• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 misskittyk

misskittyk

Orb

• GS Member
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:32 PM

Going tomorrow to Patterson House in Winchester, CA (Between Hemet and Temecula) for an overnight investigation. Too short of a warning to get much research done.  I know it was built in 1891, over the remains of an adobe ranch house.  Is now a musuem

Said to be very active.  but finding nothing really online.

Need info ASAP!

#2 spooki

spooki

EVP

• GS Member
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:paranormal, zombie movies, photography, art

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:25 PM

ooh looks like an interesting place!

http://winchestercah...com/museum.html

"In the shadows of the sleepy country town of Winchester, California lays the Patterson House, which is the oldest standing building in the town (though it is technically in Hemet). The Patterson House was built Winchester pioneer John Patterson over the ruins of an adobe home that was once the headquarters for a Mexican rancho before the Mexican War. The Patterson House is now (or once was) a museum and visitors have claimed to experience poltergeist activities including phantom knocking, doors opening, and objects moving. Many claim it is the spirit of Lloyd Patterson who died  as a young man in the house from Tuberculosis in the early 1900s."

taken from: http://www.strangeus...n.aspx?id=63510

Have fun! That one looks like it would be a fun investigation :)

The Okinawa Paranormal Files

~ Respecting the Past and Looking to the Future~

Find us on Facebook!

#3 misskittyk

misskittyk

Orb

• GS Member
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:21 PM

Looking forward to it.  It will be my first investigation with this new group I may be joining - (I guess I'm already a member because they say I am, but I know this trip will be a test for both sides.  I have been working freelance for so long this will be good.  I have also walked in with no equipment but my gift for most of my life, and now I'm carrying equipment.  Have been for the last 6 months or so.  

Have discovered that there are at least 3 deaths there, and that Lloyd was buried in one cemetery, but in 1999 under the excuse of vandalism, this cemetery was supposed to be moved to the bigger one in town - only not all of the bodies were moved, just the stones, and they built houses over the bodies that were left...

I think I might go into this one with little more than my guardian angel and a flashlight - Although I'l love to take my video cam for possible EVPs.  what is your opinion?  being they are going to be determining if I'm a good fit, just as I will be determining if I'm a good fit not only in their group, but in a group period...

Edited by misskittyk, 13 January 2012 - 07:22 PM.

#4 Lindsay Lizzio

Lindsay Lizzio

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 197 posts
  • Interests:My family and the paranormal.Art of all types,good people,anything that makes me laugh:)

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:23 PM

Ghost adventures crew went there.If you have Netflix you should watch the episode.Pretty cool and have fun:)

#5 misskittyk

misskittyk

Orb

• GS Member
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:20 PM

View PostLindsay Lizzio, on 13 January 2012 - 08:23 PM, said:

Ghost adventures crew went there.If you have Netflix you should watch the episode.Pretty cool and have fun:)

I don't have netflix, but I'll check it out and see if I can find it

#6 spooki

spooki

EVP

• GS Member
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:paranormal, zombie movies, photography, art

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:44 PM

View Postmisskittyk, on 13 January 2012 - 07:21 PM, said:

Looking forward to it.  It will be my first investigation with this new group I may be joining - (I guess I'm already a member because they say I am, but I know this trip will be a test for both sides.  I have been working freelance for so long this will be good.  I have also walked in with no equipment but my gift for most of my life, and now I'm carrying equipment.  Have been for the last 6 months or so.  

Have discovered that there are at least 3 deaths there, and that Lloyd was buried in one cemetery, but in 1999 under the excuse of vandalism, this cemetery was supposed to be moved to the bigger one in town - only not all of the bodies were moved, just the stones, and they built houses over the bodies that were left...

I think I might go into this one with little more than my guardian angel and a flashlight - Although I'l love to take my video cam for possible EVPs.  what is your opinion?  being they are going to be determining if I'm a good fit, just as I will be determining if I'm a good fit not only in their group, but in a group period...

I know how that goes. I recently left a group to form my own as they weren't the right "match" for me.. far more into the "fame" of ghost hunting than any science or historical aspects of it, which are more important to me. It is so hard to find a group that not only share your interests but your investigation style as well at times lol

Wow! sounds even better than what I found lol. Enjoy it ( but yes do be safe lol) ^_^

The Okinawa Paranormal Files

~ Respecting the Past and Looking to the Future~

Find us on Facebook!

#7 misskittyk

misskittyk

Orb

• GS Member
  • 47 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:44 AM

View Postspooki, on 13 January 2012 - 09:44 PM, said:

I know how that goes. I recently left a group to form my own as they weren't the right "match" for me.. far more into the "fame" of ghost hunting than any science or historical aspects of it, which are more important to me. It is so hard to find a group that not only share your interests but your investigation style as well at times lol

Wow! sounds even better than what I found lol. Enjoy it ( but yes do be safe lol) ^_^

Yeah I agree.  This group recently formed as a splinter off another group that is more about having fun and goofing off than finding the problem and resolving it for the good of the homeowners.  I've spoken at length with the founder of the new group and I think our goals are pretty close.  Although I am a bit more in to the historical aspects (OCD level, here - LOL) But they are serious about what they are doing but not seeking fame.  

I'm interested to see their investigation techniques.  Some times I carry all of my cameras and such, but I have much more experience with just my gifts.  Going for a while this afternoon to get the layout and to clean up the cobwebs and things that can be mistaken for ghostly touches, then back tonight for the investigation.  There is no electricity there.  

Will let you know how it goes - I've been told that there had been an evil spirit but it has been cleared and now it is just the family spirits there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users