 20 2009, 11:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<-------------- Is 6' tall.......

I would have to agree with ODC on the point that Mr. Ramsey was suffering from an undiagnosed mental condition.

The exorcism, as stated in the link above could have worked because Mr. Ramsey did belief that it did, a power of suggestion kind of thing, and I really don't see the harm in that. The hamr comes from the way that Mr. Ramsey has been somewhat exploited by The Warrens. This is just MY opinion tho.

OMG Lucky! I always wanted to be tall LOL...I understand your opinion because it certainly makes sense, whereas being possessed by a Demonic animal does not. From what I have read, Mr Ramsey did not believe he was possesed but he figured it would be a free trip to the U.S. I believe if he was mentally ill, they would have diagnosed him while he was in institutions. They only mentioned the "wolf" type obsession, which can lead to oppression and possession. Many folks want to remain anonymous, so it was up to Ramsey if he wanted to either sell his story, or share it. So he makes that decision not the Warren's..JMO Picture 562.gif

#45 Judecat

Judecat

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 06:03 PM

IMO it wasn't an undiagnosed mental condition,  it's just that no one gave that diagnosis to the media.  Just like alchoholism is a known illness,  but the Warrens didn't bother to mention that.  I think that would be because IMO the Warrens didn't actually believe in mental or neurological diseases -- that would be consistant with some of the things I've read.

Bill Ramsey didn't publish his story,  The Warren's did.  They might call it his decision,  but in many cases the decision is a financial one,  The Warrens are not providing free travel and expenses if they aren't getting a book out of it.  Heck they won't even pay their own travel expenses out of state unless they can publish.

My other piece of opinion is that how come the Warrens think they are the only people in the entire world who can "diagnos" possession -  there aren't any clergymen in London?

#46 BlueAngel

BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 09:25 AM

Hey JUDE, The article and records state that the only diagnosis was "obsession with wolves." For the most part as its written he grew up, married and had children. So it appears he was afraid of himself, but he wasnt sure why. I dont believe the Warrens are the only people in the world that can deem someone possessed, but seems in many cases they were the only ones who cared. If Ramsey didnt agree to go public, he never ever would have spoken to the media himself, shown his photo and told his story. I give him credit because most people in lots of these situations remain silent. The Warren's and Ramsey stated they paid for his travel expenses. In any case, I liked this story and kudos for Ramsey in coming forward..

#47 Judecat

Judecat

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 07:51 AM

Obsession with Wolves is not a diagnosis.  It might be one of the symptoms of his illness,  or an explaination of why he thought he was a werewolf.   In my opinion the Warrens were obsessed with Demon's,  which is why they saw them every where, and would never entertain the idea that they were wrong.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users